LILDs

I have heard about LILDs, but have never used that technique so far. For those of you that don’t know what a LILD is, it is a method of inducing future lucid dreams while you are having a lucid dream at the moment. For example, while lucid you ask a DC to tell you that you are dreaming the next time you are dreaming, and in your next LD, he comes to you and makes you lucid. Obviously, DCs are not the only way to do LILD. You might write a note for yourself in your dream and in the next lucid dream you will see the note and become lucid, although the DC method of doing this seems like it will work the best.

Anayway, I think you might want to try LILD next time you get lucid and see if it works, and for those of you who have already tried it, I would like to know how it worked for you. I will try to remember to do this in my next lucid dream.

wow that is an excellent idea, I will defiantly try that :smile:
I haven’t heard of this method.

It’s not often used… mostly bcause it have low succes rate. I have already tried it. It was one of most lucid and longest LD’s at the time. In middle of ld, I recalled my goand and I asked DC to show up in my dreams and tell me that I’m dreaming. DC agreed, without any complaings. I was really happy about that. It was more than half year ago. DC never showed again.

I guess you wanted another ending :razz: Sorry. I also yelled “In my next dream I will realize that I’ll be dreaming” in LD’s few times. I don’t know it worked or not, but sometimes in next dreams I got lucid. But after MILD and WBTB, not mentioning Autosuggestion and RC’s.

I think there are better methods.

I’ve heard about it before. I don’t see how it could hurt to ask an DC to do that. I plan to do that next LD if I remember in fact. Although it seems to me the best DC to ask would be one that shows up in your dreams fairly common (It would be interesting to have a recurring nightmare DC do it. Getting chased by a giant wolfbeast and turn around. “Hey! can we hold this for a sec? could you maybe tell me I’m dreaming and make me lucid next time I’m dreaming? please?” “uhhhh…sure?” “K thanks. Oh and one more thing! you are a tiny bunny” “huh” monster turns into bunny you squash bunny with mallet “hahahaha!”)

I agree with Duck, there are better techniques.

I tried in 2 different LDs. Both times DC agreed, but they haven’t made me lucid yet :grrr:

There are theories about state specific memories. But lucidity involves crossing states. You need to bring some waking memory into dream state.

MILD and Auto-suggestion work better for me.

LILD is basically autosuggestion, except you are already in a dream. I think its better to do Auttosuggestion while awake, you’ll remember it better.

I tried LILD once with a lucid dream pill. As the dream was ending, I grabbed the pill out of my pocket and said it would give me another LD…It didn’t.