How is your sleeping environment?

I was wondering if sound/quiet and light/darkness affected the way you dream?

Last time I had a LD, I had earplug (lots of birds outside) and the blind was down (usually, it is up, so it is very clear in my room in the morning) So quiet and dark in my the room.

Also, it seems like when it is in those conditions, my recall is much better and dreams or often more vivid. Fact or coincidence?

So, in what conditions do you sleep and how it affects your dreams?

I have pretty much determined that the only way my enviroment effects my dreams is if I become lucid and remember I’m some where other than my bed, or do a RC becuase I should be on vacation or something.

As far as light vs dark, sound vs quite, hard or soft bed. It makes no difference to my dreams. But that could just be me personally. I could probably sleep anywhere.
I’d say it probably varies from one person to the next.

I sleep under my bed. It’s a captain’s bed, so the right side is completely blocked, leaving the left side a nice, cozy alcove that I like to sleep in. I cover it completely with a heavy quilt and keep the blinds closed, door shut and air conditioning on, or the window slightly open. So I am in complete, cool and silent darkness - other than the faint sound of music from my radio.

I get a slightly better quality of sleep than actually sleeping on my bed. My recall is probably better sleeping on my bed as opposed to under it, in which hypnagogic imagery is increased. I can also sleep more comfortably on my back under my bed.

It would be quite interesting to experience SP in that environment…

Apparently the benefits of sleeping under my bed outwiegh those of sleeping on my bed because I continue to do so. (Unless, of course, I’m reading. I’ll lie on my bed in such case.)

It’s quite odd, though… Even though my dream recall is more frequent when I sleep on my bed, it’s easier to recollect fragments and eventually piece together an entire dream, or even multiple dreams, when I sleep underneath my bed. Perhaps lucidity is not so far away for me…

It’s HOT

Hottest room in the house

very hot

hot!

did i mention it gets pretty darn hot?

I always sleep better in a dark room, darker the better.

Also a cold room, if it’s too hot I can’t get to sleep.

Well, that was a very detailed descrition! So, ever since you sleep under the bed, you experienced many SP? Is it on hard surface or carpet material that you sleep? Might be insteresting, but there would not be enough space between the bed and me…

Are your dreams (recall, vividness, lucidness, …) better when the temperature is that hot or colder ?

[com]By the way, last night and today in Montréal is freazing cold… well about 5oC so something like 40 oF :smile: Not winter but…[/com]

: jealous :

I’m currently an au pair, which means I have to share my room with an almost two year old boy who talks (and sometimes screams) in his sleep. Last week, I had managed to get lucid with a WBTB and he screwed it up. I almost killed him for that. Harr!