New guidelines for links in your sig

With the current guidelines, it is with some cases very hard to decide what can be allowed and what not for links in signatures.

So therefore I have made the following clear guidelines about links in sigs. This is because it is then very clear what is allowed, as well for the members, as well for the moderators.

Links in sig

Links in sigs are allowed ONLY within the forum.
For example: links to your DJ, favourite topics, etc.

All other links in sigs are not allowed.

You can link to your own website in your profile.
Furthermore we have the “BIG my website topic”, where you can put a link to your own site.

note: the spam rules will apply (eg: no links to a site that is made to make money, or draw customers, gain credits, gain referrals, in what form or shape, links to illegal, warez, violent or sexual content.)
Links that the mods feel are not allowed can be removed without warning.

There will be a transition period until 7 january 2006 where all members can change their current sigs according to the new guidelines.

After january 7th, you will be kindly asked to change your sig. Although it is much appreciated you change it already before that date :smile:

I want to link to an Aqua Teen Hunger Force quote generator. It’s two lines of HTML that shows up as a Randomly Generated Master Shake quote. Can I do that?

if it shows up as a quote and isn’t a link, then it is allowed.

but it seems not to be working.

I see from the code in your sig that it is a link to creamedgeezer.com in an image. Images aren’t allowed in sigs, unless they are very small, and links neither, exept links within the forum.

I entered it by hand. I don’t think I did it right…
If it works, it is small.

:no: it doesnt work. This forum doesn’t accept HTML code, which is in your sig.

ARG! I thought you had the option of turning on/off HTMl. Oh well :smile: . Thanks Pasquale!

I’ve just thought of something.
In the garden of creation some people have photo albums which are on other websites. Are links to sites like this still allowed?

as far as I know it is just links in sigs that are affected.

otherwise it is the usual judgement … is it spam? and the links you mention wouldn’t be :smile:

indeed moogle ^^

I see :smile:

What if you have more than 1 website you want people to see? I have 5, what am i supposed to do?

Hebrew2: There’s a My Website thread in the Gathering. Post the links to your websites there and a word or two thereon and then you put a link to THAT POST in your sig. :wink:

oh. okay

i tried. It didn’t work

So you cannot even link to your own website?? i find this new rule pretty nazi… But oh well, it is your site…

first of all, i don’t appreciate people using the term ‘nazi’ when confronted with rules or guidelines. And yes, it is my site.

as said before, this one is to have a clear border what is allowed and what not. It became too hard in some cases to decide what was spam and what not.

you can always make a post in the ‘my website’ topic and link to that one in your sig, and you can link to it in your profile as well.

Well, that is still my opinion no matter how harsh my opinion might seem. I dont like to see freedom of expression limited like this. I never had a link in my sig, but i want to be able to do so if i wanted to.
I can understand the thing about spam, but i doubt this applies to more than max 1% of the members.

But as i said, i have nothing to say as it is your site and you have all the right to do whatever you want with it. I still like to express my opinion though, even though i doubt it will make you change your mind.

And whats the point with the drugs ?

Why is it so forbidden ? You can have problem if we talk about drug ?

yes. I am responsible for what happens here. If someone out there decides to experiment with something they read on LD4all, and something happens, I can be held responsible for that.

I understand and with people that don’t know what LD is…

They could say its a sect or a religion and we take drugs…
We can’t know with people like that.