|[HILD] Hargart's Induction Technique Log|
|Posted: Mon 28 Jun, 2004
- HILD: Hargart's Induced Lucid Dream -
Here is a new lucid dream induction technique I created
1. Go to sleep:
- You want to do this tech when you are the most tired. For some people, it's 3 hours after you have gone to sleep, for others, 5, or you can do it in the morning (harder)
- might help to tell your self to wake up after your dreams (Like in the MILD tech.).. haven’t tried this yet
- Try playing very soft music in the background when you go to sleep if you want to wake up during the REM state. Make sure it's very very soft, and has no beat/voice in it.
2. This is the hardest part of the technique. You need to get into a state where you are very tired, and feel like you could easily fall asleep. To achive this, you either have to wake up from a dream during the night, set an alarm clock for the time where you will be the most tired, or use the dream period in the morning.
2a. (Unreliable, but easy if you wake up) If you find that you have just woken up from a dream in the middle of the night or you set your alarm to wake you up, you should already feel very tired. Continue to step 3. (if not, just go back to sleep. You could try to relax, but I dont think it would work too well.)
2b. (most reliable) If you have set an alarm clock for 3, 5 or however many hours works best for you, you should wake up in a tired state. Try relaxing, and when you feel like your very close to sleep, contine to step 3. However, if you have woken up, and dont feel tired at all, I would go back to sleep.
2c. (hard and unreliable) If you have woken up in the morning, you might not feel very tired. (You might be relaxed, but you would find it hard to start sleeping agian.) To get into this "tired" state, you should go back to sleep. In about 30 mins (or more), you will wake up again. When you wake up this time (try not to move or open your eyes), try to relax as much as possible and see how tired you feel. (Be carefull you dont fall back to sleep) If you feel very tired, continue to step 3. Otherwise, go back to sleep, and try again when you wake up.
3. Relax. Once you think you are about to fall asleep again (You should already feel like this when you wake), you need to start moving part of your body, It should just be a very small movement, and it needs to be repetitive. I recommend using your fingers.
- What I do is this: Right now, imagine you are playing a piano with 2 fingers: your pointer and middle finger. Push one key down, lift it back up and at the same time, press the other finger down. Just keep going back and forth between the fingers. I have my hand under my pillow when i did this, but Im sure it would work anywhere. Just make sure the movement is very small, and takes very little energy to perform it. (I was just doing this on my right hand)
- Another Note: When you are moving you fingers, don’t try to visualize anything, just think to you self that you will do this for 10-30 secs, and then check to see if it's a dream.
- Also, do not tell your self all the actions you are going to do, and do not "count" while you do this tech... Just say to your self, you will do a RC in 10-30 secs, and then just lay there, moving you fingers.
- Try to focus on the movement, and just try to relax.
- Do not focus on trying to fall asleep (it will keep you awake). Keep focus on your fingers, do not let your mind wander.
4. Once you start the motion, try to relax (as much as you can, but don’t force it. Dont "try" to fall asleep) and wait about 10-30 seconds (keep your fingers moving). During this short time, tell your self that you will wait about 10-30 secs, and then you will check to see if you are in a dream. (Don’t count in your head) Once the 10-20 secs have passed, do a nose RC (Where you pinch your nose closed, and try to breath in.. If you can, you are in a dream). If the RC fails, just try to go to sleep normally for a few mins (no motion or RCs), and try the tech one more time. If it fails again, go to sleep, and try again later that morning. If it works it should only take 10-30 secs. Do not lay there doing a RC every 30 secs over and over, it will just wake you up even more.
- The first time I did this, I thought that It wasn’t going to work. After the 10-30 secs, I still was sure that I was still trying to fall asleep, with my fingers moving. However, when I did a RC, I realized it was a dream. I thought to my self "wow, I’m in a LD, I guess it does work"
- On 7-4-04, I found that whenever I started to dream, I had a tingly sensation all over my body.
5. If the nose RC works, try to get out of bed...
- I found that in the morning, when I tried to get out of bed in the dream, I would wake up immediately when I tried to move. If this happens to you, you should try this: once you realize that you are dreaming from the nose RC, keep your eyes closed, and keep pinching your nose. Continue to breath through your nose. Wait about 10-30 secs, and then try to visualize your room in your head (like your looking at it thru your closed eyes). The image should slowly come to you, and once it has, get out of bed, and you shouldn’t wake up from the movement.
NOTE: When this works successfully, the real world (where you were moving you fingers) will be transitioned into the dream world (You will dream that you are still moving your fingers, and trying to relax).
Some people are telling me that they are trying to move their fingers, and then do a RC every 30 secs.. That's not what you should do. If the 1st RC fails, stop the finger movement, and RCs, and try to relax for a few mins, then, try the tech once more. If it fails again, go to sleep, and try again later that morning. Hope that helps
Things to try: Instead of waiting only 10-30 secs, see what happens if you wait more like 1-5 mins. (When I discovered this tech. I kept waking up from what I thought was the real world, and realizing that it was entirely a dream.. So I tried again, and told my self to wait a few secs, and then do a RC.. and it worked). I think that it is either going to work, or it's not going to work, do not lay there for 20 mins moving your fingers. If it doesn’t work, go back to sleep, or try relaxing for another few mins.
So far it looks very successful, I will continue to improve upon it as I test it out some more (and as other people post their experiences)
Pre Attempt: 6-24-04 (1 LD)
This is happened before I had created this tech: I had just woken up at 5 am for a WBTB, and I tried to WILD.. This didn’t work, so I thought I would just try the MILD tech... So i finally feel asleep. Later that morning, I woke up briefly, and tried moving my hand for some reason, and suddenly, I woke up from a dream (I had thought that I was still awake laying in my bed!) .. So i tried it again, and I woke up from the same dream again.. This time, I said to my self, I will just wait a few secs, and I will do a RC.. So, I started again, and a few secs later, I did a RC.. It was a dream..
Attempt 1: 6-26-04 (1 LD)
I woke up around 5-6 am, and I was very tired. My right hand was under my pillow, so i tried moving my 2 fingers up and down (just enough so i could tell my fingers were trying to move). I then thought to my self, Ill just wait a few secs, and see if im in a dream. So after 7-10 secs passed, I still belived nothing had happened, and i was still laying in my bed, moving my fingers. But just to be sure, i sat up, and did a RC. Sure enough, it was a dream. (posted the LD in my diary if you want to read it)
Attempt 2: 6-27-04
Well, I went to bed at 1:50 AM, slept for 6 hours w/o waking up, and then suddenly woke up from a noise in my house. So I didnt get a chance to try it.. I will try again tonight..
Attempt 3: 6-28-04
Again, I didnt wake up until it was light out, and the sun was shining in my room. I tried to relax, and I tried the tech. a few times (I belive it almost worked once) And then ended up having a dream about doing this tech, while looking at monkeys, huh? .. anyway, I need to find a way to wake myself 3 hours after I go to sleep when I enter the REM state ( I think it will work the best then ) I noticed that on my first Attempt, it was raining out, and was making a lot of noise on my skylight.. (And I woke up 3 hours after I had gone to sleep)...
Attempt 4: 6-29-04
Ok, I set an alarm 3 hours after I went to sleep, woke up, and tried relaxing for a few mins (only about 2-3 mins).. But i guess i relaxed too much, because I fell asleep.. heh.. I have a feeling that this will work good because this was how my first attempt worked (I woke up 3 hours later from the sound of the rain, and then tried this tech.)
Attempt 5: 6-30-04
Set my alarm again for 4:30am and woke up, tried to relax and become tired, but the alarm ended up going off again when I was almost ready to try the tech... After that I couldnt get back to that state.
Attempt 6: 7-1-04
So I set my alarm for 3:30 AM, and turned the volume very low..
After about the 3-4th ring (about 15 secs) I realised the alarm was going off, so i just layed there for a few more secs, and then turned it off. At this point, I felt very relaxed and tired (the way I did the 1st attempt).. At that point, I forget what I did (I must have try to relax some more.. and then fell back to sleep .. It was fast)
Attempt 7: 7-3-04
Went to bed at 12:30, and woke up about 2.5 hours later from the alarm (too early..), I tried relaxing and then tried the tech.. didnt work, and then I dont know what happend after that. Anyway, I ended up having 4 LDs that night, 1 DILD, 1 MILD, and 2 from FAs (not from my tech)
Attempt 8: 7-4-04 (2 LDs)
Success! I set the alarm for 3:30 am, and never woke up. Around 5:00 am I woke up, and shut the alarm off. I tried the tech at this point, but it didn’t work, so I went back to sleep. Later that morning, about 30 mins later, I woke up again from a dream, tried to relax, and did the tech. It worked! After I woke up from the LD (very short) I tried it again, but the LD woke me up too much. At that point, I got out of bed, and considered waking up. However, I decided to go back to sleep. Again, I woke up from a dream later that morning (about 30 mins again) relaxed, and tried the tech again, and to my amazement, it worked.
Attempt 9: 7-5-04
I woke up at 5:30 from my alarm, and I felt really tired. I think I fell back to sleep and then woke up again. I was still tired. I tried my tech, but I was "trying" to fall asleep.. Which will just keep you awake. Once I tired the RC, the alarm went off again, and I lost the tired state. Very Close..
Attempt 10: 7-6-04
No luck, I woke up from the alarm at 5:30, but I was too awake, so I decided to go back to sleep, and try again when I woke up, but the alarm woke me up.. It was time to go to work..
Attempt 11: 7-7-04
I didnt set an alarm, so I woke up at 7:30 am. I tried going back to sleep, but I kept waking up from 10 sec dream, and never felt tired. Finally, I had a long dream, and when I woke up, relaxed too much, and SP started. So I decided to try the tech while in SP. I started moving my fingers, and suddenly, a matrix of numbers appeared in front of me, filling my vision. (I was aware of what was going on the entire time) So then I got too excided, and woke up again.
Attempt 12: 7-8-04 (2 LDs)
I tried playing some sound in the background (it didnt have a beat, and no singing, just mystical sounds). I think I woke up about 5 times during the night in a tired state, a few of the times I was so tired, I just fell back to sleep. Finaly, that morning, I woke up very very tired, and I tried the tech. Almost instantly, a tingly feeling came over my body, and I held my nose to do a RC (Almost like SP w/in the dream) I then laid there holding my nose for a while, just breathing thru it, and then imagined my room, and got up.
DeMoN: I woke up at nine, forgot to set my alarm for four, anyway my dog was barking and woke me up, i did a reality check and nothing, i wasn't sleeping so i decided i would try this method. I started to move my fingers, but instead of 10 secs. i went for about 2 min., i then sat up and did a RC, nothing. However as soon as my head hit the pillow i feel asleep dreaming that i was still in bed, i decided that i would do one more RC before i went to sleep, and low and behold, i was dreaming.
Zardos: I did wbtb sleep for 6 h I think…went up to the bathroom.. and back to bed, then I jest relaxed so match that I was almost fell asleep then I raise up form my bed and did a Rc and I was dreaming!!
Tz0rcelan: I went to sleep 1:30 am but i didn't sleep anygood.. i slept maybe after about 3:00 am and i woke up 7:30 am and then i just lie in my bed for like 1 and a half hour (tried to recall) and just being very tired(but relaxed), then in 9:00 am remembered to try this one.. and i though like its never gonna work. And then after like 20 secs i did an RC and i was dreaming.. hm it felt strange cuz it felt kinda like the "reality" was in my head (like in an ND.. and it was the same in the LD, it was night in the LD but it was 9:00 am (it was morning and the sun was up). Anyway it was a very short LD (10 sec) BUT it was my FIRST!!!
SpEEd0: I tried this last night and it was so amazing. I woke up in the middle of the night and I felt really tired and I remembered this technique and put my hand under the pillow and moved my fingers for 30 seconds. I started to hear music so I knew I was in a dream but to make sure I liquifyed the wall.
Trancewave: I didn't set an alarm last night, I just used the time that I awake normally to do this. I remember I was starting to get sleep paralysis and my body was going tingly. I started to lose my conciousness and I was in a dream a few minutes later. I realized I was dreaming a couple minutes into the dream, but I lost my lucidity fast.
JaRoD: I remember moving a finger and then I looked at my alarmclock and the numbers where greyish instead of red and I got lucid.
Zardos: I told my friend about this tech and he had 2 Lds in row.
Dr.Stein: For me this technic worked excellent! First night when I tried this I got two pretty good lucid dreams in one night. First time when I tried I fall directly to sleep, but the second and third try worked excellent! And I'm not even a excperienced lucid dreamer, I've only tried it once for around 3 months ago starting to remembering my dreams and that stuff. I left that techninc after only a few days and since that i havn't tried any lucid dreaming at all until now.
Macrophage: Went to bed around 1:25 and woke up at 4:40 for another attempt at HILDing. I relaxed my body and surprisingly fast (~20 sec) I started to feel like I fell asleep. I started to move my fingers, and it feels like an energy flows through my whole body. At the same time I got this gut feeling that I'm dreamnig right now but I continue concentrating on my fingers. As I'm moving my fingers I hear "Moonlight Sonata" in the 'background' as if my fingers played it .
If anyone else tries this out, please post what happened in here.. maybe we can improve it some more..
Last edited by -hargarts- on Fri 16 Jul, 2004; edited 49 times in total