Painfully long.
LD4all » Quest for Lucidity

#1: Painfully long. Author: PerfectSense PostPosted: Sun 08 Jan, 2012
    ----
Hi,

I have a 2 questions to ask you guys. :D
It normally takes me around 1 hour!! to fall sleep, sometimes even more!! The questions are:
Could this help me in anyway unknown to me to have lucid dreams?
if not,
how can i change this?

Thanks alot for taking the time to read this and thanks in advance for any reply i get. Much love!

Andres
PerfectSense

#2:  Author: Faraday PostPosted: Sun 08 Jan, 2012
    ----
I had difficulties to fall asleep before, now i'm making up a story and I usually fall asleep.
It's like doing VILD ( http://www.ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=42072 ) .
You should give it a try.

#3:  Author: Presence of Light PostPosted: Sun 08 Jan, 2012
    ----
Its important to balance staying up late until you are tried with going to sleep at a reasonable bed time based on when you need to get up.
What works really well which I will post as a technique is to take inhalations through the left nostril before sleeping. Between 5 and 40. This activates the half of our brain associated with sleep and resting. It's done by gently shutting the right nostril by pressing it with a finger. I told even someone who never tried it before about it and she said it worked great. Its not imagination.

#4:  Author: BeRightBack PostPosted: Sun 08 Jan, 2012
    ----
Being able to quickly fall asleep makes WBTB easier, so trying to shorten this long time to fall asleep would be beneficial.

Here's a guide on this subject that might do the trick for you:
http://lucidology.com/101/pdf/lucidology-101-p4-5%20n ew-sleep-commands-www-lucidology-com.pdf (it's pretty informational if you skip the advertising wink )

#5:  Author: PerfectSense PostPosted: Mon 09 Jan, 2012
    ----
Thanks alot for your reply! i will read the guide asap! This problem always ruins my sleep time. Hopefully this helps me get a better night sleep.

Much love

Andres
PerfectSense

LD4all » Quest for Lucidity

Page 1 of 1
printed from the LD4all.com lucid dreaming forum. Content copyrighted by the author.
Lucid dreamers unite! visit LD4all.com