What's up with Sea Life... [SeaLife Addicts Support Lodge]

Hiya ppls!

Just wanted to let those of you who are wondering what’s happenign with Sea Life, know that the problem is in a state of being solved. The hosting company I use, were supposed to re-register dreamofpeace.net, but somehow the whole process got slowed down. Yup so anyway it is being fixed. and

I think the site should be up again in a day or two…

Seeya, Nick

hmm, should we start a Sealife Addicts Support Topic? :grin:

YES!!, please :shy:

ok, well consider this it then :smile:

The sealife chatroom (#sealife) is still available. Either use an IRC programme or the chat link at ld4all and then type
/join #sealife

Still Down :help:

heh… I wonder what i will do with my life now :confused:

I hope it will be up tomorrow…

oh dear guys…

some not very good sea life news! not only did the domain dreamofpeace.net go into “redemption”, but it will be a WHOPPING 42-day period starting from 29 July, until the site will be avaialable by typing dreamofpeace.net in your browser!

this means a new strategy has had to be put into play, a strategy which is by no means fun to implement! The hosting provider is moving all the fiels over from dreamofpeace.net to

peacetraining.org asap.

which means that theoretically, Sea Life should be available within a day or two, at:

peacetraining.org/sealife/

Unfortunately this still means that most of the users of Sea Life, probably won’t know what int he world has happend to Sea Life, for over a month. Unless of course, they visit LD4ALL (which hopefully they will). This means,t hat i’d really appreciate any effort to spread the news of the temporary site address by word of mouth, as this would go a long way to easing the severity of the problem.

Thanks for your support and udnerstanding!

Nick

PS. Q - We really do need the sea life addicts support area now, don’t we :smile: It would be greatly apprecaited if you could update the sea life link on the ld4all toolbar to the temporary server, when it’s ready for viewing. Thanks again.

Nick

explora, maybe it’s a good time to update your signature. :smile:
and maybe others like DM7 should do the same.

O man, I so happy you made this topic. I had computer probs then I just got them fixed and tried to go on but couldn’t get it to work. Atleast I knw why now.

Well see you later.

Yup. Good idea Dreamaddict!

You’ll see I’ve taken it up with a link to this topic in my signature - I decided to add a little something extra while I was there. :wink:

Dreamwalker - Glad to hear it was a handy post. I’m hoping the hosting company moves the files over to the other server soon. oh yes. please let your fellow dream team members know of this thread, if you have their email addresses…

Good wishes in the meantime…
seeya. nick

Explora ever since i have mozilla firebird i cant get on to sealife :sad: :sad: :sad:
Any idea how this can be, even when i turn back to explorer i cant get in.
No idea what i changed at my pc lol…zone alarm maybe?

Ok if u maybe have a clue thx in advance :smile:

Jeff, how long has this problem been happening?
Maybe it was just bad timing with the down time of Sealife?

Hey Jeff,

I’ve been using Mozilla ever since I started visiting Sea Life, perhaps your switch just coincided with the recent problems?

I’m pretty sure I’ve even been to Sea Life using Firebird with no problems. Either way stick with Firebird you’ll be much happier with that then you ever were with IE.

ypm.

Is this becuase of the DNS and it taking a while for dreamofpeace.net to propigate? 42 days seems like a long time for the name to propigate to me, but who knows. Anyways I hope that this temporary solution works.

ypm.

Some months ago already Da :sad:

Yes ypm i stick with firebird, its way better then IE :grin:

wow 42 days! that’s 7 weeks!

what strange that it takes so long?

i have changed the sealife link on the forum to peacetraining.org/sealife :smile:

i hope this one will work soon!

we can spread the word of the new URL in the lucid crossroads meeting dreams :wink:

Seems almost appropriate that when I switch domains, redo the Crossroads images and Sealife make the Crossroads the place to visit for the month Sealife croaks.

Hope you get it sorted soon explora, I know how frustrating computer problems can be. Although I’m a very chilled person I broke my mouse mat today hitting it with the mouse :neutral: I’m on the final stretch with the new 3-D model of the site but its driving me crazy, slow computer, difficult texturing, lighting, etc etc grumble grumble and how difficult is realistic womens long curly hair?!.. very…

<>

Yeah. It’s very strange not to be able to go there. I miss it. Thank the gods for ld4all, eh? Even though I am not remembering my dreams at this time, I still enjoy the dreams and discussions of others. It’s an important part of my life now and has been for some time. :cool:

Hope to be able to meet all of you there again soon!

Love

Oh I will update my signature. :smile: Thanks for reminding me DreamAddict! :biggrin:

Explora, good luck with your website. I know how frustrating it can be! Huggggg