LC 13 - TM: Blue&White - winner: relV
LC 14 - TM: relV - winner: GHOSTIE11
LC 15 - TM: GHOSTIE11 - winner: unknownuser33
LC 16 - TM: Danielns13 - winner: rkr7
LC 17 - TM: Angelmouse - winner: pasQuale
LC 18 - TM: Magnus - winner: Amaryllis
LC 19 - TM: Amaryllis - winner: Dryalantha
LC 20 - TM: Dryalantha - winner: Shadow Dreamer and Amaryllis
LC 21 - TM: Dryalantha - winner: Undecided (but probably Wyvern)
LC 22 - TM: Danilens 13 - winner: tosxyChor
LC 23 - TM: tosxyChor - winner: Wyvern
LC 24 - TM: Wyvern - winner: tosxyChor
LC 25 - TM: Rhewin - winner: Solaris
LC 26 - TM: Solaris - winner: Rhewin
LC 27 - TM: tosxyChor - winner: Rhewin
LC 28 - TM: Rhewin - winner: Siiw
LC 29 – TM: Siiw – winner: Rhewin
LC 30 – TM: Puce – winner: Wega
LC 31 - TM: Mimmo0 - winner: Limitles
LC 32 - TM: Limitles - winner: Nicklebrick
LC 33 - TM: Nicklebrick - winner: elnaureth
LC 34 - TM: elnaureth- winner: DreamSailor

Welcome to LC #35! I, Ysim, will be your host this round. I hope this challenge will be fun and exciting for everyone, and will help you all bring your skills to the next level!

The LC is a method that has been carried out in order to motivate participants in their quests for lucidity and provide them with short-term goals that will hopefully be interesting and enjoyable. It is an opportunity for lucid dreamers to improve their dream-skills and creativity, while also competing with other dreamers for the chance to host the next LC.

The following are the rules.

LD Points

You get these just for having an LD! You do not have to complete a task to get these, so post any and every lucid experience!

Points awarded for each dream:
- You wonder if you're dreaming. + 5pts
- You become lucid but wake up shortly after or lose lucidity very quickly (generally 30 seconds or less for most dreamers). + 10pts
- Short LD: You have whatever you would consider to be short according to typical LD's you've had in the past. + 20pts
- Medium/Average LD: You have what you would consider a medium length LD. This should be the average length of most of your dreams up to this point. + 30pts
- Long LD: You have what you would consider a long LD. + 40pts

Everybody is to provide an average length on signup (unless you have never had an LD before), and point calculating will be done accordingly.

For those who have never had a lucid dream before, there will be no short LD option. Dreams over 30 seconds and less than 5 minutes will be considered medium length, and dreams over 5 minutes will be considered long LDs.

A dream is considered a single one until you get out of bed and/or write down your dreams.

If you have your first lucid dream while the Challenge is running you will get +75 points!

If you become lucid through a technique you never succeeded with before, I will also award +50 bonus points to you. If you're about to try a new technique, or are simply new to lucid dreaming and want to find out which technique suits you best, this is your chance. However, these extra points are not awarded for your first ever lucid dream. (Please be clear about this when you report your dream, because I don't want an extra entry in the signup form for each technique succeeded with so far.)

As you can see, this scoring system is very subjective. This is because different people have different average lengths for lucid dreams. What one person may consider short (5 minutes) may be someone else's medium, and so on. This is so people can work on improving their own personal bests. It encourages the more advanced LD'ers to work hard too. To help you get a definite idea of what your usual duration is, you must post your average (or medium) LD time when you sign up.

Chaining and regaining lucidity: Every time you chain or get back your lucidity from having lost it, you are awarded 5 points. However, the new LD is counted as a continuation of the previous one; so, for example, you can have a medium LD, then chain and raise the LD score to that of a long one.

Task Points

These are the points you are awarded for attempting, and completing, the various tasks. You do not have to be lucid to complete a task, but you will earn the most points while lucid. Each task will have different ways of rewarding points, and they will be explained as each task is posted.

You will earn points for completing the tasks as they are set, but you might earn more points if you do it in your personal style or as part of achieving one of your own goals. I can also award bonus points for outstanding creativity or spectacular solutions, but no more than 10 points per night and person.

Any task can be attempted any number of times; however, the scores are not cumulative among the same task. Only the best score is awarded for each one. (Example: You earn 50 points on first attempt but only 20 on the second. You will only earn points from the first.)

For each task, the following bonuses can be awarded:
+30 lucid points (for any task accomplished while lucid; this is separate from LD points)
+20 early points (for completing the last task active when you go to sleep)
+10 creativity points (for using creative solutions in your LDs)

Base idea for awarding points in each task:
Generally, points for each task will be assigned as follows:

1. Completing the basic task. (30-50 pts)
2. Completing secondary tasks. (10-50 pts)
3. Points earned per action or variation. (5-20 pts per tick)

Quest Points

The monthly Quest counts as a task, and awards 50 points for completion.

Personal Goal/Task

When you sign up, also give your personal task(s). That is, a task that is one of your goals for LD'ing. I will award up to 120 points in total per person for completing your tasks.

If you submit one personal goal, you will earn 120 points for completing it. This cannot be repeated. If you submit several goals, you will get 120 points divided by the number of tasks you submit for each one that you complete. For example, if you have five goals, completing one will award you 24 points.

Be careful, personal goals and average LD lengths cannot be changed while the challenge runs.

Deadlines and Calculation

New tasks will be posted on Fridays (exact time TBD). I will accept entries as late as exactly one day after the next task is posted for early points. The reason for this is the variation in time zones between LD4all members.

If you have any questions about deadlines, please PM me.

You have two options for the point calculation process:
You either write whole dreams here or post a link to your online DJ.
Or you can just specify which basic task and secondary tasks and repetitions you completed, and your points will be calculated accordingly. However, by doing this, you will lose your chance of getting creativity bonus points.

Don't worry about the point calculations, I will be calculating all the scores. (It is required, given the possibility of bonus points.)

If you feel I made an error in points, please PM me immediately and I will either explain or correct. We are here to have fun, so if you and I disagree on how many points you have earned, please do not make a scene. If you don't like how I award points, then win the LC so you can make up your own rules!

As per tradition, the Challenge will be open to up to 20 participants with a minimum of 10. When the minimum amount is reached, the first task will be posted as soon as possible.

This challenge will last for six weeks, one task per week.

I'll allow signups after the first task is posted, but not if this means we reach more than 20 participants.

Sign-up List

1. Scipio Xaos; 3 Minutes; Find the Lucid Switch
  2. fennecgirl; 2 Minutes; Find Dream Guide, Meet CALD characters, Revisit Old Dream and find out what's happened since last visit, Teleport
  3. Mason; 6 Minutes; (1) Shapeshift Completely into a dragon, (2) Dive into the sun.
  4. MagykKatte; 5 minutes; visit Victorian London
  5. Lucid Wolf; 4 minutes; Fly, jump or climb to the top of the Great Pyramid
  6. Thorn; 4 minutes; Control a fifth limb (tail, arm, leg, etc.)
  7. Rhewin; 5-7 minutes; Defeat Xander in our lucid duel! (It'll happen someday)
  8. demented; 1 minute; 1. Communicate with my SC. 2. Have lucidity for more than 10 minutes. 3. During whole contest gather 21 lucid dream (an LD every two days).
  9. (Sandy); (5 min); (Get out of always being indoors or cityscape))
  10. Nicklebrick; 20-30 Minutes; read a novel/story a random DC has wrote down
  11. DaveTheJoker; 1 minute; Ask a DC: "Am I dreaming?"
  12. Czaranis, 4-5 minutes, FUS RO DAH!
  13. Samick, 20-30 seconds, become lucid at least once a week, ask a DC "What you represent?", listen to music created by my SC.

Last edited by Ysim on Fri 23 Nov, 2012; edited 7 times in total

#2: FIRST! Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Mon 23 Jul, 2012
    ----
Let me at it! biggrin I needs the motivations!

#3:  Author: fennecgirl PostPosted: Mon 23 Jul, 2012
    ----
fennecgirl; 2 minutes; find my dream guide, meet my CALD characters, revisit an old dream to find out what's happened since I left, and teleport

Last edited by fennecgirl on Mon 23 Jul, 2012; edited 1 time in total

#4:  Author: Masonc1 PostPosted: Mon 23 Jul, 2012
    ----
3. Mason; About six minutes; (1)I'd like to completely become a dragon, because I like transformation, and (2) to help with my ability to travel, and for something really silly, I think I should attempt to dive into the sun.

I get lucid a lot now, but I haven't gotten much of what I set out to do done. I hope this helps me change it c:

#5:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Tue 24 Jul, 2012
    ----

2. fennecgirl; 2 Minutes; Find Dream Guide, Meet CALD characters, Revisit Old Dream and find out what's happened since last visit, Teleport
  3. Mason; 6 Minutes; (1) Shapeshift Completely into a dragon, (2) Help with Ability to Travel, (3) Dive into the sun.

I fixed the list for you guys. Feel free to change anything I copied from y'alls post's wrong, okay?

#6:  Author: Masonc1 PostPosted: Tue 24 Jul, 2012
    ----
Scipio Xaos wrote:

3. Mason; 6 Minutes; (1) Shapeshift Completely into a dragon, (2) Help with Ability to Travel, (3) Dive into the sun.

I fixed the list for you guys. Feel free to change anything I copied from y'alls post's wrong, okay?

My 2 and 3 are really the same thing. I can't dive into the sun if I have poor travel abilities. You know?

#7:  Author: MagykKatte PostPosted: Tue 24 Jul, 2012
    ----

#8:  Author: Lucid Wolf PostPosted: Wed 25 Jul, 2012
    ----

Thank you for hosting this -- sounds like fun! Good luck, all.

#9:  Author: Masonc1 PostPosted: Thu 26 Jul, 2012
    ----

3. Mason; 6 Minutes; (1) Shapeshift Completely into a dragon, (2) Dive into the sun.

I'm just fixing what I intended my goal to be for... "Help with ability to travel" was never supposed to be different from "Dive into the sun", so I just removed that part of the description.

#10:  Author: Thorn PostPosted: Sat 28 Jul, 2012
    ----

Let's make it happen. Everybody join, this thing needs to start. :o

#11:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Sat 28 Jul, 2012
    ----

#12: ^^ Author: demented PostPosted: Fri 10 Aug, 2012
    ----

8. demented; 1 minute; 1. Communicate with my SC. 2. Have lucidity for more than 10 minutes. 3. During whole contest gather 21 lucid dream (an LD every two days).

---
I may suggest allow competitors with multiple personal goals to share their 120 personal goal points awards according to their preference.
If allowed, I would give myself 40 points for first goal, 30 for second goal, and 50 for third.

#13: Sign Up Author: sandy PostPosted: Thu 16 Aug, 2012
    ----
Sign-up List
1. (Sandy); (5 min); (Get out of always being indoors or cityscape))

#14: Re: ^^ Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Fri 17 Aug, 2012
    ----

Fixed wink5

#15:  Author: Nicklebrick PostPosted: Fri 17 Aug, 2012
    ----
I am having super issues with copy/paste and chrome, sorry for no official post, but i will be entering the LC as participant #10!

Goal=Update my DJ

And average LD time is 20-30 min

#16:  Author: DaveTheJoker PostPosted: Fri 17 Aug, 2012
    ----
I have no idea how to do this fancy list thing (it's late at night smile) but put me down as #11!

EDIT:

My lucid goal is to ask a DC if I am dreaming. My average LD time is about 10 seconds. (I have had 13 lucids, but all but one of them lasted a few seconds) We can change the average to something bigger if you want I dunno.

#17:  Author: Masonc1 PostPosted: Fri 17 Aug, 2012
    ----
Nicklebrick wrote:
Goal=Update my DJ

But you don't even have to be lucid for that goal xp

#18:  Author: fennecgirl PostPosted: Fri 17 Aug, 2012
    ----
Nicklebrick wrote:
Goal=Update my DJ

Like, in the dream, right?

#19:  Author: DaveTheJoker PostPosted: Fri 17 Aug, 2012
    ----
Ok I put me and Nicklebrick in there.

10. Nicklebrick; 20-30 Minutes; [Insert lucid goal here]

I'm going out of town for next week, but then I will be ready to kick butt.

#20:  Author: Nicklebrick PostPosted: Sat 18 Aug, 2012
    ----
Ok, ok, new lucid goal is = read a novel/story a random DC has wrote down turn3

#21:  Author: fennecgirl PostPosted: Sun 19 Aug, 2012
    ----
So... when are we starting?

#22:  Author: Czaranis PostPosted: Wed 29 Aug, 2012
    ----

#23:  Author: Samick PostPosted: Fri 31 Aug, 2012
    ----
13. Samick, 20-30 seconds, become lucid at least once a week, ask a DC "What you represent?", listen to music created by my SC.

#24:  Author: Ysim PostPosted: Sun 02 Sep, 2012
    ----

10. Nicklebrick; 20-30 Minutes; read a novel/story a random DC has wrote down

Alright, signups are closed. I'll be starting the challenge on Friday, probably in the early afternoon my time (GMT - 5). Will update the first post in just a moment.

This would also be a good time to review your goal. Make sure it's feasible, but not too easy. Also remember that the more goals you have, the less each is worth.

#25:  Author: Ysim PostPosted: Sat 08 Sep, 2012
    ----
Task 1 - Steal That Hat!

Hats? Who doesn't love hats? But you know what? People rarely have hat's when they become lucid. So for your first task, steal a hat from a DC.

Find a DC with a hat - 5pts
Attempt to take the hat, but fail - 5pts
Successfully take the hat, but lose it soon after - 20 pts
Successfully take the hat - 30pts
Find out it's a special hat - 5pts
(eg: Mario's winged hat, or that there's a key inside the brim)
Use said "bonus"/special ability - 15pts

Where else the hat takes you could be an interesting adventure tounge2

This task will close next Saturday at 18:00 GMT, when the next task is posted.

#26:  Author: Czaranis PostPosted: Sun 09 Sep, 2012
    ----
Muhahaha! This means I finally have an excuse to play TF2 again! Incubation ftw!

#27:  Author: Masonc1 PostPosted: Tue 11 Sep, 2012
    ----
My first LD since the contest started:
http://ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=687025#687025
I would classify it as a very short LD. I do not think I made it to a minute of being lucid this time. Neither my grandmother, the insane teenager, or I were wearing hats, and I lost all clothes at some point anyway.

#28:  Author: DaveTheJoker PostPosted: Tue 11 Sep, 2012
    ----
WOW I got lucky! I had my first LD in 4 months last night. I didn't even know the LC had started! Put my dream in the Spoiler Tags. This LD is long for ME, I about a minute, but we can mark it as average because it is still short by most standards. This was also my first time using lucid commands, or having any sort of dream control at all (even though it was minimal). Thanks!

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

#29:  Author: Lucid Wolf PostPosted: Tue 11 Sep, 2012
    ----
All right, cool to see this contest cranked up! Good luck everyone.

Achieved last night:
Short LD

This LD lasted about 3 minutes, just shy of my average of 4. Therefore, I'll classify it as "short".

Details of the dream:

#30:  Author: demented PostPosted: Wed 12 Sep, 2012
    ----
I wanned to incubate how I meet 11th Doctor and take his "fezz", whatever way it is spelled. But ended up being that Doctor myself. And there were plenty of V. van Gogh's hats there. Finally I made at least 2 dc's to wear it, also did that myself. During dream, I believe, EVERY part of the task happened at least once, except for hat being somewhat magical. And I wasn't lucid, yet, had some control.

#31:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Wed 12 Sep, 2012
    ----
Two short LD's over the last couple of days

#32:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Wed 12 Sep, 2012
    ----
A fragment.. Sigh. Not the way to end the NC or start the LC...

#33:  Author: fennecgirl PostPosted: Wed 12 Sep, 2012
    ----
I had a short LD last night.

#34:  Author: MagykKatte PostPosted: Wed 12 Sep, 2012
    ----
Short LD.

#35:  Author: mattias PostPosted: Wed 12 Sep, 2012
    ----
Ysim wrote:
Task 1 - Steal That Hat!

Just popping in to say that this challenge is brilliant! lach1

#36:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Thu 13 Sep, 2012
    ----
Here's three NDs. No hats yet, but I'm aiming for Notch's. tounge2

#37:  Author: Ansie PostPosted: Thu 13 Sep, 2012
    ----
Can I still join? tounge1 (I know it already started but I don't mind being a few days behind)

Edit: I find it very hard to judge how long a dream is. I guess my average is about 3 minutes. My personal goal would be to bend the elements in a LD (so like shooting fire from my hand, make a wall of water, let air lift me up and easily throw boulders around.)

#38:  Author: Koharo PostPosted: Thu 13 Sep, 2012
    ----
Ansie wrote:
Can I still join? tounge1 (I know it already started but I don't mind being a few days behind)

neutral Ditto...Ive been off track lately.

#39:  Author: Ysim PostPosted: Fri 14 Sep, 2012
    ----
Ansie, I can add you in, no problem. You can start with this first task, I'll count anything you post after this as being towards it.

Koharo, just need a goal and average dream length, then I'll add you in. Just try to get that to me before I announce the second task on Saturday.

After this though, no more new entries, I think 15 is a good number

Just under 40 hours left until I post the next task; tallying of scores will come shortly thereafter.

#40:  Author: Koharo PostPosted: Fri 14 Sep, 2012
    ----
I couldnt really calculate my LD time I'll go out on a limb and say my average is 4-5 minutes.

My LD goal for this event is to shuffle (the dance).

#41:  Author: Ansie PostPosted: Fri 14 Sep, 2012
    ----
Ysim wrote:

Just under 40 hours left until I post the next task; tallying of scores will come shortly thereafter.

I will do my best to find a hat this night then ^^

#42:  Author: Lucid Wolf PostPosted: Fri 14 Sep, 2012
    ----
I became lucid when I saw that my feet were highly distorted. Unfortunately, I got excited and woke up within just a few seconds.

I think this fits the description of "You become lucid but wake up shortly after or lose lucidity very quickly"

#43:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Fri 14 Sep, 2012
    ----
Two MOAR short lucids with the most recent being lost and saved twice.

Also, took some military guy's hat in an ND, did not wear it though.

#44:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Fri 14 Sep, 2012
    ----
Only a fragment.

#45:  Author: MagykKatte PostPosted: Fri 14 Sep, 2012
    ----
One long lucid and one medium lucid over the past two days smile

#46:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Sat 15 Sep, 2012
    ----
Only a Fragment and a ND here.

#47:  Author: Koharo PostPosted: Sun 16 Sep, 2012
    ----
Scipio Xaos wrote:
Only a Fragment and a ND here.

meh Ditto..but its better than when I was getting nothing at all..I'll try again

#48:  Author: Ysim PostPosted: Sun 16 Sep, 2012
    ----
Task 2 - Surfs Up

Summer's nearly over (for most of us), so let's give it one last hurrah and catch a few waves.

Acquire your surfboard - 5 pts
Find/Create waves to ride - 5 pts
Attempt to surf them, but fail - 5 pts
Successfully surf one - 10 pts
Successfully surf multiple - 20 pts Note: "One" or "Multiple" is an either or, not both.
Do some tricks - 5 pts each, up to 20 pts
Enjoy another adventure resulting from surfing - 5 pts

This task will close and the next will be posted next Saturday, around 18:00 GMT.

Scores coming soon.

#49:  Author: Ansie PostPosted: Sun 16 Sep, 2012
    ----
Does it still make sense (point wise) to do the previous one?

#50:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Sun 16 Sep, 2012
    ----
Fragment..

#51:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Mon 17 Sep, 2012
    ----
^ Double post demon. tounge2

Here's two NDs. No hats. No surfing.. tounge2

#52:  Author: Lucid Wolf PostPosted: Mon 17 Sep, 2012
    ----
I had a short lucid dream last night. (Length: 2 minutes.)

Dream details:

#53:  Author: Koharo PostPosted: Tue 18 Sep, 2012
    ----
I had an average LD on the last topic.
Time: about 5 minutes
Goal accomplished: To shuffle (the dance)
Objective: I recall suddenly wearing a hat, but I didnt take it.

#54:  Author: fennecgirl PostPosted: Wed 19 Sep, 2012
    ----
I had a medium LD last night.

#55:  Author: Lucid Wolf PostPosted: Wed 19 Sep, 2012
    ----
Last night I had another short lucid dream. (Length: Just over 1 minute.)

Dream details:

#56:  Author: DaveTheJoker PostPosted: Fri 21 Sep, 2012
    ----
Last night I became lucid but I woke up within seconds.

#57:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Fri 21 Sep, 2012
    ----
Only a Fragment from two nights ago, and only an ND from last night.

#58:  Author: Lucid Wolf PostPosted: Sun 23 Sep, 2012
    ----
I had what I consider a fairly long lucid dream last night. (The length was 7-8 minutes.)

Dream details:

#59:  Author: Ysim PostPosted: Mon 24 Sep, 2012
    ----
Scores up to NOW

1. Koharo - 30 + 120 = 150
  2. Lucid Wolf - 20 + 10 + 20 + 20 + 40 = 110
  3. Rhewin - 20 + 20 + 20 + 20 + 5 + 30 + 20 = 95
  4. MagykKatte - 20 + 30 + 40 = 90
  5. demented - 5 + 5 + 20 + 30 + 20 = 60
  6. DaveTheJoker - 40 + 10 50
  7. fennecgirl - 20 + 30 = 50
  8. Masonc1 - 10 = 10
  9. Scipio Xaos
  10. Mason
  11. Thorn
  12. Nicklebrick
  13. Czaranis
  14. (Sandy)
  15. Ansie

Lucid Points Task Points Personal Goal Points Total Points

#60:  Author: Ysim PostPosted: Mon 24 Sep, 2012
    ----
Task 3: The Dreamternet!

The internet is probably THE marvel of the modern world. It has a virtually unlimited potential to expand, too. So what does the internet in our dreams contain?

Find a connection to the internet (ie: a computer/smart phone/etc)- 5 pts
Connect to the internet - 10 pts
View some webpages, chats, or something - 20
View something above and beyond the real internet's capabilities - 10
Create an internet location (website, chat, other?) - 20

I fully anticipate the internet to be something more than just text and images displayed on a monitor, so terms like "webpage" and "chatroom" may not exactly be the most fitting, but I think they get the idea across. Good luck on your cyber dreams! :D

#61:  Author: Ansie PostPosted: Mon 24 Sep, 2012
    ----
Let's ask again, does it make sense point wise to also do the previous tasks?

Yesterday I had a dream in which I questioned reality, and I was convinced it wasn't real, but I didn't realise it was a dream and I lost the realisation that it was not real after 2 min or so. (I am not sure if this scores me points or not, but I wanted to mention it anyways tounge1)

#62:  Author: Ysim PostPosted: Mon 24 Sep, 2012
    ----
Oh, sorry Ansie, meant to answer that...

Yes, you can still get points for old tasks, however you miss out on the 20 point bonus for doing the current task.

#63:  Author: Thorn PostPosted: Mon 24 Sep, 2012
    ----
I had an ND last night in which I connected to the Internet via my laptop and somehow ended up with a printout of a webpage. Not the most thrilling ND, but at least my dreams are starting to relate to the task. tounge2

#64:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Mon 24 Sep, 2012
    ----
A short LD again, and unrelated to that LD, I connected to the internet in a dream of mine via my (old) iPhone. Got on irc and also browsed the news through Yahoo. Apparently Ralph Nader has pulled ahead in the polls >.>

#65:  Author: MagykKatte PostPosted: Mon 24 Sep, 2012
    ----
The medium lucid I had (that has already counted for points) featured the internet, do pre-tasks count for anything?

#66:  Author: Koharo PostPosted: Mon 24 Sep, 2012
    ----
-9/18/12 Medium LD with nothing to do with the topic

-9/20/12 Long LD with nothing to do with the topic

-9/22/12 Multiple short short ND/LD's *WBTB* more short ND/LD's not on topic (Counts as 2 short)

^..?? This was the Assailant dream which was a long LD. *Correcting entry error I'm aware the awarded points are still the same.

-9/23/12 Medium LD nothing to do with topic

-9/24/12 Long LD nothing to do with topic

Last edited by Koharo on Thu 31 Oct, 2013; edited 1 time in total

#67:  Author: Nicklebrick PostPosted: Tue 25 Sep, 2012
    ----
I had a average-length LD, noting very important so im not going to be updating my DJ at all tounge2

And btw, these are awesome tasks!

#68:  Author: MagykKatte PostPosted: Wed 26 Sep, 2012
    ----
3 medium LD's and 2 short LD's

#69:  Author: Koharo PostPosted: Thu 27 Sep, 2012
    ----
1 short LD off topic

Edit: FLD -20

#70:  Author: Thorn PostPosted: Thu 27 Sep, 2012
    ----
I had a medium LD this morning, in which I attempted and failed my personal goal.

#71:  Author: fennecgirl PostPosted: Fri 28 Sep, 2012
    ----
I had a short LD this morning.

#72:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Fri 28 Sep, 2012
    ----
A medium LD which was broken into two parts thanks to almost waking up, and also one long LD which was in an odd 3rd person perspective.

#73:  Author: Koharo PostPosted: Sat 29 Sep, 2012
    ----
2 short LD's
1 medium LD all off topic

Edit: I believe 9/29/12 was an FLD -20, so 1 short LD instead of 2.

Last edited by Koharo on Thu 31 Oct, 2013; edited 2 times in total

#74:  Author: Ysim PostPosted: Mon 01 Oct, 2012
    ----
Task 4: Spaaaaace!

This is the DreamShip, and it's continuing mission to seek out strange new worlds.

See the 'night' sky - 5 pts
Spot a planet(s) - 10 pts
Travel through space - 20 pts
Land on a planet/asteroid - 25 pts
Land on a star - 30 pts
Travel through a wormhole - 40 pts

I will be looking to award some creativity points here, too wink5

#75:  Author: Masonc1 PostPosted: Wed 03 Oct, 2012
    ----
http://ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=688727#688727

A Short LD. I attempted the Task 4, but didn't really have any success with it.

#76:  Author: fennecgirl PostPosted: Wed 03 Oct, 2012
    ----
One short LD

#77:  Author: Loah PostPosted: Wed 03 Oct, 2012
    ----
Hey wait, i just did this! didn't even know it was a challenge.
http://ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45916

I'd consider it a medium LD

Sorry i don't know how to link directly to a post, but it's at the bottom, the last dream i had.

also... does the tornado effect thing that happened count as a wormhole? because that's kindof what it looked like.

ah but i didn't sign up... sadblauw

#78:  Author: Ansie PostPosted: Fri 05 Oct, 2012
    ----
Use the link in front of: Posted date, year, time. It is a small piece of paper at the top left of the post tounge2

E-mail notification on this topic fails for me for some reason, so I never read the 4th task and I also didn´t read this months Quest which I regretted in my LD this night. I did however have a long dream in which I did task 3 and 2. I will post the details later when I have time and when I have my DJ. I am just happy to have this very lucid dream after so many nights of no recall smile (There was also an internet cafe owned by Ysim in the dream XD)

Edit: Part of this task I did last month for the Dutch Quest: Man on the Moon tounge2

#79:  Author: Lucid Wolf PostPosted: Fri 05 Oct, 2012
    ----
First, an average-length lucid dream from two nights ago.

Next, another average-length lucid dream where I believe that I accomplished the following:
-Travel through space - 20 pts (Note: I exited Earth's atmosphere and made it into space. Once I got into space, I started floundering without traveling very far. I hope that this still counts, but it's of course totally up to the organizer to decide!)

#80:  Author: Koharo PostPosted: Fri 05 Oct, 2012
    ----
Since October 1st I had 3 short LD's and 2 medium LD's.
One of the three short LD's was an FLD -20

#81:  Author: Ansie PostPosted: Fri 05 Oct, 2012
    ----
Here is my long LD:

#82:  Author: Lucid Wolf PostPosted: Tue 09 Oct, 2012
    ----
I had an average-length lucid dream last night. During this dream I lost and regained lucidity two times.

#83:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Wed 10 Oct, 2012
    ----
I was on a space station at one point in a dream but I don't believe there was much else to it. Oh wait... it was Star Trek based. I believe Kirk was there. Some planet was outside the window, kind of yellow tinted. Don't recall much else.

#84:  Author: Koharo PostPosted: Thu 11 Oct, 2012
    ----
1 medium LD not on topic.

#85:  Author: Ysim PostPosted: Fri 12 Oct, 2012
    ----
I have not had enough time on a computer to tally up points, etc, for the past several days. HvZ started last weekend and I am now one of the few human survivors. I'll post the new task and hopefully a tally of points Sunday night, after the endgame mission.

To say the least, this game is far more intense than I expected it to be.

#86:  Author: fennecgirl PostPosted: Fri 12 Oct, 2012
    ----
I became lucid but lost lucidity really quickly.

http://ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=689315#689315

#87:  Author: Ansie PostPosted: Sat 13 Oct, 2012
    ----
I had a short LD in which I attempted to do the space task:

#88:  Author: fennecgirl PostPosted: Mon 15 Oct, 2012
    ----
I had a short LD and technically completed one of my personal tasks.

By technically completed, I mean I completed the CALD task, but I don't really practice CALD much anymore. However, Kayleigh did try to help me with CALD when I was still doing it, and she does still occasionally try to help me with LDing, so I think this counts, right?

http://ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=689496#689496

#89:  Author: Ysim PostPosted: Tue 16 Oct, 2012
    ----
Task 5 - Speak with Nature

Nature can tell us plenty of interesting things, if we just know how to listen. Try to listen and follow what you are told.

Hear animals speaking - 5 pts
Hear plants speaking - 10 pts
Speak directly with an animal - 10 pts each (up to 50 pts)
Speak directly with a plant - 15 pts each (up to 75 pts)

You get points once if you hear them speaking in general, but get points for each individual one you have some conversation with.

I will hopefully finish tallying scores in the morning >.<

#90:  Author: Ansie PostPosted: Tue 16 Oct, 2012
    ----
I had a LD tonight and did the Space task and the hat Task. Hope the Space task still counts, since I went to bed before the Nature one was posted tounge2 I will post the dream later this evening.

#91:  Author: Thorn PostPosted: Tue 16 Oct, 2012
    ----
I had 11 hours of sleep that ended with two minutes of lucidity. I keep forgetting about the Hat task, and I really want to do it. sadblauw

#92:  Author: Ansie PostPosted: Tue 16 Oct, 2012
    ----
So this my LD where I steal a hat and go to space. The first part is of average length and the second part short. So in total of above average length:

Last edited by Ansie on Wed 17 Oct, 2012; edited 1 time in total

#93:  Author: Masonc1 PostPosted: Wed 17 Oct, 2012
    ----
http://ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=689596#689596

I wasn't lucid, and it was by chance, but there was a talking animal in my dream last night. Granted, the person who spoke began the dream human, and ended it human, but the one time he spoke was as a shark.

Probably doesn't count because I had the dream before knowing about the task, but I figure to post it anyway.

#94:  Author: Lucid Wolf PostPosted: Wed 17 Oct, 2012
    ----
I had a short lucid dream:

And an average length lucid dream. In this dream, while unaware of the talking nature task, unintentionally accomplished a couple of additional goals. Since I was unaware of the task before accidentally completing part of it, I of course understand if I can't be awarded points:
Hear animals speaking
Speak directly with an animal

Dream contents:

Finally, I had a lucid fragment (You become lucid but wake up shortly after or lose lucidity very quickly)

#95:  Author: Masonc1 PostPosted: Mon 22 Oct, 2012
    ----
http://ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=689824#689824

I had like a ten second lucid dream from a WILD where I planned to do my Dive into the Sun task. I acted too fiercely and without stabilizing the dream, so it was very very short.

Edit: And another short LD. http://ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=690044#690044
I did not attempt any task.
I could probably get a long LD by not trying to do anything and just walk around. :I

#96:  Author: Ansie PostPosted: Mon 29 Oct, 2012
    ----
Is the challenge still on?

#97:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Thu 01 Nov, 2012
    ----
Short lucid

#98:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Tue 13 Nov, 2012
    ----
*Rhewin dusts the topic off and says he had another short lucid

#99:  Author: MagykKatte PostPosted: Tue 13 Nov, 2012
    ----
Short lucid as well

#100:  Author: Lucid Wolf PostPosted: Wed 14 Nov, 2012
    ----
I've got a few LDs to record. I'll just do them one by one:

Average-length lucid dream

Short lucid dream

(Extremely) long lucid dream

Short lucid dream

Short lucid dream

Average-length lucid dream

#101:  Author: Ansie PostPosted: Wed 14 Nov, 2012
    ----
Short lucid dream smile

#102:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Sat 17 Nov, 2012
    ----
<mod>I have some news from Ysim.

He will be taking some much needed time off in the next few weeks. The LC has officially ended. I am tallying points right now and will have the results posted within the next 24 hours. If you have any questions about the points or feel there was an error, please PM me after I post. An official winner will be declared shortly after the points are tallied. Again, please feel free to PM with any questions.

Rhewin</mod>

#103: Congratulations, Koharo!!! Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Sat 17 Nov, 2012
    ----
Alright, I've got everything tallied up, and the winner is....

thumbsKoharo!party3

Congratulations, Koharo. You now have the honor of hosting LC 36! Or, if you prefer to not host, the runner up is Lucid Wolf! And so on and so forth. The final numbers are below!

1. Koharo 570
  2. Lucid Wolf 340
  3. Rhewin 280
  4. Ansie 210
  5. fennecgirl 160
  6. Demented 60
  7. Masonc1 60
  8. Thorn 60
  9. DaveTheJoker 50
  10. NickleBrick 30
  11. MagykKatte 20
  12. Mason
  13. Sandy
  14. Scipio Xaos

(apologies to anyone left out, this is based on Ysim's last points tally and anyone who has scored since)

If you feel I've made any errors, please PM me ASAP so I can get it corrected. And of course, a big hand for LC 35's TM, Xander! Those were some creative tasks for sure. I hope you guys had fun, I know I did!

#104:  Author: Koharo PostPosted: Tue 20 Nov, 2012
    ----
I choose to give Lucid Wolf the honor of hosting LC 36. bier

Edit: I recalculated and 90 points were awarded from bad calls on my part.
In other words my new score is 480 and not 570.

Last edited by Koharo on Thu 31 Oct, 2013; edited 2 times in total

#105:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Thu 22 Nov, 2012
    ----
OK, and I have heard back from Lucid Wolf who is also not currently able to host an LC. As second runner up, I'll be taking over for the next one. I will have the sign ups ready soon, and hopefully we can have LC 36 started next week. Congrats again to the winner and runner up! See you all soon.

LD4all » Lucid Adventures

Page 1 of 1
printed from the LD4all.com lucid dreaming forum. Content copyrighted by the author.
Lucid dreamers unite! visit LD4all.com