My dream journal entries are short

Page 1 of 1

Author  Message 
Enz
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

My dream journal entries are short
PostPosted: Tue 25 Sep, 2018  Reply with quote

there about 4 sentences, what should I do?

moogle
1 LD to milestone !
Site Admin
moogle has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
LD count: 49 LDs so far

Are you making dream notes as soon as you wake up? The more time lapses, the more you will forget. Also, don't jump out of bed as soon as you wake up.

Here's a short tutorial Improving Dream Recall

Current LD goal(s): 6 LDs per year * ND goals - actively incubate interesting/fun dreams

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
Eilatan
The Lookout Rogue.
Head Scribe
Eilatan has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 十一

I would say don't stress about only having 4 sentences. Even some really experienced dreamers write only 4 sentences for their recall.

A lot of people stress that detail is important when it comes to recall, but the point is that quality matters over quantity. Sometimes it's fun to remember a super long adventure dream, but sometimes it's even better to remember the small details of the present someone gave you in a dream.

The main thing to remember is that recall is a way for you to remember your dreams, so don't measure them by what you might see in other people's DJs. If 4 sentences is enough for you, then that's fine. Enjoy it. If not, then just as the improving Dream Recall topic says, continual practice will remind your dream self that details are important, and if you keep it up one day you'll find you write much more than 4 sentences. ^^

Current LD goal(s): Meet my dream guide

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
aFish

PostPosted: Sat 13 Oct, 2018  Reply with quote

U have to start remembering first thing u wake before y even move. Try to remember what u were just dreaming. Then go backwards from that. My experience is that when you have good dream recall, you have so much to write that you can easily fill in 2 pages if you write in enough detail. Make sure you write how u felt, what you where thinking and just about anything u can remember. What color hair did the people have? Was there any weird sounds... Etc

PostPosted: Sat 24 Nov, 2018  Reply with quote

I think you should keep writng your dreams. Just don't stop! I had the same problem when I just started

Sir.Lox
LD count: 2

PostPosted: Fri 07 Dec, 2018  Reply with quote

Hey new here,
In the last month (I only truly found out about lucid dreaming a month ago after having a weird dream which i found out was lucid) my dream journal some dreams entries are a few pages long and some are only a few sentences. When i re-read them tho i realize that they are sometimes the same length dream, time wise, usually and its mostly just me adding detail that comes to me as i write about it. So maybe try to just elaborate on the general things you remember even if it seems pointless and more, smaller, details will pop into your head. Sometimes even one extra word and fill in the blanks for another half of the dream for me.

DeanRon

PostPosted: Wed 12 Dec, 2018  Reply with quote

Some of mine are very short as well. If you don't recall a lot of details, they can't be long. Simple as that. But you also want to write a diary entry as soon as you can so the dream is as fresh as possible in your mind.

Page 1 of 1

print   ShareShare