Interview!
print ShareShare 

Two bugs (?)

Page 1 of 1

Author  Message 
xx521xx
Long-time Lurker
cookie lover
xx521xx has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 58

Two bugs (?)
PostPosted: Fri 17 Nov, 2006  Reply with quote

I used to be a hidden user and I used to browse the forum while logged out... during that time, I noticed two bugs (I think)...

Whenever a hidden user edits their profile, the option to hide their name is the who's online section is set to "no" by default, even if they selected "yes" previously. This could cause a problem if someone who wanted to remain hidden updated their profile and assumed that it remained set to their prior choice by default like every other preference. I peeked at your profile_add_body.tpl kiekeboe and didn't notice anything amiss, so I guess the problem is in the PHP files somewhere...

Also, I thought it was a bit strange that the forum jump box is hidden from users who aren't logged in when viewing a topic. Was that intentional? It looks like it judging by these lines in viewtopic_body.tpl:

Code:
<!-- BEGIN switch_user_logged_in -->
      {JUMPBOX}<span class="gensmall">{S_AUTH_LIST}</span>
<!-- END switch_user_logged_in -->

...but I can't figure out why you would hide it from guests, especially on the topic page only? whatsthat If it wasn't intentional, removing the <!-- BEGIN switch_user_logged_in --> and <!-- END switch_user_logged_in --> in that chunk of code should resolve the problem. smile

Qu
Mourning
ebil stars
Qu has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: lost uhm lots

that last part is for search engine optimalization reasons ^^

the first one, yes it's a little bug that occured when adding the new option to be visible or invisible in the 'who viewed this topic' list.

Bruno
a smiling haze
Globahead
Chat Mods
LD count: a bunch.

*Bruno guesses there's a third bug here

Why aren't the templates CHMODed so that only script can access them yet? tounge1

<edit>(After the sudden "template doesn't exist" error a few minutes ago.) lach1 It seems phpBB accesses the templates rather than including them! So you can't CHMOD protect them? How weird! What permissions did you remove from those files?</edit>

Page 1 of 1

print   ShareShare