LD4ALL 23rd Anniversary Party

How did YOU learn to LD? - Part I

Author  Message 
Redifin
One Strange Dreamer
Dream Deity
LD count: 33

PostPosted: Mon 17 Jul, 2006  Reply with quote

I was born with it! I suppose but it was needed to be awakened and aware to me what they were. I've had at least 10 before I joined the site, not knowing what they were.

Current LD goal(s): I want to get better DR and have LDs again..it's been so long!
RLC Davidson
Left-handed dreamer
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Thu 20 Jul, 2006  Reply with quote

I had my first two LDs about a year ago, maybe a bit more. The second was actually an unconscious WILD, though I didn't realise it at the time. Then more recently, maybe a month and a half ago, I learned about LDs from Wikipedia and followed a link to this site. I started consciously trying to LD, mosly through WILD techniques, and didn't have all that much success. Twice I became lucid but woke up immediately afterward. Then last night, after trying and failing to WILD, I just repeated to myself, "When I wake up, I'll be dreaming", (a sort of variation on MILD I guess) and almost had a false awakening later in the night. I went back to sleep and in the middle of that dream became spontaneously lucid, and managed to stabilise it and stay asleep. I guess I just had the idea deeply enough in my mind that it decided to happen in the middle of the dream, albeit in a different way than I'd been thinking. I'll try it again tonight and see.

elrick
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Fri 21 Jul, 2006  Reply with quote

I was a beginner when i came to this site. Didn't know to much about lding. Tried Wild Mild and Wbtb didn't have success with any those. Got fustrated and started rcing every hour while i was awake. That helped get me my first ld. I got my first ld about a week in a half when i joined this site. When i got my first ld i wanted aanoter right away. So i tried a lucid dreaming tape that says, you are dreaming you will know you are dreaming. I set a alarm on my ipod for 4:00 went to bed at 12:30. While i was sleeping i heard a voice that said you are dreaming your sleep. So i did a rc and was lucid.

Caz
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Tue 25 Jul, 2006  Reply with quote

I read sections on this website. I RCed everyday and eventually I had my first LD. I could already recall my dreams and I already had a dream journal before I found this site, but I didn't know what LDing was.

PostPosted: Thu 10 Aug, 2006  Reply with quote

I really didn't learn it just happened on its own. I had an LD after reading online about them. It was cool, but I had a FA, and I didn't feel like doing that again. A few months later, after waking up, I was just resting in bed. I starting thinking about lucid dreams, but I didn't think to actually try to have one. I drifted off again and had an LD anyway. Now, after reading these forums, I'll probably have another. Maybe not. Who knows.

PostPosted: Fri 11 Aug, 2006  Reply with quote

I was 12 and i could control every dream, every time. 2 years later I Decided to google "concious dream" and i discovered that what i experienced was a well documented phenomenom.

MatrixManNe0
a.k.a. Sean
cookie lover
LD count: Please.

PostPosted: Fri 11 Aug, 2006  Reply with quote

Good ol' RC's is how I learned. I did probably hundreds of RC's and had LD that night.

Actually, the first quality LD I had came from FILD, but I ditched the F part and transitioned to WILD.

Lucid_Mike
The Dreamer
Astral Explorer
Lucid_Mike has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Thu 31 Aug, 2006  Reply with quote

I'm a natural born dreamer! I had a bunch of LD's as a kid, well before knowing anything about them or what they were called.

I became interested in various occult things through high school and university, reading various things. I stumbled across Stephen LaBerge's Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming in the Occult section at my University bookstore. (That seems really funny now.)

Although still interested in the occult, I'm a pretty big skeptic. I know my stuff, but the more I hear/read, the less I believe. LaBerge put the scientific fact behind LD'ing, but more importantly, it was something that I experienced myself. (I'm still open minded about things though, that's where my curiosity comes from.)

Another neat thing, the day I bought the book, I had an LD that night BEFORE I had a chance to read it. smile That's MILD for you. colgate

Sonic_Moronic
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Tue 19 Sep, 2006  Reply with quote

It took me 2 days to have LD after i seen this forum. But i had some of em while i was a kid. I dont use any technique, just lay in bed and try my luck. Techniques are nonsense to me (no offense to any1 who does them)

Lucid_Mike
The Dreamer
Astral Explorer
Lucid_Mike has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Tue 19 Sep, 2006  Reply with quote

Sonic_Moronic wrote:
just lay in bed and try my luck. Techniques are nonsense to me (no offense to any1 who does them)

Guess what? That's a technique. smile You just used MILD, congratulations on the LD's.

Queen SD
Still Dreaming
cookie lover
LD count: Never enough

PostPosted: Fri 22 Sep, 2006  Reply with quote

I've had some LDs when I was younger but I thought that it was normal, so I ignored it. My first actual LD was one week ago, on my birthday and since then I've had 3 more, but I keep getting FAs, and RCs never work for me (plus my brain is always creating false memory). I didn't really have a problem getting an LD, I had one the first time I tried, but I can't have a WILD, so I'm stuck to MILD, oh well!! ^^
I always looked forward to sleeping, cuz I thought dreaming was the coolest thing ever and I've started writing a DJ since I was 10. For a weird reason I never forgot my dreams and I could control what I was going to dream (usualy flying, I LOVE it more than enything else in the world!!)

So I've probably bored you to death so I'll stop. Any time soon. Really, I'm stopping. Shuting up now...
*SD gives cookies to every1 and runs away before you accuse her for boring you to death*

Sonic_Moronic
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Fri 22 Sep, 2006  Reply with quote

Lucid_Mike wrote:
Sonic_Moronic wrote:
just lay in bed and try my luck. Techniques are nonsense to me (no offense to any1 who does them)

Guess what? That's a technique. smile You just used MILD, congratulations on the LD's.

O, ok then
Well, i ment i dont try anything hard, just read this forum before going to sleep. Works like a charm ^^

Mari0mega
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sun 24 Sep, 2006  Reply with quote

Similar to Sonic_moronic, I don't do a whole lot to induce them. I do an RC every once in a great while, and I keep trying to WILD (but not with WBTB, so it doesn't really go far). I mostly just keep my enthusiam up. When I do have an LD, I usually notice something amiss and don't even need an RC for confirmation.

WritersCube
OneiroTron 24.7
cookie lover

PostPosted: Thu 28 Sep, 2006  Reply with quote

I kinda discovered lucid dreaming naturally too. It just clicked when I was four years old and I realized that I could control it all!! turn3 it was awesome, the feeling.

Edit/Addition: droom

Current LD goal(s): Extended LD of 4-Months Dream Time... when I'm crazy enough to try it LOL

Last edited by WritersCube on Sat 22 Dec, 2007; edited 2 times in total
Keiiji
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sat 30 Sep, 2006  Reply with quote

They sort of happened , I'm yet to do any of the LD inducing techniques.........

Recently I'm suspecting most of them were FLDs though

print