Rainbow Connection

*Suggestability test: Make MILD/Auto-Suggestion Work for YOU

Author  Message 
jojoreality
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 12

PostPosted: Wed 31 Oct, 2007  Reply with quote

kiekeboe I guess I found this old topic. This is a very interesting thread. Took the test, turns out I'm a P, 9 to 1. I have had most success when i use the more direct suggestions, but I've never paid too much attention to how I word them and tend to use a different sentence each night I try. Thanks for posting this info Vi!

EyaknaD
Illuminati Buster
Somniologist
LD count: 7.5

PostPosted: Wed 31 Oct, 2007  Reply with quote

I'm a 7:3 E. My success has come mostly from WILD + Counting. MILD has never really worked for me as I just forget what I'm saying to myself and go to sleep. When I WILD, I only say things to myself when necessary.

Svenshinhan
Dream Walker
Dream Deity
Svenshinhan has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Fri 02 Nov, 2007  Reply with quote

I scored 6/4 Emotional on this test.
After that I went and searched for the longer original test and scored 47% literal and 53% inferential.

According to that one I'm highly suggestible (which I think is true, knowing myself) without any real emphasis on either kind. Guess I'll try out both for a while, starting with the emotional kind since there seems to be a slight preference for that tounge2

Edit: 02-11-2007

Couldn't be bothered to remember the longer, more complicated sentences for the E type so I went with the P suggestions instead. Up until now I hadn't really tried any sort of MILD before.

I had a dream and at some point in the dream I had an argument with a friend's mother and we said some pretty harsh things against each other, which made me feel weird. After the argument (I slammed a door behind me), I literally told my friend to wait because I wanted to do an RC. I always do the nose RC and it failed (or worked, whatever, in any case: I knew I was dreaming). But then I instantly woke up. Not because of excitement or anything. I had barely completed the RC and I woke up immediately. I must have been sleeping very lightly because that's never happened to me before lol tounge2

But glad to see that at least P suggestions seem to work for me. This puts my Lucid count at 7, though I've only really had one long LD three weeks ago.

Current LD goal(s): To expand the world of Silverwind City in my lucid dreams!
Basilus West
Cat of Ulthar
LD4all addict
LD count: 199

PostPosted: Fri 02 Nov, 2007  Reply with quote

Svenshinhan wrote:
Couldn't be bothered to remember the longer, more complicated sentences for the E type...

As an example, I've been recently using short E type suggestions like "it's easy to realize that one is dreaming" (not exactly this sentence, but it's the nearest to the meaning of the french one) with some success. smile

tosxyChor
Dream Winged Zen Pony
cookie lover
tosxyChor has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
LD count: d(LD)/dt>0

PostPosted: Sun 25 Oct, 2009  Reply with quote

I'm P (7-3), and i found out before this guide that i really should focus on the idea of getting lucid only (for various reasons), but it would seem silly to me from time to time; now i know I'm on the right track, so thanks a bunch! ^^

Current LD goal(s): Healing
JorgeLTE
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 2 or 3

PostPosted: Wed 17 Nov, 2010  Reply with quote

Lol, a lot of time have passed since the las post. I will revive it again...

Ok, so Im E by far (8-2).

I strated my lucidity quest 3 months ago, when the dreams cathed my interest and I started some research. I read the LaBerge's book EWLD, and MILD catched my attention, but It didn't worked (I used direct autosuggestions) and then when I noticed that a WILD give you the best lucid dreams, I have tried it for a while with no success.
And now, after reading this post, I think that I will give the MILD another chance. And if it works, I will stay with it for a little and then go along with WILD.

The indirect autosuggestions seems really interesting for me, and make a lot of more sense.... I will try it tonight and then I will post my results tomorrow.

Here is what I'm going to do:

-Right now its 12:00 midnight in México. I will go to sleep right now using autosuggestion until I fall asleep. (Mantra: I will write down and remember my LD in the morning)

-I will put my alarm clock at 4:30 AM (I have to wake up at 6:30 for school).
Get up, bathroom, drink some water, write down my LD grin and then mild with "E" autosuggestion. (Mantra: I can't wait to tell Chost (a friend...) about the lucid dream I will have today)

I will post my results tomorrow. I would love some advice.

Current LD goal(s): Have a lucid dream where I can meet with Victoria and talk with her.
tosxyChor
Dream Winged Zen Pony
cookie lover
tosxyChor has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
LD count: d(LD)/dt>0

Direct experiencing always helps, and you can supply it while awake with your imagination (cause that's what dreams are afterall ). It's also an official part of MILD, remembering what dreams you had before, then seeing yourself becoming lucid in them by any preferred means, and then just letting your imagination flow, doing the the things you planned to do in your LD's. It's great aid to your suggestions ^^ and I suggest you to do it before the affirmations, in order to get a better idea of what you're referring to.
Good luck! And sweet dreaming ^^

Current LD goal(s): Healing
AnonymousZ
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

I was having trouble auto-suggesting and then I came across this thread, which made me excited. But after completing that test, I got 5-5. Oh well, I'll try both types auto-suggestions.

JorgeLTE
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Thu 18 Nov, 2010  Reply with quote

Thank you tosxy.

I remember that I lied in my bed yesterday night and then I waked up today's morning.. I was really tired...

I will try again tonight but remembering dreams. I will post tomorrow my results.

Current LD goal(s): Have a lucid dream where I can meet with Victoria and talk with her.
JorgeLTE
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

AnonymousZ wrote:
Oh well, I'll try both types auto-suggestions.

Thats fine but try to don't do it the same day.

Doing P type for 3 days and then E type for 3 days may be the best, but you can try one each day. Just don't mix them together

AnonymousZ
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

JorgeLTE wrote:
AnonymousZ wrote:
Oh well, I'll try both types auto-suggestions.

Thats fine but try to don't do it the same day.

Doing P type for 3 days and then E type for 3 days may be the best, but you can try one each day. Just don't mix them together

Alright, thanks for the tip.

print