Confronting your deepest fears in LD's

Yeah, facing one’s fears is hard, especially when your fears lie within your mind itself.

The funny thing is that with getting over fears, its like it all suddenly disappears at an unnoticed point. What i mean by this is how once you start facing your fear, the fear disappates, and you still have yet to understand the fear (which usually happens the first time).

well i said “fly 50,000 ft in the air” it actually worked, then it occurred to me to summon spiders, they looked really weird and i was punching them and fighting them and then i thought well i need to solve this non-violently so i said “turn spider neutral” or something and tried to talk to it, but it just kind of fell down and disappeared.

damn though, much weirder than that is i must have spent hours with some sort of dream woman, from “space” or something… i’d just “summon” her and she’d lie up against me and we’d sort of rest in a half sleep trance for long periods of time…

when it finally occurred to me to get up I asked her to take me on an adventure and she said she’d have to kill my physical body for that to work, and I was like “you can’t do that” and she was like “yes i can” and I’m like “well then, please dont’”

her name was weird, she told me to google it and the first thing that came up would be a picture of her, but i can’t remember it…

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

well anyway… yeah… weird times.

oh yeah and in real life I had left my clothes amassed on the bathroom floor and some damn brown recluses were lurking in them…

i really need to stop doing that.

Woa, your dreams are really interesting. Hey, ive experienced something like that (like a verify-in-real-life thing) but i always forget the most-important aspect of it and thus go ‘damn!’ :tongue:

:eek: Woa now thats freaky, those things are dangerous! and they look freaky too

Image 1

Image 2 (better one)

lol, why not: VERY INFORMATIVE site

:cool_laugh: I hate spiders!!! I tried to confront them once when I stuck my foot in barrel full of them (LDing). I closed my eyes concentrated on scooting them off my leg, but that tingling betraying sensation was creeping into my chest and the darn thing bit me. I woke up. Haven’t seen one since, hope I don’t, and if I do, I can’t guarantee I’ll be able to confront it. I just got shivers thinking about it.

i’m certainly not clicking those links…

they are rather docile and fearful though so I mean… you just have to be careful and you’ll be fine around them… i’m not necessarily sure that they are recluses but they hide in clothes and inside the walls so maybe.

if you want to see something really screwed up look for pics of bite victims… it’s rare that they get as bad as they do but if they do… ughhh.

Slaying it is force, right? So is “turn spider neutral”. You were relying on your dream powers to fix everything up. To solve the problem, maybe you should have tried to talk to it “proper”?

Couldn’t put it better myself. :wink:

Wow that’s weird.

I have no fear of spiders at all yet I met people that go crazy when they see a spider. I’ve seen some of the buffest guys I know get so scared when they see a little itsy bitsy spider.

I just don’t understand how someone could be so afraid of a spider… I’ve talked to people with phobias like your self but I just don’t get it… I really don’t.

I handle spiders all the time just because I try to find out what’s so damn frightening about them but I still haven’t found out what. I’ve been bit by spiders too and I’m not scared, I got a nasty nasty nasty bite while playing with a brown recluse but I still don’t think there is much to fear.

How can someone be scared of something like that? And why can’t lucid dreaming help? I don’t get it. I was deathly afraid of something too but dreaming got me over the fear.

:confused:

I have a bit of a phobia myself, yet I share your confusion. For some reason I’m mostly freaked out by the daddy-long-legs spiders, and those are completely harmless… :eh: … I know they can’t hurt me, but I’ve actually had a few nightmares with them recently…! (hey, maybe they’d make a good dream sign! :content: )

I’ve been thinkin about this for a while… Why ARE they so scary to me??

I’m going to try to “confront” this fear too, and see what happens.

yeah i suppose it is… but talking to a spider properly is using your dream powers too… I turned it neutral so that I could talk to it, as I was previously fighting it andthe preconceived notions of it being hostile were making it so.

heh… i was at a camp once infested with daddy longlegs, at first i frekaed out whenever they’d crawl up on me at stuff but i got used to it real quick and didnt’ care so much anymore.

phobias tend to be related to traumatic childhood experiences and also because of parents passing them down onto you… in my case both apply.

(it wasn’t traumatic per se i was a pansy that was afraid of everything as a child… and i was playing sim ant and a spider ate me and it SHOWED you know this big nasty chomping face and i freaked the hell out… prior to that, i wasn’t at all in the slightest bit afraid of spiders… and plus then, sometimes my mom would scream if she would see a big one, so that scared me even more.)

don’t let your kids know you are afraid of things or you’ll make them phobic too, and if your kids become phobic you need to correct it as soon as possible…

(used to be germo-phobic but i realized how stupid it was and plus you can’t see germs…)

oh and yes so anyway today i’m walking around and a spider crawls on me… and I’m like “go away” (it felt really “icky” though) and so it finally left me be and this maggot was like inside my foot, and that felt even worse, and I managed to get it to leave me alone… so then I flew up way into the clouds, just like I did in the other dream where I summoned a big spider…

and I was like “okay, enough fear today, stop for now” and then a woman was in the clouds with me and I’m like “okay, you are not going to turn into something weird” but she did, she grew vampire fangs and morphed all nasty and freaky looking as I was trying to kiss her…

:grrr:

i think i finally found a few women who didn’t do that to me though but that was in a later lucid dream.

I had an arachnophobia, that was quite extreme.

however, few months ago my sister purchased a tarantula. next day i decided to confront it and it wasnt scary at all. My fear of spiders greatly diminished.
right now I’m thinking of taking one in my hand (small one, not a tarantula)

Sometimes I have dreams of spiders, and they are quite diverse. I saw transparent spiders and whatever. I remember summoning a plastic cage over one of them, then avoiding the rest.

and another thing - all spiders in my dreams a huge (ranged from size of a human hand to a big melon…)

I’d say go to the pet store and just confront one

Let a spider run across you, and stay on your hand. You will find that they are pretty harmless. Infact, most are much more scared of you than you are of it. Lol, I bet you heard that a million times. But it is true.

Ofcourse, I tend to avoid touching BIG spiders, but I don’t mind small ones.

I used to have a phobia of wasps. But it just wore off as I grew up, although I still don’t like them. Anyway, I got stung in the leg and didn’t notice until a few hours later when a stinger was stuck in my leg. Lol. It hurt pulling it out though.

Eh, I guess I don’t have any fears… maybe I have necrophobia… is that even a phobia? Because I guess I’m scared to die. Actually I’m not scared of actually dying, but more of the impac it will have on others emotionally. (Does this mean I care for other peoples feelings?)

Hehe, speaking of spiders, a funny thing happened today in my last hour class today.

We had a speaker from the Navy talk to us today, you know, your common recruiter if you ever met one. Well, it’s a nursing class in which you become an LPN at the end of the course… well you didn’t ask, but what I’m getting at is that it is a class of 28 and 3 of which are males… but 12 of the 25 females are Varsity Cheerleaders :cool: , hehe, it’s a 3 hour class too :cool_laugh:

Any who, I’m sitting there thinking random thoughts and letting my mind wander, not paying attention to anything and occasionally knocking a pencil on the floor to ask a girl to pick it up for me :wink:

Next thing I know I’m knocked out of my trance by a shriek. I look to the table infront of me and it’s a TARANTULA!! A huge furry tarantula with nasty fangs. Next thing I know everyone looks back, sees the spider, and damn havoc breaks loose as if the Soviets set off an uncontrollable nuclear reaction.

I realized today my true non fear of spiders. All the girls in the class are backing away looking and even petty officer Barbosa is back with the girls looking at the spider. I’m sitting there all alone, well Victor the person next to me didn’t move either. I get eye level with the spider and just look at it’s fangs and little black dots of eyes.

Well, anyway, to make a LONG story short the spider escaped from a biology class on top of us and it literally fell through the vent right onto my table. I winded up getting the spider onto a packet the teacher gave to us and I walked it to the office. I wanted to handle it with my hands but the teacher would not let me, I told her I had one at home which was a blatant lie, I’ve never seen a tarantula in person.

It was all in all a FUN day, I just got back from a night at South Beach with four of my friends, I went to my first strip club, and my friend Josh got in and he only turned 17 yesterday.

^ one time someone found a tarantula looking thing, except it looked like one of those deadly asutralian spiders, it didn’t look like a tarantula in terms of coloration

well this one insane kid he takes it (he has a bald head) and he puts it ON HIS HEAD and he walks around school with it on him for quite some time…

XD

If I had a bald head I’d do that, but I’m actually a native american and have quite long hair for a male.

I still haven’t really found something that really really freaks me out. Today I was squealing like a little girl in the car but does that count as a phobia.

My friend was going 60mph on a 35mph street and was swerving from lane to lane making the jeep feel like it would flip. I screamed and grabbed the passenger seat.

The guy in the front had a coke with out a cap and it ended up spilling all over my friend, the driver.

But I don’t know if I was scared.

^Maybe you just had second thoughts about his driving skills and whether it might really flip … i don’t think that’s fear

kick your friend in the crotch, or punch her if she’s a girl… and never ever ride with him/her again… there’s no reason to ever DOUBLE the speed limit, jesus… and swerving everywhere is just asking for accidents, some asshole got me into one by doing that.

*now to be a hypocrite here today I went about 20 over to beat a light and make a wel calculated lane change ahead of a semi truck… but I mean, it was not a reckless manuever, no swerving involved, much turn signaling… no one was in my way at all.

and then… well, i went a little too fast on the way home, but again no one else was there… probably shouldn’t have gone quite that fast as my car felt like it was floating up in the wind… but usually i’m only about 10-15 over on a highway if it’s empty.

swerving while speeding is asking for death though… especially through TRAFFIC and through resedential areas…

hehe being a driver myself i know what you mean. Its like as speed increases, the danger of swerve seems to increase exponentially (that is, at a ever-increasing rate). Probably because when you swerve its a small-mini-turn and if ur going fast you’ll turn faster as well as cover more ground along the new direction youre headed. I.E. a tree, reminds me of a crash i saw this morning.

Okay heres a funny little story for y’all.

I used to live near a school which during the summer would get HORDES of crickets. I had a blast grabbing these things and keeping them for a pet or feeding them to spiders (ironic), etc.

Well one day im talking with my friends and i forgot about this cricket as it crawled about my hand. Then i feel this sharp pain and lift my arm up really fast to get a look at it, and see the cricket there on the top of my hand. I look closer because i didnt think it was causing the pain. At first i thought ‘oh s@@@ its those razor barbs on its legs’ and then saw that the thing was BITING me! And there was this black substance too! I freaked out thinking ‘POISON!’ and swung my hand around, that didnt work. I had to stop my freaking out and flick the sucker off. God, lol.

So now here i am today more afraid of friggin’ CRICKETS than SPIDERS. I have no qualm with a 3-4 cm diameter (about) spider sitting on my shoulder, but if i even see a cricket jump up and fly off, clicking all the way, my right hand starts to itch. (in a manner of speaking) :tongue:

:lol: This almost made me pee my pants.

well

here’s an update

i’m not confronting my fears… heh

i was lucid and these spiderwebs were in front of me and i summoned up fire via energy manipulation and burned them away, but then more showed up so i said “okay well i will confront them” and so i touched it and got stuck to it (a really horrible feeling…) and I forced myself awake… and I tried to divert the dreams to something plesant when i went back but i couldn’t.

so then i just said “no more of this tonight” and it stopped…

damn… i’m such a coward… i wish i would have corrected this fear when i was younger. it’s easy to sit awake and think about confronting it but it’s another thing being vulnerable in the depths your mind…

the funny thing is once i was confronting an “angel” and it said i needed to get over my fear of death, so i figured it was going to turn into a spider and eat me, well, it turned into something alright, what it was is hard to say, and yes it did eat me, and it wasn’t as scary as it hought it would be.

but it didn’t help remove my fears any.

Holy Reality I truly feel for you. I am petrified of spiders. I try to be brave in dreams but I just can’t find it in me. The very thought of them while I’m in my dream that one is just watching me sends me over the edge. In RL I can’t even watch Animal Planet when they show them.

Last night I was so scared. I was in this small room. One which I couldn’t even fully extend my arms in. It was so dark. There was just enough light for me to notice that my head was in the midst of spiderwebs and I could sense there was a spider near. Just then I became lucid but unable to control the fear, I made my hair turn into fire which burned the spiderwebs and shot straight up through it. I ended up outside two huge chimneys and went back into a ND.

Spiders just give me the heebie jeebies.