lucid drm progress

In my case anyway it seems that having LD’s is related to my interest or enthusiasm level. And it seems this level will lessen over time. Maybe I’ll be trying some technique for several nights with few results. I begin to loose the anticipation then seem to forget about the LD technique. That’s disappointing. Any energy system dissipates. You just can’t stay happy or sad or interested for ever. It seems pointless to get frustrated and keep hammering against the wall. This happens with piano practice where you get into a rut, tired of playing the same old so you take a break for a few days then come back with new enthusiasm.
I don’t know the answer. I’ve had many vivid slightly lucid dreams and only a few where I found myself saying ‘this must be a dream’ but then drop out. I try prayer and projecting love into my LD work. It can only help.

I had the same happen to me back in the day. You need to do a reversal. Meaning for your vivid slightly lucid dream take pride and feel good about them. During the day analyze and think deep about them. Let new ideas come to you. Doing this, your priming your mind for the next reentry.
For the dreams you have were you say to yourself “this must be a dream”. Stop doing that. It has become a trigger to wake you up. Now what you must do is just believe that it will happen. Be light-minded, go to sleep with next to nothing on your mind. remember you did your deep thinking already during the day. At night its time to sleep. Think be light as a feather. With time you’ll start to catch more lucidity.