2020 Vision

Emergency Wake-Up

Author  Message 
Akir
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

Emergency Wake-Up
PostPosted: Fri 03 Jun, 2005  Reply with quote

I thought of this a while ago, but I had no reason to post it. now I thought of a reason why this might be useful to some people. It's also a nice thing to know that you have a switch between your dream and the real world.

This is an interesting proposition. It will have some more practical use if you have a small bladder and need to go the bathroom frequently, but will only have effect so far if you can realise that you need to go in your dream.

Here's how to wake up from a lucid dream.

Remember: Preform a reality Check before you do this technique. It would be really, really, REALY embarassing if someone saw you do this.

Step 1:
Reserve: take your energy and reserve it. Make sure that you have a good store of it. It may also help to add a touch of anger and frusteration to your energy, for good measure.

Step2:
Release: Do things. Angry Violent Things. Your goal is to get excited. Be angry that your girl/boy - friend left you. feel your anger linguering from your parents divorse. Pound something.

That's it.

If you did it sucessfully, you should wake up wioth a jolt.

ViperX
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Fri 03 Jun, 2005  Reply with quote

I thought you could wake up at will anyway?

Akir
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Sat 04 Jun, 2005  Reply with quote

You could, but not in time to make it to the restroom tounge2

DreamerKrystal
Energizer-Bunny
Somniologist

PostPosted: Fri 10 Jun, 2005  Reply with quote

*agrees with ViperX* I thought that the second you think "I want to wake up" you can wake up of your own free will?

JaRoD
LD Addict :P
cookie lover
Chat Mods

PostPosted: Fri 17 Jun, 2005  Reply with quote

I think some people have trouble waking up at will. I don't, I usually wake up even when I don't want to!

flipasso
Knock kNocK
Somniologist

PostPosted: Fri 17 Jun, 2005  Reply with quote

waking up is the easiest thing for me to do in a dream! turn3 at least 'till now! that's the only thing I can do!
Although I once wet my bed... I wasn't lucid and I was going to the bathroom, to aliviate myself and sudently... "*** i'm dreaming and I peed my bed!" that's embaracing..
peace@us.all

Pancra85
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Sat 18 Jun, 2005  Reply with quote

awake from a LD??, are you crazy!!!???
hehe, guess that you people have a lot of LDs

JaRoD
LD Addict :P
cookie lover
Chat Mods

PostPosted: Sat 18 Jun, 2005  Reply with quote

If it's a nightmare some people might want to wake up instead of dealing with whatever is scary. I usually wake up as soon as I get really scared in a dream. Or atleast I used to, I think I'm slowly getting over that now. Hopefully I'll get lucid instead grin

Strafez
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Sun 19 Jun, 2005  Reply with quote

I can allways wake up if i know its a dream. Thats the way how all (except one) of my nightmares end. I realize that this cant be happening and force myself to wake up.

I had my first nightmare since learning about lucid dreams 4 days ago, that was my first lucid dream too :D
(I didnt force myself to wake up but lost the fear cause i knew it was a dream)

freedom88
Extreme escapist
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Sun 19 Jun, 2005  Reply with quote

This sounds quite useful, if you wanted to wake-up really fast from lucid sleeping (in the advanced lucid dreaming topic) hmm.. as I gather its really difficult to wake up fast from lucid sleeping...

Xetrov
Nonexist
cookie lover

PostPosted: Wed 22 Jun, 2005  Reply with quote

Its not useful for waking up from lucid sleep for 2 reasons. 1) you dont have visuals there so you cant "do things" and 2) it wouldnt work even if you had visuals since it takes time to "reactivate" the brain enough from deep sleep to fully wake up.

Learjet
Lightning Sprite
Somniologist

PostPosted: Thu 23 Jun, 2005  Reply with quote

I have a need for emergency wake up lucid or not! And it must work 100% of the time, otherwise I'm dead.

My family on my fathers side has a problem with saliva choking. It frequently happens when we are awake in normal life, which is bad enough, but it also happens when we are asleep.

For some reason saliva goes down the wrong way and the wind pipe closes up.

I can feel it coming on in a dream and often wake up coughing and spluttering. The longer it takes to wake up the worse it usually ends up, sometimes with the air being completely cut off for what seems like a terrifying couple of minutes.

Sometimes it happens when I'm very deep in sleep and it seems to take forever to wake up. The choking feeling is even integrated into the dream, which makes it more difficult. Sometimes I will wake on my own but others I have to suddenly realise what's happening and force myself to wake up. Lucid for a second but can't stay.

The way I wake is difficult to explain, it's sort of like sucking myself out of that world back into the real one. Sometimes I have to fight and squirm to escape. I often wake sitting up suddenly and take a deep half choking breath.

It's really quite horrible. Talked to the doctor about it but he doesn't seem too concerned. Maybe that's a tip to change doctors eh?

Pedro
Embrace This Moment
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Tue 28 Jun, 2005  Reply with quote

I used to go to sleep in my dreams to make me wake up. It helped as I was learning to be lucid but now I can just wake up at will. The whole falling asleep thing was just to help, like using a jet pack in your dream to make you fly. You don't actually need the jet pack but it can help if you haven't got full control yet. I'm more interested in learning if people can force themselves into a false-awakening rather than waking up at will.

R3TRO
Lucid Jedi
cookie lover

PostPosted: Tue 28 Jun, 2005  Reply with quote

PEDRO!!!!!!!!

Pedro
Embrace This Moment
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Wed 29 Jun, 2005  Reply with quote

R3TRO!!!!!!!!

print