EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 127
LD4ALL 23rd Anniversary Party

Normal Dream Challenge 13 - Winners Announced!

Post new topic Reply to topic

Author  Message 
Eilatan
The Lookout Rogue.
Head Scribe
Eilatan has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
27
Chat Mods
Scribes
Posts: 1769
Joined: 26 Sep 2010
Last Visit: 21 May 2019
LD count: 十&
Location: Australia!
 
PostPosted: Tue 11 Sep, 2018  Reply with quote

Scores have been updated. notify


obfusc8 wrote:
Should be another +3 dreams from the 9th & 10th, but I haven't managed to finish the write-up yet.

No worries. Just let us know when you add the other dreams in. ^^


Majah wrote:
One task: In "Kittens" I see a bike

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Congrats on seeing a bike! And LOL! Sounds like your dream was trolling you!


Alot wrote:
September 11: one fragment where I was riding a bike, and one ND

Congrats on riding a bike!! But umm, I was just wondering whether you were already on the bike when you became lucid? I couldn't tell if this counted as a task occurring while lucid or while NDing, so need confirmation as to which it was.


EarthlyInspired wrote:
One dream and one fragment before my WBTB, and after, one dream and a really short moment of lucidity after a reality check.

Congrats on the short lucid and for being the first person to claim Reality Check points this NDC. :D


Just a reminder to everyone that you can claim points for RCing even if it doesn't result in you becoming lucid. So remember reality check !



Current LD goal(s): Meet my dream guide

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
back to top
Obliverum
lucidly living
Astral Explorer
Obliverum has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
39
Posts: 292
Joined: 01 Jan 2018
Last Visit: 20 May 2019
LD count: 2018: 18
 
PostPosted: Tue 11 Sep, 2018  Reply with quote

last night: one nd and one fragment.

EarthlyInspired wrote:
So yesterday. Would you believe that I found an old bike in the woods behind an old cabin! I thought FOR SURE it was a dream...

this is wonderful! i hope youll update us on the bike as you spruce it up.



Current LD goal(s): learn healing magic

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com=
back to top
moogle
1 LD to milestone !
Site Admin
moogle has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
62
Chat Mods
Posts: 17008
Joined: 11 Aug 2003
Last Visit: 21 May 2019
LD count: 49 LDs so far
Location: Lancashire England.
 
PostPosted: Tue 11 Sep, 2018  Reply with quote

Also 1 day to get dream related art points for week 1. (Susan is on holiday so can upload later)

We are enjoying all the dreams draait



Current LD goal(s): 6 LDs per year * ND goals - actively incubate interesting/fun dreams

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
back to top
Majah
dream grower
Astral Explorer
Posts: 263
Joined: 22 Jun 2014
Last Visit: 09 Mar 2019
LD count: 100+
Location: Netherlands
 
PostPosted: Tue 11 Sep, 2018  Reply with quote

1 ND, DJ entry

back to top
Alot
MEOW
Dream Deity
Posts: 669
Joined: 28 Jun 2012
Last Visit: 22 May 2019
LD count: 11.8 estimate
 
PostPosted: Wed 12 Sep, 2018  Reply with quote

Eilatan wrote:
Congrats on riding a bike!! But umm, I was just wondering whether you were already on the bike when you became lucid? I couldn't tell if this counted as a task occurring while lucid or while NDing, so need confirmation as to which it was.

Yeah, I was already riding the bike when I became lucid. I think riding the bike was what triggered the lucidity because I realized I was doing a task.


back to top
Yev
Dream Deity
Dream Deity
Wolfgame
Posts: 856
Joined: 18 Mar 2005
Last Visit: 21 May 2019
 
PostPosted: Wed 12 Sep, 2018  Reply with quote

September 11: 1 ND

back to top
EarthlyInspired
Oneiro Apprentice
Somniologist
28
Posts: 154
Joined: 12 Sep 2017
Last Visit: 20 Dec 2018
LD count: 36
 
PostPosted: Wed 12 Sep, 2018  Reply with quote

Obliverum wrote:

EarthlyInspired wrote:
So yesterday. Would you believe that I found an old bike in the woods behind an old cabin! I thought FOR SURE it was a dream...

this is wonderful! i hope youll update us on the bike as you spruce it up.


Thanks! She's a rare beauty this one, complete with moss on the handlebars and everything. lach1
I greased up all the chains and bought a little tire pump for it on the weekend. The tires have held air ridiculously well considering they look like that are slowly deteriorating.
I took Incubation Bike out on her maiden voyage that day. I would make it about ten feet before the chain would jump off the gears and jam into the contraption at the back tire haha. I kept putting it back on but the gear shifters don't work (can't figure out why other than age haha) and the chain seems a bit too long. I fiddled around with things and found a nice calibration where if the chain stays on the smallest gear, it wont jump off. It was great! My dog and I went for a couple km, and it sailed like a dream.

You'd think all this bike tweaking would leak into my dreams but no! Still no dream bikes! cry

Ah well, the 3 ND's I did have last night were very interesting. In one of them I was trying to use ice cream as currency at a convenience store



Current LD goal(s): Have LDs become commonplace in my dreams; succeed in WILDing
back to top
Majah
dream grower
Astral Explorer
Posts: 263
Joined: 22 Jun 2014
Last Visit: 09 Mar 2019
LD count: 100+
Location: Netherlands
 
PostPosted: Wed 12 Sep, 2018  Reply with quote

EarthlyInspired wrote:
I took Incubation Bike out on her maiden voyage that day.

enjoying the IRL dream bike story line ^^


back to top
Majah
dream grower
Astral Explorer
Posts: 263
Joined: 22 Jun 2014
Last Visit: 09 Mar 2019
LD count: 100+
Location: Netherlands
 
PostPosted: Wed 12 Sep, 2018  Reply with quote

1 ND today, DJ entry

back to top
obfusc8
obfuscate! :P
cookie lover
obfusc8 has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Posts: 1457
Joined: 27 Mar 2014
Last Visit: 17 May 2019
 
PostPosted: Wed 12 Sep, 2018  Reply with quote

EarthlyInspired wrote:
You'd think all this bike tweaking would leak into my dreams but no! Still no dream bikes! cry


I hope you've named her. smile Naming things increases their significance and our emotional attachment to them... like pets. Also, when you become lucid, just call out your bike's name, and she'll find you. siiw

Still on the 9th... catching up slowly... +1 dream here

Also... @EarthlyInspired the bike gear levers basically connect to the derailleur, which is the bit of metal above the chain that directs the chain onto the right sprocket... its probably seized up.


back to top
Eilatan
The Lookout Rogue.
Head Scribe
Eilatan has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
27
Chat Mods
Scribes
Posts: 1769
Joined: 26 Sep 2010
Last Visit: 21 May 2019
LD count: 十&
Location: Australia!
 
PostPosted: Wed 12 Sep, 2018  Reply with quote

Scores have been updated.


Alot wrote:
Yeah, I was already riding the bike when I became lucid. I think riding the bike was what triggered the lucidity because I realized I was doing a task.

lach1 What a great LD trigger! Congrats on being the first to complete the task in an ND! You've been awarded full points for your achievement!


EarthlyInspired wrote:
It was great! My dog and I went for a couple km, and it sailed like a dream.

You'd think all this bike tweaking would leak into my dreams but no! Still no dream bikes! cry

Ah well, the 3 ND's I did have last night were very interesting. In one of them I was trying to use ice cream as currency at a convenience store

Glad to hear your dream bike is working out! I agree with Obfusc8, a bike like that deserves a name! wink And lol! Trying to pay with ice cream! Great missed dream sign. tounge1


And everyone remember, you can still claim points for doing the task late, and all subtasks are awarded full points no matter when you do them! So keep riding!



Current LD goal(s): Meet my dream guide

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
back to top
Obliverum
lucidly living
Astral Explorer
Obliverum has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
39
Posts: 292
Joined: 01 Jan 2018
Last Visit: 20 May 2019
LD count: 2018: 18
 
PostPosted: Wed 12 Sep, 2018  Reply with quote

Majah wrote:
EarthlyInspired wrote:
I took Incubation Bike out on her maiden voyage that day.

enjoying the IRL dream bike story line ^^

me too! smile

one lucid fragment for me last night.



Current LD goal(s): learn healing magic

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com=
back to top
EarthlyInspired
Oneiro Apprentice
Somniologist
28
Posts: 154
Joined: 12 Sep 2017
Last Visit: 20 Dec 2018
LD count: 36
 
PostPosted: Wed 12 Sep, 2018  Reply with quote

obfusc8 wrote:
EarthlyInspired wrote:
You'd think all this bike tweaking would leak into my dreams but no! Still no dream bikes! cry


I hope you've named her. smile Naming things increases their significance and our emotional attachment to them... like pets. Also, when you become lucid, just call out your bike's name, and she'll find you. siiw

Also... @EarthlyInspired the bike gear levers basically connect to the derailleur, which is the bit of metal above the chain that directs the chain onto the right sprocket... its probably seized up.


Thanks Obfusc8! You are probably right about the derailleur, that felt pretty rusty, and that is what I fiddled around with to make the chain stay on the smaller gear. This weekend I'll see if I can't get it working properly.

I like all the suggestions to name her! Originally I was just calling her Incubation Bike, but I think a real name is in order. I put a lot of time into thinking of a witty name, but for some reason Driving Miss Daisy kept popping into my head, so I think that name is calling her.

And anyway, I think a nice elegant name like "Miss Daisy" contrasts quite nicely with her shambles appearance lach1

And would you believe it, Miss Daisy came to me in my dream last night!! Yayyy!

I will enter my 2NDs and some fragments into my DJ tonight after work. They are from last night (Tuesday night). Are those still considered on time?



Current LD goal(s): Have LDs become commonplace in my dreams; succeed in WILDing
back to top
Eilatan
The Lookout Rogue.
Head Scribe
Eilatan has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
27
Chat Mods
Scribes
Posts: 1769
Joined: 26 Sep 2010
Last Visit: 21 May 2019
LD count: 十&
Location: Australia!
 
PostPosted: Wed 12 Sep, 2018  Reply with quote

Scores have been updated. ^^

EarthlyInspired wrote:
And anyway, I think a nice elegant name like "Miss Daisy" contrasts quite nicely with her shambles appearance lach1

And would you believe it, Miss Daisy came to me in my dream last night!! Yayyy!

I will enter my 2NDs and some fragments into my DJ tonight after work. They are from last night (Tuesday night). Are those still considered on time?


woo I love the name Miss Daisy! It's so eloquent and definitely fitting!!

And yep, any dreams that occurred before the posting of the new task are considered Week 1. Remember, only the main task (Ride a bicycle) is hampered by being late. All other tasks receive the same amount of points they would if it were the week they were released. But you still want to try doing all the tasks in the Week they are released, because then you get a nice bonus. kiekeboe



Current LD goal(s): Meet my dream guide

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
back to top
Eilatan
The Lookout Rogue.
Head Scribe
Eilatan has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
27
Chat Mods
Scribes
Posts: 1769
Joined: 26 Sep 2010
Last Visit: 21 May 2019
LD count: 十&
Location: Australia!
 
PostPosted: Wed 12 Sep, 2018  Reply with quote

Week 2: Life is a Highway!

Life's like a road that you travel on
When there's one day here and the next day gone
Sometimes you bend, sometimes you stand
Sometimes you turn your back to the wind

- Tom Cochrane



Welcome to the second week of the NDC Folks, where the challenges are hotter than a black leather seat on a hot summer day!

That's right! This week the challenge is to drive a Car! (50 Points). Whether it be fast, red, clown, talking, or racecar bed, it is welcome here! Just pick your ride and strap yourself in!

Bonus Tasks:
  1. See a car (5 Points)
  2. Ride a horse-drawn carriage (10 Points)
  3. Take a car off the beaten path (10 points)
  4. Take part in a car race! Either officially or by accident. (20 Points) Be it a speedy drag race, your standard track or even an old car rally, doesn't matter the style or if you win or loose, taking part in a race is what matters here!


---------------



Current LD goal(s): Meet my dream guide

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
back to top
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic Reply to topic

print  

All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB
LD4all ~ spreading the art and knowledge of lucid dreaming online since 1996 ~