EN \ NL \ FR
Train your lucid dreaming skills:
Join the LD4all Quest and earn your Wings!
print ShareShare 

the BIG MILD topic [part II]

Page 5 of 10Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Author  Message 
milod789
Night Explorer
LD4all addict

PostPosted: Tue 27 Jul, 2004  Reply with quote

Hi ypm

Yes, I agree that most of the techniques are indeed very similar to each other.

Anyway good luck I am sure you will be LD ‘ing again soon. Just practice seriously and try to be confident that you will LD. Really try to believe it.

JaRoD
LD Addict :P
cookie lover
Chat Mods

PostPosted: Tue 27 Jul, 2004  Reply with quote

The only MILD mantra that seems to help me with lucid dreaming seems to be "I will wake up after each dream and I will remember to write it down".

Then again it could be that when I use that one I only use that one. If I use anything else I also use that one and then I guess that they interfere with eachother somehow.

Blue Tiger
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Wed 28 Jul, 2004  Reply with quote

In MILD do I have to imagine the whole process of lucid dreaming?

ypm
Somniologist
Somniologist

Blue Tiger wrote:
In MILD do I have to imagine the whole process of lucid dreaming?

I don't think that you "have to" do anything for the technique to work for you.

But for me what I do is visualize the dream that i just awoke form until I get to the dream sign that I chose, see myself recognizing it, doing something, and then I repeat from the beginning.

But I do know that people on this forum just say a mantra or just use the visualisation, so I guess use whatever works for you.

ypm.

Blue Tiger
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

Thanks. Tha mantra I am using works well for the dream remembering part and waking up after the dream. Now I have to have a lucid dream mantra!

nickspry
Somniologist
Somniologist

MILD is wild!
PostPosted: Sat 31 Jul, 2004  Reply with quote

MILD is the most successful technique for me. I think the reason it works so well is that when you wake up between dreams you are only half awake and part of your mind is still half asleep. You've just been in REM sleep, and your brain wants to dive straight back in, so any visualising you do is likely to be carried into your next dream. It's like "coming up for air", and it's very easy to reinforce your intention and get quickly back into the dream state. With all the other methods, you are "starting from cold", like a car on a winter morning. If the engine has been running for hours and is fully warmed up it will start like a dream (no pun intended).
It's the coolest method and it works brilliantly if you keep practicing it. The hardest part is remembering to wake up between dreams, but this gets easier once you make it part of your routine.

L.Dreamer13
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 10

PostPosted: Sun 01 Aug, 2004  Reply with quote

My first LD came through MILD. I woke up and started writing Lucid Dreaming for about 2 pages and then went back to sleep but the tech hasn't worked since. How long should I stay up for after I awake from a dream? I am not the best at getting back to sleep. Maybe I should just do the Mantra and go to sleep.

nickspry
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Tue 03 Aug, 2004  Reply with quote

You don't need to stay awake long - just long enough to realise that you are awake and reinforce your intention to have a lucid dream. Once you feel that you are awake, take your mind back into the dream you were just having. Try to re-live it and feel all the feelings you were having in that dream. Tell yourself that in your next dream your mind will realise that you are dreaming
and really believe it. Once you learn to really believe it you are planting a seed in your subconscious mind which will make you become aware that you are dreaming. While you are remembering your dream, imagine a dreamsign
and see yourself becoming lucid when you recognise it. Stay awake just long enough to do all this, if you stay awake too long you will find it hard to get back to sleep. Drift back to sleep with this intention firmly set in your mind. Expect it to happen and give it great importance in your mind. Only then will your mind make you become lucid.
Lucid dreaming is easy - if you believe it is.

L.Dreamer13
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 10

PostPosted: Tue 03 Aug, 2004  Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply but what about the time it takes to write my dream in my journal? or would I remember it next time I awake?

milod789
Night Explorer
LD4all addict

PostPosted: Wed 04 Aug, 2004  Reply with quote

You can just quickly jot down a few notes about any dreams you remember. That is usually enough to help you remember the whole dream in the morning.

ypm
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Fri 06 Aug, 2004  Reply with quote

L.Dreamer13 wrote:
Thanks for the reply but what about the time it takes to write my dream in my journal? or would I remember it next time I awake?

Personally I usually find running through the dream in my mind in order to visualize it enough to remember it in the morning. Writing the dream down wakes me up a bit more which sometimes results in an LD but also sometimes results in staying awake for an hour.

I think a quick note in your dream journal is usually a good idea.

ypm.

Basilus West
Cat of Ulthar
LD4all addict
The Chroniclers
LD count: 199

PostPosted: Sun 08 Aug, 2004  Reply with quote

Reading this topic, it seems that most of the MILDers concentrate on the mantra above all. Am I wrong ?
Do you try to visualize something ( dreamsigns for instance) ? Do you imagine you're in a dream and realizing you're dreaming, or not ?
And if not, can you MILD almost at will ?

Gothiclullaby
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Wed 11 Aug, 2004  Reply with quote

Whenever I try to remember that whatever happens next is a dream and whenever i try to keep thinking it I won't sleep because i'm actually thinking, and by the time i actually fall asleep its usually forgotten..

ypm
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Wed 11 Aug, 2004  Reply with quote

Basilus West wrote:
Reading this topic, it seems that most of the MILDers concentrate on the mantra above all. Am I wrong ?
Do you try to visualize something ( dreamsigns for instance) ? Do you imagine you're in a dream and realizing you're dreaming, or not ?
And if not, can you MILD almost at will ?

When I do it I do both and concentrate on the actual visualizations more I think.

From what I have read of the MILD method, the visualisation and the mantra are designed to go hand in hand. When you visualize you visualize the last dream you had until you contact a dreamsign, then you visualize yourself becomming lucid and then repeat.

I believe that the idea is that you fall back into your last dream, excpet this time (as you have been rehearsing) you recognize the dream sign and become lucid.

But I guess part of the idea is to adapt any technique so that it works the best for you.

Ow and no I cannot get it to work for me on demand.

ypm.

Trancewave
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Tue 24 Aug, 2004  Reply with quote

Since this contains information relating a bit to MILD, I figured I should post a link of a topic I made about a different approach to MILD.

http://www.ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8216

Page 5 of 10Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

print   ShareShare