Normal Dream Challenge 13 - Winners Announced!

I’m not claiming points for recall, since this is the ND challenge and mine are LDs. Four last night, for the record. Not my best.

I did a bonus task while lucid: see a car.

I’ll type up my completed tasks from last week later today. That dream is rather more complex to reconstruct from the coded notes.

EDIT: I suppose there was a chain and an RC in there, too. I forgot that’s part of the challenge.

Ah, I have not! I will check that out today, thank you :smile:

One ND and a fragment today, will upload tonight!

Scores have been updated. :cool:

Ooh, I know the feeling! All of my car dreams have some weird issue where I’m trying to drive from the back seat. Possibly why I’m so spooked out to ever actually drive. But I hope you are able to get a good car dream!

“Point-dumping” is when someone claims points for a weeks’ worth of dreaming without giving prior notice. It was a tactic used in many previous LCs by participants who were trying to lull other players into a false sense of security; (because they thought they only needed ‘x’ amount of points to win). It has since been considered bad sportsmanship and excluded in recent Challenges.

Moogle and I don’t mean to seem harsh, but to keep things fair for everyone, we won’t be able to count those previous tasks. As said, next time we recommend dropping by and letting us know you have achieved specific tasks and will be writing them up at ‘x’ time.

But remember, the NDC still has four weeks remaining and you are welcome to retry the tasks and claim points. Bonus tasks aren’t penalised for not being done in the week they were introduced, so everyone is given the same opportunity to achieve them. :content:

Also,

Congrats on the LDs. Feel free to type them up and claim points for them. We are focused on recall of any kind here, so any dream typed-up is eligible for points, regardless of whether it is an ND or LD. :wink:

Ok, thanks for clarifying. I guess it didn’t cross my mind, since I thought everyone just did their best, regardless of how much other people were claiming :tongue: Maybe put it in the actual rules for future challenges? It’s not really something you’d guess if you haven’t followed them before, but it’s easy to avoid if you’ve only been warned! I hope I can still get the points for doing all weekly tasks on time (even though I can’t get the actual points for the first), since you can’t really catch up on that one :nuu:

I think I won’t claim for recalled dreams since I get an awful lot anyway, and I wouldn’t really want to rack up points just through that. Presumably the spirit of the challenge is to improve the skills you haven’t already cracked. Also, I’m paranoid about the quality of my narration and I don’t want to do reams of longhand material every day. I’ll stick to tasks.

Back in the old days, before LDs, I used to have a recurring stress nightmare where I’d have to drive someone to hospital, without knowing how to drive. There would be so many pedals and gearsticks and I couldn’t work any of them out. I’d always get pulled over by the police. I think passing my test eventually cured that one…

Ok, finally got that written up. While lucid, completed the bicycle task and the subtasks pennyfarthing and race. I’m confused on how the points work, now, so I leave that up to the taskmasters :help:

EDIT: Do we need to update the topic title? It still says “bike”.

its interesting to hear peoples dream driving problems, i wonder if its a fairly common dream phenomenon?

a search reveals a thread in the archive from 2004 called problems with driving cars that has some more examples, mostly going too fast or brakes failing.

i had a bunch of fragments last night, just one that counts.

That’s a great find, Obliverum. It sounds as if anxiety dreams about driving are especially common to people who can’t yet drive. It’s such a remote scenario, not something you’d actually think about aged 15 - why does it keep cropping up in dreams?

Also…octopus suit? You can’t leave it at that! Was it a smartly tailored suit for an actual octopus, or an octopus disguise for a human, or some sort of spacesuit made to fit an astronoct? Please tell us!

I can’t drive, haven’t got a licence and I drive really carefully and cautiously in dreams so I don’t get found out!

Looking back through my dream journal, cars have worked correctly in the driving dreams I had lasy year. But before that I’ve had driving dreams where the handling was wrong, especially if I brake hard. Maybe cars are one of those thngs like computers and mirrors that are hard for the unconcious to simulate accurately.

Also, I’ve had anxiety dreams about an especially narrow and tricky section of road (which in real life is now somewhat easier, as repeated collisions by drivers who didn’t get it right have had the effect of a road widening scheme…)

Yeah, that’s an important distinction, Susan.

I notice my nightmares have always been about not knowing how to control the car, rather than about the car itself malfunctioning. I use to have quite similar stress dreams about singing in a choir (or worse, solo) and, whatever I did, I just could not read the music!

I sympathize with that. IWL,there are some junctions near me where I would gladly pay for the cost of having traffic lights installed :no: My car is twice my own age, so I have to be extra careful.

September 14: 1 ND

September 15: 1 ND that I thought was real at first.

SPOILER - Click to view

Also, I guess it’s not an issue anymore, but just want to say that personally I wouldn’t mind if DeRuyter001 was given points for the first week tasks, since he didn’t know, and it wasn’t too long after the task ended when he disclosed it. I also think it would have a lesser impact being at the start of the challenge as compared to the end when it’s already crunch time. Just my personal thoughts, but respect the final decision :content:

Non-lucid dream about a new bank card.
Non-lucid fragment about opening a door.
Non-lucid dream about a vase.
Non-lucid dream that’s a Bruce Willis movie.

Had 1 ND and 1 LD here this morning. No tasks but I did noticeably bring about the end of the world for the first time in my LD by destroying clones of the moon. :content:

another fragment pile last night, only one counts for points. half of them are about sleeping so thats where im at

one of them was about sleeping in a car though!

it was written early in the night, i dont remember anything more. maybe it has something to do with my earliest fragment written last night, also a mystery.

Sorry for not getting my dreams for the 14th up yesterday, I got home very late last night.
Here they are, a dream and two fragments. Man I hope one of our challenges in this NDC in the future is going to be sitting on a toilet, because dang I nearly have those dreams every night. :rofl:
Also, the one fragment that night was trippy af! I don’t know how my brain can think these things are “normal” enough that they don’t warrant questioning my reality… hahaha :ack:

As for last night, one ND.

No goals reached :eh:

Apparently my dream theme the last couple days has been relationships haha :eek: If only it were cars!!!

I find that interesting reading everyone’s experiences with driving vehicles. I actually can’t remember every having driven a vehicle in a dream, even though I’ve had many dreams where I’m just getting out of my car and such, but the driving part is never there, at least not in my memory.

So I made an Imgur account and uploaded the photo, but it doesnt seem to be working to link it to my DJ thread… this is what I am doing:

fixed needed?1 removing (moogle) Imo it does count for art.

Suggestions?

Also in reference to that, Eilatan or Moogle, I don’t expect this sketch to count towards dream art; I am in no way an artist haha and this is just something I sketched briefly in pencil to illustrate for myself what the thing actually looked like in my dream.

I don’t want to interfere, so disregard this message if necessary, but I also have no concerns with letting DeRuyter catch up. Now that the rules are clear, perhaps we can give him the benefit of the doubt for the first week, and clarify that there will be no more points dumping permitted from this week forward from anyone. Just a thought :smile: The challenge is a fun one, and we are all in it together! Perhaps it would depend on how the other contestants feel as well though.

:eek: Do you seriously always have that many LD’s?? Oh my goodness, tell us your secrets! How do you do it?! :tongue:

Thanks Moogle!! :hugs: