Does this count as a lucid dream?

While I was dreaming, I knew that it was all a dream, but I could not control it. Does this count as a lucid dream?

I’ve had that before. I think you’re halfway lucid. You know you’re dreaming, but you can’t do anything about it.

Congratulations, Raindrop! What you described is a lucid dream.

A dream is a lucid dream if, and only if you’re aware of the fact that you’re only dreaming. The term “lucid dream” doesn’t really have anything to do with dream control. The ability to control your dream usually comes with the awareness, but it’s possible to have non-lucid dreams where you have control and lucid dreams where you have only little control, if any.

hi :wave: Raindrop. Only you can tell if you were lucid or not. Did you consciously know that you were dreaming, or was it just a thought in the dream?
And yes, what has been siad is true: lucidity helps control, but it’s not the same thing.

Well, Dark Sider, I don’t really know whether it is just a thought or not. When you have a feeling in your dream, it might come out of you consciously, we don’t know. I have this type of dream almost every month, sometimes even more. It is like… well, the things happening in that dream is too weird to be real. Then I suddenly know that it is a dream, but I could not wake myself up.

If they are lucid dreams, then what can I do to gain full control?

ahhh, well, next time it happens, look at your hands, or at the ground, notice how everything looks so real, that will help you increase lucidity. About full control, even in my most lucid dreams, I don’t have full control over the dream. Some people can control everything, some need practise. So you start experimenting and find your own methods. One way that may work is to imagine something in your head, it will probably come true in the dream. Like imagining a person behind a door, and opening the door and finding that person there.

Good Luck!

I would say: plan IRL something to do in your next lucid dream. Use autosuggestion, like repeating yourself before getting to sleep: “Next time I become lucid, I’ll (do this)”. I suppose it will give you a higher lucidity, and help you in realizing you can control your dream.