The BIG Reality Check topic, part IV
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  :| |:
LD4all » Quest for Lucidity

#76:  Author: GreenDragon PostPosted: Sun 09 Mar, 2008
    ----
Revolve wrote:
I've done like 70 RC's today xD Do you think i'll do one in my dream too?

Although there is no guarantee as sometimes it can take a little while for the idea to penetrate your sub-consious, (Hopefully it won't be long. wink5 ) It's possible, especially since you must have been thinking about Lucid dreaming quite a lot today to do that many RCs. smile

#77:  Author: Revolve PostPosted: Sun 09 Mar, 2008
    ----
Quote:
Although there is no guarantee as sometimes it can take a little while for the idea to penetrate your sub-consious, (Hopefully it won't be long. ) It's possible, especially since you must have been thinking about Lucid dreaming quite a lot today to do that many RCs.

Heh, I have'nt been thinking about anything else but lucid dreaming today xD

#78:  Author: xXLDloverXx PostPosted: Mon 10 Mar, 2008
    ----
This works for me soo well. whenever you walk through a door, do a rc. it works because doors are always in most dreams so whenever you walk through a door in a dream you do a rc. i had a ld last night cus of it. i walked through my bedroom door and did an rc by checking what i wrote on my hand (dream). it didnt say anything like it it said ' ld41'.

#79:  Author: Revolve PostPosted: Mon 10 Mar, 2008
    ----
I have a question; when you do a RC, should you tell yourself something, like "I will do this in my dream" or do you just do 'em? Does it make any difference?

Also, can you just do RC's at random? Or should you do a RC everytime you see something, say for example orange?

#80:  Author: GreenDragon PostPosted: Mon 10 Mar, 2008
    ----
Revolve wrote:
I have a question; when you do a RC, should you tell yourself something, like "I will do this in my dream" or do you just do 'em? Does it make any difference?

Also, can you just do RC's at random? Or should you do a RC everytime you see something, say for example orange?

There are a couple of techniques you can use with reality checks that I can think of.
You can try to train yourself to do RCs when you see things IWL that show up often in your dreams. I have had an LD from this technique so it's the one I'd recommend. wink5
Another one I heard about was, you do as many reality checks as possible in the day. I think this probably works by making you think about Lucid dreaming a lot. smile
There is also a technique where you would imagine a dream you have had recently and imagine yourself doing an RC in it and getting lucid, hoping that next time you encounter that element in your dreams, you will RC. :D

#81:  Author: kTFox PostPosted: Tue 11 Mar, 2008
    ----
Revolve wrote:

From what I remember from EWLD:
1. Do a reality check
2. Ask yourself "I'm not dreaming now but if I were to be dreaming what would it be like?"
3. Imagine what it would be like if it would be a dream.

It goes on something along those lines.

Revolve wrote:
Or should you do a RC everytime you see something, say for example orange?

Doing a RC every time you see something is what describes a dream sign. Every time you see that dream sign you will do a RC.

#82:  Author: BassMastaMike PostPosted: Wed 19 Mar, 2008
    ----
kt4all wrote:
Doing a RC every time you see something is what describes a dream sign. Every time you see that dream sign you will do a RC.

I know this is partially off-topic, but can a dream sign be a type of lighting in the dream, or is that just a general factor of dreams and extremely common? Just curious

#83:  Author: kTFox PostPosted: Thu 20 Mar, 2008
    ----
BassMastaMike wrote:
kt4all wrote:

I know this is partially off-topic, but can a dream sign be a type of lighting in the dream, or is that just a general factor of dreams and extremely common? Just curious

It could be a dreamsign, if you see that certain kind of lighting in most of your dreams. A dreamsign can be anything that reoccurs in your dreams.

#84:  Author: LadyBa PostPosted: Tue 22 Apr, 2008
    ----
I use to dream with weird creatures a lot... like demons, monsters, ghosts, aliens... So what should I do? Look at my hand every time i see a demon?

#85:  Author: GreenDragon PostPosted: Thu 24 Apr, 2008
    ----
LadyBa wrote:
I use to dream with weird creatures a lot... like demons, monsters, ghosts, aliens... So what should I do? Look at my hand every time i see a demon?

If your dream-sign is not likely to show up in reality then there are a couple of ways you can try to train your self to RC. You can imagine a dream you had recently in which they showed up and imagine yourself doing an RC in it. You could also try to associate RCing to the demons, when you see them on T.V for instance. smile

#86:  Author: Napier PostPosted: Wed 18 Jun, 2008
    ----
The "sticking a finger through the hand/palm" method is an unreliable reality check (leastwise for me). It helped me to reach lucidity for the first time, but secondly I was unable to do it so I needed to do the "holding the nose" method to be sure i'm really lucid.

By the way, today was the first occasion i reached lucidity. smile

#87:  Author: Traveler PostPosted: Wed 18 Jun, 2008
    ----
I close my mouth and try to breath though it.

#88:  Author: Tcc PostPosted: Wed 09 Jul, 2008
    ----
I just discovered a RC for me. It works if you wear glasses and it doesn't look awkward in public. I just look to see if I'm wearing my glasses since I usually never wear them in dreams.

#89:  Author: Morpheus :nuu: PostPosted: Wed 09 Jul, 2008
    ----
I normally try a million different RCs in my dream

I plug my nose
Look at my hands
Plug my nose
and then I look at my hands again

For some reason my hands are disformed in my dreams

#90:  Author: trophycase PostPosted: Wed 16 Jul, 2008
    ----
the nose breathing is my personal favorite. I don't use and true induction techniques, all i do is a couple RCs (nose breathing being my favorite.). As far as dependency and quickness go, the nose breathing one is by far the best in my oppinion. for me it works every time, and it's fast and easy. I have tried reading text in dreams before, and either i wake up before i can complete it, or i just don't have to focus to do it. and hands usually look the same for me.

LD4all » Quest for Lucidity

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  :| |:
Page 6 of 10
printed from the LD4all.com lucid dreaming forum. Content copyrighted by the author.
Lucid dreamers unite! visit LD4all.com