Normal Dream Challenge 13 - Winners Announced!
LD4all » the Stuff Dreams are made of...

#1: Normal Dream Challenge 13 - Winners Announced! Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Sun 22 Jul, 2018
    ----
Lucid Dreamers Unite Welcome to LD4All's Thirteenth Normal Dream Challenge! Lucid Dreamers Unite

A challenge to test and improve dream recall, quality, and clarity of dreams, as well as the ability to incubate non-lucid dreams. In addition, the NDC will challenge you to improve your dream recall skills and help you maintain a more effective dream journal.

This Challenge will be co-hosted by both Moogle and Eilatan.

Previous Challenges
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Point Breakdown
Recall:
5 points per fragments recalled
10 points per dream recalled

Techniques:
5 points per chain
3 points per reality check performed

Tasks:
50 points for completing the current task
20 points for completing a late task
5 to 20 points for completing a bonus subtask
Extra 30 points for completing all five task of a given week during the week they are released
25 points for completing your personal goal
25 points for completing the LD4All wings Quest
20 points for completing the current task while lucid
10 points for completing a late task while lucid
10 points for completing your personal goal while lucid

Dream Inspired Art: (Applicable once per week)
20 points for any dream inspired art created of the type listed below

Recall Points
For every dream recalled, you are awarded 10 points. There will be no difference in points for recalling a LD vs ND. You will be given 5 points for all fragments recalled. Fragment points are awarded on a per "night" basis, or once per nap. If you have a significant WBTB (eg: you get up, walk around, etc., and then return to bed)--and not just wake and jot dream notes before dozing off again--you will be eligible to earn an additional set of Fragment Recall points.

Please provide a link to your dream journal when you sign up. Only dreams written in your online DJ will be considered for points. Fragments will be considered regardless. If you do not have a dream journal on LD4All, start one--it is a great habit! If you wish, you may create a temporary DJ in the Dream Journal forum for this challenge.

Only dreams you have during the course of the challenge are eligible for points. If you join the challenge after the beginning of the first task, only dreams that you have after the time you join will count. It may be a good idea to make a comment in your DJ of where your first ND Challenge dream begins.

Technique Points
Chains will be counted as returning to the same or a very similar dream. Each time you awake and return to the same or a very similar dream, you will be awarded 5 points, additional to the regular recall points. There is no explicit time limit for how long you are awake in between, so feel free to write in a DJ if you think you can still manage to return afterwards. wink5 Each additional/continuation of the dream will be counted separately from the first, and you will be awarded points on recall accordingly.

Performing a Reality Check will award you 3 points, regardless of whether or not it succeeds in making you lucid. Multiple Reality Checks performed in a short time will only be counted as one. That is, you won't receive triple points for doing three Reality Checks in a row.

Task Points
There will be five tasks. You will have seven days for each task. Completing the current task will get you 50 points. Task completion points will only be rewarded once per task for this NDC. If you complete a previous week's task--which you have not already completed--you will get 20 points. You can complete multiple tasks per dream.

In addition to the main tasks, there will also be four bonus subtasks each week. These bonus subtasks will award between 5 points and 20 points depending on the task. These points may be claimed at any time within the Challenge without late or lucidity penalty. As with the main task, completion points will only be awarded once per subtask for this NDC.

If a participant succeeds in completing all five tasks of a given week, during the week those tasks are released, they will be awarded an extra 30 points. These points may be claimed regardless of the dream types used to complete the tasks.

You may also choose a personal goal, which will award 25 points upon completion. Please state your personal goal when you sign up. Once you have completed your goal, you may choose a new one.

You will get 25 points for completing the LD4All Wings Quest during the challenge, applicable once per Quest, regardless of dream type. If you complete the wings Quest in an LD, you must post a reply to the current wings Quest topic before claiming. (Please check the right side of the website header for links to the current Wings Quest).

Please note: As this challenge focuses on incubation, completing the task after becoming lucid will only award 20 points, your personal task will award 10 points, and a late task will award 10 points. This is not to penalise you for being lucid, rather it is because the ND Challenge is about dream incubation, not lucidity.

If you feel you have completed a task or your personal goal, please state which task you have completed and when you completed it.

In order to accommodate varying time zones and schedules, a dream completing a task will be counted as a current task if the dream was had in a period of sleep that began before the current task closed. For example, if you were to go to sleep for the night at 21:00, and the task closes at 23:00, completing the task will count as current. I expect this grace period to be used within reason and that you will view the next task as soon as possible without disrupting your sleep routine.

Dream Inspired Art
Once per week you may claim 20 points for Dream Inspired Art. The art must be made by you and based on a dream journal entry by yourself or another participant during the challenge. The following art types will be accepted: Detailed drawing; painting; woodblock print or linocut; poem; short story; piece of sheet music; a photograph taken by you; sculpture; ceramic work; and, music created and recorded by you.

We encourage participants to share their Dream Inspired Art in the Fruits of Lucidity or Garden of Creation!

Changes for NDC 13

Rewards
For winning, you will be forever recognised as the winner in the list of previous challenges. Additionally, you will be eligible to be the Task Master (TM) for the next NDC! You may also ask another participant or a participant of any previous NDC to co-TM with you if you like. If you do not wish to be TM of the next NDC, you may pass it on to the second place finisher, and so on down the line. (Only participants who have actively engaged with the challenge are eligible for hosting).

ND Challenge 13:
....................Name.......................Dream Journal................................. Personal Goal
  1. LucidWilliam - LucidWilliam's Dream Journal - Goal = Change My Past!
  2. James_UK2008 - James_UK2008's Dream Journal - Goal = Shapeshift
  3. Mew151 - Mew151's Dreams: The [Girly] Reboot - Goal = Perform on Stage
  4. tachyon - The realm of tachyonic particles - Goal = Compose Music
  5. Koal44 - DJ - Goal = Fly above a forest
  6. Alot - Alot more dreams (part II) - Goal = Meet Alex from A Clockwork Orange
  7. Majah - Majah's dreams - Goal = Swim/ float in water
  8. Letaali - Letaali's Dream Journal - Goal = Learn something from a DC
  9. Susan_Y - Susan's Dreams - Goal = See a Tibetan musical instrument
  10. Yev - Yev's Dreams - Goal = Cross the ocean
  11. DeRuyter001 - The Mound of Thistles - Goal = Hold a banquet at Respiral
  12. Obliverum - Obli 1 - Goal = be taught a magical skill
  13. EarthlyInspired - Alison's Dream Journal - Goal = Explore ancient ruins
  14. Obfusc8 - Lost in the Void - Goal=Speak to M

To sign up for this challenge please reply with a link to your dream journal (using the Dream Journal section of the forum) and your current personal goal.

Final Scores
  1. EarthlyInspired ------ 822
  2. Susan_Y ----------- 720
  3. Obfusc8 ------------- 625
  4. Obliverum ----------- 429
  5. Alot ------------------ 375
  6. James_UK ----------- 320
  7. Yev ------------------- 300
  8. DeRuyter ------------ 220
  9. Tachyon ------------- 120
  10. Majah ---------------- 90
  11. Letaali --------------- 60
  12. Koal ------------------ 25
  13. LucidWilliam -------- 10

Congratulations EarthlyInspired, the winner of NDC 13! party3

Last edited by Eilatan on Mon 22 Oct, 2018; edited 11 times in total

#2:  Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Sun 22 Jul, 2018
    ----

Current Task
All tasks are now closed

Previous Tasks

Task 1: As Easy As Riding A Bike!
For the first week, the task is to ride a bike. (50 pts). So, you just need to grab a normal pedal bike and ride it. So this first task is as easy as riding a bike.

Bonus Tasks:
  1. See a bike (5 pts)
  2. Ride a tricycle or if you are more adventurous a pennyfarthing or even a unicycle (10 pts)
  3. Ride a tandem bike (10 pts) Grab a DC and take a ride.
  4. Take part in a bike race. Either officially or by accident. (20 pts) Choose your race - mountain biking, Tour de France, even niche races such as Folding Bike Racing (In one you have to wear commuter clothing and part of the race is unfolding the bike!) Doesn't matter if you win or lose, taking part is the important thing

Task 2: Life is a Highway!
This week the challenge is to drive a Car! (50 Points). Whether it be fast, red, clown, talking, or racecar bed, it is welcome here! Just pick your ride and strap yourself in!

Bonus Tasks:
  1. See a car (5 Points)
  2. Ride a horse-drawn carriage (10 Points)
  3. Take a car off the beaten path (10 points)
  4. Take part in a car race! Either officially or by accident. (20 Points) Be it a speedy drag race, your standard track or even an old car rally, doesn't matter the style or if you win or loose, taking part in a race is what matters here!

Task 3: Riding the Rails
For the third week, the task is to take a train ride (50 points). So, you just need to board a train and take a ride. So the third task is train travel.

Bonus Tasks:
  1. See a train (5 Points)
  2. Travel by steamtrain(10 Points)
  3. Travel by train in the underground (looong tunnel under mountain/hills etc would also count) (10 points)
  4. Travel through awesome scenery by train. (20 Points) Mountains, lakes, coastal even futuristic where will your dream train take you?

Task 4: Hoist the Colours!
This week the challenge is to take a ride on a boat! (50 Points). Sail, motor, house, magnificent, fierce and huge-ish. Prepare every vessel that floats!

Bonus Tasks:
  1. See a boat (5 Points)
  2. Ride on a jet-ski or in a speedboat (10 Points)
  3. Take a boat down a canal or over rapids (10 points)
  4. Sail the high seas with pirates! (20 Points) Take to the open ocean with colourful characters. By the sweat of our brows, and the strength of our backs and the courage of our hearts. Hoist the colours.

Task 5: Flight!
For the fifth week, the task is to take a flight in a plane. (50 Points). No passports or tickets needed in a dream.

Bonus Tasks:
  1. See a plane (5 Points)
  2. Take Control! Pilot a plane or helicopter. (10 Points)
  3. Fly using gadgets. Jet pack, mechanical wings etc (10 points)
  4. The final frontier! Leave the earth. (20 Points) Will you fly in a rocket, a spaceship, hitch a ride on a UFO (don't forget your towel and Hitchhikers guide) or even the TARDIS

Last edited by Eilatan on Thu 11 Oct, 2018; edited 8 times in total

#3:  Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Sun 22 Jul, 2018
    ----
Hey everybody, it's me, Eilatan! Here is a sample sign-up post to help clarify things to newcomers.

To sign-up to this challenge first quote the sign-up list from the last poster. You will now see their post in the entry field. Remove anything that is not really "list"-related and the "quote" tags. Add your own name, a link to your current dream journal and your personal goal to the bottom of the list. Make sure it ends up in the [ list ] tags, not outside them. Also, add [ * ] in front of your entry (just like everyone else's, gotta follow the lead smile ), this automatically numbers the list. Press submit (whether or not you pressed Preview first), your name has now been added to the list!

(Also, if you're the first to sign up, make sure to replace me with yourself).

Guide taken from Fate. Check his newbie guide on adding yourself to the WG list for detailed images.

ND Challenge 13:
....................Name.......................Dream Journal................................. Personal Goal
  1. Eilatan- Going Out Your Front Door - goal= Co-host the NDC!

#4:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Tue 24 Jul, 2018
    ----
*moogle runs in

We are so excited to co-host NDC 13. During the last month or so, we have been planning the tasks and points system.

And now, we just need 'willing victims' ebil - we will begin once we get enough sign ups. grin

#5:  Author: LucidWilliam PostPosted: Wed 25 Jul, 2018
    ----
ND Challenge 13:
  1. LucidWilliam- LucidWilliam's Dream Journal - Goal = Change My Past!

I can't wait for this! I've been falling off on my dream recall lately... So some friendly competition will be a great help to get me back on track!

Note: By change my past, I mean have a dream about the younger version of myself and change a decision I made. The dream has to actually be like my past for me to count it as a change. So if I'm living in the wrong house, going to the wrong school, or all my friends are just random DC's then obviously it's not really my past... Well, I know it's not actually my past, it's just a dream. But I think it would be a fun one to have!

#6:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Thu 26 Jul, 2018
    ----
ND Challenge 13:
  2. James_UK2008- James_UK2008's Dream Journal - Goal = Shapeshift

Couldn't get the hang of the formatting with the list thing. Can someone have a look and give me the correct formatting please and I'll amend it. I really hope the hot weather in the UK passes sometime soon as it's killing my recall.

<mod>kiekeboe fixed it for you </mod>

#7:  Author: Mew151 PostPosted: Thu 26 Jul, 2018
    ----
ND Challenge 13:
  2. James_UK2008- James_UK2008's Dream Journal - Goal = Shapeshift
  3. Mew151- Mew151's Dreams: The [Girly] Reboot - Goal = Perform on Stage

I shall join! It seems like the next LC will take a while, and I've been way too lazy with all the dream stuffs lately. Unacceptable!

#8:  Author: tachyon PostPosted: Sat 04 Aug, 2018
    ----

I sometimes hear awesome music in dreams and try to recreate it in real life (using FL Studio), my goal is is to create something notable inside a dream, either electronically or with an instrument such as piano.

#9:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Mon 06 Aug, 2018
    ----
We need 6 more sign ups before we begin week 1.

#10:  Author: Koal44 PostPosted: Tue 07 Aug, 2018
    ----
I haven t had a LD for two months so I come join and hope it will get better with this challenge smile

5. Koal44- DJ - Goal = Fly above a forest

fixed code moogle

#11:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Tue 07 Aug, 2018
    ----
Half way!! just 5 more dreamers needed.

#12:  Author: Alot PostPosted: Sun 12 Aug, 2018
    ----
Hi everyone, this would be my first ND Challenge.

#13:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Sun 12 Aug, 2018
    ----
The NDC will begin on the first Wednesday AFTER we get 10 sign ups. Weekly tasks will always be changed on Wednesdays during the NDC. So remember to check the forum on Wednesdays. kiekeboe

#14:  Author: Majah PostPosted: Mon 13 Aug, 2018
    ----
Also my first ND Challenge smile

#15:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Tue 21 Aug, 2018
    ----
We need just three more sign ups. It's easy to do and it's fun.

#16:  Author: Letaali PostPosted: Tue 21 Aug, 2018
    ----

meditate

#17:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Tue 28 Aug, 2018
    ----
The NDC will begin on the first Wednesday AFTER we get 10 sign ups. Weekly tasks will always be changed on Wednesdays during the NDC. So remember to check the forum on Wednesdays.
kiekeboe need just 2 more dreamers

#18:  Author: Majah PostPosted: Wed 29 Aug, 2018
    ----
*checking in on wednesday* ^^

#19:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Thu 30 Aug, 2018
    ----
  9. Susan_Y - Susan's Dreams

#20:  Author: Yev PostPosted: Fri 31 Aug, 2018
    ----

#21:  Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Fri 31 Aug, 2018
    ----
We hit 10 Sign-Ups!!!

This means we can get the NDC started!! ^^

As Moogle said, the NDC will be running on a Wednesday schedule this round. That means tasks will be released each Wednesday over the next five weeks.

Please look back on Wednesday 5th September for Task 1!

Can't wait to get this NDC rolling! kiekeboe

#22:  Author: DeRuyter001 PostPosted: Mon 03 Sep, 2018
    ----

#23:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Tue 04 Sep, 2018
    ----

#24:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Wed 05 Sep, 2018
    ----

#25:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Wed 05 Sep, 2018
    ----
Before we start, Susan_Y ... it would be a good idea to decide on a personal goal otherwise you miss out on the chance on the goal points. kiekeboe
IT IS ALSO POSSIBLE TO JOIN DURING THE CHALLENGE. Previous dreams before joining will not count.

Time to begin NDC 13. Have fun and good luck to all. thumbs

Week 1 - AS EASY AS RIDING A BIKE

I’ve got a bike, you can ride it if you like
It’s got a basket, a bell that rings
And things to make it look good
I’d give it to you if I could, but I borrowed it
(Pink Floyd)

For the first week, the task is to ride a bike. (50 pts). So, you just need to grab a normal pedal bike and ride it. So this first task is as easy as riding a bike. tounge2

Bonus Tasks.

1. See a bike (5 pts)
  2. Ride a tricycle or if you are more adventurous a pennyfarthing or even a unicycle (10 pts)
  3. Ride a tandem bike (10 pts) Grab a DC and take a ride.
  4. Take part in a bike race. Either officially or by accident. (20 pts) Choose your race - mountain biking, Tour de France, even niche races such as Folding Bike Racing (In one you have to wear commuter clothing and part of the race is unfolding the bike!) Doesn't matter if you win or lose, taking part is the important thing

#26:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Wed 05 Sep, 2018
    ----
My first dream since the challenge started:

Non-lucid dream in which I hear some music (possibly Tibetan).

P.S. I've started a new section of my dream journal in the DJ forum; the previous section was getting a bit long.

#27:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Wed 05 Sep, 2018
    ----
One ND here this morning. No tasks done.

#28:  Author: obfusc8 PostPosted: Wed 05 Sep, 2018
    ----
  14. Obfusc8 - Lost in the Void - Goal=Speak to M

#29:  Author: Alot PostPosted: Thu 06 Sep, 2018
    ----
One ND as well, about putting ice cream together.

#30:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Thu 06 Sep, 2018
    ----
Two NDs for me! No goals reached.

#31:  Author: obfusc8 PostPosted: Thu 06 Sep, 2018
    ----
Two dreams last night. link

#32:  Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Thu 06 Sep, 2018
    ----
Scores Updates

#33:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Thu 06 Sep, 2018
    ----
no nd recall but i had an ld last night grin

no reality check or other points, just ice cream 🍦and a failed attempt at the wings quest.

#34:  Author: Majah PostPosted: Thu 06 Sep, 2018
    ----
Two dreams featuring coriander seed. uhh Have forgotten what they were about though…

#35:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Thu 06 Sep, 2018
    ----
2NDs here this morning. No tasks....

#36:  Author: tachyon PostPosted: Thu 06 Sep, 2018
    ----
I have two fragments from last night: one where I was taking an impossibly difficult test way too slowly help! , and another where I had a very special electronics class that involved connecting wires with.. water eek2

#37:  Author: Yev PostPosted: Fri 07 Sep, 2018
    ----
September 06: Fragments only

#38:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Fri 07 Sep, 2018
    ----
Yikes, lots of dreams last night!

A bunch of fragments, and four NDs.

In the last one, I was at work and had to sit on an exercise bike because my office was under construction---does this count?? It's only "sort of" a bike, and I certainly wasn't intentionally incubating an exercise bike during the day yesterday lach2

#39:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Fri 07 Sep, 2018
    ----
No recall for last night.

I can remember that I was dreaming just before I awoke, but I couldn't hold on to any of the content.

#40:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Fri 07 Sep, 2018
    ----
EarthlyInspired wrote:
does this count?? It's only "sort of" a bike

It would come under the 'See a bike' 5 points. :D

#41:  Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Fri 07 Sep, 2018
    ----
Majah wrote:
Two dreams featuring coriander seed. uhh Have forgotten what they were about though…

Hi Majah, since this is more fragment recall than actual dreams, I've counted it as such.

EarthlyInspired wrote:
In the last one, I was at work and had to sit on an exercise bike because my office was under construction---does this count?? It's only "sort of" a bike, and I certainly wasn't intentionally incubating an exercise bike during the day yesterday lach2

Congrats on being the first to achieve any type of subtask! Sounds like it was quite the workout! ^^

Scores have now been updated.

#42:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Fri 07 Sep, 2018
    ----
i recalled two dreams last night.

i tried to incubate a bike riding dream but ended up having a dream talking about bike politics instead.

#43:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Fri 07 Sep, 2018
    ----
Had 2 NDs here this morning. No tasks.

#44:  Author: Yev PostPosted: Sat 08 Sep, 2018
    ----
September 07: 1 ND

#45:  Author: Alot PostPosted: Sat 08 Sep, 2018
    ----
One ND yesterday (September 7)

One ND this morning, went back to sleep and one more ND and two fragments (first and last dream were fragments), same morning (Total 2 NDs and 2 fragments for September 8).

Correction also, the first dream I had was September 6, not 5 thanks.

#46:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Sat 08 Sep, 2018
    ----
Obliverum wrote:

i tried to incubate a bike riding dream but ended up having a dream talking about bike politics instead.

I love this lach1

I had one really short dream (more of a fragment), and one really long one. It was so neat! They were doing some kind of lab experiment on me. eek2
I also managed to re-enter that dream after my first alarm went off, which I've never done before, so that was cool.

#47:  Author: Alot PostPosted: Sat 08 Sep, 2018
    ----
I had one more dream this afternoon that became an LD where I completed my personal goal. I also possibly saw a bike at the bowling alley, probably on the lane, but it wasn't an important part of the dream and didn't recall anything while typing it up, so it's not included.

#48:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Sat 08 Sep, 2018
    ----
Still no recall (I can remember that I was dreaming, but lost all of the details).

By the way, if people are reading my dream journal, I'd welcome comments (in the DJ thread) on which of my dreams you thought were interesting. Unfortunately, there's not much there yet for this challenge.

#49:  Author: obfusc8 PostPosted: Sat 08 Sep, 2018
    ----
3 dreams... or maybe 4 if DEILD counts as separate? :D I dunno. link

I also, while lucid, rode a bicycle. Also lucid, saw two boys cycling.

#50:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Sat 08 Sep, 2018
    ----
EarthlyInspired wrote:
Obliverum wrote:

I love this lach1

thanks! it was almost as frustrating as real politics

two nds last night, no bikes yet.

im going to try imagining riding a bike while i fall asleep tonight. has anyone tried doing lucid bike riding irl yet? whats the best rc for doing while riding an irl bike?

#51:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Sat 08 Sep, 2018
    ----
Had 1 LD here this morning. Almost completed my personal goal but didn't get far enough...

#52:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Sat 08 Sep, 2018
    ----
One ND, and three or four fragments.
Tried googling pictures of bicycles yesterday, and found all sorts of cool ones and alternative types of bikes. Daydreamed about riding them, but no bike-like dream results yet! If only I had a bicycle irl...

#53:  Author: Yev PostPosted: Sat 08 Sep, 2018
    ----
September 08: 2 NDs

#54:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Sun 09 Sep, 2018
    ----
Non-lucid dream in which a gust of wind blows some paper folders out through a window.

Non-lucid dream in which I have pain in my left knee joint.

Nightmare fragment which I've had to snip entirely because it's inappropriate for forums. (I leave it to the host to decide if snipped fragments are worth points).

Last edited by Susan_Y on Sat 15 Sep, 2018; edited 1 time in total

#55:  Author: tachyon PostPosted: Sun 09 Sep, 2018
    ----
One ND here, no bikes recalled.

#56:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Sun 09 Sep, 2018
    ----
Had 1 ND here this morning. No tasks.

#57:  Author: Letaali PostPosted: Sun 09 Sep, 2018
    ----
8th and 9th
1 lucid dream + 1 fragment.

No tasks done, I think.

#58:  Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Sun 09 Sep, 2018
    ----
Hello everyone! I was away during the weekend but am back now, and scores have been updated!

Obliverum wrote:

lach2 Sorry about the bike politics, but at least you're getting close!

Alot wrote:
Correction also, the first dream I had was September 6, not 5 thanks.

Fixed. I'm used to everyone being at least 12 hours behind me in time, so I'll need to keep this in mind. kiekeboe

Also,

Alot wrote:
I had one more dream this afternoon that became an LD where I completed my personal goal.

Congrats on being the first participant this NDC to complete their personal goal!! Feel free to pick a new personal goal, or you can stick with this one if you would like to attempt achieving it in an ND and thereby getting more points for it than you have for completing it in an LD.

EarthlyInspired wrote:
I had one really short dream (more of a fragment), and one really long one. It was so neat! They were doing some kind of lab experiment on me. eek2
I also managed to re-enter that dream after my first alarm went off, which I've never done before, so that was cool.

Congrats on claiming the first chain of this NDC! Keep in mind that re-entered dreams count as separate dreams from the first, so I've counted your "really long" dream as two. ^^

Also,

EarthlyInspired wrote:

I couldn't help noticing that you had fragments both early in your sleep, and then again after two WBTB alarms. About fragments, the rules state:
Rules wrote:
Fragment points are awarded on a per "night" basis, or once per nap. If you have a significant WBTB (eg: you get up, walk around, etc., and then return to bed)--and not just wake and jot dream notes before dozing off again--you will be eligible to earn an additional set of Fragment Recall points.

So please let me know if you feel like you have done this and should instead be awarded an additional set of Fragment Recall points for this night.

obfusc8 wrote:
3 dreams... or maybe 4 if DEILD counts as separate? :D I dunno. link

I also, while lucid, rode a bicycle. Also lucid, saw two boys cycling.

DEILD does indeed count as separate, since you woke between dreams. You also get points for chaining.

Also, congrats on being the first to achieve this week's task! (Despite it being in an LD) wink . I really like your idea of a flying bicycle!

Susan_Y wrote:
Nightmare fragment which I've had to snip entirely because it's inappropriate for forums. (I leave it to the host to decide if snipped fragments are worth points).

Nightmare fragments counted, because I completely understand not being able to type up nightmare fragments. notify

Letaali wrote:
8th and 9th 1 lucid dream + 1 fragment.

No tasks done, I think.

No tasks, but congrats on the LD! And I hope you get better soon and are able to run your half marathon! *Eilatan gives healing cookie

#59:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Sun 09 Sep, 2018
    ----
i tried to imagine the feeling of pedaling a bike as i fell asleep and ended up with this fragment:

Quote:
im taking a turn pedaling a kinetic art piece. its a bike frame welded to a larger stationary structure, with the gears attached to pulleys that make giant rubber squares flop around on the floor.

its not quite riding a bike but perhaps more adventurous than a penny farthing? somehow the rules have no stipulations for modern art interpretations of bike riding.

#60:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Sun 09 Sep, 2018
    ----
Obliverum wrote:
its not quite riding a bike but perhaps more adventurous than a penny farthing? somehow the rules have no stipulations for modern art interpretations of bike riding.

bonus task 2 was only for tricycle, pennyfarthing or unicycle. Interesting fragment though. smile
5 points for 'see a bike though'

You could also gain points for the art bonus from it or indeed art from any dream. Limit of one per week.
Quote:
Dream Inspired Art: (Applicable once per week)
20 points for any dream inspired art created of the type listed below

Once per week you may claim 20 points for Dream Inspired Art. The art must be made by you and based on a dream journal entry by yourself or another participant during the challenge. The following art types will be accepted: Detailed drawing; painting; woodblock print or linocut; poem; short story; piece of sheet music; a photograph taken by you; sculpture; ceramic work; and, music created and recorded by you.

We encourage participants to share their Dream Inspired Art in the Fruits of Lucidity or Garden of Creation!

#61:  Author: Yev PostPosted: Sun 09 Sep, 2018
    ----
September 09: 1 ND

#62:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Sun 09 Sep, 2018
    ----
Eilatan wrote:

EarthlyInspired wrote:

I couldn't help noticing that you had fragments both early in your sleep, and then again after two WBTB alarms. About fragments, the rules state:
Rules wrote:
Fragment points are awarded on a per "night" basis, or once per nap. If you have a significant WBTB (eg: you get up, walk around, etc., and then return to bed)--and not just wake and jot dream notes before dozing off again--you will be eligible to earn an additional set of Fragment Recall points.

So please let me know if you feel like you have done this and should instead be awarded an additional set of Fragment Recall points for this night.

Thank you for all your hard work and doing such a great job on hosting! tumbsuplinkswitteduim

My 3am WBTB alarms are when I get up, pee, have a cup of tea and meditate, and go back to bed with the intentions to WILD or LD in some other way. My other alarms I usually just jot my dreams down and go back to sleep.

So for the night you are asking about, I had three fragments before my WBTB (would count as one), and one dream and one fragment after (Would count as one dream and second fragment?)

#63:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Sun 09 Sep, 2018
    ----
So yesterday. Would you believe that I found an old bike in the woods behind an old cabin! I thought FOR SURE it was a dream... What are the chances of that happening in real life when you are trying to incubate it in your dreams?? Hahaha. After plenty of varied reality checks, I determined it was indeed in real life.

Looks like my incubating is working in this world instead of the dreamworld lach2

Needless to say, I brought the bike home. (It was crown land and the bike had clearly been deserted for a solid year or more). Riding it down the trail was fun, with flat tires and seized brakes I believe I just said yesterday "If only I had a bike irl to incubate with". Thanks Universe bow2
With a bit of elbow grease today, I'll have Incubation Bike up and running in no time.

I thought for sure I'd dream of bikes last night. Alas, I did not. Just one dream to report here.

#64:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Mon 10 Sep, 2018
    ----
Had 2 NDs here this morning. No tasks...

#65:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Mon 10 Sep, 2018
    ----
Non-lucid dream in which I run from some lit fireworks.

At least I've got some recall back, even if they are all fear dreams.

I'm on holiday at the miment, so I'm not able to scan and upload artwork. I do have my sketchbook, pencils, and watercolours with me, so I can draw a dream for uploading next week.

#66:  Author: tachyon PostPosted: Mon 10 Sep, 2018
    ----
Fragment of a hide-and-seek game in a dark apartment at night, very high up. Heard a cool bassline synth upon waking up, but unfortunately I quickly forgot the melody so I can't recreate it.

#67:  Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Mon 10 Sep, 2018
    ----
kiekeboe Scores have been updated!

EarthlyInspired wrote:
Thank you for all your hard work and doing such a great job on hosting! tumbsuplinkswitteduim

My 3am WBTB alarms are when I get up, pee, have a cup of tea and meditate, and go back to bed with the intentions to WILD or LD in some other way. My other alarms I usually just jot my dreams down and go back to sleep.

So for the night you are asking about, I had three fragments before my WBTB (would count as one), and one dream and one fragment after (Would count as one dream and second fragment?)

Yep yep, that would count it as a second fragment, since you had a significant WBTB in between.

Also wow! Congrats on finding that bike IRL! Seems like you really did incubate it into the waking world. That's some powerful incubation! notify

Susan_Y wrote:
I'm on holiday at the miment, so I'm not able to scan and upload artwork. I do have my sketchbook, pencils, and watercolours with me, so I can draw a dream for uploading next week.

We look forward to seeing your art! Please ensure that it was drawn and is for a dream that takes place before Week 2 tasks are posted this Wednesday.

Keep in mind that anyone can make dream inspired art based on a dream entry from theirself or from another participant, but you can only claim points once a week. Personally, I think it's an easy 20 points and can't wait to see what people come up with. ^^

#68:  Author: Alot PostPosted: Mon 10 Sep, 2018
    ----
Eilatan wrote:
Fixed. I'm used to everyone being at least 12 hours behind me in time, so I'll need to keep this in mind. kiekeboe

Also,

Congrats on being the first participant this NDC to complete their personal goal!! Feel free to pick a new personal goal, or you can stick with this one if you would like to attempt achieving it in an ND and thereby getting more points for it than you have for completing it in an LD.

Thanks, will add the dates too to avoid confusion.
My new goal is to stand on the Golden Gate Bridge with Kevin.

Didn't have good recall the past two days, just added one more entry from this morning (September 10), I guess this is a fragment.

#69:  Author: obfusc8 PostPosted: Mon 10 Sep, 2018
    ----
We're only a few days in, and I'm already behind... hmm

Here's a nightmare from the 9th link

Should be another +3 dreams from the 9th & 10th, but I haven't managed to finish the write-up yet.

#70:  Author: Majah PostPosted: Mon 10 Sep, 2018
    ----
Two ND's on Friday, DJ entry

3 ND's and 1 LD today, DJ entry
One task: In "Kittens" I see a bike

In "Yes, I swam in a dream" I dreamt I remembered a dream in which I completed my personal goal. But then the recall had totally disappeared cry

Last edited by Majah on Tue 11 Sep, 2018; edited 1 time in total

#71:  Author: Alot PostPosted: Tue 11 Sep, 2018
    ----
September 11: one fragment where I was riding a bike, and one ND

#72:  Author: Yev PostPosted: Tue 11 Sep, 2018
    ----
September 10: Fragments only

#73:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Tue 11 Sep, 2018
    ----
One dream and one fragment before my WBTB, and after, one dream and a really short moment of lucidity after a reality check.

#74:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Tue 11 Sep, 2018
    ----
Had 2 NDs here this morning. No tasks...

#75:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Tue 11 Sep, 2018
    ----
Non-lucid dream in which I eat a brandy snap.

#76:  Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Tue 11 Sep, 2018
    ----
Scores have been updated. notify

obfusc8 wrote:
Should be another +3 dreams from the 9th & 10th, but I haven't managed to finish the write-up yet.

No worries. Just let us know when you add the other dreams in. ^^

Majah wrote:
One task: In "Kittens" I see a bike

Congrats on seeing a bike! And LOL! Sounds like your dream was trolling you!

Alot wrote:
September 11: one fragment where I was riding a bike, and one ND

Congrats on riding a bike!! But umm, I was just wondering whether you were already on the bike when you became lucid? I couldn't tell if this counted as a task occurring while lucid or while NDing, so need confirmation as to which it was.

EarthlyInspired wrote:
One dream and one fragment before my WBTB, and after, one dream and a really short moment of lucidity after a reality check.

Congrats on the short lucid and for being the first person to claim Reality Check points this NDC. :D

Just a reminder to everyone that you can claim points for RCing even if it doesn't result in you becoming lucid. So remember reality check !

#77:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Tue 11 Sep, 2018
    ----
last night: one nd and one fragment.

EarthlyInspired wrote:
So yesterday. Would you believe that I found an old bike in the woods behind an old cabin! I thought FOR SURE it was a dream...

this is wonderful! i hope youll update us on the bike as you spruce it up.

#78:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Tue 11 Sep, 2018
    ----
Also 1 day to get dream related art points for week 1. (Susan is on holiday so can upload later)

We are enjoying all the dreams draait

#79:  Author: Majah PostPosted: Tue 11 Sep, 2018
    ----
1 ND, DJ entry

#80:  Author: Alot PostPosted: Wed 12 Sep, 2018
    ----
Eilatan wrote:
Congrats on riding a bike!! But umm, I was just wondering whether you were already on the bike when you became lucid? I couldn't tell if this counted as a task occurring while lucid or while NDing, so need confirmation as to which it was.

Yeah, I was already riding the bike when I became lucid. I think riding the bike was what triggered the lucidity because I realized I was doing a task.

#81:  Author: Yev PostPosted: Wed 12 Sep, 2018
    ----
September 11: 1 ND

#82:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Wed 12 Sep, 2018
    ----
Obliverum wrote:

EarthlyInspired wrote:
So yesterday. Would you believe that I found an old bike in the woods behind an old cabin! I thought FOR SURE it was a dream...

Thanks! She's a rare beauty this one, complete with moss on the handlebars and everything. lach1
I greased up all the chains and bought a little tire pump for it on the weekend. The tires have held air ridiculously well considering they look like that are slowly deteriorating.
I took Incubation Bike out on her maiden voyage that day. I would make it about ten feet before the chain would jump off the gears and jam into the contraption at the back tire haha. I kept putting it back on but the gear shifters don't work (can't figure out why other than age haha) and the chain seems a bit too long. I fiddled around with things and found a nice calibration where if the chain stays on the smallest gear, it wont jump off. It was great! My dog and I went for a couple km, and it sailed like a dream.

You'd think all this bike tweaking would leak into my dreams but no! Still no dream bikes! cry

Ah well, the 3 ND's I did have last night were very interesting. In one of them I was trying to use ice cream as currency at a convenience store

#83:  Author: Majah PostPosted: Wed 12 Sep, 2018
    ----
EarthlyInspired wrote:
I took Incubation Bike out on her maiden voyage that day.

enjoying the IRL dream bike story line ^^

#84:  Author: Majah PostPosted: Wed 12 Sep, 2018
    ----
1 ND today, DJ entry

#85:  Author: obfusc8 PostPosted: Wed 12 Sep, 2018
    ----
EarthlyInspired wrote:
You'd think all this bike tweaking would leak into my dreams but no! Still no dream bikes! cry

I hope you've named her. smile Naming things increases their significance and our emotional attachment to them... like pets. Also, when you become lucid, just call out your bike's name, and she'll find you. siiw

Still on the 9th... catching up slowly... +1 dream here

Also... @EarthlyInspired the bike gear levers basically connect to the derailleur, which is the bit of metal above the chain that directs the chain onto the right sprocket... its probably seized up.

#86:  Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Wed 12 Sep, 2018
    ----
Scores have been updated.

Alot wrote:
Yeah, I was already riding the bike when I became lucid. I think riding the bike was what triggered the lucidity because I realized I was doing a task.

lach1 What a great LD trigger! Congrats on being the first to complete the task in an ND! You've been awarded full points for your achievement!

EarthlyInspired wrote:
It was great! My dog and I went for a couple km, and it sailed like a dream.

Ah well, the 3 ND's I did have last night were very interesting. In one of them I was trying to use ice cream as currency at a convenience store

Glad to hear your dream bike is working out! I agree with Obfusc8, a bike like that deserves a name! wink And lol! Trying to pay with ice cream! Great missed dream sign. tounge1

And everyone remember, you can still claim points for doing the task late, and all subtasks are awarded full points no matter when you do them! So keep riding!

#87:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Wed 12 Sep, 2018
    ----
Majah wrote:
EarthlyInspired wrote:
I took Incubation Bike out on her maiden voyage that day.

enjoying the IRL dream bike story line ^^

me too! smile

one lucid fragment for me last night.

#88:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Wed 12 Sep, 2018
    ----
obfusc8 wrote:
EarthlyInspired wrote:

I hope you've named her. smile Naming things increases their significance and our emotional attachment to them... like pets. Also, when you become lucid, just call out your bike's name, and she'll find you. siiw

Also... @EarthlyInspired the bike gear levers basically connect to the derailleur, which is the bit of metal above the chain that directs the chain onto the right sprocket... its probably seized up.

Thanks Obfusc8! You are probably right about the derailleur, that felt pretty rusty, and that is what I fiddled around with to make the chain stay on the smaller gear. This weekend I'll see if I can't get it working properly.

I like all the suggestions to name her! Originally I was just calling her Incubation Bike, but I think a real name is in order. I put a lot of time into thinking of a witty name, but for some reason Driving Miss Daisy kept popping into my head, so I think that name is calling her.

And anyway, I think a nice elegant name like "Miss Daisy" contrasts quite nicely with her shambles appearance lach1

And would you believe it, Miss Daisy came to me in my dream last night!! Yayyy!

I will enter my 2NDs and some fragments into my DJ tonight after work. They are from last night (Tuesday night). Are those still considered on time?

#89:  Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Wed 12 Sep, 2018
    ----
Scores have been updated. ^^

EarthlyInspired wrote:
And anyway, I think a nice elegant name like "Miss Daisy" contrasts quite nicely with her shambles appearance lach1

And would you believe it, Miss Daisy came to me in my dream last night!! Yayyy!

I will enter my 2NDs and some fragments into my DJ tonight after work. They are from last night (Tuesday night). Are those still considered on time?

woo I love the name Miss Daisy! It's so eloquent and definitely fitting!!

And yep, any dreams that occurred before the posting of the new task are considered Week 1. Remember, only the main task (Ride a bicycle) is hampered by being late. All other tasks receive the same amount of points they would if it were the week they were released. But you still want to try doing all the tasks in the Week they are released, because then you get a nice bonus. kiekeboe

#90:  Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Wed 12 Sep, 2018
    ----
Week 2: Life is a Highway!

Life's like a road that you travel on
When there's one day here and the next day gone
Sometimes you bend, sometimes you stand
Sometimes you turn your back to the wind

- Tom Cochrane

Welcome to the second week of the NDC Folks, where the challenges are hotter than a black leather seat on a hot summer day!

That's right! This week the challenge is to drive a Car! (50 Points). Whether it be fast, red, clown, talking, or racecar bed, it is welcome here! Just pick your ride and strap yourself in!

Bonus Tasks:
  1. See a car (5 Points)
  4. Take part in a car race! Either officially or by accident. (20 Points) Be it a speedy drag race, your standard track or even an old car rally, doesn't matter the style or if you win or loose, taking part in a race is what matters here!

---------------

#91:  Author: tachyon PostPosted: Wed 12 Sep, 2018
    ----
Still trying to get to DJ more, but I do have a fragment in which I saw bikes at a train station last night! Do late bonus tasks still count?

#92:  Author: DeRuyter001 PostPosted: Wed 12 Sep, 2018
    ----
This is a fun challenge.

I've done some tasks for the first week, just need some time to organize and write it up.

#93:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Wed 12 Sep, 2018
    ----
Quote:
Still trying to get to DJ more, but I do have a fragment in which I saw bikes at a train station last night! Do late bonus tasks still count?

Late bonus tasks do count.

#94:  Author: Yev PostPosted: Thu 13 Sep, 2018
    ----
September 12: 1 ND and fragments

#95:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Thu 13 Sep, 2018
    ----
One fragment and two NDs for September 12. Rode Miss Daisy in the last one! Whoop! Week 1 Challenge achieved just in time.

Eilatan wrote:
slide

Stoked for next week's challenge! I am really enjoying these NDCs. Really helps keep me on top of my dreaming awareness! thumbs

#96:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Thu 13 Sep, 2018
    ----
Non-lucid dream about an underground pool.

Another nightmare!

#97:  Author: obfusc8 PostPosted: Thu 13 Sep, 2018
    ----
Drove a car last night... very badly due to ineffective dream brakes! 3 dreams and a fragment link

(10th and 11th entries still missing. whistle)

#98:  Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Thu 13 Sep, 2018
    ----
DeRuyter001 wrote:
This is a fun challenge.

I've done some tasks for the first week, just need some time to organize and write it up.

Hey DeRuyter, good to see you finally dropping in.

Actually, Moogle and I were discussing this sort of thing the other night. We know there are a few participants who have yet to claim points, but since most participants have been in a NDC OR LC before, we believed they would not attempt point-dumping as it is generally frowned upon. We decided that, following the standards of most all NDC/LCs before, we would NOT be accepting point-dumps unless they were made due to unavoidable circumstances.

We have had participants DJing and keeping in touch despite illnesses, computer troubles, and vacations, so we feel it would be unfair to them to accept someone running in with major point claims at the last minute. To avoid needing to point-dump, we recommend checking in at least twice a week and letting us know that you have achieved a specific task which you will write up at 'x' time.

The NDC is supposed to be a fun way for members to practice their recall and incubation skills, and while friendly competition is encouraged, we would be remiss if we ignored the efforts of those who are actively participating. So while we do, of course, encourage you to share your dreams from last week, we will not be able to count them against this challenge at this time.

On that note, please feel free to actively participate in this week's task, as we are sure you will find it as enjoyable as the last.

#99:  Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Thu 13 Sep, 2018
    ----
Scores have now been updated! wink

EarthlyInspired wrote:
One fragment and two NDs for September 12. Rode Miss Daisy in the last one! Whoop! Week 1 Challenge achieved just in time.

Eilatan wrote:
slide

Stoked for next week's challenge! I am really enjoying these NDCs. Really helps keep me on top of my dreaming awareness! thumbs

Congratulations on Miss Daisy being there when you needed her! And congrats on getting the task done. hurray

I'm glad to hear you are enjoying this NDC! It is really awesome to read all the dreams everyone is having!

Susan_Y wrote:
Another nightmare!

notify Sorry to hear that you are having so many nightmares. Perhaps, as my good friend Tggtt claims, they will help you have LDs? In any case, this is for luck, *Eilatan gives Susan_Y LD cookie kiekeboe

obfusc8 wrote:
Drove a car last night... very badly due to ineffective dream brakes! 3 dreams and a fragment link

Woot! hurray How great of you to do the new task on the night of it's release!

I would congratulate you on being the first to get it done, but I believe Moogle dreamt of driving a couple of nights ago. Okay, maybe it's cheating because she knew of the new task, but just goes to show how excited she was for it! :D

#100:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Thu 13 Sep, 2018
    ----
my car dreams are usually either of losing my brakes or of driving up a hill that gets steeper and steeper until i start rolling backwards... maybe ill have a good one for this challenge!

last night: one dream with a short lucid moment.

#101:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Thu 13 Sep, 2018
    ----
Had 1 ND here this morning. No tasks...

#102:  Author: DeRuyter001 PostPosted: Thu 13 Sep, 2018
    ----
Eilatan wrote:
DeRuyter001 wrote:
This is a fun challenge.

Actually, Moogle and I were discussing this sort of thing the other night. We know there are a few participants who have yet to claim points, but since most participants have been in a NDC OR LC before, we believed they would not attempt point-dumping as it is generally frowned upon. We decided that, following the standards of most all NDC/LCs before, we would NOT be accepting point-dumps unless they were made due to unavoidable circumstances.

Ah, I've never been in either challenge before and I obviously missed this in the rules post sadblauw I didn't know organizing things into one post was considered "dumping" or that it gave you an unfair advantage.

If I'd known I would've found time one way or another! Oh, well. Silly me, I should have realized from the way everyone else was posting.

EDIT: I can't find the details in the rules post. Does this mean I can't get the 30 points for completing each task on time even though I did the task on Monday? I completed: ride a bike (pennyfarthing), have a race. I'll try hard to write it up tomorrow.

#103:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Fri 14 Sep, 2018
    ----
One ND here for September 13.

Also, does anyone know a good way to upload an image somewhere on the internet in order to put it in a post? I did a quick sketch for one of my dreams, but I don't know a way to put an image online somewhere where it has its own url...

#104:  Author: Yev PostPosted: Fri 14 Sep, 2018
    ----
September 13: Fragments only

#105:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Fri 14 Sep, 2018
    ----
No points from last night. I had a long and vivid dream, but my recall of it is so fragmented I'm not even going to claim a fragment.

#106:  Author: DeRuyter001 PostPosted: Fri 14 Sep, 2018
    ----
EarthlyInspired wrote:
One ND here for September 13.

Also, does anyone know a good way to upload an image somewhere on the internet in order to put it in a post? I did a quick sketch for one of my dreams, but I don't know a way to put an image online somewhere where it has its own url...

Have you tried www.imgur.com? I use that for most hosting.

#107:  Author: DeRuyter001 PostPosted: Fri 14 Sep, 2018
    ----
I'm not claiming points for recall, since this is the ND challenge and mine are LDs. Four last night, for the record. Not my best.

I did a bonus task while lucid: see a car.

I'll type up my completed tasks from last week later today. That dream is rather more complex to reconstruct from the coded notes.

EDIT: I suppose there was a chain and an RC in there, too. I forgot that's part of the challenge.

Last edited by DeRuyter001 on Fri 14 Sep, 2018; edited 2 times in total

#108:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Fri 14 Sep, 2018
    ----
DeRuyter001 wrote:

Ah, I have not! I will check that out today, thank you smile

One ND and a fragment today, will upload tonight!

#109:  Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Fri 14 Sep, 2018
    ----
Scores have been updated. siiw

Obliverum wrote:
my car dreams are usually either of losing my brakes or of driving up a hill that gets steeper and steeper until i start rolling backwards... maybe ill have a good one for this challenge!

Ooh, I know the feeling! All of my car dreams have some weird issue where I'm trying to drive from the back seat. Possibly why I'm so spooked out to ever actually drive. But I hope you are able to get a good car dream!

DeRuyter001 wrote:
Ah, I've never been in either challenge before and I obviously missed this in the rules post sadblauw I didn't know organizing things into one post was considered "dumping" or that it gave you an unfair advantage.

If I'd known I would've found time one way or another! Oh, well. Silly me, I should have realized from the way everyone else was posting.

EDIT: I can't find the details in the rules post. Does this mean I can't get the 30 points for completing each task on time even though I did the task on Monday? I completed: ride a bike (pennyfarthing), have a race. I'll try hard to write it up tomorrow.

"Point-dumping" is when someone claims points for a weeks' worth of dreaming without giving prior notice. It was a tactic used in many previous LCs by participants who were trying to lull other players into a false sense of security; (because they thought they only needed 'x' amount of points to win). It has since been considered bad sportsmanship and excluded in recent Challenges.

Moogle and I don't mean to seem harsh, but to keep things fair for everyone, we won't be able to count those previous tasks. As said, next time we recommend dropping by and letting us know you have achieved specific tasks and will be writing them up at 'x' time.

But remember, the NDC still has four weeks remaining and you are welcome to retry the tasks and claim points. Bonus tasks aren't penalised for not being done in the week they were introduced, so everyone is given the same opportunity to achieve them. ^^

Also,

DeRuyter001 wrote:
I'm not claiming points for recall, since this is the ND challenge and mine are LDs. Four last night, for the record. Not my best.

Congrats on the LDs. Feel free to type them up and claim points for them. We are focused on recall of any kind here, so any dream typed-up is eligible for points, regardless of whether it is an ND or LD. wink

#110:  Author: DeRuyter001 PostPosted: Fri 14 Sep, 2018
    ----
Ok, thanks for clarifying. I guess it didn't cross my mind, since I thought everyone just did their best, regardless of how much other people were claiming Maybe put it in the actual rules for future challenges? It's not really something you'd guess if you haven't followed them before, but it's easy to avoid if you've only been warned! I hope I can still get the points for doing all weekly tasks on time (even though I can't get the actual points for the first), since you can't really catch up on that one nuu

I think I won't claim for recalled dreams since I get an awful lot anyway, and I wouldn't really want to rack up points just through that. Presumably the spirit of the challenge is to improve the skills you haven't already cracked. Also, I'm paranoid about the quality of my narration and I don't want to do reams of longhand material every day. I'll stick to tasks.

Obliverum wrote:
my car dreams are usually either of losing my brakes or of driving up a hill that gets steeper and steeper until i start rolling backwards...

Back in the old days, before LDs, I used to have a recurring stress nightmare where I'd have to drive someone to hospital, without knowing how to drive. There would be so many pedals and gearsticks and I couldn't work any of them out. I'd always get pulled over by the police. I think passing my test eventually cured that one...

Last edited by DeRuyter001 on Fri 14 Sep, 2018; edited 1 time in total

#111:  Author: DeRuyter001 PostPosted: Fri 14 Sep, 2018
    ----
Ok, finally got that written up. While lucid, completed the bicycle task and the subtasks pennyfarthing and race. I'm confused on how the points work, now, so I leave that up to the taskmasters help!

EDIT: Do we need to update the topic title? It still says "bike".

#112:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Fri 14 Sep, 2018
    ----
its interesting to hear peoples dream driving problems, i wonder if its a fairly common dream phenomenon?

a search reveals a thread in the archive from 2004 called problems with driving cars that has some more examples, mostly going too fast or brakes failing.

i had a bunch of fragments last night, just one that counts.

#113:  Author: DeRuyter001 PostPosted: Fri 14 Sep, 2018
    ----
That's a great find, Obliverum. It sounds as if anxiety dreams about driving are especially common to people who can't yet drive. It's such a remote scenario, not something you'd actually think about aged 15 - why does it keep cropping up in dreams?

Also...octopus suit? You can't leave it at that! Was it a smartly tailored suit for an actual octopus, or an octopus disguise for a human, or some sort of spacesuit made to fit an astronoct? Please tell us!

#114:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Fri 14 Sep, 2018
    ----
Quote:

its interesting to hear peoples dream driving problems, i wonder if its a fairly common dream phenomenon?

Quote:
It sounds as if anxiety dreams about driving are especially common to people who can't yet drive.

I can't drive, haven't got a licence and I drive really carefully and cautiously in dreams so I don't get found out!

#115:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Fri 14 Sep, 2018
    ----
Looking back through my dream journal, cars have worked correctly in the driving dreams I had lasy year. But before that I've had driving dreams where the handling was wrong, especially if I brake hard. Maybe cars are one of those thngs like computers and mirrors that are hard for the unconcious to simulate accurately.

Also, I've had anxiety dreams about an especially narrow and tricky section of road (which in real life is now somewhat easier, as repeated collisions by drivers who didn't get it right have had the effect of a road widening scheme....)

#116:  Author: DeRuyter001 PostPosted: Fri 14 Sep, 2018
    ----
Yeah, that's an important distinction, Susan.

I notice my nightmares have always been about not knowing how to control the car, rather than about the car itself malfunctioning. I use to have quite similar stress dreams about singing in a choir (or worse, solo) and, whatever I did, I just could not read the music!

I sympathize with that. IWL,there are some junctions near me where I would gladly pay for the cost of having traffic lights installed no My car is twice my own age, so I have to be extra careful.

#117:  Author: Yev PostPosted: Sat 15 Sep, 2018
    ----
September 14: 1 ND

#118:  Author: Alot PostPosted: Sat 15 Sep, 2018
    ----
September 15: 1 ND that I thought was real at first.

#119:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Sat 15 Sep, 2018
    ----
Non-lucid dream about a new bank card.
Non-lucid fragment about opening a door.
Non-lucid dream about a vase.
Non-lucid dream that's a Bruce Willis movie.

Last edited by Susan_Y on Sat 15 Sep, 2018; edited 3 times in total

#120:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Sat 15 Sep, 2018
    ----
Had 1 ND and 1 LD here this morning. No tasks but I did noticeably bring about the end of the world for the first time in my LD by destroying clones of the moon. ^^

#121:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Sat 15 Sep, 2018
    ----
another fragment pile last night, only one counts for points. half of them are about sleeping so thats where im at

one of them was about sleeping in a car though!

DeRuyter001 wrote:
Also...octopus suit? You can't leave it at that!

it was written early in the night, i dont remember anything more. maybe it has something to do with my earliest fragment written last night, also a mystery.

#122:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Sat 15 Sep, 2018
    ----
Sorry for not getting my dreams for the 14th up yesterday, I got home very late last night.
Here they are, a dream and two fragments. Man I hope one of our challenges in this NDC in the future is going to be sitting on a toilet, because dang I nearly have those dreams every night. lach2
Also, the one fragment that night was trippy af! I don't know how my brain can think these things are "normal" enough that they don't warrant questioning my reality... hahaha hand voor hoofd

As for last night, one ND.

No goals reached eh

Apparently my dream theme the last couple days has been relationships haha eek2 If only it were cars!!!

I find that interesting reading everyone's experiences with driving vehicles. I actually can't remember every having driven a vehicle in a dream, even though I've had many dreams where I'm just getting out of my car and such, but the driving part is never there, at least not in my memory.

Last edited by EarthlyInspired on Sat 15 Sep, 2018; edited 2 times in total

#123:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Sat 15 Sep, 2018
    ----
DeRuyter001 wrote:

So I made an Imgur account and uploaded the photo, but it doesnt seem to be working to link it to my DJ thread... this is what I am doing:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/EqWJTfe.jpg?1[/img]

fixed needed?1 removing (moogle) Imo it does count for art.

Suggestions?

Also in reference to that, Eilatan or Moogle, I don't expect this sketch to count towards dream art; I am in no way an artist haha and this is just something I sketched briefly in pencil to illustrate for myself what the thing actually looked like in my dream.

#124:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Sat 15 Sep, 2018
    ----
Alot wrote:

#125:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Sat 15 Sep, 2018
    ----
DeRuyter001 wrote:

eek2 Do you seriously always have that many LD's?? Oh my goodness, tell us your secrets! How do you do it?!

#126:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Sat 15 Sep, 2018
    ----
Moogle wrote:
fixed needed ?1 removing (moogle) Imo it does count for art.

Thanks Moogle!! hugs

#127:  Author: Yev PostPosted: Sun 16 Sep, 2018
    ----
September 15: Fragments only

#128:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Sun 16 Sep, 2018
    ----
No recall from last night. I can remember that I was dreaming just before waking, but I lost all the details.

#129:  Author: obfusc8 PostPosted: Sun 16 Sep, 2018
    ----
Sorry for the brief absence. I've got about 7-8 dreams from the last 3 nights to write up, including one I probably won't, due to ...ah... mature content. shy2 Haven't consciously completed any tasks, so hope this won't count as point dumping. Also, decided not to bother with any dj entries still incomplete from week 1, been too long now really.

#130:  Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Sun 16 Sep, 2018
    ----

DeRuyter001 wrote:
Ok, finally got that written up. While lucid, completed the bicycle task and the subtasks pennyfarthing and race. I'm confused on how the points work, now, so I leave that up to the taskmasters help!

Good to see this dream finally typed up. It was also a rather funny one, jousting the gardener and all. :D

So, due to a general consensus of your fellow participants, Moogle and I have decided to award you points for see a bicycle and ride a pennyfarthing. However, since the main task dealt with riding a "normal pedal bike" (modern style), and since a joust is a sport of its own where the object is not a challenge of being the fastest, but to knock your opponent from their horse--(or in this case, pennyfarthing)--we were unable to award you points for those. Feel free to do them as late tasks, though!

Also, congrats on being the first participant to claim ride a pennyfarthing this challenge! That was a WILD dream! notify

EarthlyInspired wrote:
fixed needed?1 removing (moogle) Imo it does count for art.

Suggestions?

Also in reference to that, Eilatan or Moogle, I don't expect this sketch to count towards dream art; I am in no way an artist haha and this is just something I sketched briefly in pencil to illustrate for myself what the thing actually looked like in my dream.

Wow! Good work on the dream art! I agree with moogle that this does count, as it looks like a detailed drawing to both of us, so congrats on the first claim of dream art this NDC! ^^

obfusc8 wrote:
Sorry for the brief absence. I've got about 7-8 dreams from the last 3 nights to write up, including one I probably won't, due to ...ah... mature content. shy2 Haven't consciously completed any tasks, so hope this won't count as point dumping. Also, decided not to bother with any dj entries still incomplete from week 1, been too long now really.

Thanks for letting us know! I look forward to your, ahh, not-mature dreams. wink

#131:  Author: Alot PostPosted: Sun 16 Sep, 2018
    ----
September 16: 1 fragment and 1 ND

#132:  Author: Letaali PostPosted: Sun 16 Sep, 2018
    ----
Two lucid dreams and two fragments

I'm finally over the flu, so more dreams should be coming. Also, three lucid dreams in a week?! :O I'm doing great, even though they are short and lack any dream control.

Edit: added the fragments. There were cars in one of them.

#133:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Sun 16 Sep, 2018
    ----
Letaali wrote:
Also, three lucid dreams in a week?! :O I'm doing great, even though they are short and lack any dream control.

Nicely done! Keep it up ^^ Hope you get better soon!

I had two dreams last night, and a fragment.

Drove my car in the last dream!! Guess there's a first time for everything :D

#134:  Author: DeRuyter001 PostPosted: Sun 16 Sep, 2018
    ----
Eilatan wrote:
However, since the main task dealt with riding a "normal pedal bike" (modern style), and since a joust is a sport of its own where the object is not a challenge of being the fastest, but to knock your opponent from their horse--(or in this case, pennyfarthing)--we were unable to award you points for those. Feel free to do them as late tasks, though!

Ah, ok! I did that because I assumed the bonus tasks were subdivisions, as it were, or variations of the main task - so if the main task is "see a picture" and there's a bonus task "see a video", you would complete both tasks by seeing the video. But I think you're saying they're entirely separate. So, for this week, driving a horse-drawn carriage would not count for driving a car? Or is it a valid variation on the main task?

Thanks for the encouragement! Glad you enjoyed the write-up. I tried to argue that a joust is basically a race towards the centre...but I wasn't quite convinced of that myself grin1

#135:  Author: Yev PostPosted: Sun 16 Sep, 2018
    ----
September 16: 1 ND

I saw a car in this dream.

#136:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Mon 17 Sep, 2018
    ----
Quote:
I tried to argue that a joust is basically a race towards the centre...but I wasn't quite convinced of that myself

We had a strong feeling you were doing that lach2
DeRuyter
Quote:
This week the challenge is to drive a Car! (50 Points<--less points if lucid). Whether it be fast, red, clown, talking, or racecar bed, it is welcome here! Just pick your ride and strap yourself in!

Bonus Tasks:

1. See a car (5 Points)

So depending on the dream and TMs' discretion. Doing 3 or 4 could cover the main task too.

Remember everyone extra points per week for submitting art (this could be a poem or story that you don't have to upload elsewhere)

#137:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Mon 17 Sep, 2018
    ----
only fragments again last night. of sleeping. again.

hey maybe that can be my new dreamsign! whenever i realize im sleeping ill check to see if im sleeping.

#138:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Mon 17 Sep, 2018
    ----
Had 1 ND here this morning. No tasks....

#139:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Mon 17 Sep, 2018
    ----
Non-lucid dream in which I drive a car. I claim the points for "see a car".

Non-lucid dream in which I sing a prayer. (This is something I was deliberately trying to do in a dream, but as I hadn't declared it in this thread as a personal goal, no points).

Last edited by Susan_Y on Mon 17 Sep, 2018; edited 2 times in total

#140:  Author: obfusc8 PostPosted: Mon 17 Sep, 2018
    ----
Finally some non-mature (immature? ) dreams written up - link

#141:  Author: Alot PostPosted: Mon 17 Sep, 2018
    ----
September 17: 1 ND where I saw a car, and 1 fragment

#142:  Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Mon 17 Sep, 2018
    ----
Scores have been updated. smile

Letaali wrote:
Two lucid dreams and two fragments

I'm finally over the flu, so more dreams should be coming. Also, three lucid dreams in a week?! :O I'm doing great, even though they are short and lack any dream control.

Edit: added the fragments. There were cars in one of them.

Congrats on all the lucids! Just a question, though, I read the dreams and fragments but I couldn't find a mention of cars in any of them? I did see "bus" though, but we were going for actual automobiles rather than larger vehicles. Otherwise we'd have to count trucks and the like. notify

EarthlyInspired wrote:
I had two dreams last night, and a fragment.

Drove my car in the last dream!! Guess there's a first time for everything :D

Congrats on driving your car and getting the task done!! hurray

Obliverum wrote:
only fragments again last night. of sleeping. again.

hey maybe that can be my new dreamsign! whenever i realize im sleeping ill check to see if im sleeping.

Haha. I believe that's what good RC practice is all about! ding ding ding!

Susan_Y wrote:
Non-lucid dream in which I drive a car. I claim the points for "see a car".

Non-lucid dream in which I sing a prayer. (This is something I was deliberately trying to do in a dream, but as I hadn't declared it in this thread as a personal goal, no points).

Congrats on having a non-nightmare finally! And for doing the task; it sounds like it went really well considering everyone's worries of failing breaks, too.

#143:  Author: Letaali PostPosted: Mon 17 Sep, 2018
    ----
Eilatan wrote:
Just a question, though, I read the dreams and fragments but I couldn't find a mention of cars in any of them? I did see "bus" though, but we were going for actual automobiles rather than larger vehicles. Otherwise we'd have to count trucks and the like. notify

Trucks and buses don't count as cars? Geez. Well we were going through normal traffic so there were "regular" cars too. My memory of the fragment is hazy at this point though. I'm fine without points.

#144:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Mon 17 Sep, 2018
    ----
If I can pick a person goal at this point: See a Tibetan musical instrument. (The Tibetan version of a bell, drum or flute would count).

#145:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Mon 17 Sep, 2018
    ----
Susan_Y wrote:
If I can pick a person goal at this point: See a Tibetan musical instrument. (The Tibetan version of a bell, drum or flute would count).

Added to first post thumbs

#146:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Tue 18 Sep, 2018
    ----
One dream and a fragment for Sept 17!

Seems like I did some major self-renewal in my sleep last night. Maybe that's why it was such an impossibly exhausting Monday today! tounge2 -> "Um, sorry boss, I was up all night in my dreams last night shedding my old skin--literally, actually-- to become a new me, so I'm rather exhausted and I'm going to stay at home today, thanks very much."
lach2

#147:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Tue 18 Sep, 2018
    ----
Had 1 ND and 1 Fragment here this morning. No tasks...

#148:  Author: Yev PostPosted: Tue 18 Sep, 2018
    ----
September 17: 1 ND

#149:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Tue 18 Sep, 2018
    ----
well it seems like sleeping turned out to be a good dreamsign because last night i had a lucid dream after realizing i was sleeping somewhere unusual.
besides an LD and an RC, i managed to complete this months wings quest! flying

#150:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Tue 18 Sep, 2018
    ----

#151:  Author: tachyon PostPosted: Tue 18 Sep, 2018
    ----
Three NDs as described in my DJ, and also a fragment 14-15 Sep where I talked with someone about university professors. Upon waking up I heard a tune which I made a small song of as dream art. (Note: this is unrelated to my personal goal)

#152:  Author: obfusc8 PostPosted: Tue 18 Sep, 2018
    ----
+2 lucid dreams written up. link + see a car.

#153:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Tue 18 Sep, 2018
    ----
Obliverum wrote:

Yayy!!!! Congratulations! I wonder what the bull was trying to tell you with this fragile art, in addition to now having the sight!... uhh

#154:  Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Tue 18 Sep, 2018
    ----
Scores have been updated. kiekeboe

Letaali wrote:
Trucks and buses don't count as cars? Geez. Well we were going through normal traffic so there were "regular" cars too. My memory of the fragment is hazy at this point though. I'm fine without points.

No worries, points for see a car added. ^^

Obliverum wrote:
well it seems like sleeping turned out to be a good dreamsign because last night i had a lucid dream after realizing i was sleeping somewhere unusual.

Congrats on getting an LD and managing to do the wings Quest. applaus That was one well earned doughnut.

tachyon wrote:
Three NDs as described in my DJ, and also a fragment 14-15 Sep where I talked with someone about university professors. Upon waking up I heard a tune which I made a small song of as dream art. (Note: this is unrelated to my personal goal)

Wow! notify Dream music! That's really cool! Thank you for creating some awesome Dream Art! music2

#155:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Tue 18 Sep, 2018
    ----
EarthlyInspired wrote:
I wonder what the bull was trying to tell you with this fragile art, in addition to now having the sight!... uhh

the guy who owned the building with the art had some good advice for me rechterduim omhoog met knipoog but ill keep that a secret.

i got very little sleep last night and no recall, but hopefully ill keep the sight next time! or else ill just have to eat more magic donuts.

#156:  Author: DeRuyter001 PostPosted: Tue 18 Sep, 2018
    ----
I'm posting from last night. The main task completed while lucid, no bonus tasks (I crashed the car, is that "off the beaten track? lach1).

I'm typing now, but it's a bit of a blockbuster.

#157:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Tue 18 Sep, 2018
    ----
New tasks tomorrow. But you can still get full points for any old bonus tasks and reduced points for late basic task. Only one set of art points per week though. So be quick if you haven't submitted art this week.

#158:  Author: DeRuyter001 PostPosted: Tue 18 Sep, 2018
    ----
Ok, here we are. Most of this had nothing to do with the tasks, unfortunately. rolleyes But I wrote it up in full, since it advances the story cycle.

I'm working on recalling dialogue, while awake, and getting my dreams into some kind of dramatic shape, while asleep. Not easy, on either front - though browsing TV Tropes, I find, sometimes gives my subconscious ideas which make the dream more "storylike". That's what I'm always striving for.

All that leads to a lot of typing though help!

#159:  Author: Yev PostPosted: Wed 19 Sep, 2018
    ----
September 18: Fragments only

#160:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Wed 19 Sep, 2018
    ----
DeRuyter001 wrote:
But I wrote it up in full, since it advances the story cycle.
All that leads to a lot of typing though help!

I hope you continue to write them out, even as they are not relevent to the NDC. I am enjoying them smile
I burst out laughing trying to imagine a horse with 16 legs... no wonder you couldn't figure out which lead you were on lach2
And the books to return to the library, omg. lach1 Because returning the knitting book is so important in the midst of this dangerous voyage!! tounge2

Last night I remembered only one little dream.. maybe a fragment.. I'll let the judges decide smile

#161:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Wed 19 Sep, 2018
    ----

I have dream art drawn for this week; but haven't yet got to a computer where I can upload it.

#162:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Wed 19 Sep, 2018
    ----
@DeRuyter: I think the lucidity challenge makes my dreams more story-like, because the tasks make a rough story line that I'm making my dreams to follow.

I possibly could make my dreams even more story-like if i concentrated on a particular story rather than the challenge tasks.

#163:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Wed 19 Sep, 2018
    ----
Week 3 - RIDING THE RAILS

Ridin' the rails
Ridin' the rails
Wheels of steel again rollin' through
Pullin' cars for passengers like you
Everybody all ride the train
Get on board there outboard bound again
(Johnny Cash)

For the third week, the task is to take a train ride. So, you just need to board a train and take a ride. So the third task is train travel. tounge2

Bonus Tasks.

1. See a train (5 pts)
  2. Travel by steamtrain (10 pts)
  3. Travel by train in the underground (looong tunnel under mountain/hills etc would also count) (10 pts)
  4. Travel through awesome scenery by train. Mountains, lakes, coastal even futuristic where will your dream train take you?(20 pts)

Re. previous uncompleted goals. Full points can still be claimed for old bonus tasks. Old main tasks give 20 points for ND and 10 points for LD.

#164:  Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Wed 19 Sep, 2018
    ----
Scores have been updated. grin

DeRuyter001 wrote:
I'm posting from last night. The main task completed while lucid, no bonus tasks (I crashed the car, is that "off the beaten track? lach1).

Congrats on getting the main task done! (And sorry, but I don't think crashing into a barn counts as off the track ).

EarthlyInspired wrote:
Last night I remembered only one little dream.. maybe a fragment.. I'll let the judges decide smile

Since you called it as a dream first, I counted it as a dream. Keep in mind we rely on self-judgement for these sorts of things. ^^

Susan_Y wrote:
I have dream art drawn for this week; but haven't yet got to a computer where I can upload it.

Good to hear! Can't wait to see it! rechterduim omhoog met knipoog

#165:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Wed 19 Sep, 2018
    ----
one fragment last night about smileys being posted in the forum! smile ^^ grin

#166:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Wed 19 Sep, 2018
    ----

#167:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Thu 20 Sep, 2018
    ----
One rather lengthy dream, and one fragment.

Super excited to go on a train ride tonight! fingers crossed...

#168:  Author: Yev PostPosted: Thu 20 Sep, 2018
    ----
September 19: Fragments only

#169:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Thu 20 Sep, 2018
    ----
Non-lucid dream about a guy playing with a friendly leopard cub.

Non-lucid dream in which my grandfather takes me to a museum.

Lucid dream in which I see an art nouveau townhouse, and think that I should draw it for the Normal Dream Challenge. (That is, in the dream I was aware that I would be able to get challenge points for doing a drawing when I woke up).

#170:  Author: obfusc8 PostPosted: Thu 20 Sep, 2018
    ----
2 dreams here

In one, I drive a car off-road into a sort of park/grassland safari area with a lake. The other one had a kinda spiritual theme thing going... and aliens. A horde of aliens. eh

#171:  Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Thu 20 Sep, 2018
    ----

obfusc8 wrote:
2 dreams here

In one, I drive a car off-road into a sort of park/grassland safari area with a lake. The other one had a kinda spiritual theme thing going... and aliens. A horde of aliens. eh

Congrats on getting the car off-road! rechterduim omhoog met knipoog Good thing you weren't harmed with all that car ramming. notify

#172:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Thu 20 Sep, 2018
    ----
Just 1 fragment here today. No tasks.

#173:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Fri 21 Sep, 2018
    ----

#174:  Author: Yev PostPosted: Fri 21 Sep, 2018
    ----
September 20: Fragments only

#175:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Fri 21 Sep, 2018
    ----
Non-lucid dream in which I buy a plane ticket.

(maybe I'll need the plane ticket for week 4. colgate )

#176:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Fri 21 Sep, 2018
    ----
Susan_Y wrote:
Non-lucid dream in which I buy a plane ticket.

(maybe I'll need the plane ticket for week 4. colgate )

lach2 you never know..

#177:  Author: tachyon PostPosted: Fri 21 Sep, 2018
    ----
DJ for the past four nights, including one LD!

17-18 Sep and 18-19 Sep are clearly just one ND each, and last night can be summarized as:

• One LD
  • 'significant WBTB' as in awake and getting up
  • One ND
  • Two fragments (to be counted as one)

I saw cars on the street in #4 wink5 no other vehicular tasks unfortunately.

#178:  Author: obfusc8 PostPosted: Fri 21 Sep, 2018
    ----
moogle wrote:
lach2 you never know..

Reading moogle's DJ for task spoilers, after Eilatan mentioned moogle doing the car driving task early! yes

Had a dream last night that had elements of what I've been trying to incubate to do my personal goal. Really happy with that. Failed to get to a train station though. Difficult to focus when being shot at....
link

#179:  Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Fri 21 Sep, 2018
    ----

james_uk2008 wrote:
Just 1 fragment here today. No tasks.

Hey James, I noticed that this fragment contained a collision with cars. notify I figured that warranted points for "see a car". Thank goodness dream you was unharmed! smile

obfusc8 wrote:
Reading moogle's DJ for task spoilers, after Eilatan mentioned moogle doing the car driving task early! yes

Had a dream last night that had elements of what I've been trying to incubate to do my personal goal. Really happy with that. Failed to get to a train station though. Difficult to focus when being shot at....
link

lach2 I can't say whether or not Moogle has done other tasks early, but I can say a fair few of you have. And it's highly entertaining to the both of us!! kiekeboe

Also, looks like you were really close to the Underground! Hopefully you reach it next time.

#180:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Fri 21 Sep, 2018
    ----
Good morning! Sorry, I forgot to post in here yesterday that I’ve added my dreams for Sept 20: One ND and one fragment.

We landed a plane on a set of train tracks, so hopefully that means some incubation is starting to set in tounge1

I’ll write up my dreams for last night Sept 21 this evening!

#181:  Author: Alot PostPosted: Fri 21 Sep, 2018
    ----
September 18: 1 fragment, and September 22: 2 ND's

Last edited by Alot on Sat 22 Sep, 2018; edited 1 time in total

#182:  Author: Yev PostPosted: Sat 22 Sep, 2018
    ----
September 21: 1 ND

#183:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Sat 22 Sep, 2018
    ----
Eureka! Four dreams and a fragment. All NDs and no choo choo's.

#184:  Author: Majah PostPosted: Sat 22 Sep, 2018
    ----
I'm sorry I have to quit NDC
Because of an injured shoulder, I'm not able to use my right arm for a while

#185:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Sat 22 Sep, 2018
    ----
@majah: I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you get better soon!

Non-lucid dream in which I row a rowing boat.

Boats are not (yet) a task, unfortunately...

Non-lucid dream about a photograph of my cousin.

#186:  Author: obfusc8 PostPosted: Sat 22 Sep, 2018
    ----
@Majah. Shoulder injuries are the worst! I'm recovering from one too that's really messed with my gym routine. Take plenty of time to rest. Hope it gets better soon.

Fragment + 3 dreams from last night. here

I did the train ride task! :D
...And forgot most of a lucid dream. sadblauw

Also, tomorrow, if I have anything to report, will be my last post for a while. Off on holiday for the week. Won't be keeping a dream journal during this time, so there won't be any point dumps at the end either.

#187:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Sat 22 Sep, 2018
    ----
no recall for the last few days but im rooting for you all!

get well soon Majah cheer

#188:  Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Sat 22 Sep, 2018
    ----

Majah wrote:
I'm sorry I have to quit NDC
Because of an injured shoulder, I'm not able to use my right arm for a while

notify I'm sorry to hear this! I hope it gets better soon! *Eilatan gives Majah healing cookie

obfusc8 wrote:

Fragment + 3 dreams from last night. here

I did the train ride task! :D
...And forgot most of a lucid dream. sadblauw

Also, tomorrow, if I have anything to report, will be my last post for a while. Off on holiday for the week. Won't be keeping a dream journal during this time, so there won't be any point dumps at the end either.

boogie Congrats on doing the train task!!

I'm glad you were able to do it before you go on holiday. Perhaps we'll see you back for the last week? kiekeboe

#189:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Sat 22 Sep, 2018
    ----
Wishing you a speedy recovery Majah hugs

Just some fragments for me last night

#190:  Author: Yev PostPosted: Sun 23 Sep, 2018
    ----
September 22: Fragments only

#191:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Sun 23 Sep, 2018
    ----
Didn't occur to me that I could submit that to the cars subtask. Thanks for letting me know smile

#192:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Sun 23 Sep, 2018
    ----
Non-lucid dream in which I have a drink in a cocktail bar.

Non-lucid dream in which I have a drink with my grandfather.

(Both tasted like fruit juice).

Non-lucid dream in which I buy a caramel donut.

Non-lucid dream about a garden plant (that doesn't really exist).

Non-lucid dream about a camera.

I had unusually good dream recall last night. I was woken up at 05:00 by the sound of a rainstorm, which was annoying but may have helped my recall (WBTB).

#193:  Author: Koal44 PostPosted: Sun 23 Sep, 2018
    ----
Eventhough I didn't post anything in the last three weeks, I am actually still playing and following the NDC smile
Wrote my dreams everyday but as I am in a really low LD level I don t really want to post online.
So claiming points for 16 NDs and 4 fragments and 1 LD last night. (I didn t write them all entirely so hard to recount after) in which:

During the week 2 I drove a car
During week 3 (last night in a LD) I drove a bike.

#194:  Author: Alot PostPosted: Sun 23 Sep, 2018
    ----
September 23: 1 fragment and 2 ND's

#195:  Author: obfusc8 PostPosted: Sun 23 Sep, 2018
    ----
Fragments and a couple of lucid dreams. No tasks. A failed attempt at my personal goal. link

(Terminator impression) "I'll be back" (for the final week) siiw

#196:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Sun 23 Sep, 2018
    ----
Susan's Dream Drawings

so Eilatan doesn't miss it while doing the scores.

#197:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Sun 23 Sep, 2018
    ----
This drawing of one of my dreams doesn't count for points, because the dream was before the start of the NDC. (I'm testing that the process of scanning and uploading drawings works).

#198:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Sun 23 Sep, 2018
    ----
I could view it Susan

#199:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Sun 23 Sep, 2018
    ----
Weeoooo! Went for a train ride last night in my second dream! It was so fun :D

#200:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Sun 23 Sep, 2018
    ----
Also, I’m moving house over the course of the following week, so my entries may be somewhat simplified. Hopefully I’ll still get to it every day though smile

#201:  Author: Yev PostPosted: Mon 24 Sep, 2018
    ----
September 23: Fragments only

#202:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Mon 24 Sep, 2018
    ----
Non-lucid dream in which I am in a cabin in the woods.

Unlike nearly every horror film ever, nothing bad happened. I could feel heat and cold. The weather is just turning cold in waking life here in the UK, so the dream weather was faithful to waking life.

(Compare The Evil Dead, Antichrist, Honeymoon etc.)

#203:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Mon 24 Sep, 2018
    ----
i drove a car in my dream last night! i had trouble making it go the right way.

later i had a fragment where i saw a train speeding through town on a new track.

so one nd, one fragment, driving a car, i also saw the car in front of me, and saw a train.

#204:  Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Mon 24 Sep, 2018
    ----
Koal44 wrote:
Eventhough I didn't post anything in the last three weeks, I am actually still playing and following the NDC smile
Wrote my dreams everyday but as I am in a really low LD level I don t really want to post online.
So claiming points for 16 NDs and 4 fragments and 1 LD last night. (I didn t write them all entirely so hard to recount after) in which:

During the week 2 I drove a car
During week 3 (last night in a LD) I drove a bike.

Hi Koal, good to see you have been dropping in.

I'm not sure if you notice, but here at the NDC we are focused on dream incubation and recall. We find the best way to improve recall and incubation is through the act of DJing, and as such a facet of the rules is that only dreams written in your online DJ will be considered for points.

This is why all of your fellow participants have been steadily posting their dreams each day, and why we are unable to count the 16 NDs which have not been added to your DJ here.

We would have suggested you to post them earlier, had we known you planned to claim points for them. Unfortunately, if you read the post on posting old dreams without notice a week late, you will know that point-dumping will not be accepted this challenge, in the same way it is not accepted in the LC.

Moogle and I don't mean to seem harsh, but as a former LC TM, you should be familiar with the necessity of keeping things fair for every participant. So to keep things fair, we won't be able to count your previous and unposted dreams and tasks. The LD you had last night, which contains a late and lucid attempt of the bike task, has been counted.

To avoid disappointment in the future, please consider posting your dreams to your DJ here, as I'm sure your fellow participants would enjoy reading them.

#205:  Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Mon 24 Sep, 2018
    ----
Scores have been updated. woo

EarthlyInspired wrote:
Weeoooo! Went for a train ride last night in my second dream! It was so fun :D

Wow! Congrats on doing the train task! wow And the see a train task. And the steam train task.

And the notify Well, moogle and I were wondering, do you count that as "awesome" scenery? Because we had no idea if you do, but if you do then congrats on that task, too. kiekeboe

Obliverum wrote:
i drove a car in my dream last night! i had trouble making it go the right way.

later i had a fragment where i saw a train speeding through town on a new track.

so one nd, one fragment, driving a car, i also saw the car in front of me, and saw a train.

Woot! applaus Well done on getting drive a car, see a car and see a train!

#206:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Mon 24 Sep, 2018
    ----
Eilatan wrote:
And the notify Well, moogle and I were wondering, do you count that as "awesome" scenery? Because we had no idea if you do, but if you do then congrats on that task, too. kiekeboe

No, that's ok, while it was beautiful, in the dream it was all the familiar scenery of where I live. Personally, I would consider the "see awesome scenery" bonus task as a new and exciting place to see, which this wouldn't qualify as for me. But thank you ^^

#207:  Author: DeRuyter001 PostPosted: Mon 24 Sep, 2018
    ----
Well done Earthly! Going up and down the hill on the tiny train reminded me of the beginning of "Dumbo". Thinking about it, I realize that was probably a normal-sized train, but it felt small compared to the animals. (Funny how you carry so many impressions with you from childhood, which simply go uncorrected until you have a specific reason to think about them again. Until five minutes ago there was a latent assumption in my adult head that Dumbo began with an exceptionally small train!)

(I know we shouldn't post too many pictures but this will help people incubate!)

I completed the task last night. I saw some trains, rode a train and possibly saw some awesome scenery. I'll let you decide. Sadly, it had little to do with my ongoing story-line and I was reluctant to post it, but I've decided it's worth the two minutes it'll take to read. Will type up tomorrow morning.

I want to do the steam train next. One more night!

#208:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Tue 25 Sep, 2018
    ----
Quote:
I saw some trains, rode a train and possibly saw some awesome scenery. I'll let you decide.

For the awesome scenery bonus, we depend on the dreamer's impression to guide us.

#209:  Author: Yev PostPosted: Tue 25 Sep, 2018
    ----
September 24: 1 ND

#210:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Tue 25 Sep, 2018
    ----
DeRuyter001 wrote:
Going up and down the hill on the tiny train reminded me of the beginning of "Dumbo".

Oh, Dumbo… A childhood favorite. As a matter of fact, my train ride felt nearly exactly like what my childhood impressions were of that beginning train ride in Dumbo.

#211:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Tue 25 Sep, 2018
    ----
Just some fragments for me last night!

#212:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Tue 25 Sep, 2018
    ----
Non-lucid dream in which I have lunch with a group of women at a hotel restaurant.

This week, I'm going to be trying some lucid dream induction techniques. Last night's (non-lucid) dream was after an intentional WBTB.

#213:  Author: Alot PostPosted: Tue 25 Sep, 2018
    ----
September 25: fragments

#214:  Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Tue 25 Sep, 2018
    ----

EarthlyInspired wrote:
Eilatan wrote:

No, that's ok, while it was beautiful, in the dream it was all the familiar scenery of where I live. Personally, I would consider the "see awesome scenery" bonus task as a new and exciting place to see, which this wouldn't qualify as for me. But thank you ^^

Got it. It's always interesting to see how things that appear ordinary to some people can be seen as awesome by others. kiekeboe

DeRuyter001 wrote:
Well done Earthly! Going up and down the hill on the tiny train reminded me of the beginning of "Dumbo". Thinking about it, I realize that was probably a normal-sized train, but it felt small compared to the animals. (Funny how you carry so many impressions with you from childhood, which simply go uncorrected until you have a specific reason to think about them again. Until five minutes ago there was a latent assumption in my adult head that Dumbo began with an exceptionally small train!)

(I know we shouldn't post too many pictures but this will help people incubate!)

Wow! I completely forgot about this train. I remember it being small, too. But when looked at from this angle it looks three times the size of the humans! I think I remember it being small because Dumbo's mother was bursting out of her carriage? But then, it's been a while since I've seen it.

Also, feel free to post images. You're right and they help people incubate, so we don't mind seeing them. ^^

And as Moogle said, just like with the Quest we rely on the interpretation of the dreamer as to whether they believe their scenery was awesome or not. So you let us know.

Susan_Y wrote:
Non-lucid dream in which I have lunch with a group of women at a hotel restaurant.

This week, I'm going to be trying some lucid dream induction techniques. Last night's (non-lucid) dream was after an intentional WBTB.

Good luck with the lucids! If you're planning to WBTB, you should see if you can chain into previous dreams, because chains count here. wink

By the way, I loved seeing your dream art but was wondering if those are the ones that you were planning for this NDC. I saw the ones from LC61, but couldn't tell if the others matched dreams from our Weeks. eek2

#215:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Tue 25 Sep, 2018
    ----
The other pieces of dream art I've uploaded also don't count for this challenge.

I'll make a link to them in this thread when I've uploaded the sketches I made in the previous weeks of this challenge.

Quote:
And as Moogle said, just like with the Quest we rely on the interpretation of the dreamer as to whether they believe their scenery was awesome or not. So you let us know.

In a previous Lucidity Challenge, I seem to remember having a discussion with Thorn (who was hosting) about how good the restaurant was in my dream. It's hard for anyone except the person who had the dream to make those kind of subjective judgments!

#216:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Wed 26 Sep, 2018
    ----
Reminder

Last week to get points for the Ask and Receive wings Quest. There will be a new Quest on October 1st.

#217:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Wed 26 Sep, 2018
    ----
moogle wrote:
Reminder

Last week to get points for the Ask and Receive wings Quest. There will be a new Quest on October 1st.

I was so excited for this one!! Sadly I need to get a lucid dream to try to do the challenge haha...

Also, one fragment last night...

#218:  Author: Yev PostPosted: Wed 26 Sep, 2018
    ----
September 25: Fragments only

#219:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Wed 26 Sep, 2018
    ----
Had 1 ND here this morning. As per the see a train task, I notably saw the armored train as it appeared in Goldeneye.

#220:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Wed 26 Sep, 2018
    ----
Non-lucid dream in which I play a game (with three other people) where you throw a small ball through a basketball hoop. I claim points for the dream recall only; no new tasks done.

I made an attempt at WILD that didn't work: I had hypnagogic hallucinations but then lost awareness. No points for this: I am calling thse hypnagogic hallucinations "not dreams".

Last edited by Susan_Y on Thu 27 Sep, 2018; edited 1 time in total

#221:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Wed 26 Sep, 2018
    ----
EarthlyInspired wrote:
moogle wrote:
Reminder

I was so excited for this one!! Sadly I need to get a lucid dream to try to do the challenge haha...

BUT for NDC you get points even if it is done in a normal dream. Just post here and in quest topic (stating it was a ND)

#222:  Author: Alot PostPosted: Wed 26 Sep, 2018
    ----
September 26: 1 ND

#223:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Wed 26 Sep, 2018
    ----
moogle wrote:
BUT for NDC you get points even if it is done in a normal dream. Just post here and in quest topic (stating it was a ND)

Ah, ok! Would be cool to see how this one went in an ND... time to incubate! ☝🏼

#224:  Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Wed 26 Sep, 2018
    ----
Scores have been updated. smile

james_uk2008 wrote:
Had 1 ND here this morning. As per the see a train task, I notably saw the armored train as it appeared in Goldeneye.

Congrats on seeing a train! tumbsuplinkswitteduim

Though admittedly a fiery dream. Glad you weren't hurt. notify

#225:  Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Wed 26 Sep, 2018
    ----
Week 4: Hoist the Colours!

We packed our bags and said farewell
Untied the knot and raised the sail
We threw our hearts into the sea
Forgot all of our memories

- Yoann Lemoine

Here be the fourth week of the NDC, me 'earties, where the shore is only for ye faint of heart. It's the pirate's life or walk the plank!

That's right! This week the challenge is to take a ride on a boat! (50 Points). Sail, motor, house, magnificent, fierce and huge-ish. Prepare every vessel that floats!

Bonus Tasks:
  1. See a boat (5 Points)
  2. Ride on a jet-ski or in a speedboat (10 Points)
  3. Take a boat down a canal or over rapids (10 points)
  4. Sail the high seas with pirates! (20 Points) Take to the open ocean with colourful characters. By the sweat of our brows, and the strength of our backs and the courage of our hearts. Hoist the colours.

---------------

#226:  Author: DeRuyter001 PostPosted: Wed 26 Sep, 2018
    ----
Aha, yes! Here we go!

Trying to fit all these modern vehicles into my mediaeval dreamworld has been taxing my creativity. This should be fun...

#227:  Author: Yev PostPosted: Thu 27 Sep, 2018
    ----
September 26: 1 ND

#228:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Thu 27 Sep, 2018
    ----
Yayy, so excited for this one! 😃
As for Tuesday night, not even a speck of a dream. All I know is that my dog was in a dream, but that’s the extent of it... there is just toooo much going on this week for proper dream focus overspannen .

#229:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Thu 27 Sep, 2018
    ----
Non-lucid fragment in which I use a magic divining stick to find a location.

#230:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Thu 27 Sep, 2018
    ----
Quote:
1. See a boat (5 Points)

My precognitive dream dream has been confirmed correct colgate There are no points for precognition of tasks, and I've already claimed the recall points for that one. Still waiting to see if there's a plane in week 5...

#231:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Thu 27 Sep, 2018
    ----

#232:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Thu 27 Sep, 2018
    ----
I've just uploaded my drawing made in week 2. I hope I'm not too late to claim some art points.

(As this is a drawing of a ceramic work, and the NDC rules allow art points for ceramic works, I did contemplate actually making it. But just uploading the sketch is easier).

#233:  Author: DeRuyter001 PostPosted: Thu 27 Sep, 2018
    ----
Finally wrote up the train dream I mentioned. Sorry it was later than I hoped.

I had another dream where a vehicle (TARDIS Rhewin) featured prominently. It didn't complete any tasks, but since this is a vehicle-themed challenge it might be fun to bend my rules and write it up anyway. Will try to do so tomorrow.

Is Rhewin still around? It would be nice to talk to him about that one!

#234:  Author: Yev PostPosted: Fri 28 Sep, 2018
    ----
September 27: 2 NDs

#235:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Fri 28 Sep, 2018
    ----
Just some more fragments for me for last night (morning of the the 27th). I will try to write up tomorrow!

#236:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Fri 28 Sep, 2018
    ----
Non-lucid dream in which I am in a hotel room and the bath springs a leak.

Non-lucid dream in which I am in ancient Britain and I suspect that I am performing an LD4All task. Now that I've woken up, I think the NDC doesn't have points for "you suspect that you are dreaming", so no points apart from the dream recall. It turns out it wasn't a weekly task, after all :-( This was after WBTB+MILD, and the technique almost worked. I won't count this as a lucid dream, because I wasn't fully lucid.

"This will be so much more fun if I don't break my suspension of disbelief by performing a reality check" is an interesting thought to have had in a dream...

#237:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Fri 28 Sep, 2018
    ----
Susan_Y wrote:
"This will be so much more fun if I don't break my suspension of disbelief by performing a reality check" is an interesting thought to have had in a dream...

Ah yes, I've been there... One of those "doh!" moments, when you do wake up. sigh

#238:  Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Fri 28 Sep, 2018
    ----
Scores have been updated. :D

Susan_Y wrote:
I've just uploaded my drawing made in week 2. I hope I'm not too late to claim some art points.

(As this is a drawing of a ceramic work, and the NDC rules allow art points for ceramic works, I did contemplate actually making it. But just uploading the sketch is easier).

Counted, thanks to your early heads up about this.

We accept all complex art, really, we only put into the description everything we could think of. If someone wanted to glass blow their dream plates, then go ahead. We just like promoting art here. ^^

DeRuyter001 wrote:
Finally wrote up the train dream I mentioned. Sorry it was later than I hoped.

I had another dream where a vehicle (TARDIS Rhewin) featured prominently. It didn't complete any tasks, but since this is a vehicle-themed challenge it might be fun to bend my rules and write it up anyway. Will try to do so tomorrow.

Is Rhewin still around? It would be nice to talk to him about that one!

Counted, thanks to your early heads up.

Rhewin isn't around much anymore, due to his chasing two little tykes. But I'm sure you will find more than a handful of people here are Doctor Who fans and would enjoy reading your dreams. kiekeboe

Susan_Y wrote:
Non-lucid dream in which I am in ancient Britain and I suspect that I am performing an LD4All task. Now that I've woken up, I think the NDC doesn't have points for "you suspect that you are dreaming", so no points apart from the dream recall. It turns out it wasn't a weekly task, after all :-( This was after WBTB+MILD, and the technique almost worked. I won't count this as a lucid dream, because I wasn't fully lucid.

We don't have points for suspecting you're dreaming, but we do have points for RCs, even if they fail. So next time ignore that voice in your head and reality check

Susan_Y wrote:
Quote:
1. See a boat (5 Points)

My precognitive dream dream has been confirmed correct colgate There are no points for precognition of tasks, and I've already claimed the recall points for that one. Still waiting to see if there's a plane in week 5...

lach2 I love that so many people feel they had precog dreams here!

In fact, at the end of Week 1, Earthly Inspired had this dream, in which she was on a boat on a lake which turned into an ocean. I was so surprised by the accuracy! notify

Also, I had this dream just after Moogle and I decided on the tasks, which involved being on top of a steam train, heading through awesome scenery, while guided by a pirate. Yes, that dream was from two months before the NDC began. I can't tell you how much I had to restrain myself from pointing it out and spoiling the tasks!

#239:  Author: LucidWilliam PostPosted: Sat 29 Sep, 2018
    ----
Well guys, I would like to apologize for signing up for this dreaming challenge and then not participating. I’m currently on month and a half long motorcycle trip and completely forgot about this. Well anyway I figured I’d post the dream I had last night

#240:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Sat 29 Sep, 2018
    ----
Congrats on your 100th post LucidWilliam.
Still 1 1/2 weeks left and all previous bonus tasks still give full points..... So see what you can do in the time you have left. smile

#241:  Author: Yev PostPosted: Sat 29 Sep, 2018
    ----
September 28: 1 ND

#242:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Sat 29 Sep, 2018
    ----
Here is my fragment from the morning of the 27th.

I also had a really bizarre dream last night that I will write up in the morning—it’s past my bedtime!

Now to hopefully dream of a boat during the week it’s called for

#243:  Author: Alot PostPosted: Sat 29 Sep, 2018
    ----
September 29: fragments about work stuff + 2nd set of fragments

September 30: more fragments

Didn't really feel like writing right away, and lost the recall meh

Last edited by Alot on Sat 29 Sep, 2018; edited 1 time in total

#244:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Sat 29 Sep, 2018
    ----
Non-lucid dream in which my mother and I meet another family for lunch.

Non-lucid dream in which I visit my grandfather.

Non-lucid dream in which I am at a concert.

Non-lucid dream about driving.

Lucid dream (short duration, less than one minute) about driving.

Non-lucid dream in which I have a phone call.

Non-lucid dream in which my mother is driving.

I woke up a couple of times in the night. Terrible for getting some sleep, but at least it was good for my dream recall and got me one short lucid nightmare. I'll claim the points for recalling 7 dreams, and for having a lucid dream. When I looked at the clock, it was a reality check: do I get the points if the reality check doesn't work (i.e. behaves like in waking life)? Also, are there points for redoing a late task (see a car) while lucid? I think the lucidity challenge rules would have given me some extra points for that.

Last edited by Susan_Y on Sat 29 Sep, 2018; edited 3 times in total

#245:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Sat 29 Sep, 2018
    ----

#246:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Sat 29 Sep, 2018
    ----
Quote:
Also, are there points for redoing a late task (see a car) while lucid?

No, each can only be claimed once. This is why there are 4 bonus tasks each week so there should always be something to incubate. If you hadn't already done it, you would be able to claim the points.

#247:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Sat 29 Sep, 2018
    ----
my dream recall dry spell is finally over smile

just one normal dream to report last night.

i have a good feeling about boats though!

#248:  Author: Yev PostPosted: Sun 30 Sep, 2018
    ----
September 29: Fragments only

#249:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Sun 30 Sep, 2018
    ----
For the morning of September 28, I had one very bizarre dream.

And for last night (the morning of September 29), I had three dreams, two of which were lucid in parts, and one ND. In the ND, I was in a boat!! Yayy! Still want to try for a pirate ship though yes

#250:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Sun 30 Sep, 2018
    ----
Had 3 NDs here this morning. No tasks.

#251:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Sun 30 Sep, 2018
    ----
Non-lucid dream in which I am at a film festival showing Ridley Scott's Alien.

#252:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Sun 30 Sep, 2018
    ----
one normal dream and one fragment set last night.

i drove a car again! i couldnt control it well so i assumed i was drunk. and i had another dream of sleeping in a weird spot and so... i assumed i was drunk. looks like thats my brains new go-to to explain away dream signs.

#253:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Mon 01 Oct, 2018
    ----
NEW LD4all Wing Quest now available.

LD4all Quest 123 - Llaca Night Life!

Remember
in NDC you can earn points by doing the quest in a LD OR ND ^^

#254:  Author: Alot PostPosted: Mon 01 Oct, 2018
    ----
October 1: fragments about work from first waking,
ND and fragments from 2nd waking

#255:  Author: Yev PostPosted: Mon 01 Oct, 2018
    ----
September 30: Fragments only

#256:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Mon 01 Oct, 2018
    ----
Non-lucid dream in which I watch as a disembodied observer as two spies sneak through a building.

#257:  Author: obfusc8 PostPosted: Mon 01 Oct, 2018
    ----
Did the boat task while lucid, the pirate task, also while lucid. Possibly the speedboat task, because they were cheating and had an outboard motor... it looked like a sailing ship though. The boat in the pirate dream was a rowboat, although it was moving really really fast.

3 dreams, because one I had to snip due to only remembering the forum inappropriate bit.

These were from last night, not a point dump! smile

#258:  Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Mon 01 Oct, 2018
    ----

Sorry for it being a bit long since they have been, just had a super busy weekend. kiekeboe

LucidWilliam wrote:
Well guys, I would like to apologize for signing up for this dreaming challenge and then not participating. I’m currently on month and a half long motorcycle trip and completely forgot about this. Well anyway I figured I’d post the dream I had last night

It's all good LucidWilliam! It's nice to hear that your trip coincided with this NDC that's full of transport references. Unfortunately Motorcycles were not a part of it, but your dream has been counted. ^^

Susan_Y wrote:
Non-lucid dream in which I have a phone call.

When I looked at the clock, it was a reality check: do I get the points if the reality check doesn't work (i.e. behaves like in waking life)?

Hey Susan, I was just wondering about the RC in this dream. From my understanding an RC is used specifically to question yourself while in a dream as to whether it is a dream or not, though it seems that looking at the clock in your dream was not used in this same sense. Please let me know if I am reading things wrong and you did indeed look at the clock in order to question the dream.

EarthlyInspired wrote:
And for last night (the morning of September 29), I had three dreams, two of which were lucid in parts, and one ND. In the ND, I was in a boat!! Yayy! Still want to try for a pirate ship though yes

Congrats on completing the task! boogie

I saw you also did the nose-pinch RC, so have added the points for that, too. reality check

obfusc8 wrote:
Did the boat task while lucid, the pirate task, also while lucid. Possibly the speedboat task, because they were cheating and had an outboard motor... it looked like a sailing ship though. The boat in the pirate dream was a rowboat, although it was moving really really fast.

3 dreams, because one I had to snip due to only remembering the forum inappropriate bit.

These were from last night, not a point dump! smile

Congrats on doing so many tasks last night! hurray . We've awarded the speedboat task, as you seem to think the boat was fast enough to qualify.

They were entertaining, even if they were lucid

#259:  Author: Alot PostPosted: Mon 01 Oct, 2018
    ----
October 1 (managed to get another in just before midnight): ND with drive a car task completed

October 2: 1 long LD

+ fragments, all the dreams are starting to tire me out

Last edited by Alot on Tue 02 Oct, 2018; edited 2 times in total

#260:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Mon 01 Oct, 2018
    ----
Quote:
From my understanding an RC is used specifically to question yourself while in a dream as to whether it is a dream or not, though it seems that looking at the clock in your dream was not used in this same sense. Please let me know if I am reading things wrong and you did indeed look at the clock in order to question the dream.

I look at the clock when I wake up as a reality check that I'm not in a false awakening (not just to see if its early enough that I can go back to sleep). I've been practising reality checks all last week. On the other hand, in the dream I wasn't thinking very carefully about what I was doing. ("Bleugh..." grabs the clock by reflex) If you think its a bit doubtful, I won't mind if I don't get the points for it.

#261:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Tue 02 Oct, 2018
    ----
One long interesting dream for me... no tasks.

#262:  Author: Yev PostPosted: Tue 02 Oct, 2018
    ----
October 01: 1 ND

I saw a train in this dream. It was a freight train, though; I don't remember if that counts for the points or not.

#263:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Tue 02 Oct, 2018
    ----
Non-lucid dream in which I see some guys change into tuxedos for a formal occasion. One of them maybe looks a bit like Benedict Cumberbatch.

I've snipped the next bit. (I'm not claiming any points for the snipped part).

Non-lucid dream in which some guys attempt a demolition with a substance that behaves like thermite.

P.S. it's just ocurred to me that Benedict Cumberbatch is a reasonably good match in appearance for the vampire in some of the vampire dreams I had in previous challenges.

#264:  Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Tue 02 Oct, 2018
    ----

Alot wrote:
October 1 (managed to get another in just before midnight): ND with drive a car task completed

Congrats on finally getting drive a car! Even with the dubious, no licence circumstance.

Yev wrote:
October 01: 1 ND

I saw a train in this dream. It was a freight train, though; I don't remember if that counts for the points or not.

Freight trains definitely count as seeing trains! Congrats! ^^

#265:  Author: DeRuyter001 PostPosted: Tue 02 Oct, 2018
    ----
Did the pirate ship last night, so I suppose that covers the boat too.

May take me a little while to write up. I'm one behind already shutup Will do my best!

#266:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Tue 02 Oct, 2018
    ----
one lucid dream last night.

no boats, but there was a pool in a parking garage, so maybe something about water-based transportation is sticking in my head.

#267:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Tue 02 Oct, 2018
    ----
Remember to get any week 4 artwork posted as soon as possible. Week 5 begins tomorrow. kiekeboe

#268:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Wed 03 Oct, 2018
    ----
moogle wrote:
Remember to get any week 4 artwork posted as soon as possible. Week 5 begins tomorrow. kiekeboe

Oh man, so many things in my latest dreams that I'd love to draw! Being in between houses is no fun, all my stuff is in boxes so I can't find anything like my drawing pad haha sadblauw

#269:  Author: Alot PostPosted: Wed 03 Oct, 2018
    ----
October 3: ND where I ride... a roller coaster

I had the idea that a new task had been posted, and was a twist that no one was expecting, but had also been an element of Eilatan's dream. I couldn't remember what exactly the task was, and was going to check if riding a roller coaster just happened to be part of it, but realized it wasn't even Wednesday yet (at least not in the context of the next task having been posted). I guess remembering seeing a new task was a fragment, and the idea of there being a twist was because of the pirates.

Btw, I was wondering about the deadline for posting artworks, because there doesn't seem like much time to get artworks done for dreams that are posted towards the end of the week. If the intention to post an artwork is made before the next task, maybe the deadline to post the actual art work can be extended to a week or x days after the date of the dream?

#270:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Wed 03 Oct, 2018
    ----
Quote:
If the intention to post an artwork is made before the next task, maybe the deadline to post the actual art work can be extended to a week or x days after the date of the dream?

That's correct.
Only 1 artwork per week can get the art points so there is a grand total of 5 opportunities for extra points.

#271:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Wed 03 Oct, 2018
    ----
Two ND's for me last night! No pirate ships to report I'm afraid...

#272:  Author: Yev PostPosted: Wed 03 Oct, 2018
    ----
October 02: Fragments only

#273:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Wed 03 Oct, 2018
    ----
I've drawn dream art for this week that I haven't uploaded yet. (Sorry for the delay in getting my drawings scanned and uploaded).

#274:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Wed 03 Oct, 2018
    ----
Non-lucid dream in which a woman and I talk about the advantages of doing your A-levels (a British qualification, for non-UK readers...) at school or sixth-form college.

Non-lucid dream in which I watch a role-playing game where a member of the "mediocre" character class has underwhelming adventures. Ok, I know how that character feels colgate

Now, if I could get a proper lucid dream I could make it more interesting.

#275:  Author: obfusc8 PostPosted: Wed 03 Oct, 2018
    ----
A confusing bunch of fragments this morning, before a lucid dream in which I thought riding a horse was a task... and then did the new quest! (while lucid) wolf

link

#276:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Wed 03 Oct, 2018
    ----
Looking through my dream journal for this challenge, my grandfather appears frequently: he is taking me on a trip to a museum; i'm visting my grandparents, and unpacking; i see the photo of cousin C on the sideboard in their dining room; i pour drinks for my grandfather and myself. (I've already claimed the points for all these).

#277:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Wed 03 Oct, 2018
    ----
Week 5 - the final week!! Time flies when you are having fun grin .... speaking of which kiekeboe let's get the challenge really off the ground.

Week 5 - Flight!

See the world in green and blue
See China right in front of you
See the canyons broken by cloud
See the tuna fleets clearing the sea out
See the Bedouin fires at night
See the oil fields at first light and
See the bird with a leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colors came out
(U2)

For the fifth week, the task is to take a flight in a plane. (50 points - less if lucid) No passports or tickets needed in a dream. tounge2

Bonus Tasks.

1. See a plane (5 pts)
  2. Take Control! Pilot a plane or helicopter. (10 pts)
  3. Fly using gadgets. Jet pack, mechanical wings etc (10 pts)

4. The final frontier! Leave the earth. Will you fly in a rocket, a spaceship, hitch a ride on a UFO (don't forget your towel and Hitchhikers guide) or even the TARDIS Rhewin (20 pts)

Just wonder if we will get werewolves or vampires in spaaaaaaaaaace. eh

Last edited by moogle on Wed 03 Oct, 2018; edited 1 time in total

#278:  Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Wed 03 Oct, 2018
    ----
Scores have now been updated. smile

DeRuyter001 wrote:
Did the pirate ship last night, so I suppose that covers the boat too.

May take me a little while to write up. I'm one behind already shutup Will do my best!

Congrats on doing the task in the current week! Let us know when it's up! ^^

Alot wrote:
October 3: ND where I ride... a roller coaster

I had the idea that a new task had been posted, and was a twist that no one was expecting, but had also been an element of Eilatan's dream. I couldn't remember what exactly the task was, and was going to check if riding a roller coaster just happened to be part of it, but realized it wasn't even Wednesday yet (at least not in the context of the next task having been posted). I guess remembering seeing a new task was a fragment, and the idea of there being a twist was because of the pirates.

Btw, I was wondering about the deadline for posting artworks, because there doesn't seem like much time to get artworks done for dreams that are posted towards the end of the week. If the intention to post an artwork is made before the next task, maybe the deadline to post the actual art work can be extended to a week or x days after the date of the dream?

lach2 If only Moogle and I had thought of having a twist task! But alas, as many of you already guessed, we are continuing on with the theme of transport.

As for the deadline of artworks, as Moogle said there are five instances of being able to claim for dream art. If a person has a dream and has already created art for it and is unable to post during the week it is, or is 100% intending to, then we appreciate heads up so that we can score it for the correct week.

Susan_Y wrote:
I've drawn dream art for this week that I haven't uploaded yet. (Sorry for the delay in getting my drawings scanned and uploaded).

Thanks for the heads up! Please remember that we are now in the last week so please get it up as soon as you can! kiekeboe

obfusc8 wrote:
A confusing bunch of fragments this morning, before a lucid dream in which I thought riding a horse was a task... and then did the new quest! (while lucid) wolf

link

Congrats on completing the Wings Quest in an LD! cheer Points are, of course, the same as if it were achieved in an ND, but it is always nice to see someone completing the Quest as it is intended.

Also, congrats on being the first person to complete it!

#279:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Wed 03 Oct, 2018
    ----
Had 1 ND here this morning. Although it didn't feature any flying planes/helicopters, I was prominently piloting a futuristic looking flying car. Does this still count?

#280:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Thu 04 Oct, 2018
    ----
Two NDs last night!
I did a nose-pinch RC in the first one and for the first time ever, it didn't work at all! whatsthat

#281:  Author: Yev PostPosted: Thu 04 Oct, 2018
    ----
October 03: Fragments only

#282:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Thu 04 Oct, 2018
    ----
Quote:
No passports or tickets needed in a dream.

And I'd already bought my plane tickets in an earlier dream! That's another precognitive dream that's come true colgate (I think The Amazing Randi would not be impressed with this demonstration of predicting the obvious).

#283:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Thu 04 Oct, 2018
    ----
Non-lucid dream in which I see Stonehenge.

Non-lucid dream in which I say no to an improper suggestion made by a film director.

#284:  Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Thu 04 Oct, 2018
    ----
Scores have been updated. wink

james_uk2008 wrote:
Had 1 ND here this morning. Although it didn't feature any flying planes/helicopters, I was prominently piloting a futuristic looking flying car. Does this still count?

Hey James, I noticed that this particular dream happened before 5 AM on the 3rd October, GMT+1, while the task wasn't posted until 2:47 PM of the same day. While it's fun that so many people are having precogs of the tasks, they unfortunately cannot be counted for points. notify

Also, flying cars do not count under our approved gadgets for flying. But please accept late task points for Week 2's "Drive a Car" task. kiekeboe

EarthlyInspired wrote:
Two NDs last night!
I did a nose-pinch RC in the first one and for the first time ever, it didn't work at all! whatsthat

lach2 Don't worry, here at the NDC, RCs count for points even if they fail at failing, (or fail to get you lucid). ding ding ding!

#285:  Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Thu 04 Oct, 2018
    ----
Also, please be aware that this challenge ends on:

Wednesday 10th October, 2018

At roughly 15.00 GMT.

You will be allowed a 48 hour grace period in order to post all dreams / art had up until that point. Please do not post any dreams had after the date.

#286:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Thu 04 Oct, 2018
    ----
Eilatan wrote:

At roughly 15.00 GMT.

#287:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Thu 04 Oct, 2018
    ----
Susan_Y wrote:
Non-lucid dream in which I am at a film festival showing Ridley Scott's Alien.

While we're having fun with precognitive dreams.... I've just visited my local cinema in waking life, and it turns out that they really are going to be running a film festival for Halloween, and they really are showing Ridley Scott's Alien. I did not know this at the time I had the dream.

#288:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Thu 04 Oct, 2018
    ----
@Susan_Y eh
Getting freaky. grin

#289:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Thu 04 Oct, 2018
    ----
just fragments again. one lucid with an rc.

#290:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Fri 05 Oct, 2018
    ----
I’ve posted a sketch of the ninja cyclops lady from my weird dream on Sept 28.

#291:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Fri 05 Oct, 2018
    ----
One dream the morning of the 4th ^^

#292:  Author: Yev PostPosted: Fri 05 Oct, 2018
    ----
October 04: 1 ND

#293:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Fri 05 Oct, 2018
    ----
Non-lucid dream in which a woman gives me some cinema tickets. Her hair style possibly resembles Julie Delpy as Seraphine in An American Werewolf in Paris, and the scene had a slight werewolf movie feel to it, but apart from that I am not in a werewolf movie. Definitely not a werewolf. Nothing to see here colgate So no werewolf points.

Non-lucid dream in which I play a strange musical instrument. I am not counting this as completing my personal task, because this strange instrument is not really Tibetan (despite the Tibetan/Nepalase/Indian by who knows how to play it).

#294:  Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Fri 05 Oct, 2018
    ----
Scores have been updated. :D

EarthlyInspired wrote:
I’ve posted a sketch of the ninja cyclops lady from my weird dream on Sept 28.

Congrats on finally getting those art points for Week 4! tumbsuplinkswitteduim

EarthlyInspired wrote:
Eilatan wrote:

At roughly 15.00 GMT.

And yes, we're sorry to have to end it, too!! cry

But it has been five weeks and we feel it only fair we give someone else a chance to lend their magic to the recall of others. kiekeboe

#295:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Fri 05 Oct, 2018
    ----
Important

When we began this challenge, we expected art to be up to a week late. We know 'life happens' and we have been very understanding.

But now we are drawing to the end of the challenge, so

• Any previously promised art needs to be uploaded before the Wednesday deadline.
  • Week 5 art has a further 48 hours grace, so needs to be submitted by Friday so Eilatan can produce the final scores.

We can't wait to see the artwork.

#296:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Fri 05 Oct, 2018
    ----
one dream last night in which i ride a future train in the underground!

i also became lucid briefly and did an rc.

#297:  Author: Yev PostPosted: Sat 06 Oct, 2018
    ----
October 05: 1 ND

#298:  Author: obfusc8 PostPosted: Sat 06 Oct, 2018
    ----
Work went into a frenzy due to external auditors coming next week, so here's one dream from the 4th then fragments and 2 dreams from this morning.

In one, I was *this close* to doing the plane task, non lucid as well... gah. I suspect 'building' is not on the list of approved flying gadgets, so no tasks while lucid either.

link

#299:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Sat 06 Oct, 2018
    ----
obfuc8, not a gadget but you left the atmosphere. Do you wish to claim bonus 4?

The final frontier! Leave the earth. Will you fly in a rocket, a spaceship, hitch a ride on a UFO (don't forget your towel and Hitchhikers guide) or even the TARDIS

#300:  Author: obfusc8 PostPosted: Sat 06 Oct, 2018
    ----
Sure, I figured bonus 4 had to be in a qualifying vehicle too but if you will count it then cool. siiw

#301:  Author: Yev PostPosted: Sun 07 Oct, 2018
    ----
October 06: 1 ND and fragments

#302:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Sun 07 Oct, 2018
    ----
One dream last night.

#303:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Sun 07 Oct, 2018
    ----
Non-lucid dream in which I see an ink drawing of a stag. (Composition resembles a print by Dürer).

Non-lucid dream in which my doll has a red checked dress. (This dream is like a childhood memory that's been scrambled up).

#304:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Sun 07 Oct, 2018
    ----
obfusc8 wrote:
Sure, I figured bonus 4 had to be in a qualifying vehicle too but if you will count it then cool. siiw

lach2 I don't think the thought that someone would pilot a building to leave the earth occurred to me.

#305:  Author: Alot PostPosted: Sun 07 Oct, 2018
    ----
October 7: 1 ND

#306:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Sun 07 Oct, 2018
    ----

#307:  Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Sun 07 Oct, 2018
    ----

Obliverum wrote:
one dream last night in which i ride a future train in the underground!

i also became lucid briefly and did an rc.

cheer Congrats on being the first person to ride a train underground!

obfusc8 wrote:
In one, I was *this close* to doing the plane task, non lucid as well... gah. I suspect 'building' is not on the list of approved flying gadgets, so no tasks while lucid either.

link

lach2 Congrats on experiencing space by using a building applaus We always love when people achieve tasks in creative ways!

I'm surprised no one has yet seen a plane in their dreams or been on one! So many of you seemed to do this before Week 5, that I would have expected some of you to have done it already.

In fact, two weeks ago Tacyhon not only dreamt of being on a plane, but dreamt he was piloting it. Talk about precog! kiekeboe

#308:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Sun 07 Oct, 2018
    ----
Eilatan wrote:
cheer Congrats on being the first person to ride a train underground!

thanks! i even did more underground (and above ground) train riding the next night, but that was just a normal stress dream about train schedules and travel.

last night i flew in space in a space ship!

#309:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Sun 07 Oct, 2018
    ----
I've uploaded my dream art for week 3 and dream art for week 5.

#310:  Author: Yev PostPosted: Mon 08 Oct, 2018
    ----
October 07: Fragments only

#311:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Mon 08 Oct, 2018
    ----
Non-lucid fragment in which I am on a train. I'll claim the points for recalling a fragment and taking a train ride. It probably wasn't a steam train, and I don't recall whether the scenery was awesome or not.

Non-lucid dream in which I ride a rollercoaster. The view from the top was awesome, but rollercoasters probably don't count as trains, even through they have carriages pulled along a track. I don't care if it didn't get me task points, the rollercoaster was fun colgate

#312:  Author: Alot PostPosted: Mon 08 Oct, 2018
    ----
October 8: 2 NDs

#313:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Mon 08 Oct, 2018
    ----
plane accomplished! my dreams of sleeping different places finally brought me to sleeping on a plane. though still no one has reported seeing a plane, and i didnt even see the plane i was in as my eyes were closed!

the plane dream was one of two dreams last night.

#314:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Mon 08 Oct, 2018
    ----
Sorry for being MIA the last few days. I had one ND the night before last, and one ND/LD last night where I did an RC. I will update my DJ soon hopefully.

Happy Thanksgiving to anyone else in Canada!

#315:  Author: Yev PostPosted: Tue 09 Oct, 2018
    ----
October 08: Fragments only

#316:  Author: Alot PostPosted: Tue 09 Oct, 2018
    ----
October 9: 1 ND, with a scene from Top view apparently flying, but no memory of how I got there

#317:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Tue 09 Oct, 2018
    ----
Non-lucid dream in which I help put up a tent, and I see a bicycle. Any points for seeing the bicycle late?

Non-lucid dream in which I have a meal in a bar with a group of other people.

Last edited by Susan_Y on Tue 09 Oct, 2018; edited 1 time in total

#318:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Tue 09 Oct, 2018
    ----
Any points for seeing tbe bicycle late?

Yes, the full 5 points if it is the first time you are claiming that bonus. smile

#319:  Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Tue 09 Oct, 2018
    ----

Obliverum wrote:
last night i flew in space in a space ship!

boogie Congrats on the space travel! universe

Susan_Y wrote:
I've uploaded my dream art for week 3 and dream art for week 5.

Counted! writing Thanks for getting these in in time!

Susan_Y wrote:
Non-lucid fragment in which I am on a train. I'll claim the points for recalling a fragment and taking a train ride.

Congrats on getting the train task done, Tggtt would be proud! applaus

Susan_Y wrote:
Non-lucid dream in which I help put up a tent, and I see a bicycle. Any points for seeing the bicycle late?

Congrats on finally seeing a bike! Counted! smile

Obliverum wrote:
plane accomplished! my dreams of sleeping different places finally brought me to sleeping on a plane. though still no one has reported seeing a plane, and i didnt even see the plane i was in as my eyes were closed!

the plane dream was one of two dreams last night.

cheer Congrats on the plane dream. Too bad dreaming you didn't get lucid from the uncomfortable turbulence! tryfly

EarthlyInspired wrote:
Sorry for being MIA the last few days. I had one ND the night before last, and one ND/LD last night where I did an RC. I will update my DJ soon hopefully.

Thanks for letting us know! Please be sure to write them up before the 48 hours deadline is up, otherwise we won't be able to count them. ^^

#320:  Author: DeRuyter001 PostPosted: Tue 09 Oct, 2018
    ----
I've been away the last few days and, gosh, I've got some catching up to do!

I flew in a spaceship this Saturday; it was very similar to the TARDIS dream I mentioned before. I'll write up the one from Saturday and forget about the earlier one, points-wise.

#321:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Tue 09 Oct, 2018
    ----
I've uploaded my dream art from week 1.

Sorry for the delay (procrastination) in getting this one uploaded.

#322:  Author: Alot PostPosted: Wed 10 Oct, 2018
    ----
October 10: 1 ND, probably my last entry for this challenge wink

Last edited by Alot on Wed 10 Oct, 2018; edited 1 time in total

#323:  Author: james_uk2008 PostPosted: Wed 10 Oct, 2018
    ----

#324:  Author: Yev PostPosted: Wed 10 Oct, 2018
    ----
October 09: Fragments only

#325:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Wed 10 Oct, 2018
    ----
Non-lucid dream with some gratuitous nudity.

Non-lucid dream in which I am in a spaceship in orbit around an exploded star, and make a colour drawing of it in watercolour pencil during the dream. I claim the points for "leave the Earth".

#326:  Author: obfusc8 PostPosted: Wed 10 Oct, 2018
    ----
A bit behind... a dream and some fragments from the 7th.

Attempted my personal goal, haven't written that one up yet. It's probably the only other dream worth writing up.

#327:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Wed 10 Oct, 2018
    ----
A little later than Eilatan said

NDC 13 is now OVER.

Only dreams from Tuesday night will be counted. There will be a 48 hour grace period to get dreams and any artwork from week 5 posted onto the forum.

It's been fun. I hope you enjoyed it as much as Eilatan and I.

#328:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Wed 10 Oct, 2018
    ----
thank you moogle and Eilatan for hosting! i had great fun on my first ncd.

just in time, last night i finally dreamed of riding a bike! i also had a second nd where i rode a bus. hmm, if only there were a week 6...

and one lucid fragment to top it all off. i tried to do an rc but my body was frozen... not sure if that counts as a successfully failed rc or not since i was intending to do a nose pinch, but it did make me certain i was asleep.

thats my final points report for this challenge!

edit: i just saw that it is moogles birthday today! happy birthday! you have the same birthday as my mystery dream cousin... in the bus dream i was going to a birthday party grin

#329:  Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Thu 11 Oct, 2018
    ----
DeRuyter001 wrote:
I've been away the last few days and, gosh, I've got some catching up to do!

I flew in a spaceship this Saturday; it was very similar to the TARDIS dream I mentioned before. I'll write up the one from Saturday and forget about the earlier one, points-wise.

Please be aware that you only have 24 hours (until Friday 15.00 GMT) to post these dreams, at which point the NDC will be closed and scores will be announced. kiekeboe

Susan_Y wrote:
Non-lucid dream in which I am in a spaceship in orbit around an exploded star, and make a colour drawing of it in watercolour pencil during the dream. I claim the points for "leave the Earth".

Awesome! Congrats on going to space! boogie

I agree with Siiw that it would be nice to see this one drawn up. siiw

obfusc8 wrote:
Attempted my personal goal, haven't written that one up yet. It's probably the only other dream worth writing up.

We would definitely love to read it! So please be sure to post within the next 24 hours (by Friday 15.00 GMT). writing

Obliverum wrote:
just in time, last night i finally dreamed of riding a bike!

lach2 Congrats on finally getting Week 1's task done!! hurray This always happens to one person.

#330:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Fri 12 Oct, 2018
    ----
Thank you Eilatan and Moogle for doing such a fantastic job, I enjoyed this challenge sooo much 😁

Here are my dreams for the 8th and 9th.

#331:  Author: obfusc8 PostPosted: Fri 12 Oct, 2018
    ----
Last entry for the comp, attempt at my personal goal. Didn't achieve what I wanted, but getting closer. DJ entry

Many thanks to Moogle & Eilatan for hosting. slide

#332:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Fri 12 Oct, 2018
    ----
Obliverum wrote:
thank you moogle and Eilatan for hosting! i had great fun on my first ncd.

edit: i just saw that it is moogles birthday today! happy birthday! you have the same birthday as my mystery dream cousin... in the bus dream i was going to a birthday party grin

Thank you Obliverum ^^

#333:  Author: DeRuyter001 PostPosted: Fri 12 Oct, 2018
    ----
Just got in there with some writeups.

They are not as full as usual for my own style of diary, but I'll add those when I get the chance.

EDIT: And thanks to the hosts! They were very clear but very entertaining tasks. Happy birthday moogle! I hope it was a fantastic day.

#334:  Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Fri 12 Oct, 2018
    ----
----------
blon NDC 13 IS NOW OVER blon

And the winner is:

EVERYONE!

Congratulations everyone! You did it! You made it here, to the end of the 13th Normal Dreaming Challenge. What an amazing five weeks it has been!

Did you know that (with the exception of a participant dropping out early due to RL), every single one of you managed to gain points this challenge? rechterduim omhoog met knipoog

In fact, during this challenge 249 dreams were recorded! That doesn't include the 82 days that fragments were recorded!

And amongst all this dreaming, 60 tasks were completed! boogie

Wow! You are all so amazing! Give yourselves a hand for being such wonderful participants! applaus

To us, you are all winners and we are so proud of all of you! hurray

"But wait, Eilatan," I hear you say, "Who got the most points?"

Okay, okay, I see you are bored by my moment, but how can I properly express how amazing this NDC has been? Moogle and I set out to create some fun, but we could never anticipate how much you all would enjoy it. We definitely never anticipated so many precogs of the tasks! kiekeboe But this just make things all the more fun! (Or is that "funny"? lach2 )

But now I really am just delaying, so without further ado:

Jump in your transport and let's head over to the scores!

----------- Rhewin ----------- ----------- -----------

Final Scores
  1. EarthlyInspired ------ 822
  2. Susan_Y ----------- 720
  3. Obfusc8 ------------- 625
  4. Obliverum ----------- 429
  5. Alot ------------------ 375
  6. James_UK ----------- 320
  7. Yev ------------------- 300
  8. DeRuyter ------------ 220
  9. Tachyon ------------- 120
  10. Majah ---------------- 90
  11. Letaali --------------- 60
  12. Koal ------------------ 25
  13. LucidWilliam -------- 10

Congratulations EarthlyInspired, the winner of NDC 13! party3

As per NDC tradition, EarthlyInspired can choose to host NDC14 or pass it on to Susan_Y and so on and so forth.

Moogle and I would like to say a huge thanks to all of you for participating. This has been a great NDC and we hope to see you again in future adventures!

#335:  Author: Majah PostPosted: Fri 12 Oct, 2018
    ----
Well done EarthlyInspired! applaus And Susan_Y and Obfusc8 !

#336:  Author: DeRuyter001 PostPosted: Fri 12 Oct, 2018
    ----
Wow, congratulations everyone! There were so many impressive dreams along the way, reading them was like being subscribed to a short story anthology. And I think everyone completed at least one task in a totally unexpected way. I hope we'll all get together again for the LC, too!

#337:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Sun 14 Oct, 2018
    ----
Yayy, congratulations everyone!! I had so much fun in my first ever NDC challenge. These challenges are such a great way to help improve fundamental dream skills such as recall, and therefore help in our quests for lucid dreams as well. And I love the community feel of being part of such an awesome group of dreamers!

I would be honoured to host the next NDC. However, I do have one concern. Currently, real life has become unusually hectic and has been keeping me very busy. I expect to be back into routine by next month though, and would be happy to host then. If the NDC is expected to run sooner, then I would like to offer the opportunity to Susan_Y, provided she is interested. I would not be able to give adequate attention to the challenge in the near future, and I don’t want to provide anything less than the awesome coordination that Eilatan and Moogle have shown for this challenge.

So I guess my question is: When is the next NDC expected to take place?

#338:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Sun 14 Oct, 2018
    ----
EarthlyInspired, NDC usually runs on average twice a year (and sometimes once). It pays to plan the tasks and scoring before beginning the sign up topic. So relax and just keep us informed in this topic. grin

I really enjoyed NDC13 .... though a tad disappointed that we didn't get a werewolf in space dream. lach2

#339: Congratulations to the winner and the hosts Author: Tggtt PostPosted: Sun 14 Oct, 2018
    ----
Dear all,

I am just back to congratulate the winner and the hosts.

We just had a winner reaching over 800 points while the top three are all above 500.

It's the second NDC from the same hosts. They were the first to initiate the cohosting in NDC. This new NDC shows their experience and how cohosting can work well.

This is officially the most active NDC in history of LD4all.
No other NDC has ever reached 20 pages.
There were 13 participants who had more than zero points, which is also historical.

Congratulations to everyone who participated as well.
This would not reach its results without you.

Thank you.

#340:  Author: tachyon PostPosted: Sun 14 Oct, 2018
    ----
Congratulations to EarthlyInspired, Susan_Y, Obfusc8 and everyone else, and big thanks to Eilatan and moogle for their effort! My apologies that I seemed to have vanished around week 3, the start of my semester was extremely busy but luckily it's better now.

#341:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Mon 15 Oct, 2018
    ----
EarthlyInspired wrote:
Obliverum wrote:

EarthlyInspired wrote:

Thanks! She's a rare beauty this one, complete with moss on the handlebars and everything. lach1
I greased up all the chains and bought a little tire pump for it on the weekend. The tires have held air ridiculously well considering they look like that are slowly deteriorating.
I took Incubation Bike out on her maiden voyage that day. I would make it about ten feet before the chain would jump off the gears and jam into the contraption at the back tire haha. I kept putting it back on but the gear shifters don't work (can't figure out why other than age haha) and the chain seems a bit too long. I fiddled around with things and found a nice calibration where if the chain stays on the smallest gear, it wont jump off. It was great! My dog and I went for a couple km, and it sailed like a dream.

Hope we get to see a photo of the famous bike grin

By the way everyone, even though NDC is over, feel free to post late tasks in here for fun. smile

#342:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Tue 16 Oct, 2018
    ----

Tada!! Here she is grin

Meet Miss Daisy

#343:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Tue 16 Oct, 2018
    ----
And yes, I would love to host then smile

#344:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Wed 17 Oct, 2018
    ----
As usual, a task showed up in a dream shortly after the challenge had ended: I ride an underground train in this non-lucid dream

For readers who don't know the UK rail network: given that the building across the street from the underground station looks like St. Pancras, the underground station is presumably King's Cross, despite the street sign of the entirely fictional Acadia Street in the dream.

And for readers who don't know the UK rail network but have read the Harry Potter books, this would imply that Kings Cross platform 9 3/4 is just behind me.

#345:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Wed 17 Oct, 2018
    ----
So, next dream Hogwarts! draait

Had model ship and car travel last night - hope I go on to get the space dream. Rhewin

#346:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Wed 17 Oct, 2018
    ----
EarthlyInspired wrote:
Meet Miss Daisy

this was one of the most exciting parts of the challenge to me! thanks for sharing a picture ^^

wow, a historic NDC! glad to be a part of it.

#347:  Author: DeRuyter001 PostPosted: Wed 17 Oct, 2018
    ----
I will come and pick you up in my Rhewin next time, moogle!

Lancashire, raised Catholic...Preston, maybe? I think it can get there. Remember, lots of planets have a North!

#348:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Fri 19 Oct, 2018
    ----
Obliverum wrote:
EarthlyInspired wrote:
Meet Miss Daisy

this was one of the most exciting parts of the challenge to me! thanks for sharing a picture ^^

wow, a historic NDC! glad to be a part of it.

So glad to hear that Obliverum, thank you! I agree, it was a highlight for me too. What are the chances, you know...

Daisy and I still go on regular trips together, and she always gets an RC when we go out haha.

Amazing to hear that this Challenge has broken so many records! Yayyy!

#349: Re: Congratulations to the winner and the hosts Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Mon 22 Oct, 2018
    ----
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to drop back by and say thank you all for the positive responses. It really has been an honour co-hosting this NDC. ^^

I just wanted to highlight Tggtt's sentiment that this NDC would not have had such great results if not for all of you participants. Over half of our sign-ups actively participated (made more than one post a week), and it was really amazing seeing everyone encouraging each others' dreams. I hope you all keep up the practice of commenting on each others' DJs!

I also would like to acknowledge that much of the success of this NDC was thanks to the pre-planning. Due to an absurd miscalculation on my part, it wasn't until late March that we realised Moogle and I should be running this. notify Due to some further calculations of hiccups and events, we decided to spend July planning things.

Planning for us mostly involved throwing around ideas for what tasks we thought would be best. We know the NDC draws a crowd that wants to improve recall and/or incubation, so we decided to stick with a simple theme that would allow participants to concentrate on having fun. We then modelled the scoring around this idea; points for us were only a means by which to further encourage everyone to achieve their goals.

Then, knowing both having set deadlines and easy to follow score-sheets work best for these challenges, we picked a time that worked well for both of us and created the score-sheet by using past Challenge score-sheets as examples. Since this is the NDC and all dreams are usually read to double check for task success, we ended up coming to the conclusion that scoring at least once every 48 hours was best. This also kept with past Challenge results that active Hosts generate active participants. kiekeboe

In any case, I wanted to be completely transparent on the process behind running one of these challenges. Our planning ensured things ran smoothly, and having a co-host went a long way in making things easier. But all our planning and activity would be nothing if not for all of you.

The Normal Dreaming Challenge is here to serve as a motivator for good dreaming practice, to create an atmosphere of friendly competition and cooperation, to create a challenge for dreamers of all levels and to provide fun to all participants. I am so very glad that everyone was able to experience these things while participating, and hope to see you all again in future challenges.

So again, thank you for making our NDC a success. You're all amazing!

#350:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Tue 23 Oct, 2018
    ----
thanks for posting about the process behind the challenge! it is interesting to hear the thinking and planning that went on, and i appreciate the effort that went into it. cheer

#351:  Author: Susan_Y PostPosted: Fri 02 Nov, 2018
    ----
I made a pencil sketch of the dress I wore in a dream in week 4 of the NDC.

(It's way, way too late for points now of course! But just in case anyone wants to see what that dream looked like).

#352:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Fri 02 Nov, 2018
    ----
Eilatan may give you a cookie for it. cookiemonster

#353:  Author: Eilatan PostPosted: Mon 05 Nov, 2018
    ----
moogle wrote:
Eilatan may give you a cookie for it. cookiemonster

That I can do.

*Eilatan gives Susan_Y cookie for her drawing

I'm glad to see you're still drawing up your dreams. ^^

LD4all » the Stuff Dreams are made of...

Page 1 of 1
printed from the LD4all.com lucid dreaming forum. Content copyrighted by the author.
Lucid dreamers unite! visit LD4all.com