Normal Dream Challenge 13 - Winners Announced!

This drawing of one of my dreams doesn’t count for points, because the dream was before the start of the NDC. (I’m testing that the process of scanning and uploading drawings works).

I could view it Susan

Weeoooo! Went for a train ride last night in my second dream! It was so fun :happy:

Also, I’m moving house over the course of the following week, so my entries may be somewhat simplified. Hopefully I’ll still get to it every day though :smile:

September 23: Fragments only

Non-lucid dream in which I am in a cabin in the woods.

Unlike nearly every horror film ever, nothing bad happened. I could feel heat and cold. The weather is just turning cold in waking life here in the UK, so the dream weather was faithful to waking life.

(Compare The Evil Dead, Antichrist, Honeymoon etc.)

i drove a car in my dream last night! i had trouble making it go the right way.

later i had a fragment where i saw a train speeding through town on a new track.

so one nd, one fragment, driving a car, i also saw the car in front of me, and saw a train.

Hi Koal, good to see you have been dropping in.

I’m not sure if you notice, but here at the NDC we are focused on dream incubation and recall. We find the best way to improve recall and incubation is through the act of DJing, and as such a facet of the rules is that only dreams written in your online DJ will be considered for points.

This is why all of your fellow participants have been steadily posting their dreams each day, and why we are unable to count the 16 NDs which have not been added to your DJ here.

We would have suggested you to post them earlier, had we known you planned to claim points for them. Unfortunately, if you read the post on posting old dreams without notice a week late, you will know that point-dumping will not be accepted this challenge, in the same way it is not accepted in the LC.

Moogle and I don’t mean to seem harsh, but as a former LC TM, you should be familiar with the necessity of keeping things fair for every participant. So to keep things fair, we won’t be able to count your previous and unposted dreams and tasks. The LD you had last night, which contains a late and lucid attempt of the bike task, has been counted.

To avoid disappointment in the future, please consider posting your dreams to your DJ here, as I’m sure your fellow participants would enjoy reading them.

Scores have been updated. :woo:

Wow! Congrats on doing the train task! :wow: And the see a train task. And the steam train task. :yay:

And the :woah: Well, moogle and I were wondering, do you count that as “awesome” scenery? Because we had no idea if you do, but if you do then congrats on that task, too. :peek:

Woot! :clap: Well done on getting drive a car, see a car and see a train!

No, that’s ok, while it was beautiful, in the dream it was all the familiar scenery of where I live. Personally, I would consider the “see awesome scenery” bonus task as a new and exciting place to see, which this wouldn’t qualify as for me. But thank you :content:

Well done Earthly! Going up and down the hill on the tiny train reminded me of the beginning of “Dumbo”. Thinking about it, I realize that was probably a normal-sized train, but it felt small compared to the animals. (Funny how you carry so many impressions with you from childhood, which simply go uncorrected until you have a specific reason to think about them again. Until five minutes ago there was a latent assumption in my adult head that Dumbo began with an exceptionally small train!)

(I know we shouldn’t post too many pictures but this will help people incubate!)

I completed the task last night. I saw some trains, rode a train and possibly saw some awesome scenery. I’ll let you decide. Sadly, it had little to do with my ongoing story-line and I was reluctant to post it, but I’ve decided it’s worth the two minutes it’ll take to read. Will type up tomorrow morning.

I want to do the steam train next. One more night!

For the awesome scenery bonus, we depend on the dreamer’s impression to guide us.

September 24: 1 ND

Oh, Dumbo… A childhood favorite. As a matter of fact, my train ride felt nearly exactly like what my childhood impressions were of that beginning train ride in Dumbo.

Just some fragments for me last night!

Non-lucid dream in which I have lunch with a group of women at a hotel restaurant.

This week, I’m going to be trying some lucid dream induction techniques. Last night’s (non-lucid) dream was after an intentional WBTB.

September 25: fragments

Scores have been updated. :tongue:

Got it. It’s always interesting to see how things that appear ordinary to some people can be seen as awesome by others. :peek:

Wow! I completely forgot about this train. I remember it being small, too. But when looked at from this angle it looks three times the size of the humans! I think I remember it being small because Dumbo’s mother was bursting out of her carriage? But then, it’s been a while since I’ve seen it.

Also, feel free to post images. You’re right and they help people incubate, so we don’t mind seeing them. :content:

And as Moogle said, just like with the Quest we rely on the interpretation of the dreamer as to whether they believe their scenery was awesome or not. So you let us know.

Good luck with the lucids! If you’re planning to WBTB, you should see if you can chain into previous dreams, because chains count here. :wink:

By the way, I loved seeing your dream art but was wondering if those are the ones that you were planning for this NDC. I saw the ones from LC61, but couldn’t tell if the others matched dreams from our Weeks. :eek:

The other pieces of dream art I’ve uploaded also don’t count for this challenge.

I’ll make a link to them in this thread when I’ve uploaded the sketches I made in the previous weeks of this challenge.

In a previous Lucidity Challenge, I seem to remember having a discussion with Thorn (who was hosting) about how good the restaurant was in my dream. It’s hard for anyone except the person who had the dream to make those kind of subjective judgments!

Reminder

Last week to get points for the Ask and Receive wings Quest. There will be a new Quest on October 1st.