Pause Time

Malac's 95% LD tech (discussion of)

Author  Message 
MyrTheSeeker
Creation Intern
Somniologist
LD count: 9 LDs so far!

PostPosted: Wed 07 Mar, 2007  Reply with quote

Malac was claiming this thing was practically effortless too, I believe, in the Infinity post...

I, for one, can't wait to see what his idea is. Good or not, at least its another addition to the lineup.

Dream Dragon
That's Me ~~~~
Dream Deity
Dream Dragon has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: Approx 30+

PostPosted: Wed 07 Mar, 2007  Reply with quote

He's probably got a lot of hate email from angry citizens.

day

PostPosted: Thu 08 Mar, 2007  Reply with quote

If malac was lying I would be pretty annoyed. I have also been waiting since the original post, which was friday or saturday. Malac has got me acting like a kid. If it is a hoax then it is the best hoax I have seen. Well his new method is not a Fild and it is very long maybe five pages also it takes three days to work.
Quote:
One more step to type and then ill post it asap, definently by tommorrow or day after, The puzzle will be posted Very soon so try to think of something else(for ya who are getting too excited...)

BTW for the people who are complaining about the the topic is 8 pages and still not here, Lets get logical for a sec (all the time)

If ppl saw this and posted 100 replies by One day, would you say the same? I wouldnt think so as the ppl on here are giving replies but i only gave around 6ish, i think. So stop justifying your feelings for disappointment.

The suspense is killing me I can't wait to tomorrow it feels like christmas. Magical thinking is the worst thing ever sadblauw .

BenDrummin58
Dream Hacker
cookie lover

I don't want to sound pessimistic, but please don't give your hopes up. A method is a method, no one technique is better than the other for all lead to lucidity; it's just a matter of you finding the one that's compatable. This "96% chance" technique will be like anything else (WILD, MILD, DILD) in an essence that it's either a working one for you or not.

In other words, don't panic if this technique, if released, doesn't work. It simply just means your subconscious didn't fall for it's tricks to command you to have lucidity.

day

I think malac will drang the topic on intill april the first and say april fools.

Ysim
Playground King
Globahead
Ysim has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Wolfgame
LD count: i++;

I really hope he's not just pulling our legs. A new tech would be useful (even if it wasn't actualy 95% success rate).

If he's lying, I'll truit him!
truit

Current LD goal(s): Fire fight!
exige

I personally think that if someone has trouble ordering their sentences to make lucid sense, I don't see how they could possibly order their ideas constructively to lucidly dream.

I personally think after a while people shoudl start to formulate their own techniques. It's easiest this way. Considering the intrinsic power lucid dreams may have, someone who is so intact with themself and their mind is likely able to naturally come to a technique that is most efficient for them. In every corner of the internet there is someone waiting with a scheme to trick that corner's populace. Blank words mean nothing, so pay no attention to them. In this case, he basically points to a hope that all have for a simple way to achieve lucid dreaming. Nothing wothwhile is simple. The amount of work you put into something is reflected with the satisfaction you have of your achievement.

vv.Aviran
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

exige wrote:
The amount of work you put into something is reflected with the satisfaction you have of your achievement.

I don't think it's like that when it comes to LD's. I think LD's depends on how much you really want it, and not only how much you work on it.

Orange Element
Dreamland War Hawk
Somniologist

PostPosted: Fri 09 Mar, 2007  Reply with quote

If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is. It's a fact of life, nothing good comes easy. We're lucky enough to have such a potent skill as lucid dreaming at our disposal, and making gains in it may be easy enough, but it's still no free lunch. I say just experiment until you find something that works for you. And don't let up until you're confident that you can afford to do so, otherwise any progress you've made recently is likely to just vanish. At least, that has been the case for me.

But I'd say the first step is always to try to increase DR to its maximum before trying any techniques. Then you can sink your fangs into DCs and the dreamworld as often as you want, depending on how often you do WBTB, and that way early practice sessions to hone your control skills will be plentiful.

-Juanelm-
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

A big pile of steamy BS ^^

BenDrummin58
Dream Hacker
cookie lover

I guess it all comes down to tomorrow..

Has anybody seen any of his other techniques, if he has any? I bet that could give us a hint to whether or not this will happen.

Either way, it won't be the end of the world.

The Mad Hatter
BrainWaveGen Addic
Somniologist
LD count: Around 35

I bet you it turns out to be some weird form of Darxide's "will" technique.

day

Malac has not posted the thread. Looks like malac is lying.

jagsaw
Dream Deity
Dream Deity

I knew it. Sort of.

Sureal
Wait, where am I?
cookie lover

Internet rule number 8:

If someone ever says that their claims are true, and not a lie, in capital letters, they're lying. This can be applied to websites, message forums, and emails that have been forwarded to you.

THIS IS NOT A TRICK!

Thank you for your time,

-- the creators of Hotmail (REALLY!).

print