Current Wings Quest 132
2020 Vision

What to do about Noise & Distractions

Author  Message 
romablog

What to do about Noise & Distractions
PostPosted: Mon 18 Dec, 2006  Reply with quote

Hiya everyone. I'm new here!

Anywho, I'm just starting to use different techniques and trying dream recall, and I was wondering...

There's a considerable amount of noise in my house late at night- when my father snores, the house practically shakes, and I have a brother living right under my room (locked in a cage in the basement) and he makes a lot of noise watching TV and whatnot. Are there any techniques I shouldn't bother with because of the noise? Are there any that are more effective in conjunction with distractions such as these?

Thanks!

dunlar
Astral Adventurer
Astral Explorer

Hi. smile

You might want to invest in a pair of (good) earplugs... Even if they're uncomfortable at first, you'll soon get used to them. Otherwise, I find WILD to be more difficult when there's a lot of noise. MILD + WBTB + RC + DJ is what I'd recommend for someone just starting.

Flanker
Somniologist
Somniologist

I would also suggest earplugs if you can't concentrate because of the noise. Or you could tell everyone else in your house to shut up at night

I know how noise can disrupt a good night sleep, but for years now I live near a railway so trains go by my house frequently and I've pretty much gotten used to most noises neutral

print