The BIG sleep paralysis and old hag topic

Hi,

Myth (in my humble, but extremely qualified, opinion :grin: ) is not “just”.

AND, you might be interested to read this:
saltcube.com/out-of-body/cha … =paralysis

This guy claims SP is “the holy grail” for people who want to LD / OBE. You people who get into SP all the time apparently are the lucky bastards, not the unlucky ones. That’s us.

:smile:

I’ve had experiences with SP for as long as i can remember. I also have experienced ‘Old Hag’ many times, which in my opinion is freaky as. It always scares the crap out of me. Last time i was a lot more calm tho and i had a different experience with it. I have entered a lucid dream from SP but only once. I have faith it will happen again tho.

Peace Sensi.

I think Sleep Paralysis is a horrible experience.

I have not experienced the old hag, but I have experienced a presence and sounds. I usually sense it before it starts to really happen and can get out of it quite easily.

I was able to WILD not being aware of the SP, thank god. I’d rather have a DILD than a WILD. But I know I have to confront my fears.

Everytime I consciously try to have a LD, I will have a weird SP related experience, where I will feel a wave in my head…kinda like “whooomp”

SP is horrible.
You get frozen, your superfear enters and you start to vibrate like a mofo.
And then you get pulled, what is that pull? That nasty grasping pull, that feels like the bed got shifted.

Wow, i never knew so many people were scared of SP…
i had it for the second time last night and i love the feeling… Its something new and thrilling. I feel so relaxed and ready for an ld :wink:

mind you i love thrill, i love roller costers, bungie jumping, high places, high speed
i guess im just that kind of person…
SP doesnt hurt or anything…

hmm…im not sure if this really fits in here. but my sleep paralysis is always mixed with hypnagogic hallucinations. and…its really weird and hard to explain…but the last times i had it i heard a constant humming sound (quite loud) and couldnt move, and when i closed my eyes it felt like i was floating, at first just above my bed but then really high, and suddenly falling again—or starting to see a wood or something else where i am flying, but knowing that im still in my bed. and not being able to completely “enter” the images i have.
i try to relax and concentrate on the images but i always end up being awake again :sad:
any suggestions?
thx

WILD seems like a really awesome technique, Ive only tried it one time and was almost succesfull, got to see weird imagery stuff. but about this old hag syndrome, thats what makes me more nervous about it, and the only reason why Im rethinking to do this. I know the shadow/demon wont hurt me, but the fact that there is a “demon” in my room, sitting in my bed and all that is SCARY enough.

so Id like to know how you all have dealt with this “demon” and if you have had any bad experiences with it. also if there is a way to prevent the old hag from appearing. man I sound like a wuzz… lol

and also… why the hell does he appear!!!

Where have you heard of this?
You do not have to worry about “an old hag” during a WILD attempt.

Some people have SP and can have a feeling of a presence in the room, but some theories are that “presense” is your own body. Don’t confuse it as something bad or scary.

I’ve never had such an experience during attempting a WILD

I read about it before in the forum. and its interesting because I remember my mom told me one time that durring the time she was pregnant of me, she woke up in the middle of the night and saw a man wearing black completely covered and that he had an axe, and was about to swing at her belly (WHERE I WAS!!) lol and she said she couldnt move or scream or anything… (Im guessing definetaly a SP) so since she was so scared she just closed her eyes and prayed, so Im thinking it was the old hag.

scary

“The old hag” seems to be an uncanny common occurance for many people, but I wouldn’t associate it with the WILD attempt. Don’t worry about it :smile:

Lucid dreams are your best defense against “out of control chaos” that is nightmares.

ok… Im gonna try again tonight… :confused:

If your scared of the old hag your probably new to this :razz:

If you read something scary or you get some info on it from experience, it usually takes a few days before your mind gets used to it. So maybe give it another shot in a few days will help… you’ll probably lose your fear by then :smile:

I hope for you
the best, Ahmad

Daita, the best way to conquer this old hag is to realise, that whatever it might be, it has not yet done anymore harm to anyone then scaring them! So if you arent scared, then it will go away automatically :smile:

Its nothing to do with WILD its just that sometimes people wake up in their sleep, cant move and are pretty sure something is with em. It has happened to me once…

Just be glad shadow people arent stalking your family, thats a problem me best mate has.

I’ve had SP once, and I wasn’t trying WILD or anything, it just happened. Basically I was lying there as I big ol’ werewolf monster thing came into my room. He bent over right in my face, and I was like, “OMG.” PRETTY SCARY.

Shadow people huh? I guess you could say ive seen them a few times my self… one actually crawled up my leg once :eek: but they dont bother me no more. but I guess you wouldnt want to hear how I got rid of them seeing as many of you are atheist and such.

I assume that would imply your christian.

In which case you exorcised it…?

Old Hag isn’t a real thing, there isn’t actually a demon sitting on your bed. What is happening is that for one reason or another you woke up in the middle of a dream and are still in SP. When you wake up you are sort of half way between awake and dreaming. So you have hallucinations and because you’re scared becuase you can’t move you tend to imagine evil things. Then the fact that you can’t move only adds to your fear.

Also, if you ever have Old Hag since you are really close to the dream state it is a great opportunity for an LD. Just stop freaking out, relax and wait for your dream to come back.

There is a guy on another forum I visit (that has nothing to do with LD or ND) but the subject came up. Seems he practices WILD and he has the same problem. He even sees this “shadow creature” in his dreams. Could it be something physical or meta physical?

Ah yes, the old had. When I first started to WILD she scared the hell out of me. Only because I read a topic here and was DAMN sure I was going to experience it.

Well, here’s what happened to me.

I woke up in SP and I could have sworn there was a hag on my chest. I kept closing my eyes and repeated to my self something like “the hag isn’t real, the hag isn’t real”

Well I open my eyes and I see my dad crying… I wrote this down but I don’t have my DJ on me. I’ve never feared the hag again.

The old hag is what ever you want it to be. But trust me, you are over hyping it. I can assure you 100% that you will not experience the old hag, just tell your self it isn’t real and if you do see it then go Jeffery Dhamer and eat her. She’d be so scared of you she better not come back.

At least that was my plan when I saw the hag… but unfortunatly I never got to encounter her.