The BIG "Hi, I'm new here" topic part 75

Hi all,

I am new here. I am a lucid dreamer myself and am currently studying online communities of lucid dreamers for my graduate dissertation in Social Anthropology. I’m interested in LD for personal reasons but I also am trying to better understand other people’s experiences with it and how they are connecting with other Lucid Dreamers digitally.

Would love to chat with any of you, feel free to PM me. Happy to be a part of the forum.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum LaMer Anthro :wave:
Your graduate dissertation sounds like an interesting topic.

Hi,

INTJ from Czech republic, Prague (EU). My lucid dreams are of 3 types:

• WILD
  • I spontaneously know I am dreaming*
  • DILD (using RC)

The WILD technique sometimes also turns me into a non-dream ASC (this is rare, but very emotional and strong experience).

• this happens mainly in peaks of dreams solving my psychological issues, I simply know I am dreaming. My hypothesis is that “higher dream awareness” wants me to process the dream by thinking further about it. This usually happens with no visual perception at all, but sometimes starts another dream based on what I was thinking about.

hello mhi, welcome :spinning:
I’m not sure what ASC means, can you explain please. I’m guessing it’s an observer but I’m probably wrong.

ASC = altered state of consciousness. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altered_s … sciousness

May include various visuals (psychedelic-like, meditation-like light experience, etc.), feelings (love, etc.).

Thank you for the explanation

hey everyone!^^ just quickly wanted to introduce myself

im 26 and Im glad I found this forum (Im from Germany but all friends, on- and offline, I tried to talk to about lucid dreaming dont seem so interested in it so…Im glad I can share and read stories here!)
I cant remember when I started practicing but it has been many years and I dont have much success, but of course I wont give up:)
Im currently in my transition from female to male and actually I managed to “test” my future male body in a lucid dream which is really nice! Also, I want to study psychology and somehow help researchers in lucid dreaming - because I want to make LD more…public(?) in Germany and hope that therapist might use it as a method

Hi kumoki, welcome!
And what a wonderful way to use your lucid dream !

Did you know there is a German LD community as well (i dont know how active they are though) klartraum.de

Ofcourse LD4all is way cooler :wink:

yeah ive read a bit about it but its a bit hard …i rather like to communicate in english haha (I even write my dream journal in english …)

but i might give it another try^^

Helllooooo Everyone

For the little story…

I’m a Fake new member because i’m on the LD4all French part, but he is closed now, my last JDR is in the french board. You want a proof with a print screen ? okay, i have this stuff. I see the light inside the windows and i want restart a new diary here.

SPOILER - Click to view

for the first time i remember to me my purpose, clean the nightmare by the dream lucid, i have complete this target and now i want learn new skill and restart the number of my Dream lucid. In the real life i’m a webdesigner and i like draw and make a movie and other logo too.

Thanks for read my little introduce and that’s a pleasure to see you in the board later !

Ps: I have access to the French board and its all contents, if you need information on it ask me by mp :smile:

Nice to meet you again.

hello Kumoki and Riokua

I will check out your DJs on here. :peek:

Thanks you moogle, i’m happy to read you’r dream journal too. :wink:

Might want to keep it to the Lucid Leap DJ, just LDs in that one. :peek:

Yet, another forum I joined. Well I am hoping to become active on the other forums I am on but, I might be able to handle a few more. A lot of people call me Pebble for short or Lil Pebble. I am an artist and a writer. I wanted to start experementing with lucid dreaming because I want to take my Tulpamancy to the next level I have several tulpas. To keep this short I will be sure to create a basic description of them all in my public diary on blogger.
The art that I do is traditional mixed media. I am confident in graphite/charcoal but, I am still learning color pencil, and acrylic painting. I normally use mixed media paper because canvas does not work on light box’s for transferring my sketches. I mostly create fantasy creatures and still life. I hope to become confident with landscapes and not just futuristic city settings.
As for my writing, I write two blogs, I keep a private dairy, and I am working on a book series I hope to self publish. My book series is a scifi fantasy where there is both magic and advanced technology. I am also spiritual at times in my writing. Hopefully no one minds because I can’t separate my wonderland from my beliefs. When I manage to learn how to lucid dream I may not be able to keep my spiritual life out of it. I joined this forum because I was inspired by the fact “respect peoples beliefs” is in the rules here. I hope my beliefs can be tolerated. I will respect yours as well.

:yes: There is a personal beliefs topic current part if you wish to make a post or two.

Hope you enjoy your time on ld4all. :content:

Hi All,

Thought I would introduce myself, I go by Sam (Or DreamMystic if you’d prefer :smile: ) I’m new to the forum, but I’ve had an interest in LDing for a while now. I’m somewhat familiar with the basics of some of the induction techniques but I’ve never had much luck on my own. I’m really looking forward to diving in, chatting with you all and hopefully getting some lucid dreams under my belt!

Hello DreamMystic welcome to the forum.
If your recall is ok, I would recommend joining LC65 which will begin soon. It will motivate you to do reality checks and a short meditation daily. Also you will get to know some forum members better.
Link - [LC 65 - The Great Library! Books found: 38)

Thanks Moogle, I’ll check it out! :smile:

Hello everyone,

Pleased to meet you all. I have had a fair number of LDs in my lifetime, but I have never made a concerted effort to cultivate them. My nightmares often turn into LDs, but I usually wake up before anything interesting happens. I think I can change this by changing my attitude about lucid dreams.

I am a civil servant in my twenties, with a wife and a little baby girl. I enjoy reading and I’m deeply interested in psychology (both normal and abnormal), which is one of the reasons I am interested in dreams.

My dream recall is currently abysmal. I am remembering 1-3 dreams a week, but it has been much better in the past. I wake up aware that I have been dreaming, but it has already slipped away. I will be working on dream journaling and reality checks for now, until my recall gets better. I have a new baby (4 months) to wake me up all through the night, which ought to help, but in practice my recall is much worse than before I became a father.

Happy dreaming to you all!

:content: Hello Olrandir welcome to ld4all.
I find that lying still on waking and attempting to recapture the dream by working up and down the timeline. What happened before? What happened next? helps. BUT having a baby in the house I can appreciate that this isn’t always possible. :peek: