Another original RC (I think)

Has anyone with glasses ever tried displacing them to see if the scene in front of you goes blurry (like on Spiderman 1)? What about pulling on an arm hair; not out but just tugging on it and watching the skin move up and feel it.

Hmmm… food for thought. Good ideas! :ok:

Good ideas… that work! Last night I was RC-ed using the glasses trick. I pulled them down a little as if I was wearing sunglasses and checking out a girl. At first the scene was blurry, but then it focused and from there I was in an LD!

heh, that is awesome, real easy one to add to my periodical rcs!
i have used an rc of seeing things clearly and then noticing that i did not have glasses on in the first place! close i suppose?

:wink:

sisokogotai: Cool! It’s definitely easy and fairly descrete. All you gotta do is tilt your head and peer over your upper rim! Another one I like to do is just shut my mouth and try to breathe quickly a few times through my lips. It’ll create suction and pressure as you breathe in and out, but you won’t get air. I’m assuming when I’m asleep and do it that I’ll still be able to breath. I have yet to question my state in a dream to try it though. :smile: It’s particularly handy when lying in bed and you’re all relaxed. You don’t have to open your eyes, move your arm to look at your watch, etc. It’d be very good for a false awakening; therefore I’m trying to make a habit of doing it every time I wake up.

hey! never thought of one for right when i wake up. should help a whole lot with FA.
Nice and discreet RC’s are wonderful…
looks kind of funny when you are trying to stick your fingers through random solid objects or staring at your watch for ten seconds at a spurt

LOL I totally agree! Or like when I’m at work and I think to RC so I look at something with intense eyes while thinking of course “This is a dream…” and so I flip it over and stroke it and examine it and toss it up to see if it’ll float… meanwhile the customers are just waiting for me to finish whatever the heck it is I’m doing so they can grab a bunch of brocolli. :cool_laugh: Those days are over.

I only use the mouth-suction check as backup. My primary check is using my digital watch, but sometimes I’ll forget to strap it on after dishes, or during the night when I’m in the bathroom (I have so many dreams about being in the bathroom so I try to RC every time I’m in there) it’ll be off. LaBerge says you should pick one main one, and I suggest a backup too. :smile:

coolish :smile:
but i don’t have glasses so…
I was thinking: you don’t have a blind spot in your dreams, do you? :smile: (not the best dreamsign, but it might work)

Like, your peripheral vision or the spot that your rear-view and side-view mirrors don’t cover? :wink:

I was trying to think of something along the line of peering over the rim of your glasses for those of you who don’t have glasses. What about crossing your eyes!? Yeah, I wonder what would happen if you crossed your eyes in your dreams!!! Would the picture still be sharp and you’d see double the trouble, double the fun? Hmmm… I’m totally gonna try that next time I’m lucid.