Scary weird idea

Author  Message 
Hotrootsoup
Young Hippie
Somniologist
LD count: 6

Scary weird idea
PostPosted: Tue 10 Apr, 2007  Reply with quote

Ive heard of some people being in an LD for months,so what would happen if you were in an LD so long , ( as a powerful human, or playing God) that you forgot what RL was? eek2 scared scared scared . Then if they came back into RL not knowing it was RL things would go really bad.They might think they had absolute power, then be depressed in RL from lack of power!!! Any thoughts on this err theory/idea?

Arabinator
Dream Deity
Dream Deity

That is possible, but its not very likely to happen.

Huey
Chocolate Face
cookie lover
LD count: More than you

That would be AWESOME :D

At least that month stuck in the LD uhh I guess it would be pretty depressing, though--you know, to come back to reality and not have that unlimited freedom neutral

Might drive some to suicide. I'd just try to get the hell back to sleep ^^ Drink some Vcks 44 or NyQuil and I'm out sleep

SRV
Somniologist
Somniologist

It would be like if you go to the moon for 1 month and then you come back to Earth.

On the moon, you can nearly fly whereas on the Earth, you stay sticked on the ground.

Spamtek
Man(')s( )laughter
Lucid Initiate

It might be literally depressing too, as in the amount of ramped-up REM sleep it takes to generate an entire month of sensation in a night's time might completely bust your supply of seratonin.

Astral Dreamer
Magic Dreamer
Somniologist
LD count: so many

i have been in a dream for 3 months before (in dream time) it was like an hour in a half in real life. if you dig up my dream diary it was the one where i was being hunted down in a big city by some kind of sniper dude.
some of it was lucid some was non-lucid, when i woke up i had to check the date on my pc, it was kinda weird yes.

Then i had another dream where i saw myself being born, and growing up, i lived in another house, had a different family, and friends, all this seemed normal for me inside the dream.

I didn't even look the same, i even had a diff. name.
when i woke up in real life (i was around the age of 16 in the dream) the next morning, i had to get up and walk around, my mom was at the stove cooking breakfast, my brother was at the table getting ready for work, i knew who they were yes, but it was all soooo confusing to me for a little while.

Magic Dreamer

krakatoa
cookie lover
cookie lover

Cooky!
I think that, the most pressing issue I would find to be; When I've been dreaming for a long time, say. 5 hours or so. I would probably start to wonder when the hell I'm gonna wake up. That is if this HAPPENS to me, and not that I make it happen. I would start to wonder Why I haven't woken up yet. And make up theories, I'm bound to get worried. And start to think that I might be dead, I'd remember writing about this also. It may cause some stress forme. But,, knowing myself I'd find a way to be comfortable, with some effort.
Another issue is this. WHen you're dreaming you don't need to sleep.(if that makes sense) So if the dream lasts that long you'd be conscious fora very long time, longer than ever before. That's gotta feel weird.

donoteat
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

Re: Scary weird idea
PostPosted: Fri 13 Apr, 2007  Reply with quote

Hotrootsoup wrote:
that you forgot what RL was?

Impossible. LDing inherently needs for you to remember real life, or you would fall back into a normal dream, and wake up shortly afterwards.

Peacho
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

Really? You can LD for over a month but have it only be an hour RL time? Now that is awesome! Hell, one month long vacations would be...I can't even describe it! Is it possible for me to learn how to do this?

donoteat
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

Peacho wrote:
Really? You can LD for over a month but have it only be an hour RL time? Now that is awesome! Hell, one month long vacations would be...I can't even describe it! Is it possible for me to learn how to do this?

Read WritersCube's DJ.

Peacho
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

donoteat wrote:
Peacho wrote:

Read WritersCube's DJ.

Thank you very much! I'll look for it now!

But I have a question...will people think I'm weird if I keep a DJ. I'm only 14, and you know how teenagers get when they are introduced to things they think to be strange.

The HB
LD4all addict
LD4all addict
LD count: 11

Peacho wrote:

But I have a question...will people think I'm weird if I keep a DJ. I'm only 14, and you know how teenagers get when they are introduced to things they think to be strange.

I started my DJ at the same age. Nobody knew about it. So far, only a few select friends of mine know i keep a DJ, and a lot of others know i'm interested in dreams. Basically, keep it, but only tell those you can trust, until you can be sure people won't laugh. I was never a popular person, but nobody picks on me because of it. Some people think its a very interesting subject. So go ahead, keep a DJ.

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com
Win Laik Pya
Literally Hawkgirl.
cookie lover

PostPosted: Sat 14 Apr, 2007  Reply with quote

HebrewB wrote:
Peacho wrote:

I started my DJ at the same age. Nobody knew about it. So far, only a few select friends of mine know i keep a DJ, and a lot of others know i'm interested in dreams. Basically, keep it, but only tell those you can trust, until you can be sure people won't laugh. I was never a popular person, but nobody picks on me because of it. Some people think its a very interesting subject. So go ahead, keep a DJ.

yeah only like 2 people know i keep one.

But if i told them it was so i'd remember they would probably just say like "oh ok whatever".

I DO like to tell my dreams to people.

Especially cuz sometimes people come in saying "dude i had the weirdest dream" and i respond "heh, you have no idea...."

It's fun because most people i know have dreams that are totally snorzeville.

Dream Dragon
That's Me ~~~~
Dream Deity
Dream Dragon has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: Approx 30+

It might suck if you had no idea what was going on... but if you realized you were stuck in the dream - and knew you were lucid with absolute power why the heck wouldn't it be AWESOME?!

Peacho
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

TheRealJollyRoger wrote:
HebrewB wrote:
Peacho wrote:

yeah only like 2 people know i keep one.

But if i told them it was so i'd remember they would probably just say like "oh ok whatever".

I DO like to tell my dreams to people.

Especially cuz sometimes people come in saying "dude i had the weirdest dream" and i respond "heh, you have no idea...."

It's fun because most people i know have dreams that are totally snorzeville.

Thanks, both of you. I'll start writing next time I have a dream!

print