Let's Teleport!?
LD4all » Lucid Adventures

#1: Let's Teleport!? Author: MatrixManNe0 PostPosted: Fri 11 May, 2007
    ----
Quote:
This forum is focused on what to do while lucid. Topics range from how to prolong a LD to tips on how to teleport.
Hey! I see this in the description of the forum, yet I see no BIG teleporting topic! 'Sup with that?!

Anyway, I just wanna get other peoples' ideas. Personally, the only time I've successfully teleported was with spinning, and even that sometimes forces me to FA or actually awaken.

What do you do?!

Here's a list of what other members have tried or suggested:

• Dragon73: "I'm going to try by going through a door."
  • donoteat: "I just take a train."
  • Fadem: "What about using the classic mirror teleport trick thingy?"
  • Hapexamendios: "...when your destination is very far away, imagine it to be some kind of icon you'd click with your finger as if you were surfing online."
  • Asema: "...using a magical laptop at an UNIX terminal."
  • Astraea: "I just closed my eyes and I teleported."
  • TheRealJollyRoger: "...close my "eyes" (my dream eyes). I see black. I concentrate hard on wherever i want to be, and open up again."
  • Vichlatti: "I just create the destination I want around me."
  • Moinsquerien:
  • Hemming: "For those who don't know and didn't get the meaning, the image is of the Teleport device from Worms"
  • Dream: "try sitting down and crossing your legs then blink once then you will be there... or try chanting"
  • Mecha: "I let myself fall backwards through the floor and find myself right-side up in an empty black void (with an endless floor) I then think of where I want to go and then give the ground a sharp tap with my foot and then I reappear at my destination."
  • Mayu: "...I tried making a portal as well as walking through a door..."
  • Dream: "i choped a cut into the air..then i opened it and went in it.the I was when I wanted to be."
  • Dream: "first i simply closed my eyes and enter a went in a void where i was floating.then i close my eyes and opened them back.then i was at my destination"
  • Basilius West: "When I see a distant place where I want to go, I focus on it and sort of zoom in."
  • Bravsein: "When you want to be somewhere else, just think about standing just there where you want to be. Visualize how it it looks there."
  • Ultimate7777: "Sometimes I will everything to 'recede,' and so I'm standing in an enormous white expanse (like in that scene in the Matrix with Neo and Morpheus) then the place I want to be in sort of 'paints' itself into place."
  • Kindergarten: "put on a sparkly red pair of shoes, tap your heels together three times and say, "there's no place like home."
  • Jojje: "My friend usally calls for a train, knocks out the conductor, takes his microphone, says "[PLACE] next!" then goes to sit down, and wait for the conductor to wake up."
  • imweird: "and to teleport i think you should just like rip space and enter the hole u riped then see yourself in space with lots of stars and see many doors and know that one of the many doors will take you to wherever you want to go."
  • Geotrismegistos: "I have tried spinning... The bus has worked,fly sometimes... Also clicking at a pc environment style worked for me too."
  • moogle: "use a written word as an url that will take me there"
  • Nik J92: "If you're a fan of Halloweentown, try using the portal, or the portal spell Marnie and Aggie used... If you're a fan of Harry Potter, try Apparating, or using the Floo Network... If you're a fan of Charmed, try orbing, shimmering, blinking, or astral projecting... If you're a fan of the video game Banjo-Kazooie, try using a wing pad and fly to your destination, or use a warp pad, or even use Chuffy the Train... If you're a fan of the video game Metroid, try using a Dark or Light portal, or fly in Samus's Gunship... If you're a fan of Star Fox, fly in an Arwing or the Great Fox."
  • 0Haku0: "Mirror... Spinning... Closing your eyes"
  • Zeppster: " I picked a destination far away, closed my eyes, pictured the place I wanted to go and spun."
  • Rob4000: "...i'd use a teleportation machine....I think that the logical link with science there will make it more successful for me"
  • one_winged_angel: "...focus on one spot rly rly hard and then id just be there."
  • Spartan76092: "I did it runescape style."
  • DarkRaven: "I'll use Waterbending to create this little whirlpool wherever there is water, when it's big enough it glows purple, then I'll jump through it and end up in this ocean-type thingy that's all glowey and purplely. *laughs* Then there's all of these different little portals and if you look at each one you can see "scenes" from tv shows, movies, cartoons, and random dreamscapes and cool places. Then I'll pick one and jump through and...ta-da! I'm there!"
  • Mr. Spock: "I go inside my dream house, and I'm inside my actual mind, where there is an endless hallway of doors of that places I've been or dreamt about. Then I just go to the door of my choosing, open it, theres a big flash of light and BAM! I'm there... Another way is step through a mirror and see where you end up!"
  • krakatoa: "I just started digging up the asfalt with my hands and then getting to the earth underneath decided to go into it, and let it swallow me."
  • shikigami: "...just realize that the world around you is not real ( This is suposed to work in real life too) and that your whole perception of the world is man made and everything man made has flaws. then you exploit those flaws and just trasfer through space."

Last edited by MatrixManNe0 on Tue 04 Sep, 2007; edited 1 time in total

#2:  Author: GreenDragon PostPosted: Fri 11 May, 2007
    ----
I tried the spinning technique in an LD and it threw me into a FA. That wouldn't have been a problem except I didn't realise it was an FA and went to sleep in the LD. Losing lucidity sadblauw

Next time I'm going to try by going through a door.

#3:  Author: donoteat PostPosted: Sat 12 May, 2007
    ----
I just take a train.

smile

#4:  Author: superjake2007 PostPosted: Tue 22 May, 2007
    ----
Dragon73 wrote:
Next time I'm going to try by going through a door.

That sounds like a good idea

#5:  Author: Fadem PostPosted: Tue 22 May, 2007
    ----
What about using the classic mirror teleport trick thingy? (Even though I only get on the other side of the mirror/wake up -.-)

#6:  Author: MatrixManNe0 PostPosted: Wed 23 May, 2007
    ----
Yeah, I've tried that too, and the only thing that happens to me is that I get in a mirror version in whatever room I'm in.

#7:  Author: Hapexamendios PostPosted: Fri 25 May, 2007
    ----
Here is something a guide taught me: when your destination is very far away, imagine it to be some kind of icon you'd click with your finger as if you were surfing online. Works pretty good.

#8:  Author: Asema PostPosted: Mon 25 Jun, 2007
    ----
Taking a train is interesting. I myself just travel to my destination, either by sprouting wings or -- in the spirit of an ND -- using a magical laptop at an UNIX terminal. e.g.:

tele home

Also, I remember what I DO in an LD. I just don't remember what happens. Thus i don't record stuff like this in a DJ.

#9:  Author: Astraea PostPosted: Mon 25 Jun, 2007
    ----
well I got lucid on saturday and decided to teleport. I just closed my eyes and I teleported.

#10:  Author: Win Laik Pya PostPosted: Mon 25 Jun, 2007
    ----
i do this:

close my "eyes" (my dream eyes). I see black. I concentrate hard on wherever i want to be, and open up again.

worked for me so far

#11:  Author: Vichlatti PostPosted: Mon 25 Jun, 2007
    ----
I never tele myself anywhere, I teleport my destination to me. Ok that sound weird so I'll explain...I just create the destination I want around me.

I'm interested in doors though; one of my aims for the next time I have a LD is to make a door that leads to multiple rooms in a DC's house.

#12:  Author: moinsQ PostPosted: Mon 25 Jun, 2007
    ----
Use this little device:

It might actually work! ^^

#13:  Author: heja PostPosted: Tue 26 Jun, 2007
    ----
TheRealJollyRoger wrote:
i do this:

close my "eyes" (my dream eyes). I see black. I concentrate hard on wherever i want to be, and open up again.

worked for me so far

Well I did that once, and when I opened my eyes again I was woken up =(

#14:  Author: skyshimas PostPosted: Wed 27 Jun, 2007
    ----
Moinsquerien wrote:
Use this little device:

?????????

#15: teleport Author: Dream PostPosted: Sat 07 Jul, 2007
    ----
try sitting down and crossing your legs then blink once then you will be there :peek:or try chanting wink

#16:  Author: Hemming PostPosted: Sun 08 Jul, 2007
    ----
skyshimas wrote:
Moinsquerien wrote:
Use this little device:

?????????
For those who don't know and didn't get the meaning, the image is of the Teleport device from Worms :D

#17:  Author: Mecha PostPosted: Sun 08 Jul, 2007
    ----
I've used this method twice now to teleport. I let myself fall backwards through the floor and find myself right-side up in an empty black void (with an endless floor) I then think of where I want to go and then give the ground a sharp tap with my foot and then I reappear at my destination. ^^

#18:  Author: MovieMe PostPosted: Sun 08 Jul, 2007
    ----
That sounds like a cool (and good) way of teleporting Mecha.

#19:  Author: moinsQ PostPosted: Sun 08 Jul, 2007
    ----
Hemming wrote:
skyshimas wrote:
Moinsquerien wrote:
Use this little device:

?????????
For those who don't know and didn't get the meaning, the image is of the Teleport device from Worms :D

Thanks for explaining. smile I already wondered if someone wouldn't understand.

#20:  Author: Mayu PostPosted: Sun 08 Jul, 2007
    ----
I haven't had much success with teleporting yet. sadblauw I just had an LD and it was the most stable one I've had yet (most control as well), but I tried making a portal as well as walking through a door and they both didn't work. I just walked into the outside, and I made an idiot of myself when I tried to bring up a portal by throwing my arms up and yelling really loudly. I just said "screw it" and started to fly instead, but that takes too long. I was woken up by my brother when I wasn't even halfway there!

I think I shall try Hapexamendios' method or Mecha's method when I'm dreaming again if I have an LD. Now I just have to get sleepy again! My brother threw me wide awake when he came into the room yelling. cry

#21:  Author: Dream PostPosted: Mon 09 Jul, 2007
    ----
lol i just had a FLD and I teleported the wierdest way..i choped a cut into the air..then i opened it and went in it.the I was when I wanted to be.

#22:  Author: Dream PostPosted: Mon 09 Jul, 2007
    ----
there's another way but I cant do it,and when I dreamed of it,it wasnt a LD. first i simply closed my eyes and enter a went in a void where i was floating.then i close my eyes and opened them back.then i was at my destination

#23:  Author: MovieMe PostPosted: Mon 09 Jul, 2007
    ----
Dream wrote:
lol i just had a FLD and I teleported the wierdest way..i choped a cut into the air..then i opened it and went in it.the I was when I wanted to be.

Oh, I read a book (Can't recall the name right now) in which a guy used a special knife to cut open shortcuts to different places and dimensions.

#24:  Author: Dream PostPosted: Mon 09 Jul, 2007
    ----
Ive seen games that do the same thing. And some games were they use there hand to rip a portal to your destination.

#25:  Author: Basilus West PostPosted: Mon 09 Jul, 2007
    ----
I thought we were talking about how people actually teleport in LD's.

Here is a technique I didn't see here. I used it twice or thrice. It's teleportation at sight. When I see a distant place where I want to go, I focus on it and sort of zoom in. The problem with this technique is, you can only teleport to places that you already can see in your dream. neutral

My most interesting example was when I teleported above clouds ( I had altitude problems when I wanted to fly high ).

#26:  Author: MovieMe PostPosted: Mon 09 Jul, 2007
    ----
You should try using a stargate to teleport tounge2

#27:  Author: Basilus West PostPosted: Mon 09 Jul, 2007
    ----
Did you actually use one in a LD?

#28:  Author: Dream PostPosted: Mon 09 Jul, 2007
    ----
judt today yes. I teleported my house, To realise my brother was digging in the couch. And thats when i woke up

#29:  Author: Hapexamendios PostPosted: Tue 10 Jul, 2007
    ----
MovieMe wrote:
Dream wrote:

Oh, I read a book (Can't recall the name right now) in which a guy used a special knife to cut open shortcuts to different places and dimensions.

It's in Phil Pullman's Dark Matter trilogy - an excellent series! The movie is supposed to come out at the end of the year.

#30:  Author: MovieMe PostPosted: Tue 10 Jul, 2007
    ----
Oh, that's right! It is tounge2

#31:  Author: heja PostPosted: Thu 12 Jul, 2007
    ----
This one works for me:

When you want to be somewhere else, just think about standing just there where you want to be. Visualize how it it looks there. When you are awake you see what is in front of your eyes and when you think about something you see it "in your head", but the fact is: In your dream - you just are "in your head"!

#32:  Author: Ultimate7777 PostPosted: Fri 13 Jul, 2007
    ----
Sometimes I will everything to 'recede,' and so I'm standing in an enormous white expanse (like in that scene in the Matrix with Neo and Morpheus) then the place I want to be in sort of 'paints' itself into place.

#33: fudge sundae Author: Kindergarten PostPosted: Fri 13 Jul, 2007
    ----
put on a sparkly red pair of shoes, tap your heels together three times and say, "there's no place like home."

-ZAM!

#34:  Author: Jojje PostPosted: Sun 15 Jul, 2007
    ----
My friend usally calls for a train, knocks out the conductor, takes his microphone, says "[PLACE] next!" then goes to sit down, and wait for the conductor to wake up.

He likes to go to the moon. There's a completely naked man with a hat who lives in a crater. He is completely blue, has no visible sexual organs, and has a hat. He likes to steal his hat and throw it away, and then the blue man has to go to the shop and buy a new one because he doesn't like to go outside his crater.

Yeah, I'd like to try the train too. But mostly I just walk through doorways or take an elevator.

#35:  Author: Hapexamendios PostPosted: Mon 16 Jul, 2007
    ----
Ultimate7777 wrote:
Sometimes I will everything to 'recede,' and so I'm standing in an enormous white expanse (like in that scene in the Matrix with Neo and Morpheus) then the place I want to be in sort of 'paints' itself into place.

Oh... that happened on my first WILD.

#36:  Author: imweird PostPosted: Tue 17 Jul, 2007
    ----
Sometimes i have lucid dreams and i flew twice and fell once i could only rise like 30 feet, that was like 2 months ago and i havent had a lucid dream eversince.

and to teleport i think you should just like rip space and enter the hole u riped then see yourself in space with lots of stars and see many doors and know that one of the many doors will take you to wherever you want to go.

i never tried it and im new to this but it might work if u know it works.

#37:  Author: Geotrismegistos PostPosted: Wed 18 Jul, 2007
    ----
I have tried spinning,it is very very hard to work for me,when it worked,it moved me to the place i wanted but not exactly,more than a digitalised version of it inside a pc screen.

The bus has worked,fly sometimes.

From my DJ:I want to leave the house,and i say to myself,i want to be transfered there(dont remember where).It fails.Next to the door of my house there is a bed,and there the tall guy resides.He tells me,”who do you think you are,the queen of england?go out and take the bus!”

Also clicking at a pc environment style worked for me too.
I will try to experiment more

#38:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Thu 02 Aug, 2007
    ----
I haven't done this in a LD yet but ...

<moogle> and i now have a good idea for teleporting myself in dreams
<PhoneSiiw> oh? how?
<moogle> use a written word as an url that will take me there
<moogle> i'm so used to clicking links it would work
<PhoneSiiw> that is interesting!
<moogle> it was in my dream last night
<moogle> it is an easier action to making a portal etc
<moogle> and not as frightening since you know where you will end up

ooo just saw the above post! eek2

#39:  Author: Nik J92 PostPosted: Thu 02 Aug, 2007
    ----
You could also use a method from your favorite TV show, movie, video game, etc.

If you're a fan of Halloweentown, try using the portal, or the portal spell Marnie and Aggie used.

If you're a fan of Harry Potter, try Apparating, or using the Floo Network.

If you're a fan of Charmed, try orbing, shimmering, blinking, or astral projecting.

If you're a fan of the video game Banjo-Kazooie, try using a wing pad and fly to your destination, or use a warp pad, or even use Chuffy the Train.

If you're a fan of the video game Metroid, try using a Dark or Light portal, or fly in Samus's Gunship.

If you're a fan of Star Fox, fly in an Arwing or the Great Fox.

Or use another form of teleporting/transportation from another TV show, movie, game, etc. you like, or even just make up your own. (like going into a corridor and walking through a door that has "(destination name) beyond this door"

#40:  Author: shikigami PostPosted: Fri 03 Aug, 2007
    ----
Once I died in a LD and it teliported me to a wierd anciant shoilin temple type place meditate but it was empty. But when I tried it again I woke up. cry

#41:  Author: 0Haku0 PostPosted: Fri 03 Aug, 2007
    ----
The three main ways of teleporting have all failed for me

1. Mirror - Cant even get through the darn thing!
2. Spinning - I just get dizzy and fall down
3 Closing your eyes - If I close my eyes I can NEVER open them then Im forced to wake up or into an FA.

I want to go through a mirror so badly but I just dont know how to enter it. I try to put my hand in first but It just bumps into it like any regular solid object. Should I just Bull Charge into it?

#42:  Author: Zeppster PostPosted: Sat 04 Aug, 2007
    ----
I remember having a ND recently in which I picked a destination far away, closed my eyes, pictured the place I wanted to go and spun. I'm not sure whether I was somewhat Lucid at the time...
I didn't even know about Lucid Dreaming at the time.
I was having a Harry Potter-like dream and I was using the technique they use - apparition (sp?).
Maybe Lucid Dreaming is where the author got her ideas?
hmm

EDIT: Haha I forgot to tell you that the technique worked for me. ^^

#43:  Author: moinsQ PostPosted: Sat 04 Aug, 2007
    ----
Wat about teleporting yourself into a solid object? Oo I really wonder how it'll be.

#44:  Author: Rob4000 PostPosted: Sun 05 Aug, 2007
    ----
Quote:
He likes to go to the moon. There's a completely naked man with a hat who lives in a crater. He is completely blue, has no visible sexual organs, and has a hat. He likes to steal his hat and throw it away, and then the blue man has to go to the shop and buy a new one because he doesn't like to go outside his crater.

rofl :-p

I've never really tried teleporting in LDs before (that I can remember....might have accidentally switched or something, lol) but I always thought that if I were to give it a go, i'd use a teleportation machine....I think that the logical link with science there will make it more successful for me smile

#45:  Author: Sliph PostPosted: Sun 05 Aug, 2007
    ----
Moinsquerien wrote:
Wat about teleporting yourself into a solid object? Oo I really wonder how it'll be.

That'd probably just trigger some old hag paralysis, lol. And be badnews bears. eek2

#46:  Author: NeOMG PostPosted: Mon 06 Aug, 2007
    ----
ive only tele'd in a ND b4 but all i did was focus on one spot rly rly hard and then id just be there. I only went a few feet max though in that dream and i had to see where i was porting too.

In LD's ive had trouble teleporting but i prefer flying really really fast. Just perfect ur flying powers its way funner.

#47:  Author: Basilus West PostPosted: Mon 06 Aug, 2007
    ----
Quote:
ive only tele'd in a ND b4 but all i did was focus on one spot rly rly hard and then id just be there.

It's an interesting method which also works in LD's, as I said it some posts above.

#48:  Author: Spartan76092 PostPosted: Tue 14 Aug, 2007
    ----
I've tryed teleporting but, it didn't work as good as I wanted it to

I did it runescape style.

But I didn't end up where I wanted.

Last edited by Spartan76092 on Tue 14 Aug, 2007; edited 1 time in total

#49:  Author: DarkRaven PostPosted: Tue 14 Aug, 2007
    ----
Dream wrote:

Hmm, FLD sounds like what I have whenever I don't have an LD, I very rarely have dreams where I don't have any powers or control. I've never heard of that term before. Sweet! grin

The normal way of spinning and closing your eyes to teleport doesn't work for me. I'll either wake up or have a FA, the FA's aren't so bad though because to see if I'm dreaming all I have to do is get up and look outside. The inside of my house always looks the same and RC's don't work, but the outside is always different, in the same way each time. The trees are always freakishly tall, (I live in the woods) my front yard is bigger, and has these litttle "hill" things, and if I go down the driveway everything's all...weird. I can't really describe it.

The way I teleport is I'll use Waterbending to create this little whirlpool wherever there is water, when it's big enough it glows purple, then I'll jump through it and end up in this ocean-type thingy that's all glowey and purplely. *laughs* Then there's all of these different little portals and if you look at each one you can see "scenes" from tv shows, movies, cartoons, and random dreamscapes and cool places. Then I'll pick one and jump through and...ta-da! I'm there! grin

Off-topic: 100th post, boo-ya! grin

#50:  Author: Mr. Spock PostPosted: Sun 19 Aug, 2007
    ----
My method is kind of strange. For me, I go inside my dream house, and I'm inside my actual mind, where there is an endless hallway of doors of that places I've been or dreamt about. Then I just go to the door of my choosing, open it, theres a big flash of light and BAM! I'm there. Of course, since my dream house can't follow me, it's a one-way trip.

Another way is step through a mirror and see where you end up! Though I never tried that, I had only been lucid in a dream about 4 times now...

But to do that door thing, you have to gather your thoughts and organize them. It's much easier when you're ksilled in the psionic arts.

#51:  Author: krakatoa PostPosted: Mon 20 Aug, 2007
    ----
I don't know if it counts as teleportation. But what I did was I just started digging up the asfalt with my hands and then getting to the earth underneath decided to go into it, and let it swallow me. I wasn't sure what was gonna happen. I thoguht maybe I'd just be stuck in the earth, but I thought about a underworld and I was soon there. Ofcourse this was a magical place that was actually another world, and in space.

#52:  Author: shikigami PostPosted: Mon 03 Sep, 2007
    ----
I found out another way to telaport. I found that if you use a Psi method it works well. how you do this is that you just realize that the world around you is not real ( This is suposed to work in real life too) and that your whole perception of the world is man made and everything man made has flaws. then you exploit those flaws and just trasfer through space. This is also how I control time.

#53:  Author: Sakoda PostPosted: Mon 03 Sep, 2007
    ----
Work in RL ...????!?! i doubt that ...

Spinning tech made me wake up the one time i tried..(also i was losing a bit lucidity at that moment and wanted to teleport away from some monters so maybe id had something to do with fear also...)

#54:  Author: Scarecrow PostPosted: Wed 05 Sep, 2007
    ----
I have had around ten LD's and ever since the beggining i could do anything i wanted, so much for practice makes perfect

#55:  Author: rad PostPosted: Wed 05 Sep, 2007
    ----
I teleported just last night(in an LD), it just came naturally to me..I was in a parking garage and I wanted to be in the hallway of my old high school, so I just focused on the scene I wanted and everything just blurred together until I was there. Like I said, it didn't require much, just some concentration on the desired environment.

Heh, when I just appeared in the middle of a busy hallway all the DCs were like "That's impossible, you can't do that!" siiw

#56:  Author: Mr. Spock PostPosted: Sun 09 Sep, 2007
    ----
shikigami wrote:
I found out another way to telaport. I found that if you use a Psi method it works well. how you do this is that you just realize that the world around you is not real ( This is suposed to work in real life too) and that your whole perception of the world is man made and everything man made has flaws. then you exploit those flaws and just trasfer through space. This is also how I control time.

What kind of psi method? Psi ball? Psi portal? And if it works in RL, and if you can control time, you must be either insane, or 10 years old.

#57:  Author: Smiffy008 PostPosted: Mon 10 Sep, 2007
    ----
I just think about the place I want to be and everything changes into it hehe.

#58:  Author: kTFox PostPosted: Tue 11 Sep, 2007
    ----
I've read that if you spin around it will transport you into a differet dreamscape.

#59:  Author: Himnes PostPosted: Tue 11 Sep, 2007
    ----
I teleported yesterday. I just turned around, said/thought were I would want to go, turned around again and there was a door. I went through it and I acctually came to another place rechterduim omhoog met knipoog

#60:  Author: Stockholm PostPosted: Wed 12 Sep, 2007
    ----
I've had problems with teleporting. Last night I tried using regular wheat flour I found in my kitchen as "Teleportation powder". I told myself that if I threw it up in the air and let it rain down on me it would teleport me. Didn't work though. Everything started to spin and went black, then I woke up. I believe it may be because I didn't have a ending point or what to call it for my teleportation. I never really even thought about where to go.

#61:  Author: xx521xx PostPosted: Thu 13 Sep, 2007
    ----
I've only teleported once so far. I just closed my eyes, willed the current dream scene out of existence, then visualized the scene I wanted to find when I opened my eyes. It basically worked, but when I first opened my eyes, I was in a black void with a transparent, non-solid version of the scene overlapping it. It took a little extra effort to make the scene solid.

#62:  Author: Mr. Spock PostPosted: Sat 15 Sep, 2007
    ----
I just tried this last night in a LD and it worked perfectly! I wrote the name of the place I wanted to go, say I wasnted to go to Disney World in America. I wrote that on a peice of paper, then I set it on fire. Then when the fire grew, I stepped through it and I was there!

I got the idea from a peice of paper with a map on it on my desk(in RL of course).

#63: New way to teleport. Author: Liam PostPosted: Tue 09 Oct, 2007
    ----
I recently found a new way to teleport in a LD. It happened whilst in a LD, i needed to go somewhere so i just disolved into the ground.

Then popped up where i wanted to be. It was very quick and easy. ^^

I tryed it several times and it worked each time. Hope it does for everyone else.

<mod>merged into existing topic</mod>

#64:  Author: Bones PostPosted: Tue 09 Oct, 2007
    ----
Interesting.
Well, if it works it works.

The only method I have done is the close your eyes and teleport method.

#65:  Author: Mecha PostPosted: Tue 09 Oct, 2007
    ----
In an LD I had recently, I used a different method than my usual one for teleporting. I was testing out the teleport function of my armor to try and warp the car and me back home. I just gave the thought to my armor's AI, and it took care of the rest. No fancy stuff or look-away involved, just an instant change of scenery.

#66: let's teleport! Author: Scarecrow PostPosted: Fri 12 Oct, 2007
    ----
Bones wrote:
Interesting.
Well, if it works it works.

The only method I have done is the close your eyes and teleport method.

kiekeboe Same here, or a technique i made, was say your walking in a house, like down a hallway, picture where ever you want to go, in a room. You have to really believe or i won't work. You just turn into the room, or a corner or anything else where you can't see and picture it. It should change scenery grin grin

#67:  Author: Foodguy100 PostPosted: Fri 12 Oct, 2007
    ----
I can't close my dream eyes without a False Awakening or waking up for real. So instead I just say, "To (SUCH AND SUCH)!" And spin. tounge1

#68:  Author: Kandri PostPosted: Mon 22 Oct, 2007
    ----
Well, you can be creative with it! ^^

Imagine going to a big screen TV and switching the channels on the remote. When you find one you like, jump in the TV and you'll be there.

Or maybe dig a big hole in the ground and jump in to wherever you want.

Walk through walls or mirrors, and be somewhere else on the other side.

Or imagine being sucked into something and appearing in another place. Try a tornado, black hole, or a whirlpool. Or maybe a giant vaccum!

These are just my weird thoughts. I have never tried any of these, because I hardly lucid dream. But others are free to try them.

#69:  Author: Sakoda PostPosted: Mon 22 Oct, 2007
    ----
I once tried teleporting and ended up on the eiffel tower (eek)
the other time i made spinning teechnique and woke up truit spinnig tech.. gah

#70:  Author: zeroexe PostPosted: Tue 23 Oct, 2007
    ----
What about making a teleport? Like spawning your version of a teleporter, setting the destination, jumping inside and turning it on?

I guess the answer is yes - personally I would use the one in Team Fortress 2 or Half-Life 2.

What about portals? (to anyone who has played Portal)

#71:  Author: BigMac2112 PostPosted: Thu 25 Oct, 2007
    ----
You can always walk, ya know...

at 100,000 mph, of course :D

#72:  Author: Sakoda PostPosted: Thu 25 Oct, 2007
    ----
PHAw, walking ... lwhy not easy if you can make it complicated (thats a german saying , not sure if it exists in english ...)

#73:  Author: Wyvern PostPosted: Thu 25 Oct, 2007
    ----
Teleporting used to be one of my weaknesses. So, I used to use the door method; find the nearest door, expect the place you want to go to to be behind it, open the door and voila!

Now I just run extremely fast and I just turn up there. It's a lot more fun too.

#74: COOL Author: Jake_drummer PostPosted: Tue 06 Nov, 2007
    ----
interesting one thing i want to try next time im lucid is teleporting

go to my DJ and read my first LD haha i tried to teleport but was so stressed out whatsthat wow geenidee

MY DJ

#75: Teleporting Author: JiggaJigga PostPosted: Sun 09 Mar, 2008
    ----
Anyone try teleporting? This could be pretty fun. Post here if you can manage to do it.

#76:  Author: Kza PostPosted: Mon 10 Mar, 2008
    ----
I just open a door to get where I want to go. If I wanted to actually teleport, I'd probably call it a magic spell to get my mind around it.

#77:  Author: LucidEpiphany PostPosted: Mon 10 Mar, 2008
    ----
umm, ya i have teleported in a LD. Not in real life though, cuz thats what this topic seems like your asking.

my vision didnt move though so when i teleported i became a DO.

^^

#78:  Author: Vagabondage PostPosted: Mon 10 Mar, 2008
    ----
Anybody seen Jumper?

Heeeecckkk yeah...

Look at a picture in your dream and BAM, WHOOSH! You're there. ^__^

#79:  Author: double-o-darko PostPosted: Mon 10 Mar, 2008
    ----
http://www.ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29298

Seriously rotten apples, I was so glad I went to see that movie on the big screen! Talk about some great mental ammo for the dream world!

#80:  Author: underscore PostPosted: Mon 10 Mar, 2008
    ----
Heh, my last attempt ended badly. I jumped through a door without checking to make sure what I wanted was on the other side, and I ended up falling into an abyss and waking up. I should try it again, though... it sure as heck beats walking .

#81:  Author: Ebil_Score PostPosted: Mon 10 Mar, 2008
    ----
Hah! Your sig too, huh?

I have never had any more LDs than my 1st (which wasn't very long), but if I did try, I would either:
[*]Visualise myself in a different spot [i.e. looking at a photo, then looking up again to find i'm there]
[*]Cast a spell (runescape style :D )
[*]Or even better, create a rift in 4-dimensional space and jump through it. Because of the passage of photons in the first and second place, everything will be brighter on both sides, and you will be able to see your destination in the rift. Don't put it inside anyone's body, though, or it will cause their top half to fall away into wherever (through teleporter), while their severed bottom half dies.
Hope that didn't conjure up any nasty images smile

#82:  Author: Down the Rabbit Hole PostPosted: Mon 10 Mar, 2008
    ----
Has anyone here played Portal? That's the way to teleport. Just slap a portal on a wall and walk through to your destination.

#83:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Mon 10 Mar, 2008
    ----
I teleported in my last LD
Quote:
but the male one (Mason from Dead Like Me) shouted, "USE A TELPORT! USE A TELEPORT!"
I backed away from the window and looked around the room, there was a box of old toys. After a quick look at the contents, I took out the orange ring from the stack tower and pulled it over my left hand. :D Next I placed my right hand over the ring and said, "THE LABYRINTH" in a determined voice and shut my eyes and counted to ten. When I opened them eek2 I was in an underground labyrinth. The walls were grey with an hint of purple.[/color] I woke up before getting to Hippo![/b]

At the back of my mind I knew it wasn't a teleporting device but an aid to enable me to do it.

#84:  Author: Pseudos PostPosted: Tue 11 Mar, 2008
    ----
i teleported in a short LD. I found myself jumping into my car. Funny, because i wanted to get out of a stupid situation.

#85:  Author: Vagabondage PostPosted: Tue 11 Mar, 2008
    ----
Down the Rabbit Hole wrote:
Has anyone here played Portal? That's the way to teleport. Just slap a portal on a wall and walk through to your destination.

I really need to play that game. lachtraan

#86:  Author: Termal PostPosted: Tue 11 Mar, 2008
    ----
Teleporting is my normal power smile But I like flying much more smile I close my eyes and in my mind I am saying I want go to XY and when I open eyes smile I am on my wanted place

#87:  Author: Basilus West PostPosted: Tue 11 Mar, 2008
    ----
I've been teleporting rarely. My favourite teleporting technique is to teleport at sight, it's like zooming on a remote object and then you're there.

#88:  Author: Queen SD PostPosted: Wed 12 Mar, 2008
    ----
Teleporting is the first thing i do when i realise i'm dreaming. I close my eyes, spin around and think of the place i want to go to, then open them and POOF i'm there (at least most of the times... if everything goes according to plan tounge2 )
But flying is much better. Still, you can try teleporting while flying; going through the clouds and when you go back down you can be in an entirely different place.

#89:  Author: Spartan76092 PostPosted: Sat 15 Mar, 2008
    ----
Rotten Apples wrote:
Anybody seen Jumper?

Heeeecckkk yeah...

Look at a picture in your dream and BAM, WHOOSH! You're there. ^__^

Good movie. smile

No I haven't done this but I want to so badly. I want to be able to do it with out a door, or just be able to do it at all. neutral

#90: Lol Author: magicmomma92 PostPosted: Mon 08 Oct, 2018
    ----
So this is kinda weird and idk how I started doing it, but I teleport by jumping into a toilet or drain!

#91:  Author: Siiw PostPosted: Wed 20 Mar, 2019
    ----
I haven't posted here for some reason?

I draw a circle in the air. It glows, and makes an excellent portal to jump through. The glowing circle is also a quite effective RC!

#92:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Wed 20 Mar, 2019
    ----
this is an interesting thread! and useful inspiration for the current lc teleport task.

i usually imagine what i want on the other side of a door, or just walk through a wall.

but as ive been following the harry potter dream trend lately, i think next time ill try apparating wizard

#93:  Author: EdwardSanchez PostPosted: Thu 04 Jul, 2019
    ----
Interesting smile

LD4all » Lucid Adventures

Page 1 of 1
printed from the LD4all.com lucid dreaming forum. Content copyrighted by the author.
Lucid dreamers unite! visit LD4all.com