Lucidity Challenge 43: Winner - drd!
LD4all » Lucid Adventures

#1: Lucidity Challenge 43: Winner - drd! Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Sun 15 Jun, 2014
    ----
Hi er'body. I kept all the logistical point stuff in spoilers, so there's how all the technical whatnot will work. Please read the stuff outside of spoilers for any important information regarding this LC in particular. As always, any changes are in red.
Previous Challenges

LC I - TM and initiator: Ian1 - winner: -=JaSoN=-
LC II - TM: Magnus - winner: Q
LC III - TM: Q - winner: Bravsein
LC IV - TM: Bravsein - winner: WritersCube
LC V - TM: WritersCube - winner: dimsya
LC VI - TM: dimsya - winner: Queen SD
LC VII - TM: Ysim - winner: Mugiwara
LC VIII - TM: Mugiwara - winner: Ysim
LC IX - TM: Ysim - winner: Tundra
LC X -TM: Tundra - winner: ebilshrimp
LC 11 - TM: ebilshrimp - winner: Tundra
LC 12 - TM: HebrewB - winner: mattiasdavis
LC 13 - TM: Blue&White - winner: relV
LC 14 - TM: relV - winner: GHOSTIE11
LC 15 - TM: GHOSTIE11 - winner: unknownuser33
LC 16 - TM: Danielns13 - winner: rkr7
LC 17 - TM: Angelmouse - winner: pasQuale
LC 18 - TM: Magnus - winner: Amaryllis
LC 19 - TM: Amaryllis - winner: Dryalantha
LC 20 - TM: Dryalantha - winner: Shadow Dreamer and Amaryllis
LC 21 - TM: Shadow Dreamer - winner: Undecided (but probably Wyvern)
LC 22 - TM: Danilens13 - winner: tosxyChor
LC 23 - TM: tosxyChor - winner: Wyvern
LC 24 - TM: Wyvern - winner: tosxyChor
LC 25 - TM: Rhewin - winner: Solaris
LC 26 - TM: Solaris - winner: Rhewin
LC 27 - TM: tosxyChor - winner: Rhewin
LC 28 - TM: Rhewin - winner: Siiw
LC 29 – TM: Siiw – winner: Rhewin
LC 30 – TM: Puce – winner: Wega
LC 31 - TM: Mimmo0 - winner: Limitles
LC 32 - TM: Limitles - winner: Nicklebrick
LC 33 - TM: Nicklebrick - winner: elnaureth
LC 34 - TM: elnaureth - winner: DreamSailor
LC 35 - TM: Ysim - winner: Koharo
LC 36 - TM: Rhewin - winner: HeadInTheClouds
LC 37 - TM: HeadInTheClouds - winner: Scipio Xaos
LC 38 - TM: Scipio Xaos - winner: Thorn
LC 39 - TM: Thorn - winner: Koharo
LC 40 - TM: HeadInTheClouds - winner: Wyvern
LC 41 - TM: Wyvern - winner: Thorn
LC 42 - TM:Thorn - winner: Wyvern

Introduction

You thought you were rid of me? Hah! Rhewin the Great and Powerful has returned to host yet another Lucidity Challenge (LC)***.

I'll just start by saying that I believe the LC is one of the most helpful tools for any aspiring lucid dreamer. If this is your first LC, you can expect to work for the challenges, but the reward is a lot bigger than just points. This is a chance to stretch your legs and really see what you can do in a dream.

In the spirit of competition, I'll be trying to balance the scoring as much as possible. As you can see below, I've kept the team system introduced in LC 42, but with a few twists. The teams will have equal points every week this time around, though due to the nature of some tasks, the difficulty may vary.

One relatively major change: this LC will consist of five (5) tasks rather than seven. A while back, tasks were only 3 days long. During this time, the LC only ran a few weeks. Extending the task time was a good idea, but the LC simply runs a long, long time. Participation tends to dry out near the end, so I hope to counter this with a shorter LC.

***OK, so I didn't win LC 42, but apparently first and second place were rather busy. I still had third place. Bronze is still good, right? Guys?

How it works

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Scoring

Teams (new!.. but not quite as new as last time!)

The idea of group work started as a behind-the-scenes activity during LC 37, was introduced into the LC proper in LC 39, was revised again for LCs 40, 41, and finally culminated in LC 42. The teams give you a chance to personalize your LC experience.

This is a new LC, so it's time for three new teams! Read each description and pick the one that interests you!

• The Creation team is all about making something new. Does this mean you'll have to constantly summon up new DCs or items? Not at all. You could create a work of art, or design a new building that defies logic. Maybe you'll make a new form of life, or perhaps you'll pave a new way to visit the astral plane. If you don't see what you want, you make it.
  • The Investigation team is about learning what makes the dream tick. Sure, you might travel to new areas and explore new dreamscapes, but there's more. Why is that DC smacking a penguin on a piano? Where did they grow up? Do they know you're dreaming? How that rock suddenly turn into a jellyfish? You want to know why things happen in your dreams.
  • The Transformation team is all about change. Don't like the color of that DC's shirt? Change it. Wish it was sunny instead of raining? Change it. Want to be a giant, fire-breathing octopus with lazer tentacles? Change yourself. Rather than have to create something new, you'd rather change the world (or yourself) to fit your imagination.
You can choose your team based on your skills, based on what you want to improve, based on what you've never tried, based on the stated difficulty level, or whatever metric you desire; you get to decide your LC experience! Remember that you will get full credit for your team's subtasks and for generic subtasks but will only get half credit for subtasks belonging to other teams, and remember that you can't change your team later, although I may make exceptions to this if participants start disappearing and teams become weighed down by inactive members.

Each team will have its own special sub-task that I create. You're also allowed to create your own sub-task in addition to mine. The teams are responsible for choosing their sub-tasks within 48 hours after I post the main task. You can communicate however you wish, but if you miss the deadline your entire team will forfeit those points. Remember, you can always PM me if you don't see me online.

REVISION

After talking to some participants, I realized that the team advantage did help people with their incubations. I will go ahead and reinstate that. In this case, the reward will be an extra sub-task worth 40 pts. Here's the catch: this must be a team-incubated sub-task. That means that you have to agree on it with your team members and do the task with a team member.

The advantage is based on which team has the highest participation rate for the current task. Participation is based on the number of sub-tasks completed by individual members divided by the number of members on the team. That includes team incubations!

People have won and lost over less that 40 points in the past, so make sure you motivate your team members to focus on the current task.

Sign-Ups

This LC will start after we have at least 10 participants.

When signing up, please quote the sign-up list from the most recent post containing it and add your entry to the bottom of the list. Your sign up should include your username your desired team, and your personal goal worth 100 points when completed. After the list, you should (but are not required to) say a bit about your motivations for lucid dreaming and your dream desires; if you want Team Dreams to fit your desires and motivations, then you need to be clear about what those are!

I do not require you to tell me the time your average LD takes. Just tell me if it is short, medium, or long.

Here are our current sign-ups:

Sign-up List [Name - Team - Personal Goal]
  1. Thorn - Transformation - Become my avatar
  2. HeadInTheClouds - Transformation - Finish Becoming the Rest of the Avengers
  3. Scipio Xaos - Transformation - Speak with Cardia Again
  4. Mew151 - Creation - Play DDR Dream Mix
  5. En'enra - Investigation - Explore a different planet and meet aliens
  6. Letaali - Investigation - Visit the Frozen Planet
  7. Siiw - Creation - Create art in a dream and copy it IRL
  8. Oleg - Investigation - Fly off into space
  9. drd - Transformation - Fly with wings
  10. Montebest - Transformation - Dragon Transformation (Humanoid)
  11. Koharo - Investigation - Visit my SC again
  12. Obfusc8 - Investigation - Learn/practice martial arts from a master
  13. James_UK2008 - Transformation - Lizardman Transformation
  14. Wyvern - Creation - Find a map of my dream world
  15. OmkAR - Investigation - Visit Vicky
  16. ZRVera - Transformation - Have my dual swords and find out who/what a certain DC really is
  17. HeHu - Transformation - Learn to fly
  18. Lucidis - Investigation - Journey into the Dark Median
  19. ian1 - Investigation - Fly
  20. StarryGwee - Creation - Create a cluster of stars

Scores
Scores are located here.

Tasks
Task 1
Task 2
Task 3
SUPER MYSTERY FUN TASK
Task 5

One last note: I will read anything you want me to read. Feel free to post dreams here or in your DJ. However, I will have a lot to read. I will only read your DJ posts if you link them here. Also, please, please, please, give me a quick version that just shows what you did for the LC. I won't hold you to this, but your scores will be updated much faster if you could do this for me. I promise I will always go back to read the DJ post for creativity points.

Last edited by Rhewin on Sun 03 Aug, 2014; edited 23 times in total

#2: Re: Lucidity Challenge 43: Sign-Ups Author: Thorn PostPosted: Sun 15 Jun, 2014
    ----
When it comes to my luck with LC tasks, making things typically isn't a problem. I've even seen success with going places and talking to DCs. However, my control over the dream has been waning when it comes to changing things or changing myself, so I want to get that back even if my difficulty costs me victory in the LC.

#3: Re: Lucidity Challenge 43: Sign-Ups Author: HeadInTheClouds PostPosted: Sun 15 Jun, 2014
    ----

So, I have barely been having any lucid dreams lately, as could be seen by the previous LC. I said back then that I needed to take a break, and I still do, but I can't resist. I think I might just have an ace up my sleeve that will allow me to get more lucids during this LC.

As for my personal goal, I have to become Iron Man, Thor and two of the following: Black Widow, Hawkeye, Wolverine, Spiderman. It doesn't have to be in the same dream. I've already been The Hulk a couple times, as well as Captain America. My goal is to become the Avengers from the movie, but Black Widow and Hawkeye are kind of boring to me, so I decided that I could also become Wolverine or Spiderman instead. If there's any issue with this personal goal, let me know.

#4: Re: Lucidity Challenge 43: Sign-Ups Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Sun 15 Jun, 2014
    ----

I'M SO EXCITED!!!

#5: Re: Lucidity Challenge 43: Sign-Ups Author: Mew151 PostPosted: Sun 15 Jun, 2014
    ----

Lately I managed to actually get lucid from LC hype, despite me not even being in the LC! I'm ready(I'm L@DY!) for some serious hype!
DDR Dream Mix is basically the name I give any Dance Dance Revolution games that appear in my dreams. I actually have more than just playing the game planned for this task in order to feel like I've really done it. I want to remember specific details and do other stuff. I feel like it will be a moderately challenging and fulfilling goal for me.

#6: Re: Lucidity Challenge 43: Sign-Ups Author: En'enra PostPosted: Sun 15 Jun, 2014
    ----

This will be my first LC. I'd like to participate because it sounds like a lot of fun, and I'm sure it would be very useful in my quest for lucidity. Transformation is what I do best, but I figured that I don't have to practice that (and, well, three people already applied for that), and since Creation is what I'm worst at, I chose the middle. I have many exciting locations and weird DCs in my dreams, but I've never visited another planet, or met aliens, besides in combat. I hope that's an adequate goal. I'll try to fit in, but please forgive me in advance if I become confused :3

#7:  Author: Letaali PostPosted: Sun 15 Jun, 2014
    ----

In the last LC I did improve on my frequency of realizing I'm dreaming, but the lucid dreams didn't last long enough for me to do even one of the tasks lucid. I'll have to make them last longer. Reaching the frozen planet has been my goal for a long time. I want to go there to investigate the town inside the mountain. There are also a lot of superhuman abilities and stuff I would like to study to find out how they work in my dreams. In the last LC I had several dream where I got to study how different abilities work and feel in dreams. Some DCs even helped me with this. I'll hopefully continue this studying and I think it fits the team.

#8:  Author: Siiw PostPosted: Sun 15 Jun, 2014
    ----

I didn't know if I should sign up or not, since it is summer and vacation is around the corner, but now that it will only last for 5 weeks, it will be OK! And I couldn't resist a creation team.

#9:  Author: Oleg PostPosted: Sun 15 Jun, 2014
    ----
#8: Oleg - Investigation - Fly off into space

Acceptable? I sure hope so. :> As for why I chose 'investigation', it's because, while the action-oriented tasks were quite easy, they felt a bit underwhelming. So I'm going with something different now.

#10:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Sun 15 Jun, 2014
    ----
Fixed the list. wink5

#11:  Author: Oleg PostPosted: Sun 15 Jun, 2014
    ----
Scipio Xaos wrote:
Fixed the list. wink5
Huh...? I wasn't aware that that was required. I'll keep that in mind, then. :1

#12:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Mon 16 Jun, 2014
    ----
Sign-ups are filling fast. Just a few more and we're good to go.

#13:  Author: drd PostPosted: Mon 16 Jun, 2014
    ----

#14:  Author: Mew151 PostPosted: Mon 16 Jun, 2014
    ----

Restored list format tounge1

#15:  Author: Montebest PostPosted: Mon 16 Jun, 2014
    ----

My LDs are short on average. In lucid dreaming, and dreaming in general, I'm looking for some adventure, and to try things which are otherwise out of reach in real life. In addition to my personal goal, I'd certainly like to try transforming something into something else.

#16:  Author: Koharo PostPosted: Mon 16 Jun, 2014
    ----

Recently met a DC who confirmed being a DG after asking out of sheer curiosity. Unfortunately the conversation after was a blur, and I want to brush up on my dream conversation recall. Seeking answers...

Last edited by Koharo on Tue 17 Jun, 2014; edited 2 times in total

#17:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Mon 16 Jun, 2014
    ----
We officially have the minimum required, but I'll give a little more time for any stragglers. If you're undecided, just give it a shot. You are your own judge, there's no reason to not try it out except if you decide you shouldn't. Oh, your dream self called. You should.

#18:  Author: obfusc8 PostPosted: Mon 16 Jun, 2014
    ----

"Just giving it a shot..."
I haven't had many LDs yet, and my dream control is very hit and miss, but I hope the challenge will give me motivation and ideas. Mostly when I have become lucid I just wander around exploring and trying new things so I've picked investigation.

#19:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Mon 16 Jun, 2014
    ----

#20:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Mon 16 Jun, 2014
    ----
I just realized the list was in the wrong formatting on the sign-up post >.>

I've corrected it. Clearly this is Thorn's fault and nothing I did wrong at all <.<

#21:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Mon 16 Jun, 2014
    ----
Oleg: It's not required.. It just looks good. tounge2

obfusc8: eek2 Your title text! :D

#22:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Mon 16 Jun, 2014
    ----
The creation team could definitely use a few extra members. Come on, guys, there's a whole world to create!

#23:  Author: Wyvern PostPosted: Tue 17 Jun, 2014
    ----

Obligatory alternate scoring:
Half points for LDs, only LDs that contain tasks, only LDs that are typed out.
That better be enough to handicap me... XD

Decided to join afterall. I don't really have many personal goals of my own so I guess another LC couldn't hurt. It'll also get my *** in gear about typing the things out.

#24:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Tue 17 Jun, 2014
    ----
REVISION

After talking to some participants, I realized that the team advantage did help people with their incubations. I will go ahead and reinstate that. In this case, the reward will be an extra sub-task worth 40 pts. Here's the catch: this must be a team-incubated sub-task. That means that you have to agree on it with your team members and do the task with a team member.

The advantage is based on which team has the highest participation rate for the current task. Participation is based on the number of sub-tasks completed by individual members divided by the number of members on the team. That includes team incubations!

People have won and lost over less that 40 points in the past, so make sure you motivate your team members to focus on the current task.

#25:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Tue 17 Jun, 2014
    ----
OmkAR has joined the LC with the Investigation team ^^

#26:  Author: ZRVera PostPosted: Tue 17 Jun, 2014
    ----
  16. ZRVera - Transformation - Have my dual swords and find out who/what a certain DC really is

Note for my personal goal - it's not two separate goals. I want to accomplish them at the same time. It may end up turning into a swordfight with that DC, considering my recent experiences with it. I don't really have a lot of motivation right now, but that's mainly due to plentiful issues I have while lucid. Perhaps confronting this DC now that I've passed a certain point with it and received my sword(s) from it will be the key I need.

One of my biggest problems is transformation. I can do the creative pretty easily if I want to (though purely manifesting something I haven't accomplished yet), and investigation would be the easiest by far for me. I have many issues attempting to change anything in a dream, so things relating to the transformation team is what I'd rather do; I just don't expect a lot of success.

Wasn't even sure if I wanted to join the LC since I expect to lose motivation and/or interest, but a coin toss had me join, so here I am.

#27:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Wed 18 Jun, 2014
    ----
Just four more and we get started! If we don't get to 20 we'll start Friday at midnight CST

#28:  Author: HeHu PostPosted: Wed 18 Jun, 2014
    ----
HeHu - Transformation - Learn to fly

I never had much luck with getting lucid, only had a few the last 6 years (!), I'm hoping this might change it smile

#29:  Author: Lucidis PostPosted: Wed 18 Jun, 2014
    ----

Well, I kind of ended up dropping out of the last LC, but I shouldn't have any excuses to keep me away from this one. Hopefully this will motivate me to keep up with my DJ again (which has already become neglected).

My personal goal is to journey into this place in my dreams called the Dark Median. In the last LC, a DC told me my future. They said I would go into the Dark Median, so I figured I may as well get working on that now. I've been interested in that place for a long time.

#30:  Author: eMander PostPosted: Thu 19 Jun, 2014
    ----

Reposted from my signup in the previous LC:

Quote:
Since I have technically flown before, I will add additional constraints to my goal: My flight must either last more than 2 minutes, or I must land in a different dreamscape than the one I took-off from. If I don't do either of those, I will not consider my goal complete.

#31:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Thu 19 Jun, 2014
    ----
  20. StarryGwee - Creation - Create a cluster of stars

20 sign ups! We start tonight!

#32:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Thu 19 Jun, 2014
    ----
Task 1: Music!

So I wanted to start with something nice and relaxing. Who doesn't like at least some kind of music? I can't think of anyone at least. Team-specific tasks are in your team's color.

Listen to music 20pts: this can be any kind of music, live, recorded, or whatever else you come up with.
Play an instrument 20pts: just pick one. Don't know how to play one? I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Create an original piece of music 20pts: you can write it, play it, hear it, whatever. You just need to be sure that you are actually making it, not listening to something a DC has come up with.
Invent a new instrument 30pts: keep in mind, you could create an instrument out of anything. You can will one into being or make one out of components already in the dream. Cannot be combined with the generic task to play an instrument.

Ask a DC to play or sing their favorite song 20pts: They have to actually perform for you. Cannot be combined with the generic task to listen to music.
Meet with the creator of your favorite music 30pts: like movie scores? John Williams! Like classic rock? Aerosmith! Just make sure you actually talk to them. Seeing them perform does not count unless you get a chance to speak with them.

Change the music you're listening to 20pts: this change could be many things. You could change the pitch, the rhythm, the speed, the gender of the singer, whatever. Just make sure you actually make the change). Keep in mind you don't have to see a change happen, just hear it. Cannot be combined with the generic listen to music task.
Turn the sound into something physical 30pts: you'll need to think out of the box for this one. At the same time, don't over think it. You know how music players create graphics to go with what you're listening to? That's what I'm looking for. Think Fantasia.

Good luck! Remember, the team that proportionally completes the most sub tasks per person will get an extra task next week!

#33:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Thu 19 Jun, 2014
    ----
Task 1 Team Tasks
Alright, these are the tasks you'll need to iron out with your team. Your team must agree on whatever variable I give you. In addition, you must complete the task with at least one other member of your team (or at least a DC that represents your team member). If you do another team's task, you must do it with a member of their team.

All team dreams are worth 40pts for your team, and half points for another team's. None of these can be combined with the above.

Creation: This week you're going to stage a musical performance with another member of your team. It's up to you to decide what kind of music and where you will perform it. It could be a giant classic rock concert in a concert hall, or you could just play drums in a park. Surprise me.

Investigation: You know what sounds nice? Going to a concert with friends. You're going to take another team member to see a performance. Where and what type of music? That's up to you. Have a nice time.

Transformation: Why bother working your way up from the bottom? You and at least one other team member need to transform into a famous music group. Now, your group only has to be from a specific genre, you don't have to choose a specific group. You don't have to perform, but DCs should at least know who you are. You decide who you're going to become. I wonder what it feels like the ride a wrecking ball... and possibly be insane. You tell me.

EDIT: Transformation Team! Pick a specific genre, not a specific group. That was worded poorly.

#34:  Author: ZRVera PostPosted: Thu 19 Jun, 2014
    ----
One or two tasks done today! So if these can't be combined... what does that mean? In my dream, I did them separately. I listened first, then changed the music, then listened again. I don't know if that counts for both tasks, and I think a number of us are confused.

So, depends on what you decide, I guess, Rhewin. Other than that, below is the relevant part of the dream. smile

I'd say it was medium length for me. I'll also note that I did not write the sheet music in my hand. In the dream, I thought I was playing an instrument myself at first, but I don't actually remember doing so. I remember attempting to make actual music with random objects later, but it didn't work so well. I just ended up banging plastic cups together and that was it.

PS: Do I get extra points for Rhewin participating in my dream? tounge2

#35:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Thu 19 Jun, 2014
    ----
Congratulations on getting the first points, ZRVera :D. I hope you enjoyed listening to the smooth tones of Rhewin and the TARDISes (I assume if I had a band that I would call it that).

You listened to the music first and then changed it as a completely separate action, so I can count that. Like Thorn said, I'm just trying to avoid people claiming multiple tasks for a single action.

This goes for everyone: as long as they're two separate actions, you don't have to worry about the combination disclaimer.

#36:  Author: Mew151 PostPosted: Thu 19 Jun, 2014
    ----
I had a ND in which I listened to music. I actually listened to it and reacted to it by being creeped out!

Hopefully tonight I'll be able to do the other subtasks while lucid!

#37:  Author: Thorn PostPosted: Thu 19 Jun, 2014
    ----
The second and third dreams from this morning are NDs in which I listen to music. While the latter of the two had me listening as a DO, the former had me in the scene and having emotions due to the music in the scene.

#38:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Thu 19 Jun, 2014
    ----
Rhewin wrote:
You listened to the music first and then changed it as a completely separate action, so I can count that. Like Thorn said, I'm just trying to avoid people claiming multiple tasks for a single action.

This goes for everyone: as long as they're two separate actions, you don't have to worry about the combination disclaimer.

So... I take it I can claim both the listening points and the changing points in my dream then? I'll claim that as such and await your ruling. tounge2

Sooo!!! A wonderful start to this LC! reallybiggrin Didn't expect this, but, hey, I did a task. smile Specifically, I listened to some music and then made alterations.

Intelligent DC ~ Short Lucid Dream ~ Task 1 Parts I & VII LUCID EARLY

Stats so far:

Last edited by Cornelia Xaos on Fri 20 Jun, 2014; edited 1 time in total

#39:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Thu 19 Jun, 2014
    ----
Scipio, as long as you did them as two separate things. For example, if you noticed music and just changed it immediately, that wouldn't count. If you take the time to listen to it first and then change it, I'll go ahead and count that.

#40:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Fri 20 Jun, 2014
    ----
@ZRVera: like I said above, way to go!

@Mew151: Incubate. Incubate for all eternity.

@Scipio: Lol. I love the loss of words in Spanish.

Scores are being kept here

A few extra notes.

One, I've noticed that a lot of people are fairly passionate about the type of music they want in their dreams. A couple of teams are having issues picking a genre because of that. I won't just open it to any genre because I do believe there has to be some kind of challenge, but I'll make a compromise. Teams can now pick two genres to use as possibilities in their dreams.

Also, people seem to be confused about the combination restrictions. It's simple: listen to the music before you do anything else. Once you've listened to it, it's fine. As for the DC's favorite song, that one in particular cannot be the music you count for listening to. Finally, you need to play one instrument and invent a separate instrument. If anyone is still confused, please PM me.

When I say team dreams cannot be combined, I mean basically two things. One, the creation team can't claim their performance with their team as the "play an instrument task". They need to be two different performances. Two, the investigation team cannot count their concert for listening to music. That's it. Once you have done the team task, you can go on to do whatever else you want in your dream.

#41:  Author: Koharo PostPosted: Fri 20 Jun, 2014
    ----
6/19/14
Short LD
-Listened to music, but I wasn't lucid at the time.

Long Story Short...
After jumping this guy who was insulting me and my friends our theme begins to play, cueing our victory the way they would in WWE. Pacing around the ring with a steel chair in hand, I hear enough of the song to know it was Motorhead playing, but I was too caught up in the moment to identify which song it was. It was either The Game, Line In The Sand, or a mashup of both.

I'll link the entry when I update tomorrow.

EDIT:
-Linked entry

Last edited by Koharo on Sat 21 Jun, 2014; edited 2 times in total

#42:  Author: HeadInTheClouds PostPosted: Fri 20 Jun, 2014
    ----
Listened to music being played at a beach wedding in a ND. It was actually a song from RL surprisingly.

#43:  Author: Mew151 PostPosted: Fri 20 Jun, 2014
    ----
I played an instrument in a ND last night! It didn't sound that great, but I played an instrument!

#44:  Author: Thorn PostPosted: Fri 20 Jun, 2014
    ----
The second dream posted here is a long LD that has me inventing a new instrument and playing an instrument. I thought about making an original piece of music, but I erroneously concluded that these parts of the task could not be combined due to the constant discussion of such issues in chat, Mumble, and Skype IWL.

#45:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Fri 20 Jun, 2014
    ----
Egad! More lucids! This time I created an original instrument and composition... I envy the Wyvern's skills, here, to pull such creations out of a dream... mine will have to remain in my mind. sadblauw

"GuiBar" ~ Medium Lucid Dream ~ Task 1 Parts III & IV LUCID CHAIN

Stats so far:

#46:  Author: Wyvern PostPosted: Sat 21 Jun, 2014
    ----
The Creative team has pretty much all agreed to stage a musical in a park. :D

#47:  Author: Koharo PostPosted: Sat 21 Jun, 2014
    ----
That's right we've gotta report back to the thread with the results don't we...?
If so, the Investigation team has decided to attend a rock concert on a floating island with metal as our alternate genre.

#48:  Author: Thorn PostPosted: Sat 21 Jun, 2014
    ----
Likewise, the Transformation team has to report; we seem to have settled on pop and rock given the new the two-genre option.

#49:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Sat 21 Jun, 2014
    ----
Ok, team challenges are set. I'm on my way home and will update scores. Remember that you can also set a back up genre as well, but at least we have the main ones in.

#50:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Sat 21 Jun, 2014
    ----
Had two LDs here. Both were around 2-3 minutes a piece. (short)

Last edited by james_uk2008 on Sun 22 Jun, 2014; edited 1 time in total

#51:  Author: Montebest PostPosted: Sat 21 Jun, 2014
    ----
A few nights ago I did get a task done while lucid. That night came with a few other interesting dreams which I might type later.

So essentially, a short LD where I listened to music.

Last edited by Montebest on Sat 21 Jun, 2014; edited 1 time in total

#52:  Author: obfusc8 PostPosted: Sat 21 Jun, 2014
    ----
Had a normal dream last night with background music -

Quote:
There is faint background music of drums playing with a haunting flute melody. When there is combat, the drums intensify and the flute fades away, and when combat ends the drums slow and quieten while the flute becomes more audible. Combat consists of madly flailing with the axe. It feels difficult to control.

http://ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=716563#716563

#53:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Sat 21 Jun, 2014
    ----
Sorry for the score delay. I got home much later than planned. I will update it when I'm off work, about 6 hours or so from now

#54:  Author: HeadInTheClouds PostPosted: Sat 21 Jun, 2014
    ----
I had a short LD last night. So, I'm not sure all the things I did count, but I think they might.

First off, I created an instrument. I pulled out one of my dresser drawers, which was apparently filled with junk, and grabbed a book out of it. I then used the book to bang against the drawer like a drum for a few seconds. It wasn't a very pleasing sound.

I also created an original piece of music. I sang/whistled some kind of simple hum/tune, although it didn't have lyrics per-say. It sounded way better than anything I could have sung IRL. Now, I'm not sure if it counts, but I was able to change this melody I was singing, to end up stalling on a specific note for a few seconds instead of continuing like it should have. I didn't really change what I was doing with my mouth, but rather concentrated on the sound I was making and forced it to change with my mind.

#55:  Author: drd PostPosted: Sat 21 Jun, 2014
    ----
Had a short LD last night. I heard about 30 seconds of a Glitch Mob song, and it sounded pretty much like the real thing.

#56:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Sun 22 Jun, 2014
    ----
:D :D :D More tasks! I'm on a roll! smile This morning I played a regular guitar. I tried to do more, but my memory mis-recalled what there was for me to do. tounge2

Medicine and Music ~ Medium Lucid Dream ~ Task 1 Part II LUCID CHAIN

Stats so far:

#57:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Sun 22 Jun, 2014
    ----
Everyone is doing really well so far :D. Lots of people scoring, let's keep it up!

@Thorn: I've made several attempts to explain the reasoning behind the exclusions. In fact, a post I made while talking to you in Skype explains each individual exclusion and why it's there. If you're still confused about how or why they work, please PM me.

Also, well played on your song choices.... no pun intended >.>

@Scipio: Apparently you need to have trouble sleeping more often XD. Also, loved wiping away the sun and finding it again by peeling the sky... would totally give creativity points if it was related to the task tounge2.

@HeadInTheClouds: Yep, everything there can either be combined or was separated correctly.

Scores are updated

So far the Transformation Team is way ahead in team participation. Investigation and Creation need to get going if you want to get the advantage instead!

#58:  Author: Letaali PostPosted: Sun 22 Jun, 2014
    ----
I had a medium lucid dream where I couldn't move. I managed to hum this song. Is that worth anything?

Last edited by Letaali on Sun 22 Jun, 2014; edited 1 time in total

#59:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Sun 22 Jun, 2014
    ----
Had a Medium LD here which was around 5 mins long.

#60:  Author: En'enra PostPosted: Sun 22 Jun, 2014
    ----
I had this Medium LD. I have no idea what it's worth when it comes to points, so I'll just leave the whole thing like that. It's not very long to read. Thank you very much :3

Oh, and the night before I recalled a short lucid dream. Putting it here just in case .

#61:  Author: obfusc8 PostPosted: Sun 22 Jun, 2014
    ----
Short LD here last night, nothing task related though.

#62:  Author: Mew151 PostPosted: Sun 22 Jun, 2014
    ----
Met one of my favorite musicians in a ND. I also asked a DC their favorite song was, but they didn't perform it. They played it through a radio. So I don't think that counts for the other Investigation team subtask. I'm mentioning it anyways in case it does count. tounge2

#63:  Author: Siiw PostPosted: Sun 22 Jun, 2014
    ----
I dreamt that i composed and performed a song for a family party. It wasn't lucid. There was also a dream where I lined up enemies and objects in a game in order to change the music, but that wasn't lucid either. And, when I woke up, I recognised it as Zelda music.

#64:  Author: Thorn PostPosted: Sun 22 Jun, 2014
    ----
I had two lucid dreams this morning as posted here. The first one was medium-length with lucidity lost and regained, and the second one was short. Neither had any tasks done.

#65:  Author: Oleg PostPosted: Sun 22 Jun, 2014
    ----
Well, this happened, if it counts...

In short, I very very very vaguely remember my MIDI keyboard, while in the second dream I had a short LD, but nothing task related. I'm going with the assumption that the task-oriented one will not count.

And welcome me back, all. It's nice to be, well, back. :1

#66:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Mon 23 Jun, 2014
    ----
A medium LD and a Chain... nothing much else. I tried to do a DEILD as well, but it failed. tounge2 And, sadly, that LD wasn't as pleasant as the others this week have been... sadblauw

Demonic Lucid ~ Medium Lucid Dream ~ CHAIN

Stats so far:

#67:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Mon 23 Jun, 2014
    ----
@Letaali: It'd need to be either you hearing someone hum the song or you playing it on a instrument. Still, you're on the right track ^^

@En'enra: So close to doing the team task! You get points for listening to music. It looks like you also changed the music. If I'm reading this right, you also get points because it looks like you changed one song into another. Is that right?

@Mew151: Man, you're on a roll :D. Remind me to never challenge you in the NDC. And sadly the task says that the DC needs to perform the song for you. So close.

@Siiw: See, that WBTB did help... just not on getting lucid. But don't worry, those will come siiw. Also, I'm going to assume when you performed the song you were playing an instrument, correct?

@Oleg: If you feel like you played it in your dream, then I'll go ahead and count that. Also, welcome back party1

@Wyvern: And this is where I would comment on all of Wyvern's posts... IF HE HAD ANY. Seriously, write down the darn dreams XD.

Scores are updated.

As for the team advantage, here are the teams' current participation rates*:
Transformation: 18% (2 tasks per member)
Creation: 11.36% (1.25 tasks per member)
Investigation: .6% (.625 tasks per member)

*Participation rates calculated by the number of tasks completed by a team divided by the number of members on the team. Average number of tasks is then divided by total number of tasks. 100% participation is 11 tasks per member in Task 1

#68:  Author: En'enra PostPosted: Mon 23 Jun, 2014
    ----
Rhewin wrote:

@En'enra: So close to doing the team task! You get points for listening to music. It looks like you also changed the music. If I'm reading this right, you also get points because it looks like you changed one song into another. Is that right?

I did change one song into another (different genres too), but it's a transformation task, so I'm not sure if it counts.

#69:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Mon 23 Jun, 2014
    ----
I'll take is as long as you made the song transition from one to another. If you used your dream powers to will the song to change, I think that fits the spirit of the task.

#70:  Author: Letaali PostPosted: Mon 23 Jun, 2014
    ----
My sister and her kids were in the dream. One of them did a RC and I followed his lead by counting my fingers. I had five in my right hand and didn't become lucid.

#71:  Author: StarryGwee PostPosted: Mon 23 Jun, 2014
    ----
Here's the lucid dream I already told you about..

#72:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Tue 24 Jun, 2014
    ----
Just a short DEILD. I didn't get the dream stable enough to do anything, though. Better luck next time. tounge2

DEILD Delusion ~ Short Lucid Dream

Stats so far:

#73:  Author: Siiw PostPosted: Tue 24 Jun, 2014
    ----
rhewin, i played a very awkward organ. It wasn't new though, it was inherited. I'll post full dreams when i return home siiw

#74:  Author: obfusc8 PostPosted: Tue 24 Jun, 2014
    ----
Medium LD last night here

Um... This probably doesn't count for anything. I was trying to improvise... eh
Quote:
There is a statue of a bull made of bronze. I land on it and start hammering out a rhythm on it's hind quarters… it makes a satisfying 'thuuuunnng' metallic, reverberation-sounding noise with each slap.

#75:  Author: En'enra PostPosted: Tue 24 Jun, 2014
    ----
Had the longest lucid dream of my life. Out of important things, I asked two DC about their favourite songs and had one sing a song for me.

#76:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Tue 24 Jun, 2014
    ----
A DILD and a Chain here. No tasks though. I may have been lucid, but I wasn't lucid enough to recall things to be done.

Distracted DILD ~ Medium Lucid Dream ~ CHAIN

Stats so far:

#77:  Author: Siiw PostPosted: Tue 24 Jun, 2014
    ----
Rhewin, I don't know if you added points for changing the music yesterday. I'll point it out just in case, now that the actual dream is posted. siiw

I played instruments last night, but since I already did that, I'm not claiming points. There were several references to an upcoming musical performance, but the actual show didn't happen.

#78:  Author: Thorn PostPosted: Tue 24 Jun, 2014
    ----
I had a short lucid dream and a medium-length lucid dream this morning as typed here. No tasks from the Task were done, and my personal goal was forgotten.

#79:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Wed 25 Jun, 2014
    ----
@Siiw: yep, I got it all down siiw

@obfusc8: Seems like a new instrument to me!

@En'enra: eek2 Congratulations! I know what it's like to have a great LD like that. Just the perfect mix of stable, vivid and lucid. And you know what? I think taking your would-be attacker, making peace and then taking him to a concert is worth 10 creativity pts!

@Thorn: lach2 I think it's safe to say you were a tad groggy in that dream. And now I can totally steal the task idea ebil

Scores are updated.

As for the team advantage, here are the teams' current participation rates*:
Transformation: 18% (2 tasks per member)
Creation: 15.9% (1.75 tasks per member)
Investigation: 7.95% (.875 tasks per member)

*Participation rates calculated by the number of tasks completed by a team divided by the number of members on the team. Average number of tasks is then divided by total number of tasks. 100% participation is 11 tasks per member in Task 1

#80:  Author: drd PostPosted: Wed 25 Jun, 2014
    ----
Had a medium length DEILD. I summoned a mini keyboard by holding out my hand, and then I played it. I also asked a DC to sing his favorite song. At first he didn't want to, but then he sat down, pulled out out a guitar, and started singing.

Edit: To clarify, It was a piano keyboard, not a typing one. tounge1

#81:  Author: Mew151 PostPosted: Wed 25 Jun, 2014
    ----
I had my LONGEST LD EVAR this morning. No tasks done, because my lucidity was too low to remember that I even had LC tasks, but it was still a long LD for me, and it shows that I'm making some progress. grin

#82:  Author: eMander PostPosted: Wed 25 Jun, 2014
    ----
I had a normal dream last night in which I listened to music.

http://ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=716835#716835

#83:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Wed 25 Jun, 2014
    ----
@drd: awww, a computer keyboard could have gotten you points for making a new instrument tounge2. Well done anyway! Did that DEILD chain two LDs together or did you use DEILD to become lucid from an ND?

@Mew151: Congratulations! Now see if you can beat your record again tounge2

Scores are updated.

Everyone, turn in any other task points you might have had. I decide the team advantage tonight, and so far the Transformation Team is way ahead still. Time for a lucid nap, eh?

#84:  Author: drd PostPosted: Wed 25 Jun, 2014
    ----
Rhewin I used the DEILD to become lucid from a ND, and actually, I re-entered the previous dream.

#85:  Author: StarryGwee PostPosted: Thu 26 Jun, 2014
    ----
Had a short lucid today. I recalled the group task and went looking for a park to perform at. Didn't find it, but flew over some really beautiful scenic places.

#86:  Author: Hodge_Podge PostPosted: Thu 26 Jun, 2014
    ----
Unsure if I can still join the battle!

whatsthat . Hodge_Podge - Transformation - Turn into the Grey Hulk!

My average LD length is short.

#87:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Thu 26 Jun, 2014
    ----
Hodge_Podge wrote:
Unsure if I can still join the battle!

whatsthat . Hodge_Podge - Transformation - Turn into the Grey Hulk!

My average LD length is short.

Sure you can join ^^. However, I won't count you for this week's scores as it could affect the team advantage, but you can start when I post Task 2 tonight. As far as your LDs go, you just need to tell me when an LD feels short, medium, or long. Theoretically, most of your LDs should be medium from your point of view.

#88:  Author: Wyvern PostPosted: Thu 26 Jun, 2014
    ----
Long LD with chain where I completed my personal task.
Listened to music, composed a song, met a favorite musician, asked a DC to sing their favorite song.

http://ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=716865#716865

EDIT:

Medium LD
Created a new instrument, changed the style of music.

http://ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=716873#716873

#89:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Thu 26 Jun, 2014
    ----
Task 2 - Animals!

I thought everyone did a great job last week, so this time we're going with something a little trickier. You're going to have to start incubating now, rather than relying on something just happening in a dream. You'll also notice there are few if no restrictions on what can be combined from here on out as well. Now, this is only Task 2, so don't expect anything crazy, but it's only going up from here.

Who doesn't love animals? Well, animal haters probably. Hopefully that doesn't include any of you since that's what this week's task is about. Get your incubations ready, it's time to explore the animal kingdom!

Find your pet in a dream 20pts: this could be a current pet or a pet that has long since gone to pet heaven. I'll take birds, goldfish, horses, whatever, just so long as you actually own(ed) it. If you never have had a pet, you can use the pet of a friend, but only if you haven't had a pet.
Tame a wild animal 30pts: sure, you could just go find a horse and ride it. Or you might get a wolf as your new DG. Be creative!

Summon an animal from a movie/video game/TV show 20pts: doesn't matter what it is, just make sure it comes from some form of media. And yes, things like Pokemon count.
Bring a toy animal to life 30pts: if you're not sure what I mean, go read some Calvin and Hobbes.

Have a conversation with an animal 20pts: and yes, conversation does mean that it has to talk back to you. Communicating psychically totally counts.
Find an exotic animal in its natural habitat 30pts: your definition of "exotic" might change depending on where you live. I'm looking for something at home in nature. A raccoon in a city is not an exotic animal in its natural habitat. A lion on the savannah is.

Turn a dream character into an animal 20pts: I don't really care how you do it as long as you're the one doing it. No cheating and asking the DC to just do it for you tounge2. Note that this does not have to be a real animal.
Turn yourself into an animal 30pts: same as above. Also doesn't have to be real. I wonder what being a squid feels like...?

#90:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Thu 26 Jun, 2014
    ----
Task 2 Team Tasks

Yet again, there are no combination restrictions for this task. GO CRAZY!!!$)!@*)!*

As stated before, team tasks must be completed with a member of the appropriate dream and are worth 40pts.

Creation: the hunt is on! With your team, decide on a specific mythological creature and one back-up creature. By mythological, I mean something that comes from either ancient or urban legends (nothing from media unless it's based on a legend!). Your task is to then find a team member - or however many it takes - and defeat this creature. Keep in mind, defeat could include things like taming or capturing it, not just killing.

Investigation: why bother hunting when you can reason? With your team, decide on a specific mythological creature and one back-up creature. By mythological, I mean something that comes from either ancient or urban legends (nothing from media unless it's based on a legend!). Once you find one, interview it. Ask it things like where it came from or what it wants the most. Your team member only has to be present, but you could do something clever like turn your team member into the beast >.>

Transformation: you know what? Forget even trying to understand the beast. Just become it! With your team, decide on a specific mythological creature and one back-up creature. By mythological, I mean something that comes from either ancient or urban legends (nothing from media unless it's based on a legend!). Then, find a team member and become the beast! Both you and the other team member must transform for it to count.

The creatures are on a first-come-first-served basis. However, even if your team picks early, the team tasks do not begin until 48 hours after this post (midnight on Friday CST). To lock in your creatures, have a representative post in the LC topicat any time before then.

Each team will have a unique creature, hence the back up. If your primary choice has already been claimed by another team, you'll default to your secondary choice.

CREATION ADVANTAGE

Creation Team! You won the advantage for Task 1! You get to make your own team task in addition to the above. First off, the task must be related in some way to creation. Second, you must use the following key word for inspiration: Dinosaurs.

Creation can be many things. You could animate something that is inanimate, you could design something new by drawing it or whatnot, or you could summon something. The choices are yours. You have 48 hours to make a task or I will make one for you. This task is worth an additional 40 (20)pts.

I will post Task 1's final participation rates tomorrow along with a little more information about the importance of participation rates... you won't wanna miss this

#91:  Author: Koharo PostPosted: Thu 26 Jun, 2014
    ----
Been busy all week and didn't get to update V3.
4/22/14
Chained a Long LD
-Changed a song while lucid

#92:  Author: obfusc8 PostPosted: Thu 26 Jun, 2014
    ----
Had a false lucid dream this morning. Questioned if I was dreaming and did several RCs that failed and I didn't become lucid, despite flying around and other weirdness... whatsthat

#93:  Author: HeadInTheClouds PostPosted: Thu 26 Jun, 2014
    ----
I had a long LD last night. Unfortunately, I didn't remember most of the tasks until the end.

I don't know if any of this counts. I was in some schoolyard/maze kind of place. There was a full moon out, large and bright, so I tried to transform into a werewolf. All I got out was the howl, but no actual transformation unfortunately. However, this somehow summoned another werewolf, as it showed up out of nowhere and started to chase me. I had to hide behind a door, which it apparently couldn't get through. I tried going back out, but the wolf kept coming back at me.

So, as far as tasks go, I figure I failed the transformation task. I also failed to tame it. I did, however, accidentally summon an animal from a movie. The werewolf didn't look exactly like it, but it was similar to Lupin from Harry Potter. Plus, I found an exotic animal in its natural habitat. The werewolf showed up in a creepy area under a full moon, which seems like its natural habitat to me.

I don't know if a werewolf counts for the animal parts, but it seemed like it did. If I'm wrong on what counts for the tasks, let me know.

#94:  Author: drd PostPosted: Thu 26 Jun, 2014
    ----
Had 3 DEILDs last night. The first was chained with a ND, and was short. The last 2 were chained together for a medium length. I looking into a mirror, transformed into a tiger, and I saw my cat. Also, I grew wings, and flew off of the ground a few feet when I had them. I saw my shadow, and I looked like a werewolf too. When I flew, it didn't feel as though I was flying with my wings, because I was having trouble controlling them. Since this is my personal goal, and I am not satisfied, I don't want the points for completing it.

#95:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Thu 26 Jun, 2014
    ----
Well I didn't manage to get lucid this morning, but I did have my SC come through for me and I NLD'd a task. Always reliable on this front. tounge2

Safari Net Launcher ~ Non-Lucid Dream ~ Task 2 Part II EARLY

Stats so far:

#96:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Thu 26 Jun, 2014
    ----
The Investigation Team has locked in dragons

Unless the investigation team would like to choose a specific type of dragon (drake, wyvern, serpentine, etc.), all dragons are off limits to the other two teams.

#97:  Author: Siiw PostPosted: Thu 26 Jun, 2014
    ----
I had a dream where I tamed a frog. I don't consider a frog to be exotic. The problem is: I had the dream before reading the actual task post, so i don't know if it awards any points.

I also had a lucid moment, the first since the start of this LC!

#98:  Author: HeHu PostPosted: Thu 26 Jun, 2014
    ----
Had a ND tonight where I listened to rock music, can't remember excatly what the songs where, might have been something I made up in my mind, I was like controlling a music player in my mind, changed the song several times, didn't get lucid.

#99:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Thu 26 Jun, 2014
    ----
Task 1 Final Results

Here's the breakdown on how Task 1 played out. I've included team participation rates, top participators for each team, and the "winners" of Task 1.

Team Participation
Creation: 29.5% participation rate (3.25 tasks per member)
Tranformation: 23.9% participation rate (2.6 tasks per member)
Investigation: 10.2% participation rate (1.1 tasks per member)

All three teams had significant participation. The creation team won mainly because everyone contributed. Yes, Wyvern made a big contribution at the end, but without the others, they would not have gotten advantage.

The investigation team, on the other hand, had several members that did not participate, but they still count for overall team members. This essentially created a situation with 0's being added in for the average.

This is why it's important to encourage and help your teammates. You can't do it without them.

Top individual contributors
Wyvern: Wyvern, of course, is a natural lucid dreamer. Even still, he had to make sure to incubate the tasks. Generally speaking, on the nights he scores points, it's because he put in the effort to think of the tasks. Natural lucid dreamer or not, incubation is one of the most important parts for anyone in the LC.
Scipio Xaos: Scipio might have the most LD points right now, but don't let that fool you. His task points are what have kept him at the front of the pack since the start of the LC. Like Wyvern, a high number of LDs alone won't help.
En'enra:En'enra did the one thing I was hoping people would: she had a lot of fun in her LD. Going from being chased in an ND to making friends and going to a concert in an LD is a great experience. While she may not have the most tasks completed, she wasn't point farming. She's sticking to the spirit of the LC.

Task 1 Top 3
Scipio Xaos
Wyvern
Thorn

Announcement

Now that you have an understanding of how team advantage and the Team Tasks work, I have one last announcement.

Didn't finish something in a previous Task? Why yes, all of you have so far tounge2. Even though there may be new tasks every week, it will be very beneficial for you and your team to go back and finish what you started.

At the end of Task 5, I will calculate the team with the higher overall participation rate. That's right, the highest participation for all tasks together.

As tradition, I always have a short bonus task at the end of the LC. The team with the highest participation will have significant influence over the bonus. Even if your team is down in participation now, if you get it up by the end, you'll have a serious reward.

That's all I can say for now. Happy lucids Rhewin!

Scores are updated

#100:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Thu 26 Jun, 2014
    ----
Investigation team, I left a note in your team discussion.

#101:  Author: eMander PostPosted: Fri 27 Jun, 2014
    ----
I had a dream last night in which I was with my pet cats, and I was briefly lucid (but not at the same time).

http://ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=716945#716945

#102:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Fri 27 Jun, 2014
    ----
The Transformation Team has claimed mer-creatures (mermaids, mermen, mer-whatevers).

#103:  Author: Siiw PostPosted: Fri 27 Jun, 2014
    ----
I had a long LD! Everything I did in it has already been done the previous week.

#104:  Author: HeHu PostPosted: Fri 27 Jun, 2014
    ----
Had a short LD tonight (DILD), I'd say a couple of minutes max, changed the weather and scenery a few times by pressing the palm of my hand with my finger, had problem keeping my eyes open, they were extremely tired.

I was pretty focused however since I instantly remembered to work on the tasks, but I realized I hadn't read them through correctly yesterday so I guess I kinda failed a bit.

Tried to spawn a "Topicat" but don't really know what it is so it turned into a speaker of some sort, then I spawned a werewolf but it became a naked lion cub that meowed, froze it a few times then I woke up.

#105:  Author: En'enra PostPosted: Fri 27 Jun, 2014
    ----
Had a long LD after trying MILD. The dream started in the afternoon and ended at sunset. My pets were in it, I talked to my pet a bit, and it had pyramids, though I'm not sure if it counts for the monthly quest. :D

Last edited by En'enra on Fri 27 Jun, 2014; edited 1 time in total

#106:  Author: HeadInTheClouds PostPosted: Fri 27 Jun, 2014
    ----
I had a short LD last night.

It was a strange dream. It started with me running around naked on a roof with a shrunken head. I don't really remember when I became lucid, but it was at some point when I entered the party going on inside.

I found Goku from DBZ, who really wanted to help me for some reason, and I grabbed his shoulders. I pressed down and transformed him into a frog (I didn't know what animal, but the dream decided for me. I was originally thinking a wolf or a monkey.). He wasn't very happy with me for that. Then, I began to talk with him as a frog, but at the end I realized that my own thoughts were being played out loud acting like it was him talking. Nonetheless, I believe that he was talking as a frog at some point to me.

I then went into a bedroom and found a man lying on a bed. I think he was sleeping, but then he started to transform into a woman. I asked her to sing for me, and she did in a sort of whisper like voice, which was cool. Looking over the task, though, I'm not sure if that counts because it says to ask for the DCs favorite song. If it doesn't, let me know.

#107:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Fri 27 Jun, 2014
    ----
Soooo! A lot of things done this morning. :D I have no clue what to pick for personal task number two, but I'll think on it. You'll hear about probably tomorrow. That being said.... wow. :D

Chit-Chat with Baron ~ Long Lucid Dream ~ Task 2 Parts I & V LUCID
Chit-Chat with Cardia ~ Long Lucid Dream ~ Personal Task CHAIN

Stats so far:

#108:  Author: Oleg PostPosted: Fri 27 Jun, 2014
    ----
I don't particularly feel like doing stuff, so I quit for now. :v I just can't be bothered to pick up LDing for the time being, nor have any potential motivations to work from.

#109:  Author: StarryGwee PostPosted: Sat 28 Jun, 2014
    ----
Had a short lucid dream yesterday. Didn't complete any tasks because of my vision problems. How I became lucid was pretty funny though. tounge2

#110:  Author: Wyvern PostPosted: Sat 28 Jun, 2014
    ----
Just posting to say the Creation team has decided on sea serpents for the team task. If you consider that a dragon, our next choice would be Titan.

We've also decided on "Create a new dinosaur" for the Creation Advantage.

Also... since I've done my personal goal, my new goal will be to play "Splatoon"
... because it looks super fun to play in a dream. :D
SQUIDS!

#111:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Sat 28 Jun, 2014
    ----
Task 2 Team Dreams

I'll just post this here to make it nice and clean. The team tasks start now.

The creation team is going to be hunting sea serpents. Are you brave enough to go out on the water with just your team mates? As this is a creation team task, you could just summon the creature if you wish, or you could bring one to life from the pages of a book. However you find it, you and your team mate will definitely have a bit of work to bring the leviathans down.

Team Advantage

In this week's team advantage, the creation team has decided to create a new dinosaur. There's several ways to do this, though I like the idea of jumbling up some fossils and then animating them to see what you get tounge2. However, the only two requirements are that you make a completely new type of dinosaur (it's ok if you mix features from existing ones) and you bring it to life.

The investigation team will be interviewing a dragon. This encompasses all types of dragons. Bummed out that you can't turn into one yourself? Well, no one said you had to do the interview in human form. After all, you might just need to be a dragon to understand what it's saying wink5

The transformation team will be turning in to mer-creatures. The Little Mermaid not your thing? Then maybe you should consider a mer-dragon. Ok, that'd actually be pretty friggin sweet. You and your team mate don't need to turn into the same thing, as long as you're both mer-creatures (i.e. lower half of body is that of a sea creature).

#112:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Sat 28 Jun, 2014
    ----
@ian1: yay first animal points!

@Hodge_Podge: you're on the score sheet now! Get in there and help your team!

@Siiw: I added the lucid bonus for Task 1. Also, to answer your question about the animal task, since you did not incubate nor were you even aware of the task to have it in the back of your mind, I cannot take those points. Don't worry, though, I did get your lucid moment, and the task is still young ^^. Btw, if your long LD did include the things from the animal task, please let me know.

@HeHu: on the bright side you did actually summon something from a movie, even if it did turn into a naked lion. Also, I wouldn't take the topicat thing too seriously, that was a joke between Thorn and me tounge2

@En'enra: the monthly Quest is a bit more subjective and personal than the LC. If you feel like you completed it, then you did ^^. Congratulations, as that also means you get your wings!

@HeadInTheClouds: O.o I'm not sure what I read in that second dream of yours, but I think I liked it. I just realized I did not respond in the first dream with the werewolf. Yes, it counts as a movie animal. However, a werewolf in moonlight is not an animal in its natural habitat. If I had to stretch, I might say a foggy forest at night, but even then a werewolf is a fictional creature, not an exotic animal. Try again!

@Scipio: wow. much lucid. so chain. wow.

@Oleg: sorry to hear that sadblauw. Your name has been removed from the score board.

@Starry: 20pts headin' your way.

@Wyven: new task locked and loaded. Now, a real Clevern would combine this with the TF team's challenge. MER-SQUIDS!!!

Scores are updated.

And with 5 days left in Task 2, Scipio Xaos is maintaining his lead with his continued LDs and strong task performance. drd is still going strong, but En'enra's Quest-winning dream allowed her to slip past him into second place with a healthy lead. This means Wyvern's been knocked out of the top three.

Will Wyvern come back for revenge? Will En'enra make a run for first? Will drd blow them out of the water? Will someone else come in with the LD to end all LDs and skip over all of them? Will Batman and Robin escape the Joker's dastardly-designed death trap?! Tune in tomorrow to find out!

Team Participation*
Transformation: 8.3% participation (1 task per member)
Investigation: 3.6% participation (.4 tasks per member)
Creation: 0 participation (0 tasks per member)

*Participation rates calculated by the number of tasks completed by a team divided by the number of members on the team. Average number of tasks is then divided by total number of tasks. 100% participation is 12 tasks per member in Tasks 2-4

#113:  Author: Siiw PostPosted: Sat 28 Jun, 2014
    ----
Another lucid moment last night, unfortunately, the only animals involved were bugs and maggots. There were no animals in the long LD.

#114:  Author: Letaali PostPosted: Sat 28 Jun, 2014
    ----
Letaali wrote:
Niko plays a weird wind instrument made from tubes that go into the walls and come back to the room. It makes a deep vibrating sound like a didgeridoo. He asks me to play it as well. I move closer to the other end of the tube system. There's a small spider in the way which I swat before I try to play the instrument. I blow into the tube but I can't make as cool of a sound as Niko.

Does that count as hearing music and playing an instrument?

#115:  Author: obfusc8 PostPosted: Sat 28 Jun, 2014
    ----
Two extremely short lucid moments last night. Link. Nothing task related.

#116:  Author: HeadInTheClouds PostPosted: Sat 28 Jun, 2014
    ----
I found my pet in a ND last night.

#117:  Author: Thorn PostPosted: Sun 29 Jun, 2014
    ----
Here's an ND in which I become an animal (Sonic), have a conversation with an animal (Tails), and summon an animal from a TV show (Daggett from The Angry Beavers), as well as a short LD with no tasks accomplished.

#118:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Sun 29 Jun, 2014
    ----
Rhewin: Hopefully many more to come. wink5

That being said, in a chat with Koharo last night I realized something I'd really like to do for my second personal goal. I'd like to fly into space and gaze back at the planet (maybe Earth, maybe not) that I came from. I know I went to "space" in that LD I submitted recently, but that's not really what I'm going for.

So... new Personal Task: fly straight up into space and gaze back at the planet below.

#119:  Author: StarryGwee PostPosted: Sun 29 Jun, 2014
    ----
I had an ND of taming a gigantic dog. Not sure it counts for anything? I came across two enormous dogs that looked like golden retrievers. They were almost as tall as me! I placed my hand out to one of the dogs and walked slowly towards it. I gently pet him and eventually he warms up to me. It was very vivid. Stroking his fur seemed so real. I sat down and he curled up by my legs and fell asleep to me running my fingers through his fur. ^^

#120:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Sun 29 Jun, 2014
    ----
Had a pretty vivid ND here where I effectively became a Minotaur by possessing it's body.

#121:  Author: HeadInTheClouds PostPosted: Sun 29 Jun, 2014
    ----
Another night of strange dreams for me. I had a long LD. I've got a lot to write, so I put the LD in the spoiler tag.

I just remembered as I was typing this post up that I had a ND, where I was on a camping/hiking trail and my cat decided to run up to a large pack of a bear/wolf pack. I think it was bears at one point, and then changed to wolves. Does this count for meeting an exotic animal in its habitat?

So, yeah, a lot of strangeness from last night. I honestly didn't even realize how odd a bird talking to me was until I wrote it down here. I also didn't mean to kill the bird, but it happened.

Also, no tasks, but just wanted to share. There was a treasure hunt going on in one of my NDs, which led to a hotel where Abed from Community was dressed in white robes and singing some odd song that was supposed to be a hint. I had this dream I think twice last night and the second time I ganged up with him, Shirley, and possibly someone else to screw everyone else out of the competition.

#122:  Author: Thorn PostPosted: Mon 30 Jun, 2014
    ----
Here is a long LD in which I communicate telepathically with an animal (how convenient that I visualize LD4all members based on avatars ). I know I already did this Task task, but I now have the lucid bonus for it.

Rhewin, I'm totally mad that you added "Become lucid" as a Quest condition, as I explored pyramids in an ND. grrr How dare the Quests on a lucid dreaming site require lucidity...!

#123:  Author: drd PostPosted: Mon 30 Jun, 2014
    ----
Had 3 lds chained together for a long length. Flipped some cars and flew. Looked for my cat and failed. No subtasks completed

#124:  Author: Koharo PostPosted: Mon 30 Jun, 2014
    ----
6/29/14
-Played air guitar, feeling these strange vibrations on my fingers and torso every time I'd strum. Wasn't a lucid dream though...

#125:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Mon 30 Jun, 2014
    ----
@Letaali: yep, that counts ^^. That was a normal dream, yes?

@Scipio: fly away

@HeadInTheClouds: if you consider a bear/wolf to be exotic, I can count that. Points for the music task as well.

@Koharo: air or not, that's still an instrument!

Scores are updated

Thorn has now made his way into the top three and is tied with En'enra for second. HeadInTheClouds is only 15 points behind in third.

I don't have time to completely calculate the team participation rate at the moment. I do know that the Transformation Team is still leading, but Creation is on the board now.

#126:  Author: Letaali PostPosted: Mon 30 Jun, 2014
    ----
Yes, it was a normal dream. Also heard a guitar being played and some music from a radio after that dream, so those points should be fairly well covered.

#127:  Author: Siiw PostPosted: Mon 30 Jun, 2014
    ----
I had a medium LD or rather a string of three short ones. Will post after work, no tasks done.

#128:  Author: obfusc8 PostPosted: Mon 30 Jun, 2014
    ----
Another short, rather unimpressive LD here. No tasks accomplished as I heard the music after I lost lucidity.

#129:  Author: drd PostPosted: Mon 30 Jun, 2014
    ----
I had a long ld chained with 7-8 long DEILDs for a VERY long combined length. I think the initial ld may have been my longest ld. I talked to my cat, turned my mom into a dog, and talked to her as well. I also completed my personal goal for sure this time.

#130:  Author: HeadInTheClouds PostPosted: Mon 30 Jun, 2014
    ----
@Rhewin

I'm on the fence about the task myself, but after thinking about it, I think it would probably be better not to count bears/wolves as exotic. I feel like an exotic animal ought to be one you could find at the Zoo.

#131:  Author: Mew151 PostPosted: Mon 30 Jun, 2014
    ----
I had a long LD last night. I'll just count it as long. I lost and regained lucidity in the dream. I might have tamed an animal last night. I felt like I "changed its alignment", and then later summoned it to attack some enemies, but I didn't adopt it or control it or anything. I did make it stop attacking me, though.

#132:  Author: Thorn PostPosted: Mon 30 Jun, 2014
    ----
I briefly glanced at my pets in the second ND here.

#133:  Author: drd PostPosted: Tue 01 Jul, 2014
    ----
I also turned music into something physical.

#134:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Wed 02 Jul, 2014
    ----
So close to doing all the subtasks and the team dream for the current task... Just needed another minute or so and it would have been in the bag and I would have been swimming in the ocean... Oh well.. there's always tonight! :D

Almost Merfolk ~ Short Lucid Dream

Stats so far:

#135:  Author: Letaali PostPosted: Wed 02 Jul, 2014
    ----
Talked with a dog in a non-lucid dream.

#136:  Author: drd PostPosted: Wed 02 Jul, 2014
    ----
I had a DILD with 3 DEILDs chained together for a long ld, where i flew aroung and completed no tasks. After a 20 min wbtb I Had 6-7 more for another long length. I stretched out a butterknife, and played it like a guitar. I flew around a stadium, with my wings playing this guitar for a couple of my friends It played evry note I thought of.

Last edited by drd on Wed 02 Jul, 2014; edited 1 time in total

#137:  Author: Siiw PostPosted: Wed 02 Jul, 2014
    ----
Very short LD. Is the limit still 30 seconds? I'm not sure if it was more than that, or not.

#138:  Author: Thorn PostPosted: Wed 02 Jul, 2014
    ----
The third dream here is my longest LD ever and has several tasks. I try to bring my plush to life but "fail" when the dream provides an alternate explanation. I later start music in a dreamscape and then change that music to different music. I tame a group of rowdy orangutans when I unexpectedly transform into one and teach them to swim. A human DC turns himself into a hedgehog plush, which I then turn into a miniature version of my avatar, so I brought a toy animal to life and transformed a DC into an animal (and if only one of these counts at a time, I brought a small figurine to life later).

I'm pretty happy with myself. The only thing that frustrated me is, well...
<Thorn> I guess what has me angry or sad or something is that I caught the dream fading and fixed it not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES this morning
<Thorn> but because of DEILD, that's worth nothing; it's actually worth more to let it end and restart it
Saving the dream was a stupid decision on my part. I really should've just let the LD end once and re-entered for the chain bonus and "first time using a technique" bonus, but meh; I'll find those 60 points elsewhere. That, or I'll visit drd and Scipio in their homes and start shaking them when they try to DEILD. Either works. wink

Also, the second ND at that link has my pets being "found" as in the task description, in case the brief glimpse at them I claimed before doesn't count.

#139:  Author: StarryGwee PostPosted: Thu 03 Jul, 2014
    ----
Had a short lucid yesterday.. I say short because I can't remember some parts from the way I woke up. I did my personal task of creating stars by singing. Didn't turn out the way I intended it too, oh well. tounge2

#140:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Thu 03 Jul, 2014
    ----
@drd: wow, sounds like this was your week! Points, points everywhere!

@Scipio: close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades tounge2

@Siiw: there are no longer any "very short" LDs, they simply count as short. The only time it wouldn't count as a LD for scoring purposes would be if you woke up while still questioning if you are dreaming.

@Thorn: somehow the image of you as a monkey is fitting lach1

Scores are updated

If you have anything that could count for your team advantage, you have just over an hour to get it posted!

Team Participation*
Transformation: 17.6% (2.1 tasks per member)
Investigation: 4.7% (.57 tasks per member)
Creation: 4.2% (.5 tasks per member)

*Participation rates calculated by the number of tasks completed by a team divided by the number of members on the team. Average number of tasks is then divided by total number of tasks. 100% participation is 12 tasks per member in Tasks 2-4

#141:  Author: Wyvern PostPosted: Thu 03 Jul, 2014
    ----
Medium LD.

Tamed animals in my dream (made them into Nazi bunnies)
Talked with animals (Told them to mate and they responded tounge1)

My second personal task was also kiiinda done, but I'm not satisfied. There were no SQUIDS! Not gonna count that.

http://ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=717242#717242

#142:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Thu 03 Jul, 2014
    ----
Yea, I know Rhewin. Just a little frustrated that I came really close to doing it and was robbed of my chance to swim.

As to today, a short LD, no tasks. It was a very low level lucid and I didn't have a strong grasp of my thinking capabilities to do anything more than run on instinct and follow the plot.

Minecraft and Lucidity ~ Short Lucid Dream

Stats so far:

#143:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Thu 03 Jul, 2014
    ----
Task 3 - Technology!

Isn't technology great? It's improved our lives in a lot of ways, and it seems like there's always more coming out. Technology in dreams can get even crazier. After all, anything is possible. This week, we're going to explore the world of dream technology. And while it's easy to think of technology as meaning electronics, technology has been around for centuries. In fact, some technology lets us see the centuries.

Also, you'll notice now that team tasks are now worth more in general. No more freebies, you'll have to really work for these.

Use an electronic device (smart phone, computer, etc.) 20pts
Use an outdated piece of technology (steam powered, water powered, etc.) 20pts: to be clear, the power source doesn't matter. It just needs to be something that is now obsolete and not in common use. So yes, an abacus counts. But a TI-83 does not. Don't blame me, blame TI for never updating anything.

Use a 3D printer to make something 30pts: I don't care how you make the printer work or if it's actually a real-life model, just make it happen.
Build your very own robot out of whatever is laying around 40pts: it could be made out of anything, so long as it can move and do things on its own.

Ask a computer the answer to life, the universe, and everything 30pts: ok, it doesn't have to be a computer. Just some kind of sentient technology works.
Go into the internet 40pts: exploring cyberspace is the easy part. Getting in is tricky. I'll suggest going in through a computer monitor.

Turn a DC into a robot 30pts: this should be obvious, but turning a DC into a robot does not count as building one for the creation task.
Use technology in a way it's not intended 40pts: cook some food in the refrigerator, mow the lawn with your TV, sit down and relax while watching the World Cup on the radio. I dunno. Surprise me.

Task 3 Team Tasks

Creation: your team is going to make an invention this round. It's up to you to decide what your invention is supposed to do. You don't need to all use the same components, but all of your inventions should have the same function. Remember to get one of your team mates to help build it!

Investigation: it's time for time! It's Rhewin, you know that I have to do some kind of time travel. Pick what time period you'd like to go to, and, with a team member, check out some of the technology of the time. Getting to the time period is the important part, it's ok if the tech isn't exactly historically accurate. This is especially true if you pick the future.

Transformation: upgrade time. You're going to give yourself and a team mate cybernetic enhancements. Your team needs to pick out what enhancement you want. Then, in a dream, give yourself and a team member the enhancement. You only need to decide what the enhancement does, you can figure out the how in your dream.

Transformation Advantage

Transformation Team! You have won the advantage for Task 3! This week you can create your own task as long as it involves transformation and is based on this phrase: Giant Robots.

You have 48 hours to create the task or I'll make one for you. Transformation can include a lot of things. You can change yourself, DCs, the environment, whatever. Think creatively... or... transformationaly.

#144:  Author: Siiw PostPosted: Thu 03 Jul, 2014
    ----
ARGH! I used a spinning wheel in a dream, before I had read the task! This is getting ridiculous. 8P

#145:  Author: obfusc8 PostPosted: Thu 03 Jul, 2014
    ----
Does this count as taming an animal? From last night (Pre Task 3), normal dream:

Quote:
I squeeze into a narrow alley, scaring a bird that flutters away. As I continue down the alleyway, which is full of boulders and overhanging trees that I negotiate my way past, the little bird repeatedly flies away as I get close. Eventually I reach the end of the alley and the bird sits on my arm. It looks like the bird is made of ice. It sings in a very high pitched voice.

I also hugged a grey seal... whatsthat

#146:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Thu 03 Jul, 2014
    ----
Had a brief 45 second LD here where I ended up in the world of Legends of Treasure Island (cartoon version which aired on CITV in 1993-1994). If you're not familiar with it, here's some nightmare fuel from it that freaked me out when it first aired. :D

#147:  Author: Koharo PostPosted: Thu 03 Jul, 2014
    ----
7/3/14
-Med LD
-Task 3: Used an electronic device while lucid
-Regained lucidity

#148:  Author: Thorn PostPosted: Thu 03 Jul, 2014
    ----
The second dream here is a medium-length lucid dream with no tasks done (unless an automatic door counts as an electronic device, but I highly doubt that~). The third dream at that link is an ND in which I use a computer. I don't think e-mail was intended to be used to communicate with somebody from a distance of 20 feet apart, but I know that's not in the spirit of the task.

#149:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Fri 04 Jul, 2014
    ----
@Siiw: eepeth! I've decided you use AP to get on the forum at night and check the task, but then you forget about it the next morning

@obfusc8: sure

@james_uk2008: I wasn't planning on sleeping tonight anyway >.<

@Koharo: O.o that was quick

@ Thorn: no. No it isn't. So there.

Announcement

Inactive players
A couple of members have not contributed since the first day. These players will be marked as inactive (i) on the score sheet. They will not count toward the team advantage until the become active again. To become active, they only need to get points on the board. LD points, quest points, whatever. They just need to do anything and they'll be back at active status.

Note that this does not mean people with low scores or no points, only people who have not contributed to their teams or to the LC in any meaningful way.

And now for something different
Alright, it looks like all of you are getting the idea of how team tasks work. Now to make things a little MOAR interesting.

This week's winning team will get a bit more than just an extra task. In addition to the advantage task, the winners will have the rules bent in their favor. Indeed, losing this week would be quite... unfortunate.

You see, this week's winner gets to pick from...

gil Rhawin's Wheel of Misfortuneebil

Rhawin laughs at your misfortune

I will bend the rules for this week's winners in one of the three ways below. Before the week is up, your team must decide on one of them (don't tell the other two what you decided! Seriously!). Once Task 4 starts, I will bend the rules however the winners have asked.

If your team does not pick an advantage by the end of the week, or if any of your members tell the other groups what you have picked, Rhawin won't be happy. You don't want to see Rhawin unhappy.

So what are these choices?

1. Players must complete the Advantage Task before attempting any other Team Tasks
This is a great way to slow down your competition. They have to do your own, specially created task before doing anything else. However, this means you also have to do your own, specially created task before doing anything else. But that shouldn't be a problem... right?

2. For this task only, all of the winning team's Team Tasks are worth an additional +20pts.
This includes previous Team Tasks. However, the competition also gets an additional +20pts for doing your Team Tasks.

3. Two Teams trade places
The winning team can trade the places of two of our teams. They could switch the other two teams, or they could switch themselves with one of the others. You could really trip up some people with this. Be careful, you might make things easier on some people too.

4. SUPER MYSTERY FUN PRIZE
It's super mysterious... and fun! Or you could pick this and give it to another team.

Scores are updated

Edit: by Team Tasks, I mean the tasks your team votes on, not the ones I create.

#150:  Author: Letaali PostPosted: Fri 04 Jul, 2014
    ----
I used a calculator as a gaming device in a non-lucid dream. It kept changing while I used it. It had an xbox logo at one point and two screens like 3DS and the interface was controlled with eyes etc. I found it annoyingly hard to use.

#151:  Author: En'enra PostPosted: Fri 04 Jul, 2014
    ----
Here I used a PC to install a game, and a laptop to play a game in a ND.

A short and barely recalled LD here if it counts for anything.

I have to change the sleeping strategy. neutral

#152:  Author: HeadInTheClouds PostPosted: Fri 04 Jul, 2014
    ----
I had a short LD and two NDs with tasks last night.

In the first ND, I used Skype on a computer.

In the second ND, I had to deal with a monkey, who basically became my pet, but was still a bit wild. It was my job to take care of him, so I consider that taming an animal. At the end, though, he had somehow grown a tail with a spike at the end that looks like the spikes on Godzilla's back. He stabbed me in the stomach with one by accident, which almost led to a fatal injury in the dream.

In the LD, I brought life to a stuffed animal. It was able to move around on its own, although it didn't talk and still looked like a stuffed animal. I didn't purposely control it, but I did think about what I wanted it to do to prove it was alive, and when I did, it did those things. It waved to me, so I waved back to it.

In the same LD, I also used an outdated piece of technology. I used a wall-phone, which are the home phones that are attached by a cord and stuck to the wall. I figured that nowadays, those had went the way of the rotary phone, so it should count. I actually dialed my home phone number (well, the best that I could do in the dream, as there were no numbers and my fingers had a mind of their own). I actually got a response on the other side. "Sorry, That is incorrect." That or something similar, was what I heard. When I yelled at the automated message I'd received, I woke up.

#153:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Sat 05 Jul, 2014
    ----
Continuing with my streak of short lucids but nothing task related accomplished here's another one. At least I'm lucid, right? tounge2 Hopefully tonight I can actually do something.

Short Lucid TF ~ Short Lucid Dream

Stats so far:

#154:  Author: Mew151 PostPosted: Sat 05 Jul, 2014
    ----
This morning I had a very very short lucid moment. I also managed to have a conversation with an animal in the same dream, although when I was non-lucid. Also, said animal in question comes from a television show (My Little Pony grin) but I didn't "summon" it. I mean, in the dream I did turn on the television to watch My Little Pony, which I became a part of, but I didn't... "summon" any ponies. And then I used technology in another normal dream. So yay.

#155:  Author: drd PostPosted: Sat 05 Jul, 2014
    ----
I had a chain of 4-5 lds for a medium length. No tasks completed. I could no remember any of the tasks, so I practiced flying.

#156:  Author: eMander PostPosted: Sat 05 Jul, 2014
    ----
I had 2 short lucid dreams last night, and in one of them I had a short conversation with a dog:

http://ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=717336#717336

#157:  Author: Wyvern PostPosted: Sat 05 Jul, 2014
    ----
For the Creation team dream, we're going to invent thunder-works. They're like fireworks, only they shoot out lightning. tounge2

#158:  Author: Thorn PostPosted: Sat 05 Jul, 2014
    ----
For our team task, our team has decided that our cybernetic enhancements will aid flight. For our team advantage task, we are going the most direct route (but not necessarily the easiest route) of transforming into giant robots. The vote was quite close between these things and alternatives all week, but these things have a slight majority.

Last edited by Thorn on Sat 05 Jul, 2014; edited 1 time in total

#159:  Author: eMander PostPosted: Sat 05 Jul, 2014
    ----
The consensus on my team seems to be travel to 50 years in the future.

#160:  Author: En'enra PostPosted: Sat 05 Jul, 2014
    ----
Again a ND in which I used a pc and an old wool making thing that I don't know the English name for (edit: Siiw tells me it's called a spinning wheel). I also tamed a dragon. Is dragon an exotic animal? :D

Last edited by En'enra on Sat 05 Jul, 2014; edited 1 time in total

#161:  Author: obfusc8 PostPosted: Sat 05 Jul, 2014
    ----
Used my phone to take some photos in a short LD last night

#162:  Author: HeHu PostPosted: Sat 05 Jul, 2014
    ----
Got a medium lenght LD tonight (I'm estimating 15-20 minutes), my recall wasn't the best since it was early in the night and when typing it down afterwards I was extremely tired.

I didn't really perform any tasks, managed to fly a few times however, I did think about the task but had trouble spawning stuff so I just went with the flow. smile

#163:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Sat 05 Jul, 2014
    ----
Once again. tounge2 A short LD. No tasks. Gotta figure out how to make these dreams last longer again. tounge2

And HeHu: 15-20 minutes?? That's a medium LD for you? eek2 I'm so jelly. tounge2

More KAG ~ Short Lucid Dream

Stats so far:

#164:  Author: HeHu PostPosted: Sat 05 Jul, 2014
    ----
Scipio Xaos wrote:
Once again. tounge2 A short LD. No tasks. Gotta figure out how to make these dreams last longer again. tounge2

And HeHu: 15-20 minutes?? That's a medium LD for you? eek2 I'm so jelly. tounge2

Stats so far:

Well I'm not sure about the definitions whatsthat

This was by far the longest LD I have ever had, they are usually ~5, I guess it's a good thing lucid dreams never make wake up. smile

#165:  Author: Wyvern PostPosted: Sat 05 Jul, 2014
    ----
HeHu wrote:
Scipio Xaos wrote:

Stats so far:

Well I'm not sure about the definitions whatsthat

This was by far the longest LD I have ever had, they are usually ~5, I guess it's a good thing lucid dreams never make wake up. smile

The short/medium/long/longest definitions are relative the dreamer. 5 minutes could be short for one dreamer and long for another. If you feel you had your longest LD at 15-20 minutes, you should mark it as such, not medium. smile

#166:  Author: drd PostPosted: Sun 06 Jul, 2014
    ----
I had a medium length ld. I used my cell phone, and talked to a stuffed animal, Idk if that counts.

#167:  Author: StarryGwee PostPosted: Sun 06 Jul, 2014
    ----
Had a FLD yesterday in which I fed pokemons. Chikorita and bulbasaur. It was incredibly realistic, I made food appear in my hand and fed them. Also had a ND of using one of those old corded phones with the dial pad on the phone. tounge2

#168:  Author: obfusc8 PostPosted: Sun 06 Jul, 2014
    ----
Another short lucid last night. No tasks.

#169:  Author: En'enra PostPosted: Sun 06 Jul, 2014
    ----
Medium lucid. No tasks done.

#170:  Author: Koharo PostPosted: Sun 06 Jul, 2014
    ----
7/4/14
-FLD

-Used technology in a way it wasn't intended
Made a mini motorcycle from a Bop It and massager in one, and an exercise ball. The Bop It/massager functioned as makeshift handlebars. Had a blast drifting and zipping through the store isles. Wish the mini motorcycle was an autobot too seeing how I would've completed another task.

-Saw my former pet
It was a bit strange, but hey it could've been worse.

#171:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Sun 06 Jul, 2014
    ----
So... a long LD. Looks like my SC tried to make sure I'd get points for something at least... the things I did do... I did multiple times. tounge2 Sadly, I misrecalled other things and thought I did more than I really did... my "outdated technology" wasn't really outdated and the task is to become a giant robot not fight one with a team member. Still, a pretty awesome LD here. :D

Giant Robots and Thorn ~ Long Lucid Dream ~ Task 3 Parts I & VIII LUCID CHAIN EARLY

Stats so far:

Last edited by Cornelia Xaos on Wed 09 Jul, 2014; edited 1 time in total

#172:  Author: Thorn PostPosted: Sun 06 Jul, 2014
    ----
In the final dream here, I used a sword in a dream of the Middle Ages; I would think a sword is outdated in terms of weapons technology. That said, while your introduction to the task implies that technology needn't be electronic, the subtask implies that it does need a power source, so I am unsure if this gets credit... although you then mention an abacus as an example, so I'm every kind of confused.

#173:  Author: Mew151 PostPosted: Sun 06 Jul, 2014
    ----
I had a short LD this morning. And that's about it.

#174:  Author: drd PostPosted: Sun 06 Jul, 2014
    ----
Had a medium length ld. I opened up a flip phone, there was a cd, and a doughnut inside.

#175:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Mon 07 Jul, 2014
    ----
Sorry I've been quiet, guys. I've had a busy work weekend with the 4th of July sale, but everything should be good to go now. Since we're so late in the week, I will not do Task 2 final results like before. I can say that all of the top players last week were in the TF team. Creation and Investigation didn't come close, unfortunately. But hey, there's plenty of time to move ahead!

@HeadInTheClouds: I will agree, that is an outdated piece of technology.

@Mew151: you get points for the talking, but I'd need you to actually summon the pony for it to count. Still, that dream must have been like a dream for you... yeah just ignore me.

@En'enra: the taming part is fine, but no, a dragon is not an exotic animal, it is a mythological creature. Also, it would need to be in its natural habitat.

@HeHu: like Wyvern explained, if most of your LDs are 5 minutes, you should consider that to be a medium length dream for you. I have updated your scores to show your longest LD instead of just a short one.

@StarryGwee: the pokemon only count if you summoned them in the dream. You already have points for taming an animal.

@Koharo: O.o I will agree, that is definitely using technology in a way it was not intended.

@Thorn: sure that counts. I only mentioned power supplies because I wanted to emphasize that even some electronics can be out of date.

Scores are updated

Team Participation
Investigation: 10% (1.2 tasks per member)
Transformation: 7.4% (.9 tasks per member)
Creation: 4.2% (.5 tasks per member)

#176:  Author: HeHu PostPosted: Mon 07 Jul, 2014
    ----
@Rhewin: Alright, Thanks colgate

Got a short LD this night through WILD, was awesome and i was very aware, however it turned into a ND after a minute or so, so no tasks, also had a few FLDs later on and three FAs, the recall was amazing overall!

The cool thing is that i managed to stay aware when falling asleep without even trying to! colgate

#177:  Author: obfusc8 PostPosted: Mon 07 Jul, 2014
    ----
Blackboards are out of date technology, right? siiw From a ND this morning-

Quote:
There are a group of people standing around a blackboard brainstorming ideas. At first I stand behind them and listen to them talk, which makes them nervous for a while. Then I make some suggestions and scribble in chalk on the board.

#178:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Mon 07 Jul, 2014
    ----
Had an ND here where I started turning into an Anthro Shark creature (Task 2).

#179:  Author: Siiw PostPosted: Mon 07 Jul, 2014
    ----
I had a short lucid moment last night. The only technology was a phone.

#180:  Author: HeadInTheClouds PostPosted: Mon 07 Jul, 2014
    ----
Not sure if it counts, but I used technology last night in a ND that wasn't how it was supposed to be used.

I used a mini-fridge as a safe. However, later in the dream it was called the iSafe, so not sure if that would disqualify it.

#181:  Author: eMander PostPosted: Mon 07 Jul, 2014
    ----
Last night, I had a ND in which I used my computer keyboard as a musical instrument:

http://ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=717447#717447

#182:  Author: drd PostPosted: Mon 07 Jul, 2014
    ----
Had 2 LDs chained together for a medium length. I attempted to build a robot, out of what seemed like computer parts...I failed.

#183:  Author: Hodge_Podge PostPosted: Tue 08 Jul, 2014
    ----
Greetings World (and others)!

I Hodge Z. Podge had a dream 2 nights ago that I was at the supermarket and the lights went out. I grabbed a flashlight and turned it on. The beam was blue. I couldn't find my receipt, and I couldn't leave until I found it. There was a guard that didn't believe I bought items. I wasn't lucid cry .

World (and others). . . you may go back to your lives! grin

#184:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Tue 08 Jul, 2014
    ----
@obfusc8: I almost said no as a lot of universities still use them, and schools in general for that matter. However, it is something schools are moving away from and I don't think any new school in its right mind would install them.

@james_uk2008: you already have points for turning into an animal. If you were trying your team dream of becoming a mer-creature, you'd have to do that with a team member.

@HeadInTheClouds: I think that's close enough to count.

@Hodge_Podge: I guess a flashlight could be an electronic device... at least, that's what I think you're trying to claim?

scores are updated

#185:  Author: Koharo PostPosted: Tue 08 Jul, 2014
    ----
7/6/14
-Task 2 seeing an exotic animal in its habitat
-NLD
-Saw a brown Burmy (a Pokémon) drifting off to sleep in a bush.

#186:  Author: Letaali PostPosted: Tue 08 Jul, 2014
    ----
Saw an exotic beast in the wild, I believe it was it's natural habitat. It was a cross between a squirrel and a kangaroo and it was massive. At least 2,5 meters tall. Link

I also said several times in the dream that I'm dreaming and did a few RCs without becoming lucid. I kept wondering why I couldn't become lucid. So I'll take 5 points for wondering if I was dreaming. Still no idea why I didn't become lucid.

#187:  Author: Siiw PostPosted: Tue 08 Jul, 2014
    ----
I had a short LD where I used a 3D-printer to make a flower vase. Will post after work.

#188:  Author: drd PostPosted: Tue 08 Jul, 2014
    ----
Had a short LD. I told some DCs to turn into robots, and they laughed at me. cry It failed.

#189:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Tue 08 Jul, 2014
    ----
I overlooked this one the first time around. July 4ths ND, I used an electronic device (computer) which malfunctioned on me.

#190:  Author: Thorn PostPosted: Tue 08 Jul, 2014
    ----
Here are some LC points. The first dream has no points but discusses my LC dream incubations. The second dream has me using technology in an unintended way by storing and retrieving ink cartridges from a refrigerator. The third dream is a short LD with no tasks done.

#191:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Wed 09 Jul, 2014
    ----
So. A little luck this morning... well.. not really. Should just be thanking the latest Mind-Virus for the NLD'd task. tounge2 I used a catapult in my dream this morning, and I believe that should qualify as outdated technology.

Heist in my House ~ Non-Lucid Dream ~ Task 3 Part II

Stats so far:

#192:  Author: StarryGwee PostPosted: Wed 09 Jul, 2014
    ----
Yesterday I had a lucid moment. Still struggling with control. Also heard music in an ND where I graduated and sat down to watch a band play on stage. They sang in another language and had some young dancer dressed in light flow-y colourful material. In another ND I used my mobile phone as a sort of time traveling device. tounge2

#193:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Wed 09 Jul, 2014
    ----
It's almost time for the teams to choose. What's the worst that could happen by picking the SUPER MYSTERY FUN PRIZE?

#194:  Author: Montebest PostPosted: Wed 09 Jul, 2014
    ----
I return from a long vacation and an even longer dry-spell, with points for Team Transformation. Two NDs, unfortunately, but points nonetheless.
Both involved the use of electronics, although one I would like Rhewin's input on as to whether the device used was sufficiently 'electronic'.

And the points I would like input on...

I wouldn't try to claim points for a flashlight as an 'electronic' were it something simple like a Maglite. But seeing as it had over two brightness settings, which were switched by pressing on a single soft-button, rather than turning a dial or otherwise mechanically breaking the circuit, I would consider it an 'electronic'.

#195:  Author: Siiw PostPosted: Wed 09 Jul, 2014
    ----
I tamed a turtle in a dream, it wasn't lucid though. Work has piled up on me, and i'll hopefully be able to type up full dreams tonight, but can't promise anything.

#196:  Author: Mew151 PostPosted: Wed 09 Jul, 2014
    ----
In a ND last night I composed a cover and mash-up of two songs that sounded different enough for me to consider it "original music".

#197:  Author: drd PostPosted: Thu 10 Jul, 2014
    ----
Had a medium ld last night, chained with a DEILD. I tried to build another robot and failed. I guess building robots is not my thing :,(. Also the DCs did anything I told them to do, and I tried to talk to my SC but failed. It seems my recall picked up a bit last night

#198:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Thu 10 Jul, 2014
    ----
Almost time for Task 4. Make sure your team has turned in what you want for your advantage award! Turn in anything extra you might have, time's ticking down for this week's advantage.

Scores are updated

Team Participation
Transformation: 14.8% (1.8 tasks per member)
Investigation: 13.3% (1.6 tasks per member)
Creation: 10.4% (1.25 tasks per member)

#199:  Author: Wyvern PostPosted: Thu 10 Jul, 2014
    ----
Turned into a giant robot, did the Transformation team task with Thorn (wing upgrade), turned Thorn into a robot, used old piece of technology (record player) , used a cellphone.

long, short with DEILD, medium respectively.

http://ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=717570#717570

EDIT: And other points that I didn't write out 2 weeks ago. Did the Quest, played an instrument, turned music into something physical. Long LD.

Last edited by Wyvern on Thu 10 Jul, 2014; edited 2 times in total

#200:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Thu 10 Jul, 2014
    ----
Task 4 - Super Mystery Fun Task!

Welcome, everyone, to the Super Mystery Fun Task!

Rhawin is pleased with your choice

The Transformation Team has won advantage and has picked to infli- I mean give the SUPER MYSTERY FUN PRIZE to themselves! Yay! Little did they know, they changed the entire Task! Basically, I shoved all of my ideas into a little box. Now three possible tasks have been dispersed among the teams. Oh... about the teams.

Creation
Investigation
Transformation

Forget those boring old teams! For this task only, the SUPER MYSTERY FUN PRIZE has changed your teams into something a little different.

Say hello to the new teams:

Super: what's the point of having dream powers if you don't use them? Go out there and be super!
Mystery: there's a whole dream world of DCs. Who knows what secrets lurk in the shadows?
Fun: OMG PARTY!

In addition to new teams and random tasks, members of the Fun Team can do any one (1) opposing team task without penalty.

Also, the two non-advantage teams must complete team-voted Tasks while wearing party hats :D

The Tasks

Open the SUPER MYSTERY FUN PRIZE in a dream 20pts
Wear a party hat 20pts

Become a super hero 30pts: I mean costumes and a defined set of powers!
Rescue (or distress) a citizen 40pts: hero of villain? Time to show your true colors. Also, does not have to be in your super hero form, but what's the point of doing it otherwise?

Narrate your dream noir style 30pts:
just like the old detective movies of the 1930s.
Offer to solve a crime 40pts: you don't have to actually solve it, but you know there's potential for bonus points if you do!

Transform into an inanimate object 30pts: you've got some choices here. No moving!
Give yourself (and use) extra limbs 40pts: man-spider time!

Due to technical difficulties the Team Tasks will be posted within the next 10 minutes

#201:  Author: Thorn PostPosted: Thu 10 Jul, 2014
    ----
EDIT: Rhewin said Wyvern was too late, so meh, disregard. Yay victory!

Last edited by Thorn on Thu 10 Jul, 2014; edited 1 time in total

#202:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Thu 10 Jul, 2014
    ----
@Wyvern: that was posted exactly at midnight. Missed the deadline, I'm afraid.

My apologies for the wait. The forum is crawling. I could barely edit the previous post.

Task 4 Team Tasks

Super: no hero is complete without a villain. Create your own super villain (or hero if you're the villain). Figure out their name and powers and then confront them. You're gonna need back up on this one!

Mystery: in addition to solving a mystery for a DC, you can create your own mystery to solve. Decide on the type of case it is (theft, murder, etc.) and give the case a classy name like in those old Noir shows. Don't forget your side kick!

Fun: you know what? There haven't been enough dragons in this LC. Pick a specific type of dragon (western, eastern, skeletal, etc.) to become, and a second type of dragon for your team mate to become. Do I hear combining points with a previous task? Why yes I do.

FUN TEAM ADVANTAGE

You know what? Come up with whatever randomness you want. You can pick anything that relates to any of the above three teams (Super, Mystery, Fun), or the previous teams (Creation, Investigation, Transformation). The only exception is you must include the following word for inspiration: COWBOY

#203:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Thu 10 Jul, 2014
    ----
Thorn: to address your concern, I truncate and/or round when posting. The pure equation is done without rounding, just one equation after another the calculator. I did appear to make an error, however the final corrected participation rate leaves the Transformation team in the lead at 13.9% (13.8% truncated).

Edit: I also will not delay an entire LC Task because someone posted right at deadline. Even 11:59 is a stretch, but the post in question was posted as I hit the submit button.

#204:  Author: obfusc8 PostPosted: Thu 10 Jul, 2014
    ----
Long LD last night

Some task related stuff -

"Turn a DC into an animal" - the DC changed, but he didn't shrink to a proper size, so don't know if it counts.

"Meet with the creator of your favourite music" - well it was more him chatting with me, I kind of disregarded him as I'd forgotten about tasks at the time. Lost the dream before I could get him to sing his favourite song though. cry

#205:  Author: En'enra PostPosted: Thu 10 Jul, 2014
    ----
Not sure how this one would count because of the FAs, but posting it anyway. It was either a long LD, or lots of short ones, with lots of RCs. I tried to do a task but failed.

Also, this new task sounds exciting ♪

#206:  Author: HeadInTheClouds PostPosted: Thu 10 Jul, 2014
    ----
Okay, so I had a short LD last night.

In the LD, I was able to grow Wolverine's claws, albeit tinier versions. In a ND earlier in the night, I was Wolverine, but I never used my claws; I just got into a fight with some crazy dude who said I didn't need armor because of my abilities and that's why he decided to try to beat me up.

So how all that counts, I'm not sure. Claws seem like extra limbs to me, but maybe not? Also, I did become a superhero because I was Wolverine. And then, being Wolverine counts towards my personal goal. I'm not sure how this tallies up.

#207:  Author: eMander PostPosted: Thu 10 Jul, 2014
    ----
I had a medium-length lucid dream last night:

http://ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=717592#717592

#208:  Author: Siiw PostPosted: Thu 10 Jul, 2014
    ----
Still knocked out by work and a heat wave, but tomorrow if off if everything goes well and I'll type up then.

Last night, I used a flower knife to enter IRC messages with...on a cola bottle. I think that counts as using technology in an unintended way? It wasn't lucid, I just vaguely recognised this form of chat as something I had done before. Also, in the same dream, Soothsayer used a radio as a speech-to-text device.

#209:  Author: Thorn PostPosted: Thu 10 Jul, 2014
    ----
In the first ND here, I stood on a beach facing the water and fought against a giant squid. They are not native to my area, so I'm claiming the "find an exotic animal in its habitat" points.

#210:  Author: Mew151 PostPosted: Fri 11 Jul, 2014
    ----
I tried to solve a crime in a ND this morning. I also narrated it but I'm not sure if that counts.

#211:  Author: StarryGwee PostPosted: Fri 11 Jul, 2014
    ----
Had a short lucid moment yesterday, interrupted by my alarm turning on -_- Dreamt about being stalked in the ND. In the dream I thought I would get LC points because I was a victim. I discussed this on IRC in the dream.. mixed up victim/villain. I noticed I felt very disorientated and after a few strange events I realized I was dreaming and jumped out of an open window still half conscious. Questioned myself again to make sure it wasn't another FLD and flew above a beautiful area only to be awoken by my alarm shortly after. sadblauw

#212:  Author: Siiw PostPosted: Fri 11 Jul, 2014
    ----
Medium LD this morning. I had remembered the task wrong, and thought it was about superpowers. So I flew, and tore a hole in physical reality with my bare hands, but didn't even think of a superhero or villain. 8P

#213:  Author: HeHu PostPosted: Fri 11 Jul, 2014
    ----
I got lucid for a very brief period of time today, actually several times but the other times I got lucid after falling asleep in the previous dreams, believing that reality was the real life. (I could be wrong however, my recall isn't the best, I do remember one of the LDs were extremely vivid, but it could have been a FLD, however I was totally aware of that I was laying in my bed sleeping)

Oh yeah, in one of the NDs I also used a computer to browse facebook!

Edit: In the LD posted earlier (page 12), I managed to fly several times, forgot to mention that!

Last edited by HeHu on Sun 13 Jul, 2014; edited 2 times in total

#214:  Author: HeadInTheClouds PostPosted: Fri 11 Jul, 2014
    ----
I had a normal dream last night were I was in a MMORPG. I don't know if it counts as entering the Internet, but I was the actual avatar in the game, as if I was living inside of the game. I wasn't playing him from RL.

#215:  Author: drd PostPosted: Fri 11 Jul, 2014
    ----
Had a long LD chained with a DEILD last night. I put on a party hat, blew a couple noise makers, and then I opened the mystery box. There were actually two boxes, and I only opened one. They were colored blue, with the LD4all background, and on the top was the word "believe". Inside the box was a large set of d20s, and there were a bunch of RPG figurines. Inside the box, I found a DLC box, and it was green. It was much smaller, and I didn't open it.

#216:  Author: Wyvern PostPosted: Sat 12 Jul, 2014
    ----
The "Super" team has decided to use Snidley Whiplash as our Super Villain. His super powers would be tying knots super fast and surviving explosions, I suppose. tounge2

EDIT: TONIGHT IS THE SUPER MOON
NOW'S OUR CHANCE
GO TEAM

#217:  Author: Thorn PostPosted: Sat 12 Jul, 2014
    ----
My team has decided to use Western and Eastern dragons for its team task and will be robbing a bank for the advantage task.

#218:  Author: eMander PostPosted: Sat 12 Jul, 2014
    ----
For the team incubation, my team has voted on investigating diamond theft.

#219:  Author: obfusc8 PostPosted: Sat 12 Jul, 2014
    ----
2 Short LDs last night

In the first I got a DC to sing his favourite song -

Edit: I thought the task said box instead of prize... Doh. Never mind.

In the second, I found and opened a super mystery fun box... (does that count as a prize??) a white TARDIS :D

#220:  Author: Thorn PostPosted: Sat 12 Jul, 2014
    ----
I had a medium-length LD this morning, posted here, in which I gained and used extra limbs. I initially used my typical wings, but realizing that those may not count, I attempted (but did not finish) the team dream and moved a prehensile tail.

#221:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Sun 13 Jul, 2014
    ----
@Wyvern: sorry, I wish this really counted to the last advantage... you did really well!

@En'enra: looks like a long LD with a chain bonus

@HeadInTheClouds: claws are extensions of your current limbs, not new ones. However, I agree they count to your personal goal. And no, being an MMO avatar is not being in the internet. You have to go inside the internet yourself, not just make an avatar. I'm talking jumping in the screen. An avatar could do this, but you'd need to be doing it intentionally to be in the internet for the task.

@ian1: so close! Next time just try the toys outside!

@Siiw: that totally counts for using technology in an unintended way :D. Also, so close to the super hero task. If the SUPER MYSTERY FUN PRIZE hadn't been chosen, that may have been points!

@Thorn: I agree, natural habitat points awarded

@Mew151: wow, that was awesome for an ND :D

@StarryGwee: that sounds like losing and regaining lucidity in a dream. Sound right?

@Hehu: I can't really understand your post. How long is the LD you had, including chains? I will assume a medium with chain bonus for now. Also, flying is not a task.

@drd: let it be known! You have opened the SUPER MYSTERY FUN PRIZE. And it was filled with another mystery box. Its secretes will forever be hidden!

@obfusc8: of course that counts! In fact, for picking up on my avatar and having a unique experience, I think that's worth +10 bonus points!

Scores are updated

#222:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Sun 13 Jul, 2014
    ----
Quick Announcement

While I technically cannot force it, please turn in all points at least half an hour before the final deadline. The forum tends to be slow because of several people posting at once. During the last task, someone tried to post at 11:59 CST (new task is up at 12:00). I was not able to see the post before the new task was put up.

If the poster had given me their tasks earlier, it may have been worth enough to get the advantage. Like I said, I will not delay the entire LC because someone posted at the last second.

If you want to be 100% sure I count your tasks, please give me at least a few minutes to count you.

#223:  Author: StarryGwee PostPosted: Sun 13 Jul, 2014
    ----
Rhewin wrote:
@StarryGwee: that sounds like losing and regaining lucidity in a dream. Sound right?

Nah, my lucidity level just wasn't so high in the beginning. Questioning myself helped increase it. ^^

#224:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Sun 13 Jul, 2014
    ----
Welp... sadly my lucid streak seems to have died off... hopefully I'll turn it around soon. As for now, though, here's a moment in which I'm pretty sure I wondered if I was dreaming. I know it's not much points, but it counts for something so I might as well claim it. tounge2

Do Ya? ~ Lucid Moment

Stats so far:

#225:  Author: obfusc8 PostPosted: Sun 13 Jul, 2014
    ----
I tried to "solve a crime" in a ND this morning, or rather, prove my innocence:

#226:  Author: HeHu PostPosted: Sun 13 Jul, 2014
    ----
@Rhewin: Combined the LD lenght was probably around 10 minutes or so

#227:  Author: Thorn PostPosted: Sun 13 Jul, 2014
    ----
Here's two medium-length LDs with no tasks done.

Also, it occurs to me that yesterday's LD had me incubating and then actually dreaming about the same place and method used in one of my earliest transformations into a dragon. I knew I was incubating that for a reason, and it just occurred to me what I forgot to claim: I did the monthly Quest! I can't believe I forgot to claim that yesterday, and I hope it's not too late to make that claim.

#228:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Mon 14 Jul, 2014
    ----
So... I did a lot. tounge2 I'll mark the ones I'm not sure about as Tentative until the good ol' TM can take a look at them. Well... I did:
  • I was super!
  • I saved a distressed citizen(s)! Should be the "Exempt-From-Penalty" Sub-task.
  • I may have narrated my actions. I was trying to, but I don't know if one line of narration counts. tounge2
  • I grew extra limbs! Two, to be exact. tounge2

I'm Super ~ Short Lucid Dream ~ Task 4 Parts III, IV, V LUCID EARLY
Machamp Again ~ Short Lucid Dream ~ Task 4 Part VIII LUCID

Stats so far:

EDIT: Fixed a broken URL and removed the tentative "tags".

Last edited by Cornelia Xaos on Mon 14 Jul, 2014; edited 1 time in total

#229:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Mon 14 Jul, 2014
    ----
@Hehu: based on your previous times that would be long, then. Please be sure to specify if the dream in total is what you consider to be short, medium, or long ^^

@Thorn: nope, not too late at all!

@Scipio: didn't take you long to break that dry spell tounge2. The narration is fine, but I'll agree that it's not quite solving a crime so much as stopping a crime. Solving it would take a bit of a mystery element.

Things are getting close, but the top three seem to be holding steady. Thorn briefly passed Scipio for second, but Scipio knocked it out of the park with another set of strong LDs.

Also, Fun Team, make sure you follow Scipio's example. You can remove the penalty from one task from another team. Choose wisely.

Scores are updated

Team Participation
Fun: 5.6% (.7 tasks per member)
Super: 4.2% (.5 tasks per member)
Mystery: 3.3% (.4 tasks per member)

#230:  Author: HeadInTheClouds PostPosted: Mon 14 Jul, 2014
    ----
I had a medium LD last night and I transformed into a wolf at the end.

Initially, it was just my face that transformed, which was weird because it felt like it elongated itself. I thought I was going to fail, but right before the dream ended, the transformation completed, even though I don't recall having a tail.

#231:  Author: drd PostPosted: Mon 14 Jul, 2014
    ----
I had a medium length LD chain the other night. I wanted to fly, and I was stuck in a dimly lit house. I grew wings, and tried to turn into a golden statue, but I failed.

#232:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Mon 14 Jul, 2014
    ----
In ND #4 here, I wondered whether I was dreaming and went to perform the pinched nose RC but the dream ended too soon.

#233:  Author: Thorn PostPosted: Mon 14 Jul, 2014
    ----
Here's a medium-length LD with no tasks accomplished.

#234:  Author: Siiw PostPosted: Tue 15 Jul, 2014
    ----
I had a long LD! It was partially from the POV of a very well known DC, who has powers that could be compared to a superhero's, but since she is my OC, i doubt it will count for points. The important part is that she helped me create thunderworks!

#235:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Tue 15 Jul, 2014
    ----
I already talked to the people I needed to, so...

Scores are updated

Team Participation
Super: 8.3% (1 task per member)
Fun: 6.5% (~.8 tasks per member)
Mystery: 3.3% (.4 tasks per member)

#236:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Thu 17 Jul, 2014
    ----
Extension

my internet router has died. Because of this, I will not be able to update the challenge since I can only get on the internet with my phone. I am extending task 4 until midnight on Saturday Central Standard Time. Any tasks posted after tonight will still count as early until the new challenges posted. This also means you have more time to contribute a team advantage. I will be checking in on my phone if you have questions.

#237:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Thu 17 Jul, 2014
    ----
Had an LD here which at 7-8 minutes was definitely longer than average for me. I tried to do Task 4 (Dragons) and made quite a bit of progress with the transformation in terms of detail but wasn't able to complete it or manifest a team mate to do the Eastern Dragon portion of the task.

I grew a tail (extra limbs as per The Mystery Super Fun Task) and was actually able to move the lower half of it in a realistic fashion which is a first for me. smile

#238:  Author: obfusc8 PostPosted: Thu 17 Jul, 2014
    ----
In a ND, I rescued a 'citizen' from two evil guards last night.

#239:  Author: HeadInTheClouds PostPosted: Thu 17 Jul, 2014
    ----
I was Clark Kent in a dream last night, fighting with Superman's powers, but staying disguised as Clark Kent. Lets just say a lot of innocent DCs kept getting killed and it came down to me and the other guy with death grips on each others throats.

So, basically, I was a superhero in a ND last night. Also, saving or distressing citizens, I'm not sure if I qualified, but I suppose the guy I was trying to choke was distressed and I was trying to save the other citizens that were around, of which he kept killing.

#240:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Thu 17 Jul, 2014
    ----
No tasks, but the recall is back (at least for this morning tounge2 ) and I have a lucid to report.

Short Lucid Chain ~ Short Lucid Dream ~ CHAIN

Stats so far:

#241:  Author: Koharo PostPosted: Fri 18 Jul, 2014
    ----
Rhewin, would you count an obsolete gaming console or portable console as outdated technology?
In my case a PSP?

#242:  Author: HeadInTheClouds PostPosted: Fri 18 Jul, 2014
    ----
Really, really, really strange dreams last night. Anyways, I wondered if I was dreaming in one of my dreams. I was in the live audience for SNL and thought to myself that I always do this in dreams(which isn't true, but meh, dream logic) and I should do a RC. However, I said that it was obviously RL this time, so why bother. And thus DING DING DING!!!

#243:  Author: Thorn PostPosted: Fri 18 Jul, 2014
    ----
Here's a medium-length LD with no tasks accomplished. Multiple attempts at my personal goal failed.

#244:  Author: Koharo PostPosted: Sat 19 Jul, 2014
    ----
Submitting a short LD where I completed a task from the last LC. Heh I know the task won't count, but it was something I wanted to accomplish.

Completed four tasks, but I wasn't lucid.
-Transformed into a spider (Animal transformation & sprouting extra limbs)
-Wielding a bow in a DCUO mission (Outdated tech)
-Taking out these humanoids that threatened Metropolis citizens (Saving a citizen)

Here in my latest entry. Tasks starting at 7/15/14. (I've got to fix the link)

Quote:
Transform into an inanimate object 30pts: you've got some choices here. No moving!

How long must we remain motionless..?

#245:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Sat 19 Jul, 2014
    ----
Same as before. Recall seems to have returned and the dreams seem to be more vivid than the day before... additionally more lucids! :D Still... even though I tried to incubate the tasks into my memory I still tend to be swayed by dream plot and utilize my lucidity to take on what's going on around me. Can't complain though; it's fun. tounge2

Scales 1.0 ~ Short Lucid Dream

Stats so far:

#246:  Author: obfusc8 PostPosted: Sat 19 Jul, 2014
    ----
Had a short LD last night.

Sadly I got close to a few tasks but didn't complete any. I changed from a wolf into a human, and then later I didn't fully transform into a bird, I just had wings. I saw a woman with a keyboard, but she vanished before I could play it... Sigh. Still... lucid again! Hurrah! ^^

#247:  Author: drd PostPosted: Sat 19 Jul, 2014
    ----
Had a long LD with a chain. I turned into a golden statue. i exitted my body to observe myself, and then i was sitting on a bench. i then sat next to myself on the bench.

#248:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Sun 20 Jul, 2014
    ----
Router is up and running, new task is up soon. Post anything you've got! And again, please post by 11:30pm CST

@HeadInTheClouds: you were definitely rescuing citizens!

@Koharo: I might call some game consoles obsolete, but a PSP still uses current technology. Even if it's been overshadowed by the Vita, I'd have a hard time calling it obsolete or out of widespread use. The bow counts anyway, so you still get the points. To answer your question, you just need to become an inanimate object. Like, unable to move unless you used dream powers to move. But if push came to shove, I'd say just a few seconds are fine. Let me know if I need to update.

@Thorn: come on, you've only got one Task left!

Scores are updated

Team Participation
Fun: 11.1% ( 1.3 tasks per member)
Mystery: 8.3% (1 task per member)
Super: 8.3% (1 task per member)

#249:  Author: Wyvern PostPosted: Sun 20 Jul, 2014
    ----
Medium LD with chain. Wore a party hat.

http://ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=717917#717917

#250:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Sun 20 Jul, 2014
    ----
Task 5 - Fiction!
Fiction comes to life in dreams. Anyone who knows me knows my DG is that avatar you keep seeing in my posts. In fact, a lot of dreamers on LD4all love to explore the world of fiction in person. To wrap up this LC, let reality go and let the dream in. To quote Dr. Sidney Freedman: "Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice. Pull down your pants and slide on the ice!"

...I'm not entirely sure what that has to do with fiction other than I wanted to throw in a M*A*S*H reference somewhere.

Oh yes, and welcome back to Creation, Investigation, and Transformation. As the Fun team no longer exists, its members are no longer eligible to claim an opposing Team's task without penalty. Also, the other two teams no longer have to wear party hats to do team-voted teasks tounge2

The Tasks

Do something that defies the laws of physics +20pts: fly, walk through a solid wall, stand upside down on the ceiling. BASICALLY FREE POINTS!
Do something you would never do in real life +20pts: and I mean you specifically. Maybe it's stabbing someone in the shin. Maybe it's giving money to the homeless only to then rob them and take it back. Maybe it's dancing naked on the White House lawn. Maybe it's something I can't even think of. Only you know what you wouldn't do. *Credit to Thorn as the basic premise is an unused idea from LC 42*

Film or star in your own movie +30pts: BLATANT LC TASK THEFT ALERT!!!! Credit to Wyvern for making up this task in LC 41 tounge2. Basically, either film a movie or be filmed while starring in one. And it has to be fiction, not a documentary!
Bring an elemental to life +40pts: this is a venture into the world of fantasy. Turn an element into a living being. You could make a fire beast, a water sprite.. whatever!

Have a conversation with one of your favorite fictional characters +30:
yeah, just pick whoever floats your boat. I will not count fictional adaptations of historical figures unless they're way off from the source material. Basically, no historical dramatizations. For example: Lincoln in the movie Lincoln does not count. Lincoln in the movie Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter does.
Write the dream as it's happening +40pts: what do I mean? Imagine you just found a typewriter. Everything you write actually happens as you write it. You write that there is a car crash 30 feet from you? It happens. You write your secret crush falls madly in love with you? It happens. Remember, with great power comes a hell of a good time.

Absorb the power of an element +30pts:
find an element and absorb its powers. For example, you might find a fire, suck it up, and then suddenly be able to shoot fire from your hands. And an "element" could be anything, such as rocks or trees or nuclear energy. You only have to absorb it from a source. Look up Infamous: Second Son if you need a better example.
Turn yourself and the world into an 8- or 16-bit video game +40pts for you kids, that means something like the NES or Sega Genesis. OK, fine, I'll also accept things like the Super NES and Sega Saturn... but nothing more! I don't care if the DCs transform, but I do want you to become a sprite.

Task 5 Ultra Team Task
And now for something different...

For this final task, each team will contribute something to a massive Ultra Team Task. To receive credit, you have to use all three parts of this task in your dream. However, you can complete this task with any other LC member, not just your teammates. Do not discuss what your team is choosing with any other team, and do not post in the topic when you have decided. PM me with your team's decision and I will have the Ultra Team Task posted in its total.

In this Task that has never before been attempted, we will create a duel worthy of cinema that, if it were in a movie, would be talked about for all eternity!!! This will not be an easy task by any means. In fact, it'll take a lot of control and good memory for what to do. Because of this, it is worth a TON of points.

What's a ton of points? Can I hear +200pts? I think I can. Obviously this is is a significant number of points and could be game changing. Because of this, I will not award any partial credit. You have to complete all parts of the task at once in the same dream. No visiting the location and then having a duel somewhere else and then TFing in yet another place. All three parts much be present.

The Creation Team will decide how you will duel. Will it be a Jedi lightsaber fight? A wizard duel from Harry Potter? Turn three paces then fire? We'll find out soon enough.

The Investigation Team will decide where you will duel. It must be a world or universe from a work of fiction. The world of Pandora from Avatar? The Island of Lilliput from Gulliver's Travels? World 1-1 from Super Mario Brothers 3? It just keeps getting better.

The Transformation Team will decide who you get to duel as. Obi-Wan and Darth Vader? Sonic and Dr. Robotnik? Sherlock Holmes and Moriarty? You can pick which of the two you become, but you must become one *and* the other must be your teammate transformed.

Transformation Team Advantage

The advantage task will continue as normal. The task must include something do to with transformation and be inspired by the following word: KEY

And, just in case anyone asks,

Final Team Participation
Fun: 11.1% ( 1.3 tasks per member)
Super: 10.4% (1.25 task per member)
Mystery: 8.3% (1 task per member)

Good luck, everyone, and Happy Lucids! Rhewin

Last edited by Rhewin on Sun 20 Jul, 2014; edited 1 time in total

#251:  Author: Koharo PostPosted: Sun 20 Jul, 2014
    ----
Quote:
@Koharo: I might call some game consoles obsolete, but a PSP still uses current technology. Even if it's been overshadowed by the Vita, I'd have a hard time calling it obsolete or out of widespread use. The bow counts anyway, so you still get the points. To answer your question, you just need to become an inanimate object. Like, unable to move unless you used dream powers to move. But if push came to shove, I'd say just a few seconds are fine. Let me know if I need to update.

Alright cool.

Yea I morphed into a remote control car and took off like a bat out of hades. How I moved? I just moved/drove where I willed myself to go, so I believe I missed that one. I don't believe I used an ability to move.

Edit: Man and I did some of these tasks this morning too haha

Last edited by Koharo on Sun 20 Jul, 2014; edited 1 time in total

#252:  Author: HeadInTheClouds PostPosted: Sun 20 Jul, 2014
    ----
Question: For things we would never do in real life, does that also mean things we would never usually do while dreaming? Because the way I interpret it, simply flying would be enough to fulfill the task, as I'd never do that in real life. Could you please clarify?

#253:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Sun 20 Jul, 2014
    ----
@HITC: I mean things your personality, morals, or the general rules of society would not normally allow you to do. Check my examples.

Edit: here's a better way to word this. I don't care about things that are impossible to do in real life, I care about things you *wouldn't* do in real life, even if you could.

#254:  Author: Siiw PostPosted: Sun 20 Jul, 2014
    ----
Rhewin, I had a long LD, and had a conversation with a character from Silmarillion by Tolkien. (The elven captain) And, I teleported, of course.

I had this LD 4 hours after you posted the tasks, but...hadn't read it yet. sadblauw

#255:  Author: drd PostPosted: Mon 21 Jul, 2014
    ----
I had a long LD with a chain last night. I flew with wings, did some naughty things with a random DC, and changed the way a song sounded while it was playing

#256:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Tue 22 Jul, 2014
    ----
@Siiw: ok it was kind of tragically funny at first but now I just feel bad hugs

Scores are updated

Ultra Team Task

So, I have seen the results and I am amused. Some teams seemed a little undecided, so I went with what was PMed to me and seemed to have the most votes in your team. Again, highly amused. You have made Rhewin's day. Thank you. Thank you all.

I will post this slightly out of order just... just to let it all sink in. Spoilers just to add tension.

First of all, you will be having your duel in:

You will have your duel in the forms of:

And most importantly, your duel will be in the form of...

Man I would pay money for this.

Transformation Advantage

The final Advantage Task is to turn an object into a Keyblade from Kingdom Hearts. You don't need to know the game, here's a pretty gif of a bunch of different types.

#257:  Author: obfusc8 PostPosted: Tue 22 Jul, 2014
    ----
Medium LD Last night

I flew (for the impossible in RL task), and narrated part of my dream:

#258:  Author: HeadInTheClouds PostPosted: Wed 23 Jul, 2014
    ----
I did something I'd never do IRL in a ND. I was crying and slapped my dad with a magazine over something really stupid. So yeah, I would go to say that this would likely never happen.

#259:  Author: Thorn PostPosted: Wed 23 Jul, 2014
    ----
Here's a medium-length LD. I performed the "defy physics" task the exact same way as everybody else, which is a shame, as I really wanted to either move something through a solid or violate the square-cube law and then try to goad you into awarding creativity points. I remembered my personal goal but didn't get the chance to work on it.

Last edited by Thorn on Thu 24 Jul, 2014; edited 1 time in total

#260:  Author: Siiw PostPosted: Wed 23 Jul, 2014
    ----
I had a short LD, but didn't do any tasks.

#261:  Author: Koharo PostPosted: Thu 24 Jul, 2014
    ----
7/22/14
-Submitting a near miss, short LD where I met Rhewin in the form of his avatar in black and white/The Doctor. He takes me to something similar to a TARDIS and helps me find a few other contestants, (Letaali, Thorn, and Scipio), but I couldn't remember any tasks.

-I take the form of Spiderman/a hero in a Long LD, but I wasn't lucid.
-While lucid, I defy physics, using a new flight method that involved using raw energy and brute force opposed to using a more graceful style. (Defied physics on multiple occasions, but submitted this one because I was lucid then.)
-I do something I would never do IRL, threatening a close relative and saying things I would never say to him IRL (wasn't lucid and completed this a few times throughout the dream).
-I meet and converse with Jimmy Neutron, Sheen, and Carl who help me out at the safe house.

Last edited by Koharo on Fri 25 Jul, 2014; edited 1 time in total

#262:  Author: HeHu PostPosted: Thu 24 Jul, 2014
    ----
Got two short LDs this morning by WILD(?), they were pretty much in a row.

#263:  Author: HeadInTheClouds PostPosted: Thu 24 Jul, 2014
    ----
I had a short LD last night.

In it, I asked a computer for the answer to life, the universe, and everything. It brought up a color selection window (like when choosing a font color in Word) and clearly selected white, which I took to be its answer. I was a bit disappointed, but whatever. I then tried to enter the Internet through the computer screen. I ended up in the computer screen, but then was pushed back out. I then took the computer and stretched it over myself into a sort of glass bubble and brought it down on myself, trying to enter the Internet that way, but it didn't work. However, I think that qualifies as bending the laws of physics.

Also, not sure if this counts, but I had a dream about Arrested Development in a ND last night. George Michael was asking me about love and what he should do with Maybe (I got no clue if I spelled that right). Anyways, he was one of my favorite characters from that show, but I don't know if that qualifies for the task from this week.

#264:  Author: drd PostPosted: Thu 24 Jul, 2014
    ----
*drd pokes Rhewin....Task 5 isn't on the scoreboard!

#265:  Author: StarryGwee PostPosted: Fri 25 Jul, 2014
    ----
Had a long LD the other day. Forgot most of it, but mainly recalled flying at night and spotted something bright in the distance and went to investigate. I sang in it too. In a ND I saved a guy from being killed by an evil lady by flying away using barstool chairs.. It felt really odd lol.

Had a short lucid today. Opened the super mysterious fun prize. Wasn't very fun or super.. I asked a DC lady where to find it. She had an evil presences.. She led me to a long plastic box. While getting there I woke up briefly but got back in. She opened the box for me and inside was the "prize" wrapped up badly. I tipped the box to get it out and pulled apart the wrappings having a baad feeling. I find my old school mate dead. overspannen I wanted to fly away but some other DC saw and started blaming me for killing her. I lost some lucidity and ended up trying to explain my innocence.

#266:  Author: Koharo PostPosted: Fri 25 Jul, 2014
    ----
-7/24/14 FLD
Forest Of Death Chunin Exam: Koharo, Naruto, And Sasuke vs Orochimaru

neutral Exactly where would Orochimaru stand for task 2..? Would he count as an animal?

Naruto, Sasuke, and I fought him in the Forest of Death, and I spoke with Orochimaru here and there during our fight. There were times where he took on more snake-like traits, morphing his lower body to that of a snake, and stretching his neck to prevent my new finisher, Head Hunter's Cradle, from working.

#267:  Author: Siiw PostPosted: Fri 25 Jul, 2014
    ----
I made up for the failure on the first night, and talked to several LOTR characters. I was also filmed while acting scenes from LOTR. It was strangely enough not lucid.

(edit) to clarify: it was a film set in the beginning, but it evolved into real locations and real characters

#268:  Author: Thorn PostPosted: Fri 25 Jul, 2014
    ----
I'm not sure if the thing one would never do in real life has to be completely over the top, but in the final dream posted here, I lash out at somebody while all of my students watch. I'd like to think I'm more professional than that IWL; this was a case of exaggerated dream emotions taking over and is pretty much what I expected would happen for this task in an ND. If that's not ridiculous enough to count, know that I was also completely calm during the disturbing dream before that, when I'd be freaking out and screaming IWL.

#269:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Sat 26 Jul, 2014
    ----
Sorry the scores haven't been updated. Excel apparently wasn't saving my work online like I had thought. Everything should look up-to-date now.

@HITC: yeah, I agree about it counting toward the laws of physics. Also, the fictional character qualifies.

@Koharo: he might count as a mythical creature, but that would have been something you'd needed to have set with your team during that task.

Scores are updated

I will not be posting the current Team Participation rates. You have until tomorrow night to do any sub-tasks that might still be left over. The Team that has the highest overall participation will have influence over the bonus task, but will not have an advantage.

#270:  Author: Mew151 PostPosted: Sat 26 Jul, 2014
    ----
Rescued a distressed citizen in this ND.

#271:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Sat 26 Jul, 2014
    ----
Gotcha, Mew wink5

#272:  Author: drd PostPosted: Sat 26 Jul, 2014
    ----
Had a medium length ld, no tasks completed

#273:  Author: obfusc8 PostPosted: Sat 26 Jul, 2014
    ----
Had some cool dreams last night... Not sure when the deadline is and I have to go out for a few hours so I will post the full entries when I get back.

In the first dream I was batman, I had batarangs and his grapple hook gun, and I saw my reflection in a glass window I was in the full costume.

Last dream of the night was TRONesque where I got caught and dissolved into pixels by the bad guy who looked like Antony Stewart Head... and transported into a circuit board style game with gates and car type vehicles. Then I escaped into the real world and saved a programmer girl from evil Antony Stewart Head... :D

Edit: Link here. These were normal dreams, not lucid.

#274:  Author: drd PostPosted: Sat 26 Jul, 2014
    ----
Had a long LD last night with a chain. No tasks completed.

#275:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Sat 26 Jul, 2014
    ----
Here's some things! :D Did quite a few tasks; all of them by accident.. one was even NLD'd! eek2 Looks like I tried to grab a few hundred points before the bonus task goes up. tounge2

Neverwinter Nights Shard ~ Non-Lucid Dream ~ Task 2 Part VII
Ghosts, Hamsters, and a Pool ~ Short Lucid Dream ~ Task 2 Part VIII & Task 5 Part I LUCID EARLY

Stats so far:

#276:  Author: Hodge_Podge PostPosted: Sat 26 Jul, 2014
    ----
Greetings all! This is Hodge A. Podge! A few nights ago I had 2 chained LDs!

The first LD involved myself changing the color of a wall to a blue color. Also, Sandra Bullock made a surprise cameo!

The second LD was about going to a hotel. I gained lucidity because the name on the hotel sign changed. I made the hotel clerk pay me to stay at the hotel.

Unfortunately, I didn't take advantage of my LDs. It seemed like I had low lucidity, or I was just content with what the dreams were about.

#277:  Author: Thorn PostPosted: Sat 26 Jul, 2014
    ----
While I doubt these task "completions" count, Wyvern wanted me to post them because the second one was funny. In the first ND here, I think of an idea for my Sonic 2 ROM hack and the dream changes to a 3D representation of the 16-bit art. Later in the dream, I absorb the earth element and gain the power to shoot rocks (read: the dream tells me to eat dirt and rocks until it makes me sick to the point of vomiting it back up).

#278:  Author: Wyvern PostPosted: Sun 27 Jul, 2014
    ----
Long LD with DEILD.
Absorbed the power of an element (the darkness)
Defied the laws of physics (flying bus)
Found an exotic animal in its natural habitat (flamingos)

http://ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=718256#718256

*Wyvern will type moar

EDIT:

Medium LD with DEILD
Transformed something into a keyblade
Rescued a DC

http://ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=718258#718258

#279:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Sun 27 Jul, 2014
    ----
Post any dreams you have left over! The LC is almost over and the bonus task is on its way. The bonus task will be strongly influenced by the Team with the highest overall participation, so if you're still awake, it's time for a power nap!

#280:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Sun 27 Jul, 2014
    ----
Had a short LD here which was around 2 minutes long. Nearly shapeshifted into an anthro Rhino but it didn't work out due to lack of LD stability.

#281:  Author: Wyvern PostPosted: Sun 27 Jul, 2014
    ----
Last dream to post:

Long LD
Did the Quest (revisited LD #2600)
Wrote the dream as it happened
Brought an element to life (WIND TITANS!)
Became a Super Hero (Wyvern man! Or Wind man?)

http://ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=718262#718262

#282:  Author: Koharo PostPosted: Sun 27 Jul, 2014
    ----
7/26/14
-Task 1: Created an original piece (not lucid)

#283:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Sun 27 Jul, 2014
    ----
Bonus Task - NARCISSISM!
So... it's come to this.

The LC is officially over. Time for a winner? Well, not quite. I have a tradition of adding a bonus task to all of the LCs I host. What is this task you ask? NARCISSISM, my friends!

But first, it's time. While the LC isn't over, the teams are finished. So, which Team reigns Supreme????

So, with your Teams gone, it's every man for himself! Grab as many points as you can in this bonus round. While it would be very difficult to climb too far, most of you still have a shot at pulling out the win.

The Task
For the bonus task, you can complete any of the winning Team's Team Tasks. To be clear, these are the tasks that the winning Team created, not just the generic Team-specific tasks I created. However, you no longer have teams which means you no longer have team members to complete the tasks with. But don't worry, you get to complete them with me, your benevolent, loving host.

I am especially looking forward to making a musical

You can also complete any Advantage Tasks that the winning team created or the Ultra Team Task. Again, these must be done with me.

During the Bonus Task, you can no longer claim any other tasks, combo points, or the Quest. Also, you will only receive credit for lucid dreams if I am in the dream (regardless of whether or not you complete a task). You can complete your personal goal, but you must include me somehow.

The bonus task will run for one extra week. This is about skill, not about racking up millions of lucid points. If you want to advance your place, you will need to put in some serious effort.

Take this time to also double check your points. If you feel there was an error, make sure you let me know.

#284:  Author: obfusc8 PostPosted: Sun 27 Jul, 2014
    ----
But...but.. I just managed a medium length DEILD which was pretty stable. And my personal goal... Donnie Yen taught me some Wing Chun... sadblauw

It was epic though, but too late... Too late. sigh

#285:  Author: Wyvern PostPosted: Sun 27 Jul, 2014
    ----
Oh dammit. I totally thought I wrote it down in this topic. I found my pet in that last LD I posted. I even mentioned it in the dream, referencing the task:

Quote:
Walking along the pews was my now deceased cat, Pearls. I had received a text from my mother in the evening that she had been put to sleep. I suppose that was enough to get me to finally dream my pet.

#286:  Author: Siiw PostPosted: Sun 27 Jul, 2014
    ----
My dreams have been full of fiction the last few days, but I didn't post in time because of time zones and laziness. 8P Rhewin wasn't in any of them.

#287:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Sun 27 Jul, 2014
    ----
This goes for everyone: if you have something from before the deadline, you can still post it. It won't affect the final advantage, but you still get the points if you did it before I had posted the new task.

@obfusc8 & Wyvern: I'll update for both of you later.

#288:  Author: obfusc8 PostPosted: Sun 27 Jul, 2014
    ----
Unfortunately looks like the final task was posted at 5am in my time zone, and I woke up around 6am, so that means I was too late...

So I'll have to revisit my dream, summon Rhewin and learn a bit more kung fu... Easy, right? siiw

#289:  Author: HeadInTheClouds PostPosted: Sun 27 Jul, 2014
    ----
I had a short LD last night and found Rhewin. You were kind of useless though. You didn't talk and didn't help me to get any tasks done. Then I woke up.

#290:  Author: Siiw PostPosted: Sun 27 Jul, 2014
    ----
I have had a "wonder if I was dreaming", a conversation with a favourite fictional character, done something I'd not do IRL (travel to a dangerous conflict zone) and in an unposted, really bad dream done something else I'd never do IRL: I physically harmed somebody.

#291:  Author: StarryGwee PostPosted: Mon 28 Jul, 2014
    ----
I had a long lucid in which I flew like a strange bird, partially did the dancing task, and messed with water.

#292:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Mon 28 Jul, 2014
    ----
Had a short LD here which was no more than 1 minute long. As per the "NARCISSISM!" bonus task requirement of making sure that Rhewin appears in the LD, I summoned Rhewin who appeared as nothing more than a shadowy figure due to the LD ending a bit soon.

#293:  Author: En'enra PostPosted: Thu 31 Jul, 2014
    ----
Had a lucid dream with Rhewin acting in a musical piece in a park that I directed.

#294:  Author: Siiw PostPosted: Thu 31 Jul, 2014
    ----
After a mostly sleepless night, a dreamless nap, a completely sleepless night, I got an unusually long LD in a late morning nap. After a long time of looking, I found rhewin, he had invented a flying bike. Will post after work.

#295:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Fri 01 Aug, 2014
    ----
Scores are updated

If this bonus task isn't to your liking, don't worry, it'll be over soon. You've got two days to upload any score claims.

#296:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Fri 01 Aug, 2014
    ----
So I had a long lucid... and by chance I came across Rhewin! Yay! I can claim something this week! (And the title's a joke! tounge2 )

Rhewin's Bugging Me ~ Long Lucid Dream

Stats so far:

#297:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Sat 02 Aug, 2014
    ----
Had a moderate LD here which was around five minutes long. As per the "NARCISSISM!" bonus task requirement of making sure that Rhewin appears in the LD, I summoned Rhewin who unlike last time, appeared much more plainly, spoke with me for a bit before transforming me into the Creature from the Black Lagoon.

#298:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Sun 03 Aug, 2014
    ----
And the LC is OVER!

Congratulations drd!

You now have the option of hosting the next LC! If you choose not to, the honor will pass to Scipio Xaos, then to Wyvern etc. We'll eventually find someone to host tounge2

Final Scores

1. drd (1570)
2. Scipio Xaos (1330)
3. Wyvern (1300)

4. Thorn (1240)
5. HeadInTheClouds (1000)
6. Obfusc8 (880)
7. Siiw (760)
8. En'enra (705)
9. StarryGwee (680)
10. Koharo (670)
11. Mew151 (460)
12. James_UK2008 (375)
13. Hehu (280)
14. ian1 (270)
15. Letaali (160)
16. Montebest (130)
17. ZRVera (120)
18. Hodge_Podge (80)
19. OmkAR/Lucidis

I hope you all had fun. It was a great LC to host, I enjoyed it a lot. See you next time, happy lucids! Rhewin

#299:  Author: HeadInTheClouds PostPosted: Sun 03 Aug, 2014
    ----
Congrats drd!

#300:  Author: En'enra PostPosted: Sun 03 Aug, 2014
    ----
Congrats drd! This challenge was very fun, it helped me practice my dreaming skills and made me learn a lot! Thank you, Rhewin and also thank you, Investigation team! ^^

#301:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Sun 03 Aug, 2014
    ----
Congrats drd! smile Roll on LC 44. smile

#302:  Author: obfusc8 PostPosted: Sun 03 Aug, 2014
    ----
Thanks Rhewin for all the crazy tasks and grats drd. party1

#303:  Author: Mew151 PostPosted: Sun 03 Aug, 2014
    ----
Congratulations drd, and thanks to everyone who made this LC so much fun, especially our wonderful host, Rhewin!

This has been my most successful LC yet. I had some of my longest LD's ever during this LC and I really felt like I made some significant progress in this LC. I can't wait for LC 44!

#304:  Author: drd PostPosted: Sun 03 Aug, 2014
    ----
Thank you everyone. This LC was very beneficial for me. During this LC I had a week where I had 6/7 LDs. I learned some new things I can do in my dreams, and the length of my LDs has increased drastically.

I choose to pass the hosting rights on to the next guy.

#305:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Sun 03 Aug, 2014
    ----
Scipio Xaos, you're next in line.

#306:  Author: Wyvern PostPosted: Sun 03 Aug, 2014
    ----
Congrats, drd! You've really earned it. bier
Also congrats to Mew too for his most successful LC. :D

*Wyvern loves when people improve turn3

And thanks to Rhewin for another great LC.

#307:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Mon 04 Aug, 2014
    ----
Congrats, drd! I had you in the beginning, but then you flew past me. Great job!

That being said, I'll also be passing the hosting responsibilities off.. I might have time to participate, but while I'm in Colombia.. and taking classes in Spanish I think it'll be best to not risk forgetting my studies or the hosting responsibilities.. You're up 'Vern. tounge2

#308:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Mon 04 Aug, 2014
    ----
And I know Wyvern is not going to host, so we've made our way to Thorn XD

Where will it end, people???

Edit: welllll, maybe it will be Wyvern. THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!

#309:  Author: Koharo PostPosted: Mon 04 Aug, 2014
    ----
@drd Congrats on the win man bier
@Mew Congrats on setting a new personal best and having your longest LD lucid
@Rhewin Thanks for hosting an awesome LC, and shaking things up to keep it fresh. Pretty original...bier

#310:  Author: Wyvern PostPosted: Mon 04 Aug, 2014
    ----
Changed my mind yet again. Don't wanna host. Passing it to Thorn. tounge2

*Wyvern thinks he needs a break from LCs

#311:  Author: Thorn PostPosted: Tue 05 Aug, 2014
    ----
For a while, I was kind of unsure about hosting. I've hosted two since LC 39 and there's been a bit of a stigma around about the same participants getting the chance to host.I also didn't like the idea of getting to host when I didn't even finish in the top three due to focusing too much on a personal goal that simply refused to be completed. That said, if I don't host, it goes even further down the chain and I'll just project my thoughts about this problem onto the next people.

I'm working on putting something together, and if it looks like it'll work, I'll start sign-ups soon. Even if things go perfectly, though, I won't start any sooner than Saturday regardless of the number sign-ups, as I think people want a week off for personal dreams. If my plans don't look like they'll work, then I'll post here to pass hosting to HeadInTheClouds.

#312:  Author: Cornelia Xaos PostPosted: Wed 06 Aug, 2014
    ----
Sorry for doing this to you, Thorn... again. tounge2 If I were in the states I'm sure I would have taken the hosting opportunity.. I just don't feel I can do it while in Colombia and while balancing schooling in Spanish. tounge2

LD4all » Lucid Adventures

Page 1 of 1
printed from the LD4all.com lucid dreaming forum. Content copyrighted by the author.
Lucid dreamers unite! visit LD4all.com