EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 131
The Spirit of Giving XIV

Stop trying to dream.

Author  Message 
n00dle

Stop trying to dream.
PostPosted: Sat 11 Jun, 2005  Reply with quote

After my first lucid dream 6 months ago I have tried every day, using blinking lights, vocal cues, setting reality reference points, asking myself if i was awake, and truley wishing to become lucid.

It didn't happen.

Every night when I said, I want to be lucid, i really really honestly want to be lucid, I never was. After watching a film called "What the @#%$ do we know?" I understood the concept of modifying your reality.

Entailed in the film was a message that everyone creates the conciousness that they sense around them. Ultimately you have entire control of the situation, but most are conditioned to believe limits exist. To remove these limits you must just believe it honestly and 100% - the slightest bit of doubt will cause the situation to exist in full. I decided to put this into practice - with no doubt.

This morning I applied the same techniques, but with the new pattern of thinking - instead of 'I want to be lucid', my statements becaume 'i AM lucid.'
I became lucid, and had my first flying experience.

Just like that.

The thing to realise is that to wish to dream, is to ultimately create one. But to create a dream is to accept possibility that the dream does not exist - and people are negatively conditioned so this tends to be favoured.

In summary Stop trying to dream. Become the dream.

TimeLess
Timeless Dreamer
cookie lover
TimeLess has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: hundreds

that is the best advice i have read in a long time smile

Current LD goal(s): regain my nightly and focus on astral
moogle
1 LD to milestone !
Site Admin
moogle has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
LD count: 49 LDs so far

I will do it tonight grin
you should put
Quote:
Stop trying to dream. Become the dream.

in your signature with a link to here

welcome welcome to LD4all n00dle
you may like to introduce yourself in the gathering in our sticky introduction topic ^^

Current LD goal(s): 6 LDs per year * ND goals - actively incubate interesting/fun dreams

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
n00dle

Hehe, i shall do that. I feel good to be here, amongst those who seek the Similar.

WindRunner
Wanderer
Novice dreamer

Quote:
This morning I applied the same techniques, but with the new pattern of thinking - instead of 'I want to be lucid', my statements becaume 'i AM lucid.'

i'm still a little confused as to when you said this. was it while you were just lying awake in bed? or during a dream? please clarify, i really like this idea you have and want to use it!

n00dle

I said this as i lay in bed.

Not as i went to sleep, because I didnt. I 'woke up' as so to speak.

The whole point of lucidity (at least in my view, which is the only view i have, and therefore is relatively ultimate and correct) is to ultimately not be able to discern wake from sleep. to say that i repeated 'i am lucid' whilst attempting to go to sleep discerns the possibility that i will sleep uninterrupted.

To clarify, i lay down and shut my eyes, and repeated 'i AM lucid'. since I do not sense when I am unconcious, i never fell asleep. i simply chanted i am lucid, until i was.

WindRunner
Wanderer
Novice dreamer

brilliant 8D ^^ i really like the way you have done this, it makes a lot of sense, i'll see if it works for me. good luck in you endevoures, thanks again!

TimeLess
Timeless Dreamer
cookie lover

PostPosted: Sun 12 Jun, 2005  Reply with quote

Quote:
s to ultimately not be able to discern wake from sleep

mmmm i have to disagree with that imo wink5 i think you would hold your self back if you did this, but if you mean this in a wild sense then i am totaly with you smile unless i am reading this all wrong lol its been a long day

n00dle

No, you read this the right way, because the way you read it is the way you created it to be.
It may limit you, which is why you disagree. This is healthy.
As much as i created it this way to support me.

However, relative statements such as that are important for both of us to reiterate or adjust our stances towards LD'ing. Now that i read back at what I wrote, i believe that thought was actually an emotional thought that got caught up in an observation. To clarify, the reason why i stated to ultimately not be able to discern wake from sleep was probably a product of my wish to be lucid all the time.

If we do not discern wake from sleep, we create a probability that we will discern wake from sleep. It is more productive to simply become, rather than wish to become. To this effect, in relative terms, by stating that my ultimate goal is to not be able to tell the two apart, allows me to exist in a constant reality-check state, where my mind is constantly wondering, "this could be real, or a dream, but I can never tell.."

TimeLess
Timeless Dreamer
cookie lover

clever answer, u r deep, i think u r gonna have quite a lot of good ideas. smile

Shaper
Lord of Dreams
LD4all addict
LD count: Many

I might try this, sounds like there's really something to it.
Good idea n00dle smile

darkmatter
Musical Dreamer
Lucid Initiate

i also saw "what the bleep do we know" its a very good film on metaphysics and quantum physics.

n00dle

Indeed it is. Well it must be if it was responsible for allowing me to be lucid after 6 months of continuously failed attempts..

omega3
Generic Lurker
cookie lover
LD count: 200+

That 'I AM' statement doesn't only work for LDing, it works for nearly everything. I've heard of this before and have tried it in other areas.

milod789
Night Explorer
LD4all addict

n00dle

Congratulations on finding a way that works for you.

Your method reminds me of a chapter in EWLD where labarge attended a workshop taught by a Tibetan Buddhist, Rinpoche or “Precious Jewl”.

labarge wrote:
I had been expecting esoteric explanations of advanced theory, but what I got was something incalculably more valuable.
Rinpoche would indicate the world around us with a sweep of the hand and portentously announce: “this....dream!” Then he would laugh some more and pointing to some other person or object, rather mysteriously it seemed, he would insist: “This dream!”followed by more laughter. Rinpoche managed to get the across to us (how, I don’t really know; I would not rule out telepathy considering how few words were exchanged) that we attempt to think of all of our experiences as dreams and try to maintain unbroken continuity of consciousness between the two states of sleep and waking.

<mod>This thread continues here </mod>

print