What's up with Sea Life... [SeaLife Addicts Support Lodge]

Hey Sunwolf,

It used to be something different then a ? that you could use to visit a “sorta” sealife site, only explora doesn’t want us to visit that site, so a MOD came in and edited the post.

Anyways hopefully I’ll see you at the dream team in a few days once all of this is resolved.

ypm.

Hey Explora,

Just a question (as I do not know that much about this) but would it be possible to register a temporary domain name? Something like www.dreamofpeace2.net in the mean time? Then just transfer the stuff back when dreamofpeace is back up?

I don’t know too much about this stuff but it was just a thought.

ypm.

It’s up and ready to go!

Visit away ppl, and of course help spread the word.

peacetraining.org/sealife

Bye for now, Nick

PS. Thanks dreamaddict for your help here…

Sureal. Hope i didn’t seem too stressed about that hidden sea life, either :smile: i kinda had a feeling people might decide to visit, but didn’t give it as much thought as i probably should have

i guess i just had to be careful, since i wasn’t sure what would happent oa ll the old posts…, if one part of the databse existed, and the other didnt’…

now it has been completely refreshed from the original…

YPM. Thanks for the idea. This time, I’ll just stick with the peacetraining.org, though of course i can see youre line of thinking (as it might have allowed me to use the extra capacity of the serveR)…

THanks everyone for your patience…

Nick

PS> i will send off a message to all users (with valid email addresses) very soon, letting them know of the new site address…

ps Jeff. Can you access it with your browser now :wink:

Hey Explora I tried to get there with Mozilla and IE and was unable to.

ypm.

:clap:

Thanks, Explora.

:cool:

It’s working for me with Mozilla Firefox. Are you sure you tried the new URL?

I thinkso, It keeps saying:

“The connection was refused when trying to contact www.peacetraining.org

I’m using: peacetraining.org/sealife

ypm.

ypm, both of those links work for me using Internet Explorer.

Strange I cannot get it to work, in IE, Mozilla, or in FireFox? I have know idea why…I did visit the ? site when Sureal posted it and tried a test post? That’s the only think that I could think of…

ypm.

Hmm Just checking here, so everyone can get to the new Sealife site but me?

Too bad, I guess I’ll have to wait the full 49 days before getting back to my dream team.

ypm.

ypm that’s really weird.

do you connect by clicking on the sealife icon on ld4all or do you type the URL direct in your browser?

and what kind of error do you get?

maybe try a fresh install of any browser to see if it will work?

Yeah I know PasQuale,

Everyone else seems to be able to get there, I’ve tried to re-install my browsers, clicking on the link, typing it in, it’s always the same result:

“The connection was refused when trying to contact www.peacetraining.org

I’ve even tried a tracert and it cannot get the www.peacetraining.org.

Maybe I’ll have to wait until the 49 days are up.

ypm.

Hey YPM…

That definitely is strange.

It might be an idea to try experimenting with different “DNS servers”. It seems that your current DNS server, does not know of the peacetraining.org domain name, so it can’t convert it to an ip address, and access the page…

Overall. Probably I’d call your service provider, and ask them abotu the problem…

Good luck!
I’d love to see ya back at sea life. Nick

Yeah, that’s what I thought, I tried some stuff, ipconfig /flushdns and linking to some new dns servers but nothing so far.

I’m switching ISP’s next week so for now I’m assuming that the problem will be fixed them.

ypm.

sigh

oh well, I’ll just have to deal

Feels the ground at LD4all well it seems firm enough but who knows? Dreamviews and Sealife…

Hey there tourist…

Yup Sea Life is only temporarily down I imagine. Likely only a little more than a few hours, and it’ll be ready again.

We will be moving the server back to it’s space at dreamofpeace.net over the next few days… (this server is quicker, and has more space, etc). This is not the reason for the other server being down, however.

In the long term. I am planning to order a new ‘reseller’ package, witha much larger bandwidth and server size.

tekgear.net.au/hosting/reseller.php

I plan to get the site with 2.5gb of disk space, and 25gb of bandwidth. This is alot lot more than what i currently have available, plus it can host multiple domain names each with their own control panel… so peacetraining.org, dreamofpeace.net, and any other domain names i may acquire can both be managed by same basic account…

Lol. Perhaps this is a little too much information. Who knows? Someone might find it interesting…

Nick

ld4all been around many many years… it’s not going anywhere.