The BIG "Hi I'm new here!" Topic XVII

[b][color=red]
Welcome to The Big “Hi, I’m new here!” Topic - part XVII.

Part I
Part II
Part III
Part IV
Part V
Part VI
Part VII
Part VIII
Part IX
Part X
Part XI
Part XII
Part XIII
Part XIV
Part XV
Part XVI
Part XVII<-- you are here :boogie:

This topic is to prevent the forums from being cluttered with individual “Hello, I’m new to this forum, nice to meet Y’all” topics.
So now we have a whole BIG topic where everybody can introduce themselves.

So if you are new and want to say ‘Hi’ to the rest of us, this is an excellent place to do it!
Of course, anyone is welcome to post in this topic, not just the new members.
[/color][/b]

Hello all, I’m new here.
I’m trying to WBTB right now, so I’m a little groggy having just woke up :content: I first found out about LD when I saw Waking Life for the first time. After that I read up on it online a bit, and after a couple of weeks finally had an LD. I fell out of practicem as life got a bit hectic. I’m back on track now. I’ve been trying WB2B and MILD everynight, but still no LDs, however my fream recall has improved phenomenally. I’m finallly up to at least remebering 1 dream a night, sometimes 2.Hopefully I’ll pick up some tips here that’ll make it easier for me. I’ve already read a lot of good stuff here, this site is a tremendous resource!

See ya around.

Welcome Woodwizzle. Before you read on, do a reality check now!
Good luck with WBTB :smile:

As i am a new member here, i’d like to introduce myself. Some here has probably already seen me on the chat. Well, my name is Axel, i’m 15 years old and i live in Sweden. I’ve experienced LD three times in my life, once i flew(the swimming technique), once i could breath under water and once i realized a nightmare was a dream and laughed at the ugly monster. But, all this happened when i was younger. I ran in to this page a coincident(lucky me :happy: ) and i could recognize myself a little in thie LD phenomen(spelling). So, im thrilled to get a new LD (if i get one). C ya all around!
Axel

Hejsan.

You should check out this thread. The Big “I’m new here”

Where in Sweden do you live?

I live in stockholm :razz:
the capital of sweden(if you didn’t know)

Well, duh. Jag bor i Stockholm själv.

Whats up, everyone?

Name’s Greg. Just got back into lucid dreaming, and I’m enjoying all of these forums that I’m finding on them. I would suppose the easiest and most thorough way to learn about me is to go to my myspace page, which is: myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseac … 0421142326

Anything else (not that there’s much :razz:) can be learned through future posts. Hehe.

PS: Nice place Q. ^__~

:wave: welcome to ld4all woodwizzle, Axel and Oneironaut X
hey greg I thought it was you … but you added an X to your nick here :content:
You will find that ld4all is a very friendly forum and newbies don’t feel like “newbies” for very long. :happy:

I hope you all enjoy your time at ld4all :smile:

Welcome,

Oneironaut X, Axel, woodwizzle (hah, like the name :smile:) and Brambleburr :cool:.

Enjoy yah stay here :grin:.

Thanks for the welcome. :slight_smile:

And yeah, its me. It seems that someone has already gotten away with the original Oneironaut name. :sad: Thaz ok, though.

Just thought I’d try this stuff out. My first post too! :colgate: I made the avvie myself, and I thought the siggy was pretty funny. What do you think?

Hi wolf, welcome to the forum :happy:

watch out, we have a wolfgame here, you might be interested in playing it :wink:

/me points to link in her sig below

:wave: hello wolf you may like to post in the hi, i’m new here topic in the gathering forum :smile:

• i exist -

but do you only exist for a moment momentaryvibe? :eh:

:wave: welcome to ld4all, I hope you enjoy being a member here. :happy:

p.s. Oneironaut… I see Q freed up the Oneironaut nick for you. :cheer:

Wow, I got welcomed by the Mayor of WolfGame and PasQuale herself! :bow: OK, I’ll be sure to try out your suggestions. Thanks a lot!

As for LDing, I did it a couple of times before. I had no idea about all of this stuff though. This is kinda weird, but almost every week I get nightmares about something trying to scare, hurt, chase, or kill me. It used to be every couple of days when I was little. I knew I was dreaming when I was in them, but it still scared me.

Since that freaked me out, I came up with my own plan of action. Every time it came to a point where something was after me, I tried to curl up in a little ball and go to sleep. (in the dream) If sleeping in the real world gets you to dreamland, couldn’t the same be true visa versa? It seemed to work for me.

I had a lot of bad dreams when I was little where I was semi-lucid. I could tell it was a dream, but I couldn’t do anything about it. This one time I was in an amusement park with these people who were supposed to be my friends. (even though I had never seen them in real life before) They kept forcing me to go on all these scary rides. Whenever I tried to get away, they kept grabbing me. I was a little kid when I had this, so my “friends” were a lot bigger than me. I kept telling them that this was a dream, and they shouldn’t be able to boss me around, but they didn’t listen. I then had to go on this HUGE roller coaster. At the very top of the ride I screamed at the top of my lungs, “WAAAKE UUUUP!” For an instant I think my eyelids fluttered open a tiny bit, but then closed again. The dream sorta drifted off into blackness after that.

Weird, huh? That’s not even the weirdest part. One of the gang stuck clearly in my mind: He was a tall round kid with baggy clothes. For about half the year I’ve been hanging out with a kid from school that looks exactly like that. :eek: I never thought about it until posting it here. The dream was, after all, a couple of years ago.

I may be posting this stuff on the other boards too, just so you know. I just wanted to reply to you guys first. If you’d like you can mail me at Wolfinator@verizon.net. Thanks again!

Hello.

I’m new to this site as well. I’m a 19year old man/boy, and I’m from Norway (Some keywords are: Vikings, oil, snow, skiing and black metal)

I’m having trouble coming up with something else than “I’m” to start my sentances… I haven’t had an LD as of yet. Right now I’m just reading up on the topic, and trying to get better at remembering my dreams. I see lucid dreaming as a great way to learn more about your owns subconsious, and hope to manage just that.

I would also like to introduce myself

I am a 16 year old male living in iceland, reykjavik
i first became intrested in lucid dreams when i saw the moives Nightmare on elm street 1-3. after watching those i did a little research on dreams on a internet encyclopedia and found out about lucid dreaming. As i got intrested i decided to take a look at a link below witch ended upp to this site.
so hello i guess

:wave: Welcome to LD4all Deviant and bomberman
:handshake:
We are a friendly forum and you will soon feel at home :grouphug:

What is your recall like now Deviant? As soon as you have done a little work on your recall, you can begin to experiment with LDs while still improving recall. :content:

:eh: usually members say “Waking Life” or “Vanilla Sky”
:happy: Everytime I see your nick I will have an image of the bomberman of the game in my mind! :tongue:

I hope you both enjoy your time at ld4all
:wiske: moogle

Thanks for the warm welcome :smile:

My dream recall is really bad, and it has been this way for as long as I can remember. When I remember dreams it’s all very scetchy and out of order. I’ve started a dreaming journal, and I hope this will help.