The BIG Reality Check topic, part IV
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  :| |:
LD4all » Quest for Lucidity

#136:  Author: Lincourtz PostPosted: Sat 16 Nov, 2013
    ----
So is there a method to prompt your concience to make a reality check within a dream other than doing it often in real life? Cuz ive been reading this read for a quite long time now and i see that people do RC with stuff they've got at hand in real life, but when im dreaming i hardly have anything around that will prompt a reality check, in fact, its like im there but i dont even see my own body, let alone check for something with text or a vending machine or stuff in my room (i never dream about locations im familiar with)

#137:  Author: Thorn PostPosted: Sat 16 Nov, 2013
    ----
Lincourtz, whether you "see" your body or not, you should be able to do RCs with it. I don't look for my hand when I go to pinch my nose; I and other humans have proprioception, so I can guide my hand to my nose with little thought. If you have a head in-dream, why not try putting pressure on your tongue with your teeth? I and some other people have found this to be an effective, discreet RC that results in having no tongue to bite in dreams. Surely you can do a body-based RC if you put your mind to it.

Also, I think you want to say "conscious mind", as your conscience is your inner sense of wanting to do the right thing. smile

#138:  Author: Lincourtz PostPosted: Sun 17 Nov, 2013
    ----
Thank you very much, i still dont know much of the terminology and im trying to get used to it. ill keep going with my reality checks and see how it turns out!

LD4all » Quest for Lucidity

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  :| |:
Page 10 of 10
printed from the LD4all.com lucid dreaming forum. Content copyrighted by the author.
Lucid dreamers unite! visit LD4all.com