Scribes needed :) Apply within.
LD4all » LD4all news and announcements

#1: Scribes needed :) Apply within. Author: Qu PostPosted: Fri 24 Sep, 2004
    ----
Hi everybody,

The forum has grown and grown. A lot of useful information resides within it but can be hard to find sometimes.

Here the LD4all knowledge base comes in. The purpose is to collect useful information, compiled in tutorials, FAQ's and articles. By LD4all members, for LD4all members.

There the scribes come in.

They have the task of compiling FAQ's and tutorials from the amazing amount of information we already have around.

The Scribes have their own private forum where they can discuss their projects (who does what, etc.).

On the tutorial forum they also have posting/deleting/editing rights - where all other users are only be able to read.

If you would like to participate in this, please sign in by replying to this post.

If you want to know more about being a scribe on LD4all read this guide

Applying

While I appreciate everyones enthousiasm and efforts to be a scribe, since this is all on voluntary basis, after all smile Not everyone is automatically added to the group. (To prevent the scribes group from becoming just a "gimmick" to have an extra icon below your name)

Everyone who wants to join is therefore considered by the Head Scribe (me, for now ). If you apply, please state the reason why you want to join, and if you already have an idea on a tutorial you want to make. (and if you have, what you would want to make)

Apply if you:
  • Love going through old post and collect useful material
  • Like writing
  • can work together well with other scribes
  • Have been a member for some time
  • Have made at least 50 useful posts

exceptions to these points can be made at the discretion of the head librarian.

If you already have written a very good tutorial/post/article about something it's also possible to have that moved into the knowledge base. If you post something good in the forum, it can be moved. So don't apply with finished articles wink

Thank you!

Last edited by Qu on Sat 19 Sep, 2009; edited 12 times in total

#2:  Author: r3m0t PostPosted: Fri 24 Sep, 2004
    ----
Does that mean I have to change my signature? (Edit: Turned it off for this post!)

Only joking. Seriously though, I'de like to apply.

Will they be general documents or sort of summaries quoting original posts?

Last edited by r3m0t on Sat 25 Sep, 2004; edited 1 time in total

#3:  Author: Qu PostPosted: Fri 24 Sep, 2004
    ----
great r3m0t thumbs

the way i see it it is mostly a compilation of useful posts and replies into one topic. For example a BIG WILD FAQ and a big WILD tutorial compiled from all the BIG WILD topics, etc.

the work is in scanning and reading all posts and exerpting the useful bits and then compiling them into something easily readable.

#4:  Author: JaRoD PostPosted: Fri 24 Sep, 2004
    ----
I could join, but I don't really know it I have enough time at the moment since I have lots of stuff in school sadblauw But if you can't find enough people, I could join ^^

#5:  Author: Qu PostPosted: Fri 24 Sep, 2004
    ----
hi Jarod, OK, I'll keep you on the backup list then wink5 If you have spare time on your hands and feel like joining, drop me a PM and i put you into the librarians group ^^

#6:  Author: Techboy PostPosted: Fri 24 Sep, 2004
    ----
I'll join if ya want.

#7:  Author: Qu PostPosted: Fri 24 Sep, 2004
    ----
it is not a matter of me wanting you to join, but of *you* wanting to join - and having the time to compile the tutorials etc smile

so if that is the case you are very welcome smile

#8:  Author: Techboy PostPosted: Fri 24 Sep, 2004
    ----
Oh ya, I'd like to, and I have plenty of time on my hands :D

#9:  Author: stargazer PostPosted: Fri 24 Sep, 2004
    ----
Hmmm... I know a lot about some things and very little on other things... if that makes sense to any of you ^^ could I qualify? neutral

#10:  Author: r3m0t PostPosted: Sat 25 Sep, 2004
    ----
(Everybody: If you want to find out who is a librarian, go to "Usergroups" at the top, find "Librarians" on one of the drop-downs, press "View Information", and read the list).

Whoo whoo new title for me! I is da well 1337! lachgroen No, only joking.

Edit: Now you can also click on the "Librarians" link on the left side of any librarian's post. smile

Last edited by r3m0t on Sun 26 Sep, 2004; edited 1 time in total

#11:  Author: Qu PostPosted: Sat 25 Sep, 2004
    ----
hi stargazer smile

Well if you have a lot of spare times on your hands and you like going through old topics and like compiling and collecting the most useful posts - and order those into a readable topic, then yes, you qualify :D

#12:  Author: r3m0t PostPosted: Sat 25 Sep, 2004
    ----
Be a librarian!

I've just been "at it" for about 10 hours and it's been great fun.

#13:  Author: Dm7 PostPosted: Sun 26 Sep, 2004
    ----
Wow I would love to be a librarian, but unforunately I'm back at school right now...

but however.. good luck with that idea! :D

#14:  Author: r3m0t PostPosted: Sun 26 Sep, 2004
    ----
I'm at school and no problems here! tounge2

#15:  Author: Ahmad PostPosted: Sun 26 Sep, 2004
    ----
Hello r3m0t, i want to be part of the librarian list. I've been thinking on writing a tutorial on how to use "the high pitch sound" to induce OBEs.

Or atleast if i can't be a librarian then maybe i could still write up the tutorial.

#16:  Author: BioHazard PostPosted: Sun 26 Sep, 2004
    ----
I would love to help you with this,I go through old topics anyways so why not make an FAQ on them ^^

#17:  Author: Neo PostPosted: Sun 26 Sep, 2004
    ----
Ugh, I wish I could join too, but I doubt I'd have the time... aside from weekends. Erm... can you like half sign me up? Heh...

#18:  Author: Qu PostPosted: Sun 26 Sep, 2004
    ----
ahmad: for writing your own tutorial it isn't necessary to be a librarian. Everybody is welcome to write tutorials smile

the reason i brought the librarians in is to collect already posted information and make tutorials/faq's etc. out of that.

so for now i didnt add you to the librarians.

biohazard, you have been added to the librarians smile

neo: i can sign you up and you can work at your projects when you have time. Sounds OK to you? smile

#19:  Author: stargazer PostPosted: Sun 26 Sep, 2004
    ----
Lol, i have too much free time, I'd like to join then =D

#20:  Author: Qu PostPosted: Sun 26 Sep, 2004
    ----
OK stargazer! :D

#21:  Author: OpheliaBlue PostPosted: Sun 26 Sep, 2004
    ----
pasQuale,

Well, I know I'm super new around here, but I'm a HUGE dream journal buff. I'm all about da dream journal. And I've been doing some research about them for a tutorial I was already writing anyway, but I'd love the opportunity to explore this site and dig for info on said topic and compile it into a nice big tutorial but I wouldn't use run on sentences like I'm doing right nooooow. grin

Anyway, just reply or PM me if you wanna talk more about this, or get to know me better or whatever. I'd really love to help you out here, ESPECIALLY after what you and Jeffers did for us marooned DV members.

xoxoxoxoxoxo,
opheliers

[edit]oops I are too sloooooooow[/edit]

#22:  Author: Neo PostPosted: Sun 26 Sep, 2004
    ----
pasQuale wrote:

neo: i can sign you up and you can work at your projects when you have time. Sounds OK to you? smile

Hmm... You drive a hard bargin, but I'll take it! ^^ Thanks.

EDIT: Could you make replying allowed in the Library section, so people can apply for projects? Seems much more organized, I'm not sure where I apply for a job now, so I guess I'll do it here. I'd be willing do miscellaneous ILDs guide, possibly with another Librarian?

EDIT2: Is there a private Library section yet? Because is would be very usefull to talk to other Lirbrarians and see which ILDs deserve their own guide and which fit into mILDs (the m stands for cool! And miscellaneous, but mostly cool.)

EDIT3: Notice how I just keep adding edits instead of adding a new post, which would add to my posts. Hm? Now thats responsibility for ya.

#23:  Author: Qu PostPosted: Sun 26 Sep, 2004
    ----
OpheliaBlue: sounds great! I've added you to the librarians group so you can work in peace and quiet on the dream diary project smile Thanks, i appreciate it smile

Allrighty Neo, welcome to the librarians club, and yes, there is a separate librarians forum for the librarians - you'll notice it now you are a librarian.

#24:  Author: TimeLess PostPosted: Mon 27 Sep, 2004
    ----
This is a gr8 idea Q, i was wondering when it was going to be introduced tounge2 this site is so huge there must be thousands of pages you can use :D i would offer to join up but my time is limited and i am on dail up which makes it a pain lol. But good Luck :D

#25:  Author: Isgaroth PostPosted: Tue 28 Sep, 2004
    ----
i would like these librarians to make a file for me, a huge database of all the methods there are of inducing a lucid dream, and explainations of how to do them

#26:  Author: Techboy PostPosted: Tue 28 Sep, 2004
    ----
o_O

Well, eventually you might get it.
We have a misc. ILDs guide and we have a WILD and MILD one too. And recall, and dream journals. I think it tells you in the library.

#27:  Author: Sureal PostPosted: Tue 28 Sep, 2004
    ----
You do realise more people will join then will actually contribute to this? It may seem like a good idea to them at the time, but they'll end up getting bored...

None the less, I'd like to join (and I'd stay with it wink5). I wrote a brief tutorial to introduce people to LD'ing. When I posted them up on other forums, I got a great response (many actually had one or two LD's after reading it and trying out the techs).

I'm a good writer, have a fair amount of experince and know alot (as in alot) about LD'ing...

#28:  Author: Seeker PostPosted: Tue 28 Sep, 2004
    ----
Neat idea Q!

Will you be mad if I copy it when DV gets back up and running? We've got so much stuff just lying around gathering dust and cobwebs. Sounds like an innovative way to recover all that lost knowledge.

#29:  Author: Qu PostPosted: Wed 29 Sep, 2004
    ----
sureal: welcome to the librarians smile

seeker: sure, no prob smile Would be cool to see what hidden knowledge is around on DV smile Maybe we could exchange tutorials smile

#30:  Author: Seeker PostPosted: Wed 29 Sep, 2004
    ----
pasQuale wrote:
sure, no prob smile Would be cool to see what hidden knowledge is around on DV smile Maybe we could exchange tutorials smile

or at least ideas for games and muffin recipes!

#31:  Author: TimeLess PostPosted: Sun 03 Oct, 2004
    ----
lol nice

#32:  Author: fear PostPosted: Sun 03 Oct, 2004
    ----
mmm muffins ^^ i want the libarians to make muffins! neutral o sorry grin

#33:  Author: Techboy PostPosted: Sun 03 Oct, 2004
    ----
*hands a muffin*

NO! THE WILD TOPIC WILL BE FOREVER DELAYED!!11!

#34:  Author: Mystery00 PostPosted: Tue 05 Oct, 2004
    ----
I'm avaluable at the moment smile

So I offer my help smile

Mystery

#35:  Author: Qu PostPosted: Tue 05 Oct, 2004
    ----
great mystery! you're lucky i'm just in when you posted this so you are now a librarian ^^

#36:  Author: Techboy PostPosted: Tue 19 Oct, 2004
    ----
*gasp*

nobody else to help me with WILDs!?!

tounge2

#37:  Author: Pedro PostPosted: Sun 07 Nov, 2004
    ----
I would like to become a Librarian! I have extensive knowledge of the threads on the forum and try to read as much articles as I can, I'm sure I could be of use.

#38:  Author: r3m0t PostPosted: Sun 07 Nov, 2004
    ----
Hehe.

#39:  Author: Pedro PostPosted: Sun 07 Nov, 2004
    ----
r3m0t wrote:
Hehe.

Indeed my good Sir.

#40:  Author: r3m0t PostPosted: Mon 15 Nov, 2004
    ----
Hey, Pedro still isn't Librarian... why?

#41:  Author: VisionDreamz PostPosted: Tue 16 Nov, 2004
    ----
I PMed Q about the matter. No response as of yet.

#42:  Author: DreamAddict PostPosted: Tue 16 Nov, 2004
    ----
I bet she has been a bit too busy to notice wink
She'll hop on it as soon as she sees. colgate

#43:  Author: Qu PostPosted: Tue 16 Nov, 2004
    ----
i' havent seen your PM visiondreamz whatsthat

anyhow, i haven't seen pedro around after his come back - Pedro, i'm waiting for you to become a little more active before adding you to the librarians.

#44:  Author: VisionDreamz PostPosted: Wed 17 Nov, 2004
    ----
Ah, my bad PasQuale. It seems my message never actually went through. I speculate this as I see no copy of the message in my sent box. I do remember writing the message, but it matters not to this purpose as you have become aware by other means. bounce

#45:  Author: Lucidity_Master PostPosted: Thu 18 Nov, 2004
    ----
yes, i would like to be a librarian, but I haven't been that active either.

#46:  Author: TheSkaEffect PostPosted: Mon 13 Dec, 2004
    ----
Id like to be a librarian, i havent posted for a while but now that im back id love to.

#47:  Author: Lucidity_Master PostPosted: Tue 14 Dec, 2004
    ----
In my opinion I am ready to be a librarian. I am much more active now and Christmas break is fast approaching.

#48:  Author: Qu PostPosted: Tue 14 Dec, 2004
    ----
I'll get back to you, thanks for applying! I haven't gotten round to adding you to the library yet but you are very welcome, spice things up a bit smile - Lucidity_Master, and TheSkaEffect you are now librarians ^^

#49:  Author: philthemn PostPosted: Tue 21 Dec, 2004
    ----
can I be a librarian??

#50:  Author: r3m0t PostPosted: Fri 24 Dec, 2004
    ----
(philthemn was added as a librarian, if you didn't notice.)

Incidentally, we're now hoping for a head librarian to be... head. This is decided by vote. If the idea of getting some authority appeals to you, you can try and become a librarian now and post some motivational and encouraging propaganda to get a few votes. smile

#51:  Author: lone wolf PostPosted: Fri 24 Dec, 2004
    ----
hey I've been gone for a while but i have the feeling i will be pretty active again. I would like to apply for the job of librarian please. thank you if you can get me the job. smile

#52:  Author: Qu PostPosted: Fri 24 Dec, 2004
    ----
welcome to the librarians lone wolf! :D

#53:  Author: r3m0t PostPosted: Sat 25 Dec, 2004
    ----
Incidentally, the head librarian thing is taking longer than expected, because more than one candidate has popped up. If you want to be a candidate, you should join and post before the new year (roughly). If you want to vote, you could also join after... probably.

#54:  Author: Technodreamer PostPosted: Sat 25 Dec, 2004
    ----
You should join if you want to make a contribution to the projects.

I wouldn't recommened joining if you only plan to be head librarian, or just want to vote, because at the end of the day, the projects are more important.

#55:  Author: r3m0t PostPosted: Sat 25 Dec, 2004
    ----
Shh! It was a trap! wink5

#56: re: librarians Author: nick PostPosted: Mon 27 Dec, 2004
    ----
I'd like to whwn I learn how to use this site! regards, nick

#57:  Author: r3m0t PostPosted: Tue 28 Dec, 2004
    ----
nick, I think Q will probably wait until you become a bit more active. Come back then. smile

#58:  Author: Technodreamer PostPosted: Tue 28 Dec, 2004
    ----
Quote:
I'd like to when I learn how to use this site!

r3m0t: Can you not read? He admits that he hasn't fully learnt how to use the site.

Certainly, remember to come back. We are happy to have you as a librarian smile

#59:  Author: r3m0t PostPosted: Tue 28 Dec, 2004
    ----
Yes, I did read that, but... whatever.

The more librarians the better! (Assuming we're doing stuff.)

#60:  Author: Enamored_Spirit PostPosted: Thu 06 Jan, 2005
    ----
I haven't been real active latley since I currently do not have internet at my house, and I've been a bit busy, but I'd like to join. I can't promise I'll ever be able to do anything tounge2, but I'd like to be a member incase I get the oppurtunity.

#61:  Author: r3m0t PostPosted: Sat 08 Jan, 2005
    ----
The poll for head librarian was closed and now me and Technodreamer will be joined head librarians. Details yet to be determined but they are certainly of no interest to most people.

Last edited by r3m0t on Sat 08 Jan, 2005; edited 2 times in total

#62:  Author: DreamAddict PostPosted: Sat 08 Jan, 2005
    ----
r3m0t wrote:
The poll for head librarian was closed and now me and Technodreamer will be join head librarians. Details yet to be determined but they are certainly of no interest to you.

overspannen has the power already gone to your head? I don't understand your reply, but it sure seems rude! neutral

#63:  Author: r3m0t PostPosted: Sat 08 Jan, 2005
    ----
lolrood lolrood I'm talking about the technical stuff (who's group moderator, etc).

And yes, I'm 8D about it. And I wasn't replying to anybody in particular.

#64:  Author: Technodreamer PostPosted: Sat 08 Jan, 2005
    ----
r3m0t wrote:
The poll for head librarian was closed and now me and Technodreamer will be joined head librarians. Details yet to be determined but they are certainly of no interest to most people.

And the point of posting it here was?

Anyway, if you are active at ld4all and know about lucid dreaming, feel free to sign up.

#65:  Author: r3m0t PostPosted: Sat 08 Jan, 2005
    ----
So that people know, of course. wink5

Oh, and note that applications to be a librarian are now going to Technodreamer, not pasQuale.

#66:  Author: Guru PostPosted: Tue 11 Jan, 2005
    ----
I'd like to join the librarians, i know i have practically no posts, but i'm an ber lurker! Also, i can write ok when i put my mind to it. But mainly i want to contribute to the forum, as this is the best forum community i've had the luck to come across. (We don't even need a flame forum, as everyone is so kind. (seriously, go to a hacker forum, or somthing, everyone hates each other))

#67:  Author: sulfurcowner PostPosted: Tue 11 Jan, 2005
    ----
you could definatly put me on the backup list if you ever need me... ^^

#68:  Author: Miklos PostPosted: Tue 11 Jan, 2005
    ----
I would like to be a librarian- I already have an idea for a contribution to the library and could begin work right away.

#69:  Author: Guru PostPosted: Tue 11 Jan, 2005
    ----
Oh yeah, me too
Quote:
I already have an idea for a contribution to the library and could begin work right away.

#70:  Author: r3m0t PostPosted: Tue 11 Jan, 2005
    ----
You're not letting out your secret plans, are you?

Technodreamer is head of recruitment, but I'm sure you'll be let in. kiekeboe

#71:  Author: Guru PostPosted: Tue 11 Jan, 2005
    ----
Muhahahahahah... i have a secret agenda for teh library........

And noone finds out what it is....

Unless they beg.

#72:  Author: Technodreamer PostPosted: Tue 11 Jan, 2005
    ----
mattp4gg, welcome aboard!

Miklos and sulfurcowner, I am delighted that you would both like to become librarians, however, I notice that you aren't very active, or that you don't have too many posts. I will happily add you when your forum activity increases smile We look forwards to having you as a librarian! ^^

#73:  Author: sulfurcowner PostPosted: Tue 11 Jan, 2005
    ----
like i had said before, i am more than happy to be on the waiting list ^^ i will increase my activity as i go on...

#74:  Author: Miklos PostPosted: Wed 12 Jan, 2005
    ----
Okay, just let me know when I meet the requirements

#75:  Author: Guru PostPosted: Wed 12 Jan, 2005
    ----
w00t! Im a librarian! Me work now..

#76:  Author: fflarex PostPosted: Fri 14 Jan, 2005
    ----
Alright, so hypothetically... if I joined now, what kind of work needs to be done that hasn't been or isn't being worked on by someone else? Also, I *think* I may want to be a librarian but my schedule's pretty tight so anything I do might take a while to finish.

#77:  Author: r3m0t PostPosted: Sat 15 Jan, 2005
    ----
fflarex wrote:
Alright, so hypothetically... if I joined now, what kind of work needs to be done that hasn't been or isn't being worked on by someone else?

I wouldn't like to give all the details about the projects in here, but I can say that:

• You will be able to start your own project if it isn't on this list
  • You will be able to take over somebody else's project if they give permission (which is likely because there hasn't been much going on recently)
  • You can provide feedback to other librarians about their projects so far
  • You will be able to help us develop ideas for the library

All of which are very useful. grin

Edit: There is now a full project status list available for the public eye. It is here.

fflarex wrote:
Also, I *think* I may want to be a librarian but my schedule's pretty tight so anything I do might take a while to finish.

We get that a lot! ^^ Whatever you do is fine.

So, would you like to join?

Last edited by r3m0t on Sat 15 Jan, 2005; edited 2 times in total

#78:  Author: Technodreamer PostPosted: Sat 15 Jan, 2005
    ----
If you want to be a librarian just PM me or post here and I'll make you one smile

#79:  Author: DreamAddict PostPosted: Sat 15 Jan, 2005
    ----
r3m0t, mind your t's and p's lach1
http://ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=10250
http://ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10250
lach2

#80:  Author: r3m0t PostPosted: Sat 15 Jan, 2005
    ----
Can't imagine how the p got there. Fixed.

#81:  Author: fflarex PostPosted: Mon 17 Jan, 2005
    ----
Actually I don't think I'd be a good librarian. I'd really like to, but when I think about my schedule, my work as a librarian wouldn't just take a long time, it would probably never get finished. My schedule just got unexpectedly busier (yes, more so than before) and in my very rare free time I'd rather be doing something else than this. Sorry.

#82:  Author: stargirl PostPosted: Mon 17 Jan, 2005
    ----
could be fun...but being a junior is hard! can i be a temporary librarian during summer? tounge2

#83:  Author: Technodreamer PostPosted: Tue 18 Jan, 2005
    ----
stargirl wrote:
could be fun...but being a junior is hard! can i be a temporary librarian during summer? tounge2

Yes, you don't have to be a librarian forever. smile

#84:  Author: foo fighter PostPosted: Mon 14 Feb, 2005
    ----
I'd like to help .. I know I haven't been around long but I enjoy doing 'research' on anything I'm interested in, and helping out with compiling stuff about (lucid) dreaming should help keep me focused on the subject & (hopefully) keep me motivated! smile

#85:  Author: Xgamer4 PostPosted: Tue 15 Feb, 2005
    ----
I'd like to apply. I believe I'd make a valuable asset to the team and would be helpful. </bigwords>

I tend to be good with thinking up and critiquing things. I can point out flaws in arguments or typos and am pretty creative.

#86:  Author: Technodreamer PostPosted: Tue 15 Feb, 2005
    ----
Thank you for your interests. We would like active members for the librarians. As soon as your post count is 50, and your activity is regular, then please feel free to PM me and I will be more than happy to sign you up.

Thanks again

#87:  Author: ilovelucid PostPosted: Mon 21 Feb, 2005
    ----
i'd like to be a librarian please!

#88:  Author: Technodreamer PostPosted: Tue 22 Feb, 2005
    ----
Quote:
Thank you for your interests. We would like active members for the librarians. As soon as your post count is 50, and your activity is regular, then please feel free to PM me and I will be more than happy to sign you up.

Thanks again

Ilovelucid, we also need a demonstration that potential librarians know their way around the forum smile

#89:  Author: ilovelucid PostPosted: Wed 23 Feb, 2005
    ----
my apologies

#90:  Author: Technodreamer PostPosted: Fri 25 Feb, 2005
    ----
ilovelucid wrote:
My apologies

No, there's no need to apologise smile

#91:  Author: seandop PostPosted: Fri 25 Feb, 2005
    ----
Ok, I'l bring this out in the open. Earlier in this month when I joined, I read this thread and became interested in becoming a librarian. I send a PM to Q and she forwarded my request to Technodreamer. He said that he would moniter m progress and send me a PM when I became active enough to tell me that I could become a librarian. Well, I signed up for the researchers group, and I ended up having to PM Atheist after about a week and a half, to ask for approval since the forum message said: Your membership is awaiting approval, and I couldn't post new topics. So, I can understand if a mod forgets about certain things. However, my post count is above 50, and I have been very active in ld4all, I don't know if I am missing some other requirement that I dn't know about but... Anyway, I sent two PMs to Technodreamer. One several days ago. Another when I saw that he was on today. He hasn't responded to either. Technodreamer, if you read this, I apologize for this complaint. I still assume that you have a valid reason for not getting back to me, I just don't understand what it is, but I know that you post often in this thread, so here again lies my request. If you do not need additional Librarians at this time, then please let me know. If I can become one, then please let me know. whatsthat

#92:  Author: r3m0t PostPosted: Fri 25 Feb, 2005
    ----
You still need to find... the magic ring!

Nay, I kid. Don't worry, I'm sure Technodreamer will add you soon, and perhaps we will be able to revive the library project, as my coursework is in today.

#93:  Author: seandop PostPosted: Fri 25 Feb, 2005
    ----
lol. ok. coursework?? smile

#94:  Author: Technodreamer PostPosted: Fri 25 Feb, 2005
    ----
Done smile

#95:  Author: ExDee PostPosted: Tue 01 Mar, 2005
    ----
Ive been around LD4All for a few years now, but as you can see I dont really post much. (I havnt had this actual name the entire time ive been reading the site, but I have been here for some time.) I like to lurk and read, and make occasional comments. ^^

I would like to help out, unless you are overcrowded. Ive got a few ideas, at least.

#96:  Author: Randomperson PostPosted: Tue 01 Mar, 2005
    ----
I'll join up. colgate

#97:  Author: r3m0t PostPosted: Tue 01 Mar, 2005
    ----
Randomperson: We are currently accepting only people with 50 or more posts. Please, when you get there, feel free to come back.

ExDee, you will probably be added soon (maybe about 16:00 UTC) if Technodreamer agrees with me that you are fine. Please be patient. smile

#98:  Author: ExDee PostPosted: Thu 03 Mar, 2005
    ----
Thanks a lot r3m0t. :D

#99:  Author: evilshiznat PostPosted: Thu 14 Apr, 2005
    ----
I'd like to be a librarian! smile

#100:  Author: Technodreamer PostPosted: Thu 14 Apr, 2005
    ----
Thanks for your interest smile

We are just sorting out the library right now, so I'll PM you when we have finnished.

I am going to work on it this weekend smile

#101:  Author: quiXote PostPosted: Wed 25 May, 2005
    ----
i would love to help out and contribute what i can.

MAC

#102:  Author: seandop PostPosted: Thu 26 May, 2005
    ----
I'm afraid you need 50 posts before you are accepted. You're almost there, come back when you have enough--we could use some more active librarians. siiw

#103:  Author: Qu PostPosted: Thu 26 May, 2005
    ----
Thanks sisokogotai!
Yes, you need 50 post, but you are almost there, I'm sure when techno is around he'll add you to the usergroup and you can start librarianizing smile

#104:  Author: quiXote PostPosted: Fri 27 May, 2005
    ----
heh just my luck, got fifty today!
if and when you need my help i will be more then happy to contribute when and where i can.

c'est la vie

MAC

#105:  Author: seandop PostPosted: Fri 27 May, 2005
    ----
Great! We need help, as the last topic released was on Dec. 24, 2004!!

#106:  Author: ilovelucid PostPosted: Mon 06 Jun, 2005
    ----
i'll be a librarian and the best one you've ever had

#107:  Author: r3m0t PostPosted: Tue 07 Jun, 2005
    ----
When you get 50 posts.

Thanks for your brief application; that is my brief answer. We expect 50 posts from a forum member until they can become librarians.

Note that posts in the Playground and Wolfgame tdo not contribute to your post count.

#108:  Author: ilovelucid PostPosted: Thu 09 Jun, 2005
    ----
ha ok i'll work on that scared

#109: take me!take me!take me!im the best librarian you can find Author: acolyte PostPosted: Sat 11 Jun, 2005
    ----
i 'ld like to be a librarian please 8D plz dont make me cry

#110:  Author: r3m0t PostPosted: Mon 13 Jun, 2005
    ----
No.

#111:  Author: madhatter PostPosted: Mon 13 Jun, 2005
    ----
I'd love to help out too! If you still need anybody that is... I'd be more than happy to help archive some stuff!

#112:  Author: Qu PostPosted: Mon 13 Jun, 2005
    ----
what r3m0t means acolyte: you have to have 50 posts at least to become a librarian smile So please come back later smile

madhatter: happy to have you onboard! I'll add you to the usergroup right away smile

#113:  Author: madhatter PostPosted: Mon 13 Jun, 2005
    ----
How would one go about becoming a researcher? That's something i'd really be interested too, seeing as I'm still researching myself!

#114:  Author: Qu PostPosted: Mon 13 Jun, 2005
    ----
if you want to be a researcher, go to "usergroups", click on "researchers" and apply to join. The researcher group moderator (Atheist) will then add you smile

#115: Hope to help Author: sir sleeps alot PostPosted: Mon 13 Jun, 2005
    ----
I would love to be a librarian. I have alot of free time and I usually always browse the forum for hours. I have alot of knowledge on LD's despite me bieng a low ranked member of this site. Also I think I could help alot due to the fact that i wouldnt just be browsing the forum aimlessly i would be helping out with the new library idea. Hopefully I can help.

#116:  Author: sir sleeps alot PostPosted: Tue 14 Jun, 2005
    ----
r3m0t type!! type!! wink5 lol

#117:  Author: Qu PostPosted: Tue 14 Jun, 2005
    ----
thanks for your application sir sleeps a lot. However, atm i don't think you will be a suitable librarian.
You need to be a member for a longer while, and also have contributed with some useful posts - right now the majority of your posts is one sentence long.

#118:  Author: Pedro PostPosted: Wed 29 Jun, 2005
    ----
Hi, I am back and I wish to become a Librarian. I feel I can strongly help the forum and am willing to put a lot of time into compiling guides/tutorials. I can help finish the VILD tutorial (who better?) and I would like to begin a RC Tutorial as well. A lot of people on the forum would appreciate a good visualisation skills guide too.

I would like to work with the other librarians when bringing all the information together. There is so much info on here I really want to be part of bringing it together constuctively.

I appreciate the fact that librarians are required to be active users so I do not expect to become one straight away. I would like to be considered though as I am going to be a lot more active now.

Peace.

#119:  Author: Technodreamer PostPosted: Fri 01 Jul, 2005
    ----
Welcome back. I'll make you a librarian smile

#120:  Author: Technodreamer PostPosted: Fri 12 Aug, 2005
    ----
Things are running slow in the library at the moment. Does anyone else want to be a librarian? smile

#121:  Author: Basilus West PostPosted: Mon 15 Aug, 2005
    ----
What sort of info has to be compiled in the library now?

#122:  Author: Technodreamer PostPosted: Mon 15 Aug, 2005
    ----
Have a look here: http://ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10250

#123:  Author: Scopio PostPosted: Fri 19 Aug, 2005
    ----
I would very much like to be a librarian ^^ but i've only been here a matter of days so i guess it would be best if i waited a while? I do research every day as im very keen on LD and love this forum!! I spend upwards of 6 hours a day on here just reading peoples techniques, experiences and seeing what people are like! :D

#124:  Author: Jacobite PostPosted: Sat 20 Aug, 2005
    ----
lol ash ur addicted i feel proud to have told anth who told u tounge2

#125:  Author: Scopio PostPosted: Sat 20 Aug, 2005
    ----
Yep i can't get enough of it

#126:  Author: Technodreamer PostPosted: Sat 20 Aug, 2005
    ----
Welcome to the library smile

#127:  Author: gerbenvanetten PostPosted: Mon 26 Sep, 2005
    ----
I would love to be in the librarian group. I'm a fast typer so that won't be a problem... it'll be a perfect chance to get to know the techniques thoroughly aswell!

Last edited by gerbenvanetten on Tue 27 Sep, 2005; edited 1 time in total

#128:  Author: Petter PostPosted: Mon 26 Sep, 2005
    ----
Whats the liberians `?

#129:  Author: Technodreamer PostPosted: Fri 30 Dec, 2005
    ----
Peter:

#130:  Author: ilovelucid PostPosted: Fri 30 Dec, 2005
    ----
It's closed now anyway isn't it? Like you can't apply.

#131:  Author: Shaper PostPosted: Fri 30 Dec, 2005
    ----
I could definitly submit some articles which I am meaning to write, once I write them I'll submit them smile

#132:  Author: Qu PostPosted: Fri 30 Dec, 2005
    ----
ilovelucid wrote:
It's closed now anyway isn't it? Like you can't apply.

on the contrary smile You are welkcome to apply :D

The librarians corner is now a private forum only librarians can access. If it becomes buzzing with activity again, i'll reopen it for all members to view. (you can post in there only when you are a librarian)

#133:  Author: Technodreamer PostPosted: Fri 30 Dec, 2005
    ----
Ilovelucid, I love lucidity too ^^

Would you like to become a librarian?

#134:  Author: ilovelucid PostPosted: Fri 30 Dec, 2005
    ----
smile yes

#135:  Author: The HB PostPosted: Tue 03 Jan, 2006
    ----
Can i be a librarian?

#136:  Author: Technodreamer PostPosted: Sat 07 Jan, 2006
    ----
Yes smile

I'll add you now smile

#137:  Author: The HB PostPosted: Sun 08 Jan, 2006
    ----
YAY! Thanks, now i shall begin my reign of terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriffic librarianism. WOOT!

#138:  Author: Fiver PostPosted: Sun 08 Jan, 2006
    ----
I guess I'd have to say that I would like to become a librarian.

#139:  Author: Technodreamer PostPosted: Sat 14 Jan, 2006
    ----
Welcome abroad both of you!

I've added you to the group Fiver smile

#140:  Author: Mohegan PostPosted: Sat 14 Jan, 2006
    ----
I'd love to be a librarian, but after careful concideration I don't feel I have the time to put into it to be a useful librarian.

Maybe in the future.

#141:  Author: Technodreamer PostPosted: Sat 21 Jan, 2006
    ----
Ok, thank you for your response smile

#142: posts Author: SouljahdeShiva PostPosted: Wed 08 Mar, 2006
    ----
I'll see how usefull I can be.

#143:  Author: Erol512 PostPosted: Sun 12 Mar, 2006
    ----
becoming a librarian would be a great way for me to learn more about LDing. I also have a lot of time on my hands. Too bad about the 50 post restriction... Oh well. Maybe there will be something open later. Good luck finding some good librarians!

#144:  Author: Alvin PostPosted: Sun 12 Mar, 2006
    ----
I was just wondering about this... I've been a bit interested in it for a time and still thinking about it. First off, I checked the usergroup for the librarians and it says there that no more users are accepted. Is that true?

Also, what does a librarian do? I mean, I imagine that by now a lot of the needed info would have been compiled. What left is there to do?

#145:  Author: Snape PostPosted: Sun 12 Mar, 2006
    ----
I'd also be interested depending on the vacancies.

#146:  Author: Qu PostPosted: Sun 12 Mar, 2006
    ----
alvin, the reason it says no users accepted, is because it's a closed group. That means you have to be added by technodreamer.

There is plenty to do for the librarians, it's compiling already posted information. For example we have a huge WILD topic, and there is so much info in there, it's great if that is going to be a tutorial of some kind.

Everybody picks their own projects, and works on them, in silence, or publicly (in the librarian forum). You do everything in your own pace, at your own time. You can work alone or collaborate on a project with another librarian.

basicly you take a subject that interests you already and compile the info available on the forum.

This way the most interesting posts and information are easily found.

I have added you both, alvin and snape.

Souljadeshiva and Erol512, I'll wait until you have made 50 posts first smile

#147:  Author: Alvin PostPosted: Sun 12 Mar, 2006
    ----
I was still thinking about it, pasQuale :p but I guess its alright... at least as a trial basis. If I think I won't do much good, I'll hand my resignation then.

#148:  Author: Qu PostPosted: Sun 12 Mar, 2006
    ----
*Qu chains alvin to the library ebil

you can look around a bit before you take on a project. See if you like it ^^

#149:  Author: Dust Mote PostPosted: Wed 15 Mar, 2006
    ----
LIBRARIAN APPLICATION

Name: Dust Mote

Number of Useful Posts: 163

Topic of Tutorial: Lucid Living (of course)

Qualifications: The subject of Lucid Living is MINE, its all MINE ebil

#150:  Author: Qu PostPosted: Wed 15 Mar, 2006
    ----
*Qu directs Dust Mote to an empty desk in the Library ^^

#151:  Author: Technodreamer PostPosted: Tue 21 Mar, 2006
    ----
Thank you for adding them PasQuale.

*Technodreamer starts ordering books on the shelves

welcome

#152:  Author: D'ForceMaster PostPosted: Sun 12 Nov, 2006
    ----
I believe I'd like to join.

I'm not sure how useful I will be but I am constantly researching LDing and have actually compiled a few FAQ's for my friends who became interested in LDing after hearing me talk about it. I haven't been that active recently on the forums though but I am starting to post again and still would like to join if possible.

#153:  Author: Fiver PostPosted: Sun 12 Nov, 2006
    ----
I think that will be possible. Let me see what I can do...

#154:  Author: Duck PostPosted: Wed 27 Dec, 2006
    ----
Hi everyone, I'd like to become a librarian. I wrote one tutorial ( "Flying, a tutorial") ,so I have something experience-like. I guess I wrote 50 useful posts........

or I didnt eek2 ? Nevermind..

#155:  Author: Qu PostPosted: Wed 27 Dec, 2006
    ----
i'll see if i can fit you in somewhere Duck grin

ofcourse you can be a librarian, glad you are joining!

#156:  Author: Duck PostPosted: Wed 27 Dec, 2006
    ----
^^ Thanks Q ! ^^

#157:  Author: Petter PostPosted: Thu 28 Dec, 2006
    ----
Sorry i couldnt resis.

*Petter goes seeing if the smell of roasted duck comes from the library yet

grin

Serious now : Good luck duck smile

#158:  Author: Duck PostPosted: Tue 02 Jan, 2007
    ----
*Duck hangs a "No cooking, eating, or catching dinner" sign at library gates*

*Duck feels bit more safe now*
O_o

Thanks Petter !

#159:  Author: Hotrootsoup PostPosted: Mon 08 Jan, 2007
    ----
I would love to join and be a librarian,i already have a project in mind.

#160:  Author: Wissam PostPosted: Mon 08 Jan, 2007
    ----
Hello
Well, I'd like to be a Librarian, just so that i can help out and do my part. ^^

Hopefully, I have 50 useful post smile

#161:  Author: Bruno PostPosted: Tue 09 Jan, 2007
    ----
Sandra made me a proposal I just couldn't decline.

revival flashback "we can win this thing together" the second

A room, finely furnished in what seems to be a style similar to Victorian. SANDRA is sitting in a red sofa, behind a wooden desk, surrounded by her BODYGUARDS.

BRUNO walks in.

Cut to:

CLOSE at SANDRA's face, somewhat covered in shadow.

SANDRA, with heavy Italian accent: "Welcome, my son. I have called you because I have an proposal to make for youI have an offer you just can't refuse."

The theme from The Godfather starts playing.

end of the revival flashback "we can win this thing together" the second

So. Mitch. smile Would you mind adding me to the group?

#162:  Author: Inquisitor Bob PostPosted: Sun 14 Jan, 2007
    ----
You stiw need any libwawians?
Cause I think I couwd be a good libwawian.
Yeah.. I've aways wanted to be a libwawian.
But dad aways said: "No Bob you can't be a libwawian, you have to be a home insuwance sawesmen when youw owdew!"
And even though fathew said no I stiw wanted to be a libwawian secwet in my mind.
Can I be a libwawian pwease-pwease-pwetty-pwease?

#163:  Author: Graech PostPosted: Mon 11 Jun, 2007
    ----
I would like to be a librarian if you're still recruiting! I don't know if I'll still have time once school starts again but until then I have a good project in mind that I don't think anyone has explored yet.

Hmm... I'm confused. It says in the description to come here if you want to join but below that it says no more users accepted whatsthat

aha I see now after reading either page 9 or 10

#164:  Author: shatterspike1 PostPosted: Thu 14 Jun, 2007
    ----
Oh, I'd like to be a librarian.

My reason would be to start one, if not several, projects on dreaming, experiamental dreaming techniques, and shared dreaming. I would want to present evidence, and list places they could go to help have one.

Also, I would help with stalled projects.

#165:  Author: Qu PostPosted: Thu 14 Jun, 2007
    ----
graech and shatter, you have been added to the librarians group, welcome to the librarians, drop by in the librarians forum you will now notice wink

there you will see what projects are being worked on etc smile

welcome!
And thanks for helping out!

#166:  Author: Graech PostPosted: Thu 14 Jun, 2007
    ----
Yay!
bounce boogie There, that should be sufficient smile

*Graech runs of to work on revolutionary and possibly controversial project

Well, not necessarily controversial in a bad way more of a "That's the stupidest idea I've ever heard of!" But it's not...

#167:  Author: Talon Arana PostPosted: Sun 29 Jul, 2007
    ----
Hey... I was wondering if I'd be appropriate as a librarian?
I've noticed that the CALD thread is too long now to get the information out-- and after reading the librarians jobs, I realized it's pretty much perfect for what I was thinking-- I really don't mind shuffling througha ll of those pages and extracting the information-- And for CALD, i have all of it stored inwardly already since I have read every post ever regarding it...

I think I've met the 50 useful post requirement-- I hope I have :P

Q, Do you think I'd be appropriate for the job?

~Tal

#168:  Author: Bruno PostPosted: Sun 29 Jul, 2007
    ----
Tal smile

I have added you to the Librarian's usergroup. You can now see a new board in which to draft your articles and discuss them. Welcome to the team! ^^

BR.

#169:  Author: Talon Arana PostPosted: Sun 29 Jul, 2007
    ----
Bruno wrote:
Tal :)

I have added you to the Librarian's usergroup. You can now see a new board in which to draft your articles and discuss them. Welcome to the team! |)

BR.

^^~ Haha, thank you very much! I'll do my best to live up to this...

~Tal

#170:  Author: shikigami PostPosted: Fri 31 Aug, 2007
    ----
Hi I finally got 50 posts!!!! grin I want to be a librarian because I love to help. I think I would be great in organizing and composing data. I am also good at writing walkthroughs and FAQs. I dont mind going through lots of pages to look for info. I'm often online and I check my email often so I can help people who have questions. My computer is also fast and has great antivirus so there will only be a small amount of days I cant work.

Please make me a librarian. I hope I can help. ^^

#171:  Author: Bruno PostPosted: Fri 31 Aug, 2007
    ----
Welcome in ^^

#172:  Author: MatrixManNe0 PostPosted: Sun 02 Sep, 2007
    ----
I've seen this topic for quite some time, but usually ended up skimming over it. Still in need of help? I'm not quite a fan of making new topics, but I like to consider myself decent when it comes to finding relevant posts and/or articles.

#173:  Author: Bruno PostPosted: Sun 02 Sep, 2007
    ----
You're in smile All help is welcome: both to help gather relevant information for other people's projects, and to start a project yourself. yes

#174:  Author: shikigami PostPosted: Mon 03 Sep, 2007
    ----
Hey would it help if I tryed to get some of the people I know on this forum to apply? Or would that make to many librarians?

#175:  Author: Sandra PostPosted: Mon 03 Sep, 2007
    ----
whistle

Of course that is okay. It is good if there are more librarians, because that means there are more people to help. ^^

#176:  Author: kTFox PostPosted: Tue 04 Sep, 2007
    ----
I would like to apply for Librarian. I sometimes see posts that should be put somewhere else, but no one has gotten to it yet and there have been more than one post in several places and I had no power to move the topic. So by saying that I sign my name kT4all wanting to be a librarian. I do also come on here everyday when I get the chance.

#177:  Author: Bruno PostPosted: Tue 04 Sep, 2007
    ----
KTwhat you're applying for is not what being a librarian is. lachtraan What you're applying to is forum moderation! Librarians don't move posts around, all they do is compile relevant information and post as indexes or articles in the Knowledge Base. No post moving involved. wink5

#178:  Author: kTFox PostPosted: Sun 14 Oct, 2007
    ----
As you can see my post above...Then I didn't know what it was and wasn't interested in it. Well guess what, I am now! I would like to be involved in helping with other librarians with their projects. I have also gained a lot of knowledge while my years of LD (or months) and can give advice to many lucid dreamers.

#179:  Author: Bruno PostPosted: Mon 15 Oct, 2007
    ----
You're in the group! ^^ Welcome to the librarians! smile

#180:  Author: Qu PostPosted: Mon 15 Oct, 2007
    ----
doesn't anyone else think it's quite ebil of bruno to show the door to the librarian's secret club and you can't get in?

solution is simple. become a librarian too grin

#181:  Author: Ansie PostPosted: Mon 15 Oct, 2007
    ----
Why did I know what was written so small before reading it? neutral

#182:  Author: Qu PostPosted: Mon 15 Oct, 2007
    ----
because you have librarian powers. You can't resist, don't deny, you have to follow your talents grin

#183:  Author: GreenDragon PostPosted: Mon 15 Oct, 2007
    ----
I'd like to become a librarian if possible smile
Recently I have wanted to start compiling information about WILD to try and increase my understanding of it, if others can benefit from it too and read over what I have compiled to see if it makes sense it would help me ensure I haven't misinterpreted or misunderstood anything grin

#184:  Author: Bruno PostPosted: Tue 16 Oct, 2007
    ----
I'm telling you, Q, those links are it. grin

#185:  Author: Ansie PostPosted: Tue 16 Oct, 2007
    ----
pasQuale wrote:
because you have librarian powers. You can't resist, don't deny, you have to follow your talents grin

How did you know eek2

To be honest I have worked in a libabry in RL, I want to be a librarian here but I just don't have the time sadblauw

#186:  Author: Foodguy100 PostPosted: Thu 15 Nov, 2007
    ----
Moogle told me I should apply since I was so eager to compile information. XD I've had a lot of LD experience lately (as shown in my DJ) and I've learned, tested, and discovered plenty of different LD-improvement techniques. I'd be glad to help out, but I must note that sometimes things in life REALLLY take me away from some stuff, but I'm usually really active.

Thanks in advance (even if it's no, gotta be polite. tounge1).

#187:  Author: Bruno PostPosted: Thu 15 Nov, 2007
    ----
Food Guy wrote:
Thanks in advance (even if it's no, gotta be polite. tounge1).

Sorry, but no!

Haha, kidding. Welcome in, man! :D

#188:  Author: Sakoda PostPosted: Sat 17 Nov, 2007
    ----
mmh , im not sure if i can be of GREAT help , but i'd like to help, please sign me up ,
also i'm often online so i have time to look for info

Greets , Sakoda

#189:  Author: Bruno PostPosted: Sat 17 Nov, 2007
    ----
You're in siiw

#190:  Author: Foodguy100 PostPosted: Fri 23 Nov, 2007
    ----
Now now, Bruno, it's not nice to keep posting the link over and over with all these non-librarian people. XD

#191:  Author: Sakoda PostPosted: Fri 23 Nov, 2007
    ----
hehe, i think its for MOTIVATING them to join , anyways, i now will have more time (and a more stable internet which doesnt make me lose data all the time ) so ill see :D

#192:  Author: DayLight PostPosted: Fri 23 Nov, 2007
    ----
Bruno, may I have access to the magical link of librarian-dom?

#193:  Author: Bruno PostPosted: Sat 24 Nov, 2007
    ----
No!

#194:  Author: SLS93 PostPosted: Sun 02 Dec, 2007
    ----
I'd like to be a librarian also woo ! I have time to get on almost everyday if i wanted to. I have lots of experience including 96 LD's at the moment, my dream recall at the moment is very good, i'm extremely interested in everything related to dreaming, and i like to help people smile ! Please consider me

#195:  Author: SLS93 PostPosted: Tue 04 Dec, 2007
    ----
If the answer is no sadblauw ...just tell me. I can handle it! lach1

#196:  Author: SLS93 PostPosted: Tue 04 Dec, 2007
    ----
Never mind. I saw n that there is no more people allowed. I'll just keep it to MYSELF!! grrr . Just kiddin smile That's fine..

#197:  Author: Bruno PostPosted: Tue 04 Dec, 2007
    ----
Nah, I was actually discussing your case with other mods. You don't seem to have what they called 50 meaningful posts (most of your posts, other than the ones in your DJ, seem to be one liners) in this thread's description, but I really liked your energy! neutral

But since you ask, I'm afraid it's a no for now. Although I'd like to see you apply for it at a later date...

#198:  Author: luciddator PostPosted: Sun 09 Dec, 2007
    ----
Dear Bruno (or whoever is reading this...),
I would like to apply for the librarian job for many reasons. First of all I pretty much have to explain my story of why I want to be a librarian.
I guess it was maybe half of a year ago when I had one of my first lucid dreams, I cant really remember what it was about but I know I could take control and do whatever I wanted. I will tell you I was so amazed that it was on my mind the WHOLE day. I knew that there had to be some way that I could do this more often instead of my regular old dreams. So later that day I went on my computer and searched and looked for maybe five hours. I finally got to the point where I knew some key factors about this dreaming condition. 1) It was called being Lucid 2) Stephen LaBerge is god (Im just kidding smile 3) It can be controlled and learned just like a new language-through practice. Oddly enough it turned out that my dad has had a history of Sleep Paralysis and Out of Body Experiences. So one day, I found a link to this wonderful website. I had many questions and here was the answer! I had been researching for some time and sacrificing some of my sleep and free time exploring and posting on this great website! I am so glad that I could be a part of this website! Which brings me to my point.
I recently found out that the librarian usergroup needs more people. I knew that this would be my calling. I extremely want to share all of the research and the knowledge that I posses to anyone who needs it. Please I would love to help and compile faqs about Lucid Dreaming. Think about it.
Best Regards
The Luciddator smile

#199:  Author: Bruno PostPosted: Sun 09 Dec, 2007
    ----
Dude, you don't meet the minimum standards; now I have the same doubt I had about yohanover, who I really wanted to add in spite of that. To make him justice, I'm gonna have to say no. But like I said to him, I liked your energy and your enthusiasm. You don't need many more posts to meet the standards, why don't you send me a PM in a couple of weeks, when you have the darn "50 quality posts," reminding me to add you? smile

#200:  Author: Opolious PostPosted: Tue 11 Dec, 2007
    ----
hmmmmmmmmm i wanna join but i am not sure i meet standards......but i may..... what do you think?anyone who can get me in.

#201:  Author: Sliph PostPosted: Mon 17 Dec, 2007
    ----
I'd like to join, I think I'm good at making FAQs and walkthroughs, and I really like to compile stuff and make it clean. I think I may meet the minimum requirements, but only accept me if it's necessary. Having the whole forum be librarians is sort of self defeating, lol.

#202:  Author: Bruno PostPosted: Tue 18 Dec, 2007
    ----
Opo, I'm sorry, you don't have many relevant posts about LDing at this moment. sadblauw

Tahku, welcome in smile

#203:  Author: Opolious PostPosted: Tue 18 Dec, 2007
    ----
ebil I KNEW IT!!!! Well i am off to be lazy again.

#204:  Author: kTFox PostPosted: Tue 18 Dec, 2007
    ----
Opolious wrote:
ebil I KNEW IT!!!! Well i am off to be lazy again.

lach1 aren't we all?

#205:  Author: Sakoda PostPosted: Wed 19 Dec, 2007
    ----
yes we are .... i have to finish that tut of mine .... wink5

#206:  Author: Reno PostPosted: Wed 19 Dec, 2007
    ----
Bruno, would you consider at least 50 of my 60ish posts to be useful and/or relevant? wink

If so, I'd love to join the librarians! The thought of combing through old topics in the archives and finding relevant information from a multitude of other sources excites me, (weird as that may seem... tounge2) and I would love to help compile quality FAQ's and Walkthroughs from this info, that would help everyone else on the forum answer their own questions by referring to them.

Thanks for considering, (and hopefully accepting! ^^ )

#207:  Author: Arabinator PostPosted: Sun 17 Feb, 2008
    ----
Meh. Ill try to be one then.

Need to get into it for a bit now, anyway.

Really bored too nowadays, need something to do.

#208:  Author: Yanielle PostPosted: Mon 14 Apr, 2008
    ----
I'd love to be a librarian, though I probably don't meet your requirements yet, since I'm still pretty new. I'll just try the next time around! ^^

#209:  Author: The HB PostPosted: Mon 14 Apr, 2008
    ----
Am I still a librarian? Not sure... I'll just check.

EDIT: Yes, I am...

#210:  Author: Sandra PostPosted: Mon 14 Apr, 2008
    ----
Yanielle, I think you just meet the requirements. However, I just found out I can't add you to the group yet...

*pokes Q*

Bruno is still the group moderator of the librarians, so I can't add anyone.

#211:  Author: Qu PostPosted: Mon 14 Apr, 2008
    ----
*is poketh*

sorry about that grin You are now able to add people ^^

#212:  Author: Ebilshrimp PostPosted: Sat 19 Apr, 2008
    ----
umm hi could i be a librarian?

#213:  Author: Flamemanethedemonic PostPosted: Sat 26 Apr, 2008
    ----
I'd like to be a librarian, but I am not sure I could do it. If I had a real job to do I'd post more, but for now I am just going to post and post until the librarians actually need me.

#214:  Author: Sandra PostPosted: Sun 27 Apr, 2008
    ----
I'm sorry, you need at least 50 useful posts. sadblauw

It seems like you're not that far away though.

#215:  Author: Ebilshrimp PostPosted: Mon 28 Apr, 2008
    ----
what about me?

#216:  Author: Sandra PostPosted: Sun 04 May, 2008
    ----
Sorry for not responding earlier, but orignally I had meant my post for the two of you.

I added you now Ebil Shrimp

#217:  Author: Ebilshrimp PostPosted: Sun 04 May, 2008
    ----
thank you ^^

#218: ... Author: Flamemanethedemonic PostPosted: Wed 07 May, 2008
    ----
Okay.... I have finally gotten my fifty posts in. I tried to make them as useful as possible. I think I would make a good addition to the Librarian Team, so may I please be a librarian now?

#219:  Author: Sandra PostPosted: Wed 07 May, 2008
    ----
^^

#220: application Author: kalyan PostPosted: Fri 25 Jul, 2008
    ----
i want to join

#221:  Author: Qu PostPosted: Mon 04 Aug, 2008
    ----
As of today, librarians are now known as scribes. colgate

#222:  Author: bandog PostPosted: Tue 19 Aug, 2008
    ----
Can you tell me about the role of librarian/scribe and how I can apply?

#223:  Author: moogle PostPosted: Tue 19 Aug, 2008
    ----
Scribes produce tutorials, articles and FAQs for the knowledge base forum. To apply, you just need to request to join the scribes in this topic, but to be accepted you need at least 50 useful posts on the forum.

#224:  Author: Mew151 PostPosted: Mon 15 Sep, 2008
    ----
If only I had 50 useful posts.... I think it would be fun to be a scribe... *waits patiently for someone to ask a question on the "quest for lucidity" forum*

#225:  Author: LDreamerland PostPosted: Sat 25 Oct, 2008
    ----
id love to be a librarian or scribe

#226:  Author: Sandra PostPosted: Sun 26 Oct, 2008
    ----
LDreamerland wrote:
id love to be a librarian or scribe

^^

#227:  Author: Mew151 PostPosted: Tue 11 Nov, 2008
    ----
Do you think I could apply? (What I lack in expirience I make up for with knoledge :D )

Edit: Thank you so much! I'll try my hardest.

#228:  Author: Ourayamu PostPosted: Wed 10 Dec, 2008
    ----
Would it be possible for me to join?

I've been thinking about it for a while, but I haven't had the 50 posts to apply...in fact I'm not sure that all of them can be counted as useful neutral

...but yeah. It'd be nice to join. A motivation of sorts; get me rooted into LD-ing again and provide some support for others ^^

#229:  Author: Muzzius PostPosted: Tue 20 Jan, 2009
    ----
Can I join, I think that at least 50 were helpful. I'll work hard (but slow).

Last edited by Muzzius on Tue 20 Jan, 2009; edited 1 time in total

#230:  Author: Sandra PostPosted: Tue 20 Jan, 2009
    ----
Sure..

Welcome ^^

#231:  Author: kalyan PostPosted: Mon 11 May, 2009
    ----
i waited so long to have 50 posts, now i have. please let me join

#232:  Author: Qu PostPosted: Mon 11 May, 2009
    ----
sorry kalyan, the Scribes/Library is in a bit of reorganisation right now so I can't let you join yet.

#233:  Author: Kylar Stern PostPosted: Sat 20 Jun, 2009
    ----
Looks like I have long ways to go. Lol. sadblauw

#234:  Author: wolvendeer PostPosted: Tue 23 Jun, 2009
    ----
Kylar Stern wrote:
Looks like I have long ways to go. Lol. sadblauw

Don't worry, it goes faster than you think. smile Just hang around the forum and have fun. If you have an idea that you want to write about you don't have to be a scribe to do it, and from what I've seen (a lot of scribes accepted, not too many tutorials posted in the library) we've had a good few scribes that have lost their quills and disappeared while they were looking for them, so don't be so quick to sign up unless you have something in mind.

That being said, how's the reorganizing coming, Q?

#235:  Author: Shadow Dreamer PostPosted: Sat 15 Aug, 2009
    ----
I would like to join, if at all possible...
It would give me a reason to comb through a lot of older material, and I could help people! ^^

#236:  Author: Qu PostPosted: Sun 16 Aug, 2009
    ----
Hi wolvendeer smile
reorganization is - well - sort of done, work in progress, but you are welcome to join :D

I'm still head librarian for now.

Shadow Dreamer, you are such an addict, that I don't know if becoming a scribe will be a good thing or a bad thing (eg you spending even more hours here wink you should get out too sometimes, you know wink )

I love scribes who want to dive into old posts! :D So you are in smile

wolvendeer, did your post imply a Question to join? If you would, you are in if you want?

#237:  Author: Qu PostPosted: Sun 16 Aug, 2009
    ----
I updated the first post in this topic now, with:

Applying

While I appreciate everyones enthousiasm and efforts to be a scribe, since this is all on voluntary basis, after all smile Not everyone is automatically added to the group. (To prevent the scribes group from becoming just a "gimmick" to have an extra icon below your name)

Everyone who wants to join is therefore considered by the Head Scribe (me, for now ). If you apply, please state the reason why you want to join, and if you already have an idea on a tutorial you want to make. (and if you have, what you would want to make)

Apply if you:
  • Love going through old post and collect useful material
  • Like writing
  • can work together well with other scribes
  • Have been a member for some time
  • Have made at least 50 useful posts

exceptions to these points can be made at the discretion of the head librarian.

If you already have written a very good tutorial/post/article about something it's also possible to have that moved into the knowledge base. If you post something good in the forum, it can be moved. So don't apply with finished articles wink

Thank you!

#238:  Author: Lord Antares PostPosted: Sun 16 Aug, 2009
    ----
Wait, I don't know what scribes do...
Can you tell me please?

#239:  Author: Qu PostPosted: Sun 16 Aug, 2009
    ----
Hraesvelg wrote:
Wait, I don't know what scribes do...
Can you tell me please?

yes, here smile

#240:  Author: Spider PostPosted: Sun 16 Aug, 2009
    ----
Hey Qu, i don't have enough posts, but i would like to apply, since im working very long shifts (and spend them here),it would be a getaway from the boredom and i could do something useful on this forum (and not just pressing F5),

P.S. im going on vacation and will be back 03.09.2009. So i would like to start then (if i get in wink5 )

#241:  Author: Qu PostPosted: Sun 16 Aug, 2009
    ----
OK, well apply again after you are back smile (in case you are back and don't feel like it anymore )

#242:  Author: Spider PostPosted: Sun 16 Aug, 2009
    ----
hahaha, good one wink5
When i get back hopefully my experiment will have some results,and if they are good i will consider writing a detailed guide.
so, uhmm..later smile

#243:  Author: wolvendeer PostPosted: Sun 16 Aug, 2009
    ----
Yeah, I'd like to join the scribes. I got started writing a [large] guide for MM, and now I figure it'd be nice to write some more stuff. Plus, like was said before, it give a good reason to dig through old/huge posts I otherwise wouldn't venture into.

#244:  Author: Qu PostPosted: Sun 16 Aug, 2009
    ----
OK smile Welcome in smile

#245:  Author: Shadow Dreamer PostPosted: Sun 16 Aug, 2009
    ----
Thanks! grin
Quote:
Shadow Dreamer, you are such an addict, that I don't know if becoming a scribe will be a good thing or a bad thing (eg you spending even more hours here you should get out too sometimes, you know )

Don't worry, I'll try to limit myself! wink
And I do get out... I (usually) don't spend all day on LD4all!

#246:  Author: Lord Antares PostPosted: Sun 16 Aug, 2009
    ----
Well, I like helping people and writing guides...

But I don't think I've got the time to write long posts and guides...

I would like to edit some posts, or add things that others didn't.

And I hope I will eventually write a guide...
Well, if you are not satisfied with me, just kick me out wink5

So, you can count me in...

#247:  Author: Qu PostPosted: Sun 16 Aug, 2009
    ----
If you don't have time, then it's better not to join wink5 it takes time to delve through old topics and add usable things smile sorry smile

#248:  Author: kalyan PostPosted: Thu 20 Aug, 2009
    ----
i applied long back but i did not get reply as the scribes are reorganising. i hope they will consider me now.
1.i have 50 posts
2. i am intersted in writing tutorials but i dont know whether they are really useful.
3. and, Q included my 'failure initiated lucid dreaming' technique into the knowledge base as a variation of WILD technique

#249:  Author: Qu PostPosted: Thu 20 Aug, 2009
    ----
What's needed are scribes who are willing to dive into old topics and extract those jewels of information hidden in those posts.

#250:  Author: kalyan PostPosted: Sun 23 Aug, 2009
    ----
i have holidays now, so i think i can spend 2-3 hours daily reading the old archives.
can i join now?

#251:  Author: Qu PostPosted: Sun 23 Aug, 2009
    ----
Welcome in, kalyan smile

#252:  Author: Spider PostPosted: Sat 05 Sep, 2009
    ----
I'm applying again !
I'm back from vacation and i have >6 hrs almost every day to venture into the long known.
smile

#253:  Author: Wyvern PostPosted: Thu 17 Sep, 2009
    ----
I'd like to join the Scribes if that's alright. smile

I'm finally feeling up to sharing all the tips and tricks I've learned over the years. (And I've already started with my transformation topic.)

#254:  Author: Qu PostPosted: Thu 17 Sep, 2009
    ----
that's great wyv! smile

One thing though - the purpose of the scribes is to collect useful posts already on the forum and merge those in a FAQ/tutorial/article of some sorts. If you write a great tutorial (which you have already done grin ) it could be moved to the KB without you having to be a scribe.

having said that, there are some scribes currently working on their own things, (still from before the reorganisation).

#255:  Author: Wyvern PostPosted: Thu 17 Sep, 2009
    ----
pasQuale wrote:
One thing though - the purpose of the scribes is to collect useful posts already on the forum and merge those in a FAQ/tutorial/article of some sorts. If you write a great tutorial (which you have already done grin ) it could be moved to the KB without you having to be a scribe.

That's absolutely no problem. I don't mind compiling information. I already have some ideas in mind.

#256:  Author: Fallen Youth PostPosted: Sat 19 Sep, 2009
    ----
well you probably have plenty of scribes i just wonder if i can still join pleeez ^^

#257:  Author: RoD PostPosted: Sat 19 Sep, 2009
    ----
I would, but I haven't been around long enough to do this tounge1. I will some other time! flying

#258:  Author: Qu PostPosted: Sat 19 Sep, 2009
    ----
Scarface: please tell me more about why you want to join, and if you already have a project in mind. also please proceed to the next part here: http://ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35567

locking this one because it's way overdue for a new part ^^

LD4all » LD4all news and announcements

Page 1 of 1
printed from the LD4all.com lucid dreaming forum. Content copyrighted by the author.
Lucid dreamers unite! visit LD4all.com