I know im going to sound crazy, but...
Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
LD4all » General Lucidness

#1: I know im going to sound crazy, but... Author: Seafolk PostPosted: Wed 11 Aug, 2010
    ----
.. What if this 'life' or this 'reality,' or whatever you want to call it, is actually one huge, extremely vivid, shared lucid dream. And our 'main consciousness' actually lies somewhere... else. Which would really mean when we dream, its a dream within a dream as in Inception.

#2:  Author: EllyEve PostPosted: Wed 11 Aug, 2010
    ----
But if our main consciousness lies somewhere else, doesn't mean that this is all a non-lucid dream? uhh If our main consciousness were here it would be lucid.

#3:  Author: Seafolk PostPosted: Wed 11 Aug, 2010
    ----
Sorry I phrased it wrong, I meant more or less our main entity of being.
But it could be our main counciousness, couldn't it? I haven't managed to become lucid yet but I assume when one is it feels like you are completely concious. So maybe in this life we just feel very vividly concious. Its just an idea haha :D

#4:  Author: Don Anonymus PostPosted: Wed 11 Aug, 2010
    ----
I don't approve... just my opinion.

I saw a lot of threads with "What if this is the dreamworld and the dreamworld is reality ?" and stuff like that. Nah... real life time lasts longer than a dream, it is a lot more vivid and too sophisticated to be a dream.

Don't take it personally, it's my opinion after all smile

#5:  Author: Kore PostPosted: Wed 11 Aug, 2010
    ----
The matrix has you!

#6:  Author: Seafolk PostPosted: Wed 11 Aug, 2010
    ----
Of course that's your opinion, its nothing personal smile

Although, I wasn't suggesting the dream world is reality and this is a dream - not at all.

The dream world is definitely the dream world and this is definitely our reality. I just thought perhaps we have a 'higher self' which is our main entity before we are born and after we leave this world. So in effect before we are born we 'go to sleep' (figuratively) and wake up here. Then when we die we 're awaken' up there (or where ever this higher self is).

And as for this life being too long to be a dream - I agree, in our understanding of dreaming it is by far. But maybe this isn't within our understanding, yet :D

I wonder if I'm making any sense haha

#7:  Author: Don Anonymus PostPosted: Wed 11 Aug, 2010
    ----
In fact yes, you do make some sense. smile

Have you ever heard old people (60, 70 years old) saying something like "It seems like only yesterday I was playing football..." and start telling their stories from when they were young ? Well... that could be something related to what you are trying to explain.

Still, I 90% don't agree with it tounge1... and supposing you are right. How could we know ?

#8:  Author: Prashn64 PostPosted: Sat 14 Aug, 2010
    ----
Yes, I've thought about this concept quite a bit recently, mostly due to Inception. Something else to mull over is what if we just took a sort of "life" drug in another state of consciousness?

#9:  Author: Don Anonymus PostPosted: Sat 14 Aug, 2010
    ----
Prashn64 wrote:
Yes, I've thought about this concept quite a bit recently, mostly due to Inception. Something else to mull over is what if we just took a sort of "life" drug in another state of consciousness?

Sorry but... you don't make any sense right now (for me)

#10: Re: I know im going to sound crazy, but... Author: Rhett PostPosted: Sun 15 Aug, 2010
    ----
OceansBreath wrote:
.. What if this 'life' or this 'reality,' or whatever you want to call it, is actually one huge, extremely vivid, shared lucid dream. And our 'main consciousness' actually lies somewhere... else. Which would really mean when we dream, its a dream within a dream as in Inception.
You've taken those words out of my mind sir. I have thought about that a lot. I know it ain't true but i do think about it

#11:  Author: Bejezt PostPosted: Sun 15 Aug, 2010
    ----
That is quite possibly... possible. tounge2
Many people can come up with their own theories and opinions, but the truth of the matter is, no one really knows. Most of us will continue living our mainstream lives, saying that this is reality, and our dreams are simply dreams.

But there could always be that small doubt, I suppose. That this is not reality, and maybe a dream? How could we know? Maybe its not as simple as becoming "lucid" in our dreams?
It could be that we may never come to realize it is a dream, as in, perhaps this is like a movie: We live in this "dreamworld" while the "real" dreamer is asleep. But when that dreamer wakes up, our "dream" life is put on pause, and we are completely unaware. Then when this dreamer goes to sleep, our dream lives (which would be what we consider "reality") continue as if there was never any interruption. Just some ideas/thoughts ^^ (Sorry if that was confusing xD)

Its difficult to say anything for sure, but the way things are, I suppose its easier to say that this is reality.

#12:  Author: Bombax PostPosted: Sun 15 Aug, 2010
    ----
Yes, and what if the Empire State Building just suddenly turned into a big banana split? You may think that's ridiculous, but what if?

#13:  Author: Kirbypowered PostPosted: Sun 15 Aug, 2010
    ----
Heh, I've thought about this before, even back when I was 10 or so. =P I think that it could be true. I mean, there's so much that we don't understand about this kind of thing that anything could be possible.

#14:  Author: Don Anonymus PostPosted: Tue 17 Aug, 2010
    ----
Don Anonymus wrote:
and supposing you are right. How could we know ?

We are thinking about it, we know it's likely not to be true, but we can't know if it's true or not, so... why think ? ^^

#15:  Author: KauaiDreamer PostPosted: Tue 17 Aug, 2010
    ----
According to a lot of Tibetans and other people in this world, the life we live really is a dream! I fully believe this as well, and have made it my life's goal to snap out of it! Not been successful so far, but I do believe we all have to capability to become enlightened.

LD4all » General Lucidness

Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 2
printed from the LD4all.com lucid dreaming forum. Content copyrighted by the author.
Lucid dreamers unite! visit LD4all.com