BUBILD -- induction variation
LD4all » Quest for Lucidity

#1: BUBILD -- induction variation Author: Zataod PostPosted: Tue 21 Feb, 2006
    ----
I'm fleshing out the details of a lucid dream induction technique.

BUBILD -- Butt Ugly Beard Induction of Lucid Dreams

I don't want to take anything away from MILD, WILD, VILD, and HILD. They are all quite good and sound techniques. Unfortunately, BUBILD will only work for a few people. The prereqs will spell this out.

Prerequisites:
    The dreamer must be able to grow a butt ugly beard. That would rule out most women, pre-pubescent boys, and men who can grow real beards. So, I think it rules out about 95% of the general population.

It helps to have experience with lucid dreams and have some methods for induction that have worked in the past.

The butt ugly beard must be a source of great irritation. The point is to use this as a spur to do what is necessary to have lucid dreams.

Technique:
    Grow a butt ugly beard until it becomes a source of great irritation. Maintain this state.

Maintain this state until one has had lucid dreams 3 consecutive mornings.

After 3 straight mornings of lucid dreams, get rid of the beard.

Perform RC's whenever one notices the beard.

That's all there is to it. In my case, the regular technique that I know works best for me is WBTB, combined with MILD. I've got the butt ugly beard set up to perfection now. It's a source of huge irritation. I just need to get to work to get rid of this thing.

#2:  Author: Fadem PostPosted: Tue 21 Feb, 2006
    ----
This seriously cannot be a serious technique, is it an early april fools?

#3:  Author: Carnun PostPosted: Tue 21 Feb, 2006
    ----
I think I get the idea here and I have often wondered about it myself...change your physical appearance enough so that it might inspire a RC...??

I have a beard, but its not irritating... although I do kind of hate it. However, I never really notice it in my dreams... I guess its not irritating enough LOL. But seriously, I have wondered why I don't recall having the beard in my dreams?! or do I?!

#4:  Author: Zataod PostPosted: Tue 21 Feb, 2006
    ----
It's only as serious as you want to take it. Everyone needs to find their own way to find motivation. Currently this beard is doing the trick for me. I will do everything I can to fullfill the requirement of having lucid dreams on 3 consecutive mornings so I can get rid of this thing.

#5:  Author: R3TRO PostPosted: Tue 21 Feb, 2006
    ----
That would work really well, however, my beard is about as thin as paper, i can't be butt ugly wink5 and uh well i cant think of a third reason.

For anyone who cant grow a beard however, try something different, like grow your hair untill it gets in your eyes and annoys you, grow out your fingernails etc.....

i have used methods like this many times before

#6:  Author: Darxide PostPosted: Tue 21 Feb, 2006
    ----
:D Awesome idea! I could grow a beard in about 2 months, if I let myself.

But, I'm not going to.

#7:  Author: Saphira PostPosted: Wed 22 Feb, 2006
    ----
Fadem wrote:
This seriously cannot be a serious technique, is it an early april fools?

...I second that.

At least the ladies can do something much more elegant. I would grow out my fingernails and become a Barbara Streisand. tounge2 Just playing.

But seriously, why someone would grow their beard out and let it become unkept and disgusting to look at is beyond me. overspannen

#8:  Author: Darxide PostPosted: Wed 22 Feb, 2006
    ----
Some people will do ANYTHING for a lucid dream. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It's just the facts.

#9:  Author: Zataod PostPosted: Wed 22 Feb, 2006
    ----
Sometimes it helps to have that extra ounce of motivation. For me, the risk of becoming a social outcast because of my unruly appearance supplies that extra motivation.

LD4all » Quest for Lucidity

Page 1 of 1
printed from the LD4all.com lucid dreaming forum. Content copyrighted by the author.
Lucid dreamers unite! visit LD4all.com