The BIG sleep paralysis and old hag topic

last night i had that old hag thing only because i read this post

i went into sp and i opened my eyes expecting to see the old hag or something like it. I have never been so scared in my life. This old hag was not an old hag but a small creature thet was white with black eyes and it had one of those hats with the 2 long things on it and i physically could not hold my eyes open because i was so scared.
When i woke up it was extremely hard to breathe and i was shaking.

Next time i go into sp i will NOT open my eyes at all

Hehe, that’s pretty cool. Not a hag/succubus, I guess, but a relative. One of the little people.

You don’t have to be scared of these little friends. They can’t do you any harm, and they don’t want to either. Just treat them with respect and you’ll be allright.

Edit: On second thought, it might very well have been a succubus, as they can take on many forms. A lot of the time they look like aliens. Still, nothing to be afraid of.

I’ve had that… but it was a television that was making strange creepy noises at me and wasn’t really working very well… hard to explain… kinda glas there wasn’t an old hag or alien ahah

old hag is somethin new…never heard of it…

I’m trying to incubate an Old Hag experience for months now… still no success. Only once I think I was pretty close, when I heard screaming and distorted witch cries rumbling in the distance, growing louder and louder. Damn that was really scary… But I didn’t see the Old Hag :sad:

That makes no sense either :scream:.

I had a chocie between that nifty red one and the one pulling it’s hair out. but I like the nifty red one more and have never had a chance to use it…

just say like the old hag will visit you on … like… some time soon, pick a date, and say it every night until you fall asleep.

but i’m not sure why you’d want to, it’s interesting but… very scary.

I’ve tried that… but no success. Though I must admit I didn’t try it very long :smile:
I’m aware of the scariness (english?) and once the Hag visits me I probably never want to experience it again… but I just want to see it one time, out of curiosity.

Wait… you know it’ll be be terrifying and that you wouldn’t ever want to do it again…

… yet you wish to try it anyways?

… I wanna try it too!

Why not… I’m just curious to experience the infamous succubi for myself, to see it with my own eyes. I’m pretty confident I’ll get lucid when it happens… I always get lucid in SP. So it’s also a test, to see how well I can handle my emotions while being lucid upon being confronted with perhaps one of the most nightmarish scenes you can imagine. Because if you’re really lucid, you KNOW no hallucination can harm you, no matter how evil and real it is.

Good luck and let us know if you get some results :smile:

Well, I think I may have to leve old hag alone for a little bit. I still haven’t even experinced SP (well, whilst being aware of it) yet… :wink:.

I had the Hag come to me and when I confronted it all I saw was my dad on my chest crying… which was undoubtedly weird.

part of me wanted to see the hag but another part of me was glad I didn’t. I also got over my fears of sleeping on my back and the hag.

I have had SP before, but no old hag. I just remember not being able to move, and thinking to myself “I am experiencing SP!”

I had fun trying to move before it wore off.

i’ve been having sleep paralysis every night since trying to induce lucidity in my dreaming…i wish there was a way to stop that.

I’ve never experienced sleep paralysis or ‘old hag’
But I want to, to see what its like.

Surely for all of us on this site, this ‘old hag’ wouldnt be scary because we know its not real…?
If you know whats going on, and that its all fake, why would it be scary.

SP is an excellent way to enter a dream consciously. When you’re in SP, just close your eyes, visualize a dream scenario (for instance the previous dream), and feel yourself sinking into your bed. If you see visual imagery, just let them develop themselves without interfering or interacting with it. With a bit of luck you’ll soon find yourself in a dream, and there’s a very good chance that you’re still lucid then.

Have you ever tried to reconcile with a dream monster while lucid? It may seem easy to you, but it can be very difficult to set aside your fears. Whenever I’m in that position, I often KNOW these monster can’t hurt me and that reconciliation can work very healing. But fear is rooted very deep and it sometimes takes quite some persistence and courage to confront with your dream enemies.
Same thing with the Old Hag, but now you’re in SP, and you often find yourself irl lying in your bed. This makes the experience even more real. Plus, the Old Hag tales are often worse than the occasional nightmares, because of the suffocating feeling of powerlessness. During a nightmare, you still have the possibility to flee, but during an Old Hag experience you’re chained to your bed in paralysis.
So although you can be lucid during the experience, you can never be sure how you’re going to react to that spectre. That’s why I think it can be a good test to see how well you can control your fears, knowing it’s all just an illusion.

Just how easy is it to induce an LD from sleep paralysis? I don’t want to work for SP just to have no lucid dream, and only a terrifying experience…

In general I think SP induced LDs is easier than DILDs for instance. SP induced LDs are in fact WILDs, with the difference that now you’re already into paralysis from the previous dream, so you don’t need to put effort into it anymore to induce the trance/paralysis (which is necessary to enter a dream consciously). However, I cannot guarantee you that whenever you have SP, you’re going to have a LD afterwards. In fact, whenever I have SP, I rarely go back into a LD, because the SP hallucinations themselves are sometimes quite amazing to see :smile:

i always get lucid in SP, like mystic a few posts up.

i have been having SPs since like 8 years old while on hallucinogenic fever medications. im still freaking scared of it today, 8 years later. however i learned about it and was amused, astonished, relieved, wateva that this is such a widely documented phenomenon :smile:

whenever i enter SP, all i want to do is get out. i am freaking scared. i am conscious of the sounds, and that i am paralysed; i try to move my eyes, vigorously move my diaphragm/breathing pattern to jolt my body out of SP. i ALWAYS want to get out, therefore i am lucid all the time in SP. SP is and was always a harrowing experience for me :sad:. i try to sleep regularly nowadays.

now the old hag is just a MYTH. i was quite sure it was until i scrolled down reading following posts and got increasingly concerned that i could be wrong :silent: lol. its a tale that supertitious societies employed to explain the crushing feeling sometimes experienced during SP. now im lucky i never had the chest constriction experience before, because i only learned about SP and old hag syndrome early this year. ive been having SPs for a long time and i would be dead from the fear if i had the old hag experience while i was 9 or something and was none the wiser.

Hi,

Myth (in my humble, but extremely qualified, opinion :grin: ) is not “just”.

AND, you might be interested to read this:
saltcube.com/out-of-body/cha … =paralysis

This guy claims SP is “the holy grail” for people who want to LD / OBE. You people who get into SP all the time apparently are the lucky bastards, not the unlucky ones. That’s us.

:smile: