EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 130
Rainbow Connection

The First Steps to WILD (for all basic WILD related Q&A)

Author  Message 
Ionflux
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: many :)

PostPosted: Mon 29 Jan, 2007  Reply with quote

Quote:
Are quick flashes of dreams considered HI? I ask because after about 20-30 minutes of WILD, I began to get some dream fragment-esque things like that...

Quote:
I also got some new songs off of a CD my friend gave me so i listened to them in my head and i started seeing wierd videos that went along with them that when i realised they weren't real, I found myself aware of my IRL body and realised I was actually dreaming.

Yes, sounds like HI to me.

don20853
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

For the Lurker and one_winged_angel. Quick flashes of dreams are ether HI, which can also have other types of HH such as auditory i.e. sound, or they might be the start of dreams that end abruptly when you focus on them too much. Ether way, they are a sign that you are very close with WILD. ^^

For frekinrican. The old hag is not very common. It is related a bit with WILD because you remain aware as you go through the transition from awake to sleep when doing WILD. The old hag was well known long before WILD was. Most people who have the old hag, do it when waking up. It is not directly related to LD'ing.
As I said the problem with WILD is that you remain aware durring the transition from awake to sleep. What happens is that you can then see, hear and feel things from the real world and from the dream world. Your mind trys to make something understandable out of all that information, and puts together what it can. It can be scarry, or it can be funny. That depends on you. neutral If you expect it to be very scarry, then it will be, if you expect it to be funny, then it will be funny.
Fact is, if you have never had the old hag so far in your life, then chances are good that you will not have it even if you do WILD. I have never had it, and I have had a lot of time both before and after doing WILD.
don

don20853
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

The short answer is "yes", as in all of the above. ^^
The somewhat longer answer is that it depends on you.
Some people can "leave their body" when they have the vibrations. They float up out of it, or roll out of it, etc. Others never get vibrations. eh
Some people can enter the HI when it gets compleat enough, or they can reach out and grasp something in the HI to enter the dream. Others wake up when they try that.
I personaly can't do ether of thoes. I just have to wait. At some point, I have a short blackout, then I am in a dream. I always have this short blackout when I do WILD, it is only a second, but it is always there. In the dream, I always know that I am dreaming as soon as it starts.
So the bottom line is that you have to try different things until you find what works for you. overspannen
don

NeOMG
I dodge bullets.
Astral Explorer
LD count: 17

PostPosted: Tue 30 Jan, 2007  Reply with quote

On the same night I wrote about in my last post here, I started remembering my friends and i found a rolling cart thing and we rode on it with someone else pushing it. I remembered that and focused on it as i did WILD so I started feeling that I was in it again.

I knew I was in my bed and flat but I felt that I was being carted around the room again and felt myself going from my starting position and going up into a more slanted position like the cart thing. I then felt that my body and head was vibrating, what was that?

hk-50
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: 5

PostPosted: Wed 31 Jan, 2007  Reply with quote

Hi i'm new to WILD ing and have being trying it without WBTB with no success.
Could anyone give me a detailed explanation on what happens while using the Wild technique
thanks.

Schreien
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Thu 01 Feb, 2007  Reply with quote

WILDing with music?

Does WILDing with music on interfere with the WILDing process?

StEvE21
Dream Deity
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Fri 02 Feb, 2007  Reply with quote

The music might keep you from falling asleep.
You should try for yourself and see if it works for you.

Schreien
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Fri 02 Feb, 2007  Reply with quote

StEvE21 wrote:
The music might keep you from falling asleep.
You should try for yourself and see if it works for you.

Music does not normally inhibit sleep, so it shouldn't be a problem?

chocoloverj
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sat 03 Feb, 2007  Reply with quote

erm.... whatsthat
i used the WILD way, and i didnt feel numb or anything. i just felt like i was sinking out of my body, then i had a LD

Kasp
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sat 03 Feb, 2007  Reply with quote

I've been trying WILD the last couple of days with the Lucid Induction MP3. I must say this technique with WILD and music really helps me get into the HI-stage. The last couple of nights I've been listening to that MP3 while semi-concentrating on the music in my ears, so that I would remain somewhat conscious. After a little while I start getting dreamimages and very short dreams, often as a result of VILD, that the images I imagine actually become a small dream and the dream starts to carry itself out without me forcing it to carry on. But I've only tried this without WBTB, but I'm gonna try this VILD-technique with music and WBTB tonight and see how it goes.

chocoloverj
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sun 04 Feb, 2007  Reply with quote

ah. were can i get this mp3

Schreien
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Mon 05 Feb, 2007  Reply with quote

chocoloverj wrote:
ah. were can i get this mp3

I believe he means:

http://www.phoensnd.com/LucidRemix.mp3

Arabinator
Dream Deity
Dream Deity

Wtf was this?
PostPosted: Sun 04 Mar, 2007  Reply with quote

I was trying to WILD.

i did a relaxation exercise, then concentrated on breathing.
After a while, i reached a really wierd state. I began to feel wierd feelings, my thoughts became distorted. Then i felt like i was drifting into darkness...but i never did. What was i supposed to do? i felt like i was soooo close...

Aksel
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Sun 04 Mar, 2007  Reply with quote

Did you hear/see/feel anything unusual?

You would probably reach the hypnagogic state if you did something to prevent you from falling asleep, like the Monroe trick. All you have to do, is to lean one of your arms up the wall, and relax. If you're falling asleep the hand will fall down and cause you to awake. You just have to continue to do this until you've reached the HHs smile

Arabinator
Dream Deity
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Mon 05 Mar, 2007  Reply with quote

I didnt feel or see anything, but i felt ALOT of wierd stuff.

Idk if i'll get warned, but my, uh...dick reacted in a pretty wierd way, too.

Felt more like an OOBE though, and i dont want one of those right now.

print