Sigil-Induced Lucid Dream
LD4all » Quest for Lucidity

#1: Sigil-Induced Lucid Dream Author: Genkai PostPosted: Tue 15 May, 2007
    ----
Sigils, or pictures representing one's intentions, can be used to effectively induce Lucid Dreams. I had four low-lucidity LDs in one week with this tech. I for one have had major success with this over other techniques. Give it a shot, the results may surprise you.

Directions:
I.Construct a Sigil. Decide upon your intention to have a Lucid Dream, put it into a sentence like "It is my will to have a Lucid Dream during the next week." and keep one of each letter. Using all caps, put it into a design such as those featured in the link Tsondru gave us, http://home.comcast.net/~max555/book/Sigils.html Eliminate the glyph down to an easily-visualized picture.
II."Charge" Sigil. Focus all of your energy into visualizing your creation. Go into hypnosis and imagine yourself becoming lucid and feeling as if you have already accomplished your goal.
III.Destroy it! After you have implanted the message into your subconscious, anihilate the Sigil and forget about it.
IV.Do Nothing. Don't try too hard, you don't have any more to do with it. As long as the belief is there, your SC will take the suggestion and make it happen.
V.Enjoy! You have now programmed your subconscious to become lucid, and it will occur naturally now. Try this in combination with MILD for best results.

If you have any success with this, post your findings! Let's perfect this technique together.

Last edited by Genkai on Fri 13 Jul, 2007; edited 3 times in total

#2:  Author: Win Laik Pya PostPosted: Tue 15 May, 2007
    ----
i'll try this

but, i'll prolly always remember what it stands for!!!

curses and drat!

ok i gotta try ahrd then

and if my parents find em they'll think i'm crazy lol

#3:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Tue 15 May, 2007
    ----
As long as you charge it but sorta remember, it'll still work. Don't worry TRJR. If your parents see them, just say that you were doodling in math class. Works every time. smile

Try making many Sigils and you'll be bound to forget one or two.

#4:  Author: The Slave PostPosted: Wed 16 May, 2007
    ----
Sounds ritualistic. Sounds magical. Thoroughly heretic. I like it.
At least the designing will be so interesting that it, alone, could inspire one to have Lucid Dreams. I have but one question: Does it wear out? As in, does the effect reduce in time and then there will be point where you need another sigil?

#5:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Wed 16 May, 2007
    ----
As for it wearing out, whenever you have a LD drought you can just make another one. Simple enough. wink5 Good question, Slave.

#6:  Author: Poppp PostPosted: Thu 17 May, 2007
    ----
Wow I think this is really working :O

Tonight I had the best LD yet because of this.. I even had two LD's.

Yesterday I wrote up "It is my will to have a lucid dream tonight" in my own language, removed repeating letters and formed a picture and charged it, then just went to bed without thinking about it.

And the night i had a small lucid dream, but i woke up very fast so I cant count that as a lucid dream. But when i went back to bed (no school today wink5), i had the best LD yet turn3 It lasted so loong and I did lots of things like flying with chickens, punching people so they started to beat me up (wanted to see if i couldfeel pain, which i couldnt btw) and so much more.

The best part was, in the end it felt like i had done everything that i could think of (didn't think of teleporting or anything, just went around in my town) so i went back to my house, told my parents my clothes were broken because of a LD (think it was starting to becoming a ND here) and when I got to my room i waked up :D

Thanks for this, first real good LD i've had in weeks turn3)
Everyone should try this.. But follow the instructions good even though it may be alot to read.

EDIT. Whoa, little more text then i expected it to be.. Well i needed to write this off, this technique seems to be working on me.

#7:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Thu 17 May, 2007
    ----
Amen, Poppp. Keep the Sigils alive. grin

Last edited by Genkai on Fri 13 Jul, 2007; edited 1 time in total

#8:  Author: Tsondru PostPosted: Thu 17 May, 2007
    ----
How do you achieve gnosis?

#9:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Thu 17 May, 2007
    ----
Best ways IMO are meditation, self hypnosis, spinning, and contemplating paradoxes. And you?

#10:  Author: Tsondru PostPosted: Thu 17 May, 2007
    ----
Orgasm!

Seemed to work when I tried it...I wanted to see a Harley Davidson as an experiment and I saw a couple in the next few days...how often do you see a HD?

#11:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Thu 17 May, 2007
    ----
Tsondru wrote:
Orgasm!

I suppose that's always one way to do it.
Tsondru wrote:
I wanted to see a Harley Davidson as an experiment and I saw a couple in the next few days...how often do you see a HD?

Never really. Either good luck or damned good sigilwork. Awesome.

For anyone that cares, Sigils can be implemented for any intention, not just LDs. siiw Give it a shot.

#12:  Author: jagsaw PostPosted: Thu 17 May, 2007
    ----
I'm having trouble making a sigil! It has the letters VUCRMTSK... I'm having trouble with the K and R.

#13:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Fri 18 May, 2007
    ----
The best way to create sigils is just to play around, like a child in art class. These are specific symbols of power for you; no one else needs to be able to recognize your intentions for these symbols so don't worry about perfection. There is no right or wrong. (From www.bewitchingways.com )

Just play around, let your creativity show, and remember that, technically, (Ahem), you don't need to use all of the letters. One of the steps crucial to the visualization process is minimizing the image to a small glyph and cutting off the rest. Check out Tsondru's really helpful link in the first post for additional assistance.

#14:  Author: jagsaw PostPosted: Fri 18 May, 2007
    ----
thanks, I did it okay - it looks like a ball (or a faceless smiley) with a plastic cup for a hat. The cup has like a cross on it... I have all the letters in it too!

Okay, the next step is...

#15:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Fri 18 May, 2007
    ----
Now to charge it. Reach a concentrated state of mind and then destroy it and let your SC do the rest.

Last edited by Genkai on Fri 13 Jul, 2007; edited 2 times in total

#16:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Fri 18 May, 2007
    ----
Now to charge it. Reach a concentrated state of mind and then destroy it and let your SC do the rest.

#17:  Author: Soragu PostPosted: Fri 18 May, 2007
    ----
What the heck is the Gnostic State?

#18:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Fri 18 May, 2007
    ----
A focused but still relaxed state, kind of like hypnosis. Many ways to induce it, spinning, listening to music, sex, exercise, etc.

#19:  Author: jagsaw PostPosted: Fri 18 May, 2007
    ----
hmm.... I'm gonna be contemplating paradoxes, I know a little bit about them.

I just did that and I was so relaxed I could have just fallen asleep on the spot! It was cool. how long should it take for me to get the message into my SC?

#20:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Fri 18 May, 2007
    ----
Meh, a few minutes tops. Don't try too hard. As long as the belief and the intention are there, the effect will follow. Sigils are like The Secret on speed. biggrin

Don't forget to destroy it and forget! It's the most fun part. :D

#21:  Author: jagsaw PostPosted: Fri 18 May, 2007
    ----
I didn't have an LD,but that's probably because I did it only for like, 30 seconds! I'm gonna try again tonight.

#22:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Fri 18 May, 2007
    ----
Good luck, Li. I'll make a sigil to help your sigil. :D

#23:  Author: Presence of Light PostPosted: Sat 19 May, 2007
    ----
why this over autosuggestion, especially talking to the subconscious about what you want (proper language being HAVE) while dozing off to bed, waking up from dreams, etc?

i've tried sigils before, not entirely too seriously, but i think a more interesting way is to use each night's sleep as a chance to program reality.

#24:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Sat 19 May, 2007
    ----
Good question, holyreality. For starters, Sigils require creativity, visualization, and much more effort than Auto. I think the sheer "magic" of the designs themselves could inspire a LD. It's just more fun and in my opinion more effective. Who said you couldn't use both simultaneously, anyway? Sigils make for a great standalone or supplementary LD method, and I think that versatility always helps. :D

#25:  Author: Kava PostPosted: Sat 19 May, 2007
    ----
Well I did it, Ill let you know the results. This is so cool. Now let me see if I did it right...

I wrote... I Wish to have Lucid dreams this week.

I crossed out repeated letters, made a symbole from the remaining letters

Then I charged it, I visulized the symbole, and having LDs.

Then I destroyed it.

Is that right?

#26:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Sat 19 May, 2007
    ----
Perfect, Kavaa. And whenever you have a dryspell all you have to do is make another. siiw

#27:  Author: Presence of Light PostPosted: Sat 19 May, 2007
    ----
my question was more about things other than lucidity actually

i would wager lucid dreams are probably some of the best places for "magick" but this requires extremely high knowledge and expertise.

#28:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Sat 19 May, 2007
    ----
W00t! Just had a really long Sigil LD with high lucidity! My first good LD in my whole life! Eat that, WILD!

To answer your Q holy reality, when it comes to Sigils vs Autosuggestion in matters besides Lucid Dreaming, I still think that the messages to your Subconscious are a bit stronger with Sigils because of the creation process. They both work fine, heck they even work good when used together, but I still have a gut feeling that Sigils are better.

#29:  Author: Poppp PostPosted: Sat 19 May, 2007
    ----
Yesterday I did another Sigil because i wanted and I had a LD xD

I remember it was very clear and long but i cant remember much of it.. Just parts of it because my DR was/is very bad atm.

Note. Snow isn't cold in my dreams, and it doesn't taste anything

#30:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Sat 19 May, 2007
    ----
Congrats again Poppp. Hopefully that DR will be back soon. Hell, make a Sigil to help that, too!

#31:  Author: Soragu PostPosted: Sat 19 May, 2007
    ----
This sigil thing sounds pretty weird, but I might try it out once, since people have been getting great results with it in this thread.

#32:  Author: Presence of Light PostPosted: Sun 20 May, 2007
    ----
Another inquiry then about manifestation, what of prayer? I think it could be the most powerful of all if someone has deep faith in who they are praying to (whomever they wish including their own self).

I know because all the really powerful manifestations are happening to a devout Christian I know, and she and others are basically living jobless via prayer manifestations. It is quite remarkable.

edit: I have crafted a mantra using the sigil technique which I will try for MILD.

My will is that it will very quickly bring me into the dreamstate upon falling asleep, rather than dozing off with the potential to lose consciousness, but I more or less practice MILD / WILD every night and generally am lucid every night that I really want to be.

My will is for this to greatly amplify lucidity.

#33:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Sun 20 May, 2007
    ----
Yes, holy reality. Some people use the Sigil process to create mantras, and they work as well.

Now prayer is really just using intention, belief, and a little delusion to get your desires. But you don't see any Prayer-Induced Lucid Dreams, do you? wink5

#34:  Author: Presence of Light PostPosted: Sun 20 May, 2007
    ----
i think in Tibetan Dream yoga one can devote a prayer to a particular deity that represents clarity within deep sleep.

That's a very nice deity to forge in the collective-unconscious.

#35:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Sun 20 May, 2007
    ----
Better than the crazy God in the Christian Old Testament. That dude was whack! Flooding the earth, plagues, that guy should've been fired a long time ago. He must have connections.

Keep up the Sigilwork everyone!

Last edited by Genkai on Fri 31 Aug, 2007; edited 1 time in total

#36:  Author: Ocean PostPosted: Sun 20 May, 2007
    ----
A question ~~ when crossing out repeated letters, do you leave the first letter and cross out all the remaining repeated letters, or cross out the orignial too. For example, I WILL LUCID DREAM, do you cross out the i in lucid or both the first I and also the i in lucid??

#37:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Sun 20 May, 2007
    ----
You keep one of each letter. In I WILL LUCID DREAM, you would have I WL UCD REAM

*I fixed the guide to be more clear on this part. Thanks a bunch for bringing that mistake to my attention, Ocean!

Last edited by Genkai on Mon 21 May, 2007; edited 2 times in total

#38:  Author: Ocean PostPosted: Sun 20 May, 2007
    ----
Thank you!

#39:  Author: jagsaw PostPosted: Sun 20 May, 2007
    ----
Genkai wrote:
You keep one of each letter. In I WILL LUCID DREAM, you would have I WL UCD REAM

bugger.

No wonder this hasn't been working for me!

#40:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Tue 22 May, 2007
    ----
Whoops!

Sorry bout that, everyone!

#41:  Author: Robbertto PostPosted: Wed 30 May, 2007
    ----
the sigil thing didnt work for me sadblauw some help plzzz! i did everything right.. i thought... lol

#42:  Author: jagsaw PostPosted: Wed 30 May, 2007
    ----
Hasn't worked for me either.

The gnostic state is wonderful though.... when I do it I just feel like I could fall asleep right away.

#43:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Wed 30 May, 2007
    ----
If visual sigils aren't exactly your cup of tea, you can take the letters and form a short mantra to repeat in your head. You can get creative with this, and just try many methods of S(igil)ILD to find one that works for you.

#44:  Author: cue5c PostPosted: Sat 02 Jun, 2007
    ----
I had a mildly good LD using it last night, thanks for posting :D

#45:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Sat 02 Jun, 2007
    ----
Glad to assist you in your Lucid Adventures, cue5c. Don't forget, you can make the Sigils even more specific and control the content of your NDs and LDs too. ^^

#46:  Author: jagsaw PostPosted: Sat 02 Jun, 2007
    ----
damn NOTHING WORKS FOR ME!! GARGHHGHGHGH

#47:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Sun 03 Jun, 2007
    ----
A little positive thought never hurt anyone, Li.
wink5

#48:  Author: cue5c PostPosted: Sun 03 Jun, 2007
    ----
I was really tired, and everyone was asleep so it was quiet, I did it about 20 minutes before I went to bed, and It worked like a charm (although I'm starting to think it was an FLD, but even if it was, it was still awesome). Keep trying, and you must, I repeat, YOU MUST believe it will work, or else it won't. :D

#49:  Author: jagsaw PostPosted: Sun 03 Jun, 2007
    ----
I believe everything works for someone! This one sounds awesome, it's been working for lots of people! I tried something similar last night: I crossed my fingers as I fell asleep, telling myself that because my fingers were crossed I would realise I was dreaming. That is the same as this, essentially - it's just autosuggestion or willpower or something. I really believed it would work, but I didn't remember any dreams when I woke up. I had that feeling, though, the feeling you have when you wake up after an LD. Do you guys know what I mean?

Do you guys get this feeling when you wake up after an LD? It's like a weird feeling... you feel sort of calm, but happy. It's hard to describe.

And Genkai, I wish I could be more positive, but it's not me, I'm not a positive person!! damn. Can you make someone into a positive person? hmm

#50:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Sun 03 Jun, 2007
    ----
Li, there is a man called Derren Brown who is a master of NLP and he was able to modify a woman's beliefs at will with one simple exercise.

You need to imagine the feeling you get when you know you can do something, like when you are sure that you will catch a pass in football, or sure that you'll pass a test, and attach that feeling to what you are trying to do. For example, I combine the feeling I get before winning a game of Abalone with Lucid Dreaming. Difficult to explain, but very simple in practice. Here's the Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdlItEIj8bg

#51:  Author: jagsaw PostPosted: Sun 03 Jun, 2007
    ----
Derren Brown rocks.

#52:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Sun 03 Jun, 2007
    ----
Mkay, take the feeling you get when you imagine how much Derren Brown rocks and apply it to Lucid Dreaming. wink5

#53:  Author: cue5c PostPosted: Sun 03 Jun, 2007
    ----
I have a problem now -_-

I have a slightly photographic memory, and It's extremely hard for me to forget my Sigils (btw, how do you pronounce that....-_-) and I think it worked before because I was so tired. Any suggestions?

#54:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Mon 04 Jun, 2007
    ----
Interesting, cue5c. I never considered that a good memory could impede Sigilwork. :D

Either you can make a lot of Sigils at a time in hope of forgetting one or two and then affirm that you won't remember, or maybe you could make mantras out of your Sigils instead. I'll have to think about this one.

#55:  Author: cue5c PostPosted: Mon 04 Jun, 2007
    ----
I read about just making a lot, and saving them for later, so I think I'll try that.

#56:  Author: Vermath PostPosted: Mon 04 Jun, 2007
    ----
This technique really doesn't seem to have any magical aspects about it... It is just modified autosuggestion but i do believe that it could work hell i'll give it a shot.

#57:  Author: Hapexamendios PostPosted: Mon 04 Jun, 2007
    ----
cue5c wrote:
I have a problem now -_-

I have a slightly photographic memory, and It's extremely hard for me to forget my Sigils (btw, how do you pronounce that....-_-) and I think it worked before because I was so tired. Any suggestions?

You could also try to create audio sigils instead.

#58:  Author: HurricaneAK PostPosted: Tue 05 Jun, 2007
    ----
So.. when you say "destroy" the sigil do you mean completely disavow any knowledge of it ever existing? I burned it and then promptly paper shredded it and cannot remember a single thing about what I wrote.

#59:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Tue 05 Jun, 2007
    ----
Perfect, Hurricane. Burning, slicing, and otherwise mutilating the Sigil will suffice. If you can't remember what it looked like or what it was for, great! Your work is done.

#60:  Author: Win Laik Pya PostPosted: Tue 05 Jun, 2007
    ----
Genkai wrote:
Perfect, Hurricane. Burning, slicing, and otherwise mutilating the Sigil will suffice. If you can't remember what it looked like or what it was for, great! Your work is done.

ok so just to clarify:

i'm NOT supposed to like keep it under my bed or something? Just make it then nuke it to hell?

#61:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Tue 05 Jun, 2007
    ----
NUKE. IT. TO. HELL. devil

#62:  Author: cue5c PostPosted: Wed 06 Jun, 2007
    ----
I'm just making a bunch, and charging them friday =D

#63:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Wed 06 Jun, 2007
    ----
Good on you mate. While you work some cool LD Sigils, I'll just stick to listening to KOЯN and working on my card magic. grin

#64:  Author: HurricaneAK PostPosted: Wed 06 Jun, 2007
    ----
Is there any scientific reasoning behind this? Although I didn't get an LD last night, I have a very vivid ND and was close to lucidity. *HurricaneAK always demands scientific reasoning.

#65:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Wed 06 Jun, 2007
    ----
It works because it raises confidence, uses both Visual/Mantra-based Subconscious Messaging that make it better than MILD IMO, and the Placebo Effect. Usually one of these three factors cause spontaneous LDs, and once you have your first, and your belief that you can actually Lucid Dream is there, you will experience a higher frequency. Forgetting it also prevents people from trying too hard and spoiling their results. ^^

#66:  Author: HurricaneAK PostPosted: Mon 11 Jun, 2007
    ----
Yep, that seems reasonable. Actually, after I "charged" my sigil and burned it, I've been having vivid life-like dreams every night in which I have full control. I used to always hear stories of ,"WHOAH this method really works!" But I've actually had the best success with this. It's as if I tricked my body into believing I WILL have vivid lucid dreams every night.

#67:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Mon 11 Jun, 2007
    ----
HurricaneAK wrote:
Yep, that seems reasonable.

HurricaneAK wrote:
Actually, after I "charged" my sigil and burned it, I've been having vivid life-like dreams every night in which I have full control. I used to always hear stories of ,"WHOAH this method really works!" But I've actually had the best success with this.

Fantastic that my method ended up helping you with your Lucid Dreams!

I'm currently experimenting with a variation I call WBTS. :D Wake up early in the morning, make a Sigil, charge it, and go back to bed. Because you created it in the Hypnopompic State when your SC is active, it would work immediately. When you wake up you will have already forgotten it. siiw

#68:  Author: Win Laik Pya PostPosted: Mon 11 Jun, 2007
    ----
O_O

why haven't i done this yet?

later today, i swear i will

#69:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Mon 11 Jun, 2007
    ----
TheRealJollyRoger wrote:

later today, i swear i will

Good luck, TRJR.
*Genkai knows that TRJR can do it! biggrin

Don't forget people, when burning/nuking to hell/otherwise mutilating your Sigil, take necessary safety measures.
*Genkai doesn't enjoy being sued.

#70:  Author: jagsaw PostPosted: Mon 11 Jun, 2007
    ----
I MUST DO THIS AGAIN!!

#71:  Author: burning_idle PostPosted: Tue 12 Jun, 2007
    ----
I'm wondering, how well do people think it would work if I tried this in conjuction with WBTB?

If I make the sigil during the day and then when I wake up (I'll be pretty much in gnosis anyway) I'll charge it and then annihilate it and then go straight back to sleep.

mayhap I'll try this at the weekend.

(sorry if someone mentioned this earlier, long post + bad real life memory!)

#72:  Author: burning_idle PostPosted: Thu 14 Jun, 2007
    ----
K, so i just made my sigil, it's awesome.

I used food colouring and painted it on to rice paper, this is gonna be the tastiest Magik ever.
Looks good too, it almost seems a shame that I'm going to have to eat it and then forget it ever existed.

Maybe it needs more sugar? and some of those little silver balls?

**wanders off to raid a bakery shop**

#73:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Thu 14 Jun, 2007
    ----
I've heard of burning it. I've heard of nuking it. But eating it? Genius.

That's great! Making Sigils cookies and eating them! :D
Let's see MILD get this fun.

#74:  Author: burning_idle PostPosted: Thu 14 Jun, 2007
    ----
If this one doesn't work i'm using fairy cakes and blue icing next.

I can just imagine someone walking in on me in a gnostic trance staring at a fairy cake, they'd think I was completely mental.

Hell, if I walked in and saw me doing that I'd think I was mental! crazy

#75:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Thu 14 Jun, 2007
    ----
Heh. Great creativity there, burning_idle. I need to make some Sigil Cakes.

(200 posts...ebil)

Last edited by Genkai on Wed 24 Jun, 2009; edited 1 time in total

#76:  Author: Traveler PostPosted: Thu 14 Jun, 2007
    ----
Genkai wrote:
NUKE. IT. TO. HELL. devil

That works well but the eating it is good but if you spend so long designing it then preparing it for eating i think it would be very had to forget what it meant. I suggest being very creative very fast and writing quick on paper then lighting the paper on fire spinning crazy2. Not only will you not remember it very well you will have some Fire spinning crazy2 to help you forget.

Fire = Distraction = forget & FUN

#77:  Author: burning_idle PostPosted: Thu 14 Jun, 2007
    ----
Well, the design itself you can squiggle on real quick, and eating a tasty cake is more fun than burning paper, and more child friendly.

Did you never read the back of match packets! Fire kills children!

Anyways I DILDed last night after eating up the sigil, That's my fourth ever LD and the first one that I think I've geniunely brought about on purpose!

#78:  Author: Traveler PostPosted: Mon 18 Jun, 2007
    ----
I cant believe this is working fir some people! eek2

kiekeboe

#79:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Mon 18 Jun, 2007
    ----
Why the heck wouldn't it work for some people? eek2

And I agree with idle. Fire does kill children.

#80:  Author: cue5c PostPosted: Sun 08 Jul, 2007
    ----
Well I figured out the solution to my problem, and I found out by not trying to find out. So I found out I ended up charging the Sigil while drawing it, and putting it away (never to be looked at again) to save for charging it later (when I thought it wasn't charged) Almost all the things came true..

#81:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Sun 08 Jul, 2007
    ----
Great that you're having some success. Bjork would be proud, cue5c. :D

#82:  Author: cue5c PostPosted: Sun 08 Jul, 2007
    ----
Bjork is proud, Genkai...but not because of me, but because she DECLARED INDEPENDENCE!

#83:  Author: exshade PostPosted: Fri 13 Jul, 2007
    ----
I havn't fully got it yet.
Iv'e drawn a sigil, but everyone I drew was easy to remember.
Anyway, do I charge before or while the gnostic state, and by charging do you mean imagining the sigil or actualy while looking on the paper with the drawn sigil?

#84:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Fri 13 Jul, 2007
    ----
(I'd like to preface this by saying: If you hold these beliefs and enjoy them and their practices, good for you. But I have decided that they weren't for me.) I've removed all references to Chaos Magick and Psi in this topic and every LD4all post I ever made. New understanding has discredited many of my former belief systems.

Chaos Magick is essentially a Satirical Parody Religion much like The Order of the Flying Spaghetti Monster and it is merely dressed up hypnosis.

Psionics is mostly a Conspiracy Theory and a notion that I wish to distance myself from as far as possible.

My wishful thinking has caused me to adopt these faulty beliefs, and now I'm living a much more lucid lifestyle without them.)

ANYWAY, Sigils still work if you ignore the "Magic" implications and take it for subliminal messaging on speed.

Exshade, just visualize it in your mind under hypnosis and then destroy it. Your SC will get the message.

Last edited by Genkai on Sat 14 Jul, 2007; edited 2 times in total

#85:  Author: ilovelucid PostPosted: Fri 13 Jul, 2007
    ----
I think it's a great subliminal messaging technique and I'm going to try it, I just have one problem. No matter WHAT I do or how much I believe I'm going to be "hypnotized" or go into "gnosis" etc... I cannot. I have never been able to be hypnotized and it takes me about an hour to fall asleep each night, I just have a problem going into states that aren't normal consciousness. If you have any idea of how to help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

#86:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Fri 13 Jul, 2007
    ----
Ah. Therein lies your problem: your attitude. wink5

Note how you phrased your problem.

ilovelucid wrote:
No matter WHAT I do or how much I believe I'm going to be "hypnotized" or go into "gnosis" etc... I cannot.

If you don't believe that you will go into hypnosis, it will not work.

The three steps:

I. Misdirected Attention

II. Belief

III. Expectation

As long as you fulfill those three fields, you will go into hypnosis. That's it. Simple, so simple in fact that people make too much of a fuss about doing it the "right way" and don't relax enough for it to work.

There are some good Hypnosis MP3s on the Internet, but I don't have any links on hand. Just search around a bit; they're there.

#87:  Author: Ultimate7777 PostPosted: Fri 13 Jul, 2007
    ----
This is quite a bit like The Secret on speed. Not to say I'm a believer of The Secret, but you know I like to keep an open mind. Heaven knows there's so many things we've yet to discover, and we hardly know everything about the subconscious mind.

Just finished making a sigil and, while drawing--that is, making it purty--I charged it. This 'gnosis' state (it's like a trance, no?) is something I can bring on at will sometimes by drawing distractedly.

I then burned it and ta-da! I'm ready to go to sleep. Will report with results in the morning.

Does that sound about right, Genkai?

#88:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Fri 13 Jul, 2007
    ----
Nice execution, Ultimate. Burning it makes it oh so much more effective and an estimated 30 percent more badass.

Good job, I can't wait for your results in the morning. :D

#89:  Author: Hapexamendios PostPosted: Fri 13 Jul, 2007
    ----
Genkai wrote:
Psionics is mostly a Conspiracy Theory and a notion that I wish to distance myself from as far as possible.

Could you please elaborate?

#90:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Fri 13 Jul, 2007
    ----
EDIT: Forgot to mention what Psipog is. It's widely regarded as the best site on "Psi", an invisible energy like Ki, Chi, Prana, whatever. It is the largest propagator of the Psi Belief System.

Sean Connely was the creator of Psipog. After reading his Blog, alittleweird.com, his credibility began to wane a bit. His most recent Blog post that I remember was headlined I am Probably Insane. His only real posts on his Youtube account smlefo are politically-oriented and two of him using his "powers" to win $50 from the lottery.

Abruptly shutting down such a... fishy website (Psipog) on the grounds that it fulfilled its purpose didn't help either. Majority of the people on the Psipog forum were DragonBall Z obsessed hopefuls between the ages of eleven and thirteen trying to assemble psiballs with the power of their minds. Therefore any hope of the forum itself constituting evidence is, in effect, shot to Hell. meh Even he said, in his reasons for closing the site, that he never had any success with Psi excluding Astral Projection.

The videos, the only remaining scrap of potential truth on the site, could have been easily, and I mean easily, faked. I, being an experienced Magician, could tell you that nothing in that section constitutes what could even be mistaken for evidence. Even they mention that the videos will not prove anything to anyone, just strengthen the hope that current believers have in Psi. I smell a hoax.

Of course, I always value Subjective Experience, but my only progress in this imaginary field, during the course of multiple months, was having my hands' muscles freeze up while trying to make an energy ball. Bollocks, did that waste my time... PK Wheels prove nothing, they are entirely too sensitive to use them as grounds that you have Extrasensory powers.

Now I'm sure that there are things that lie beyond the scope of our senses, but Psi? As far as I'm concerned, it's not one of them. Hate to be a stickler here, but I want evidence.

But Science doesn't have the technology to detect it!

Call me back when it does, because until then, I'm not going to spend my valuable time on some Psychic things that most likely don't exist.

The Conspiracy Theory thing:

That Scientists have already found it and don't want people to know about it or something to that effect. It was fabricated to make Psi followers feel special, I suppose.

Those that believe that they did get results, it was likely a hallucination of sorts under hypnosis, and going under hypnosis is the only real byproduct of the commonly accepted steps to make a psiball. Misdirected attention, belief, expectation, it's all there. I believe that Mr. Connely fits this bill. Didn't seem like he was lying in his anecdotes, maybe he is simply insane like his blog post alluded to. Others may have simply been lying for attention, which shouldn't surprise anyone.

Again, no offense intended to any, just putting my experience out there.

Uhh... Keep up the Sigilwork everyone. tumbsuplinkswitteduim

#91:  Author: ilovelucid PostPosted: Fri 13 Jul, 2007
    ----
Hmmm, I was a big fan of PsiPog until a while ago when I lost interest because I was having no success except with feeling a gravitational pull between my hands when making a "PsiBall." Like yourself. The only reason I'm saying this is that I think I just found a way to go into a hypnosis-like state and focus on a sigil. Cool.

#92:  Author: exshade PostPosted: Fri 13 Jul, 2007
    ----
Havn't yet done it properly (BTW thanks for the tips)
But for the last two nights since I first tried it (tried it wrong) but altough I didn't had LD my dreams were very clear (which is something rare to me) and I remember myself being obsessive about the sigils and seen the sigils Iv'e drawn in real life in my dream, so even if I didn't quite did it right (I guess tonight I will do it right) it is showing signs that it might just work.

#93:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Sat 14 Jul, 2007
    ----
Well, even if you tried it "wrong", as long as you believed it would work, it would still work, just not as well. Glad to hear that it may be having a good effect on your normal dreams as well. :D

#94:  Author: MovieMe PostPosted: Sat 14 Jul, 2007
    ----
Could someone explain to me what the heck this is all about? What is a sigil (I'm not english tounge2) and is this technique all about? I try reading the first post but I understand nothing. Sure, I understand the words but I can't put it to something that actually makes sence. I should draw a little something to....?????

#95:  Author: MovieMe PostPosted: Sat 14 Jul, 2007
    ----
Could someone explain to me what the heck this is all about? What is a sigil (I'm not english tounge2) and is this technique all about? I try reading the first post but I understand nothing. Sure, I understand the words but I can't put it to something that actually makes sence. I should draw a little something to....?????

#96:  Author: exshade PostPosted: Sat 14 Jul, 2007
    ----
Basicly it creating a symbol (or image, still the same) which is a message for your subconscious to have lucid dream that encrypted like an image that your subconscious will learn, it like autosuggestion, but far more effective (or at least supposed to be)

#97:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Sat 14 Jul, 2007
    ----
No prob, MovieMe. tounge2

To start off, a Sigil is a picture that stands for what you want to do.

In the Sigil-Induced Lucid Dreaming technique, you get the Sigil to stand for your intention to have Lucid Dreams.

This is done by taking your intention and turning it into a sentence like "I will have a Lucid Dream." Afterwards, you need to put it in picture form, so you take the individual letters and make them into a small picture that you can easily visualize. Just take some of the letters and make a doodle.

Next you imagine your picture in a focused state of mind so your Subconscious gets the message.

Lastly, you destroy the picture and forget about it so you don't end up trying too hard.

Your Subconscious will allow you to realize that you are dreaming without you having to do a thing.

#98:  Author: exshade PostPosted: Sat 14 Jul, 2007
    ----
One more question (and hopefuly last), by forgeting do you mean stop thinking about the sigil or realy forgeting it so you can't recreate the image in your mind anymore?

#99:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Sat 14 Jul, 2007
    ----
Both, actually, exshade.

You don't really need to forget that you ever made it, though that works even better. Just stop trying to think about it and let the Sigil go into Long Term Memory where your Subconscious can eat it up like Ice Cream. grin

#100:  Author: exshade PostPosted: Sat 14 Jul, 2007
    ----
Oh thanks.
BTW in order to maximize my results Iv'e installed a program that flashes images onto the screen many time for very brief moments, it suppose to blast my subconscious with the sigils without actualy allowing me to look at them and remember them, do you think this might work?

#101:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Sat 14 Jul, 2007
    ----
The Subliminal Blaster? Love it. Works really well even though it can get distracting sometimes.

#102:  Author: exshade PostPosted: Sat 14 Jul, 2007
    ----
Oh I used another program called Subliminal Images, it supports images rather then text, but could be cool to combine both graphic and mantric sigils

#103:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Sat 14 Jul, 2007
    ----
It supports Images? That's amazing! Makes the Technique easy as hell, too.

*Genkai goes to download Subliminal Images.

#104:  Author: exshade PostPosted: Sat 14 Jul, 2007
    ----
Probably the two most useful LD software smile

#105:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Sat 14 Jul, 2007
    ----
Agreed. smile

#106:  Author: exshade PostPosted: Sat 14 Jul, 2007
    ----
I think you struck gold here, altough I havn't had a full lucid dream from this method (I'm realy skeptic all day long so at night it kinda looses so only WILD had a good effect on me and also kinda rarely), since I began working with the sigils my dreams drastically improved, in the first night it was like a regular dream but my I could remember a lot more information from my dream, in the second night my dreams became a lot clearer and the dream recall also improved and last night my dreames became very vivid and clear, and the dream recall extremely improved as I can remember about 70% of my dreams last night as opposed to about 15% in every regual night, I guess that very soon I will become aware that I'm dreaming.

The bottom line - This method is highly recommended, and from what Iv'e seen, it have a very high success rate.
Thanks Genkai!

#107:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Sun 15 Jul, 2007
    ----
Glad to help, exshade. For those of us that get driven mad by MILD, such as I, this is probably the way to go. :D

#108:  Author: MovieMe PostPosted: Sun 15 Jul, 2007
    ----
Finally I get it. Brilliant!

#109:  Author: Ultimate7777 PostPosted: Sun 15 Jul, 2007
    ----
Well, I completely forgot to report my results! In fact, I forgot about my dream completely until seeing this thread and remembering sigils.

I wasn't lucid, but in hindsight, all I had 'asked' of the sigil was to remember my last dream of the night in vivid detail. And I did. It was, in fact, the most detailed and life-like dream that I can remember.

Albeit, I have been eating bananas, self-hypnotizing, etc., etc., but I believe the sigil and consequent autosuggestion did most of the work.

I'm going to try it again, tonight (as I was unable to yesterday).

#110:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Sun 15 Jul, 2007
    ----
Good luck tonight, Ultimate. This time make your Sigil a bit more specific. :D

#111:  Author: exshade PostPosted: Mon 16 Jul, 2007
    ----
Another question
Do I have to make a new sigil everytime the effects are weaker?
And if doing every night another sigil can improve results?

#112:  Author: Genkai PostPosted: Mon 16 Jul, 2007
    ----
Yes and yes. Whenever you have a dryspell, just make another one. :D

#113:  Author: exshade PostPosted: Mon 16 Jul, 2007
    ----
Cool, thanks once again!

#114:  Author: togro PostPosted: Mon 17 Jan, 2011
    ----
It didn't work for me last night. But it says this week, so I have six more tries. If it doesn't work, I can try agin Sunday.

#115:  Author: AnonymousZ PostPosted: Tue 18 Jan, 2011
    ----
Haha thanks for the bump.
I now have a new technique to attempt to get my first LD.

#116:  Author: luizgall PostPosted: Tue 18 Jan, 2011
    ----
Awesome. Thanks for this! Just great! :D

#117:  Author: Resa PostPosted: Wed 19 Jan, 2011
    ----
Thank you thank you thank you!

I hadn't had any LD's last two weeks, and so I tried this.
IT WORKED!! Immediately, same night, first try!

Was a short LD though, but still!

#118:  Author: Wulf PostPosted: Wed 19 Jan, 2011
    ----
Thanks for posting in this old topic! Now it is reborn. This looks really interesting, I want to try it too smile.

#119:  Author: AnonymousZ PostPosted: Wed 19 Jan, 2011
    ----
Would this be effective for people who have never had a LD before?

#120: ld Author: Resa PostPosted: Wed 19 Jan, 2011
    ----
AnonymousZ wrote:
Would this be effective for people who have never had a LD before?

Yes, I think so. Why not try this combined with other methodes?

#121:  Author: luizgall PostPosted: Wed 19 Jan, 2011
    ----
It worked for me: I had a LD ( but lasts only 10 sec) and I could remember other 3 ND in the same night!

#122:  Author: togro PostPosted: Thu 20 Jan, 2011
    ----
So far no lucid dreams, but I am getting amazing clarity on my dreams. I can remember almost all of the dreams I've had without even writing them down! Of course, now I have a problem with writing them down now...

#123:  Author: Liquid Chameleon PostPosted: Sun 23 Jan, 2011
    ----
I don't really understand this... Now, I have to create a sigil that doesn't need to have an obvious meaning, I understand that, but how exactly do I "charge" a sigil? Can I charge it right before attempting WILD?

I usually make a bit of relaxation excercises before trying to WILD. As I understand, I could perhaps focus on that sigil then, remember it, and then I should try to forget it?

#124:  Author: snowleopard PostPosted: Thu 24 Feb, 2011
    ----
i do NOT know how to do self hypnosis sadblauw i know meditation though...can that work? eek2 or even better is it the same thing??? notify <<< LOL

#125:  Author: Unikko PostPosted: Sat 02 Apr, 2011
    ----
I tried making a sigil earlier this week and had an absolutely wonderful LD about two nights later. My sigil was to have exactly one LD every week, so I can't be sure yet if the dream I had was from the sigil or just my abnormal confidence in having one. Now I can't wait for next week's dreams! ^^

LD4all » Quest for Lucidity

Page 1 of 1
printed from the LD4all.com lucid dreaming forum. Content copyrighted by the author.
Lucid dreamers unite! visit LD4all.com