Normal Dream Challenge 13 - Winners Announced!

That’s a great find, Obliverum. It sounds as if anxiety dreams about driving are especially common to people who can’t yet drive. It’s such a remote scenario, not something you’d actually think about aged 15 - why does it keep cropping up in dreams?

Also…octopus suit? You can’t leave it at that! Was it a smartly tailored suit for an actual octopus, or an octopus disguise for a human, or some sort of spacesuit made to fit an astronoct? Please tell us!

I can’t drive, haven’t got a licence and I drive really carefully and cautiously in dreams so I don’t get found out!

Looking back through my dream journal, cars have worked correctly in the driving dreams I had lasy year. But before that I’ve had driving dreams where the handling was wrong, especially if I brake hard. Maybe cars are one of those thngs like computers and mirrors that are hard for the unconcious to simulate accurately.

Also, I’ve had anxiety dreams about an especially narrow and tricky section of road (which in real life is now somewhat easier, as repeated collisions by drivers who didn’t get it right have had the effect of a road widening scheme…)

Yeah, that’s an important distinction, Susan.

I notice my nightmares have always been about not knowing how to control the car, rather than about the car itself malfunctioning. I use to have quite similar stress dreams about singing in a choir (or worse, solo) and, whatever I did, I just could not read the music!

I sympathize with that. IWL,there are some junctions near me where I would gladly pay for the cost of having traffic lights installed :no: My car is twice my own age, so I have to be extra careful.

September 14: 1 ND

September 15: 1 ND that I thought was real at first.

SPOILER - Click to view

Also, I guess it’s not an issue anymore, but just want to say that personally I wouldn’t mind if DeRuyter001 was given points for the first week tasks, since he didn’t know, and it wasn’t too long after the task ended when he disclosed it. I also think it would have a lesser impact being at the start of the challenge as compared to the end when it’s already crunch time. Just my personal thoughts, but respect the final decision :content:

Non-lucid dream about a new bank card.
Non-lucid fragment about opening a door.
Non-lucid dream about a vase.
Non-lucid dream that’s a Bruce Willis movie.

Had 1 ND and 1 LD here this morning. No tasks but I did noticeably bring about the end of the world for the first time in my LD by destroying clones of the moon. :content:

another fragment pile last night, only one counts for points. half of them are about sleeping so thats where im at

one of them was about sleeping in a car though!

it was written early in the night, i dont remember anything more. maybe it has something to do with my earliest fragment written last night, also a mystery.

Sorry for not getting my dreams for the 14th up yesterday, I got home very late last night.
Here they are, a dream and two fragments. Man I hope one of our challenges in this NDC in the future is going to be sitting on a toilet, because dang I nearly have those dreams every night. :rofl:
Also, the one fragment that night was trippy af! I don’t know how my brain can think these things are “normal” enough that they don’t warrant questioning my reality… hahaha :ack:

As for last night, one ND.

No goals reached :eh:

Apparently my dream theme the last couple days has been relationships haha :eek: If only it were cars!!!

I find that interesting reading everyone’s experiences with driving vehicles. I actually can’t remember every having driven a vehicle in a dream, even though I’ve had many dreams where I’m just getting out of my car and such, but the driving part is never there, at least not in my memory.

So I made an Imgur account and uploaded the photo, but it doesnt seem to be working to link it to my DJ thread… this is what I am doing:

fixed needed?1 removing (moogle) Imo it does count for art.

Suggestions?

Also in reference to that, Eilatan or Moogle, I don’t expect this sketch to count towards dream art; I am in no way an artist haha and this is just something I sketched briefly in pencil to illustrate for myself what the thing actually looked like in my dream.

I don’t want to interfere, so disregard this message if necessary, but I also have no concerns with letting DeRuyter catch up. Now that the rules are clear, perhaps we can give him the benefit of the doubt for the first week, and clarify that there will be no more points dumping permitted from this week forward from anyone. Just a thought :smile: The challenge is a fun one, and we are all in it together! Perhaps it would depend on how the other contestants feel as well though.

:eek: Do you seriously always have that many LD’s?? Oh my goodness, tell us your secrets! How do you do it?! :tongue:

Thanks Moogle!! :hugs:

September 15: Fragments only

No recall from last night. I can remember that I was dreaming just before waking, but I lost all the details.

Sorry for the brief absence. I’ve got about 7-8 dreams from the last 3 nights to write up, including one I probably won’t, due to …ah… mature content. :shy: Haven’t consciously completed any tasks, so hope this won’t count as point dumping. Also, decided not to bother with any dj entries still incomplete from week 1, been too long now really.

Scores have been updated.

Good to see this dream finally typed up. It was also a rather funny one, jousting the gardener and all. :happy:

So, due to a general consensus of your fellow participants, Moogle and I have decided to award you points for see a bicycle and ride a pennyfarthing. However, since the main task dealt with riding a “normal pedal bike” (modern style), and since a joust is a sport of its own where the object is not a challenge of being the fastest, but to knock your opponent from their horse–(or in this case, pennyfarthing)–we were unable to award you points for those. Feel free to do them as late tasks, though!

Also, congrats on being the first participant to claim ride a pennyfarthing this challenge! That was a WILD dream! :woah:

Wow! Good work on the dream art! I agree with moogle that this does count, as it looks like a detailed drawing to both of us, so congrats on the first claim of dream art this NDC! :content:

Thanks for letting us know! I look forward to your, ahh, not-mature dreams. :wink:

September 16: 1 fragment and 1 ND

Two lucid dreams and two fragments

I’m finally over the flu, so more dreams should be coming. Also, three lucid dreams in a week?! :open_mouth: I’m doing great, even though they are short and lack any dream control.

Edit: added the fragments. There were cars in one of them.