EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 130
Rainbow Connection

Levitation while meditating

Author  Message 
LD count: yes
Location: hare krishna hare krishna, krishna krishna hare hare! hare rama hare rama, rama rama hare hare!

PostPosted: Sat 24 Nov, 2007  Reply with quote

a yogi who has attained full Christ-hood can perform any miracle he wishes,

they seldom do in public

a yogi who has not attained full Christ-hood is more likely to do miracles in public for fame and non-spiritual reasons.

kalmish wrote:
Sri Aurobindo seemed to acknowledge that some people could really do this, that for some it came naturally and for some it took a lot of work. But he saw it as something not very wortwhile for those who could do it automatically, because it came without any refinement or growth, and suggested that for these people it often becomes a type of parlor trick that use for money, that they don't have total control over and thus fake when they have to so they can keep their livelihood. And for those who spent time trying to learn to do it, he saw it as something not really worth the effort because it takes a lot of work and has nothing to do with what he saw as the goal of spiritual practice: inner growth (which he differentiated from ethical or moral growth.)

right, one day the Buddha found a man working on levitation his whole life by the river. The Buddha said, good sir what are you doing? He said, watch, and he floated across the river. The Buddha simply walked across a bridge to get to the other side and remarked, "How absolutely pointless."

This is me paraphrasing the story though.

mindfield
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Fri 30 Nov, 2007  Reply with quote

I don't think it is pointless. I think child like-ness is the key. It is not wrong to practice up these things. They increase freedom degree. So you will be able to do more things in theory. That doesn't mean you will do something wrong or pointless. Just potentially increase freedom degree. However i think balance is the key. Of course it can be pointless if somebody practices it all day and do nothing else.
Anyway I agree with to point of Christ-hood. Showing off is not a mature spiritual act. I think they have freedom to do it when they would like to but the point remains in causes and motivations. If motivation is wrong the whole thing will go wrong. If it is good or at least neutral than it won't supress spiritual growth.

I don't think i would try to learn these things from spiritual satanism or anything related to satanism. I don't know why would somebody do that. There are many peacful and loving non-dangerous, non-damaging way to learn them and they are surely as effective as these 'extravagant' ways, or more effective.

Anyway I don't know why people think that for example christianity is against these things. I am a christian with fundamental evangelical views but i have NOT a LITTLE problem with experimenting with soul travel, thought communication, feeling others feeling and react to them,telekinesis(a bit cause it is hard...) and all weired things like that. :D. To me my faith is even more inspirating than any yoga or systems like the secret(However i like yoga and I read yoga sutras also they are very inspiring). Anyway it is the Bible which says that All things are possible to he whover believes.
Manly nature can supress it and fear and ignorance. I think God, has no problem with practicing it if reasons and motivations are good and the source and energy from which you learn is also in harmony with the good.
So there is no church conspiracy...
You will find people who label these things as superstition and you will find fear from these things in ANY culture... muslim, even Indian cultures. It works exactly the same way everywhere. Childlike positive attitude and faith with love will always liberate you. Many comparations and analysis and hersey hunting and trying to know the wrong examples will supress you. That's so simple.

Something else
Anyway I find myself physical manifestations very difficult. I think it is much easier to do mental communication and things like that than make a change in the physical world. Thats why i find yogic like flying incredibly difficult. Physical world seems so sticked to itself :D you know. Seems hard to change. It is stubborn :D

DragonGirl1136
Guardian of Chaos
Novice dreamer
LD count: 1

PostPosted: Wed 30 Jan, 2008  Reply with quote

Ya just gotta free your mind. tounge2

LD count: yes
Location: hare krishna hare krishna, krishna krishna hare hare! hare rama hare rama, rama rama hare hare!

PostPosted: Fri 01 Feb, 2008  Reply with quote

freeing the mind takes time !

devotion and dedication

patience

Aeon234
Lucid Natural
Dream Deity
Aeon234 has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 1000+

Re: Levitation while meditating
PostPosted: Thu 07 Feb, 2008  Reply with quote

paus wrote:

So my question to you, do you think its real and do you know a way how to attain this form of enlightment?
^_^

In short, Yes.. it would take lots and lots of meditation, and then some.

I have seen something similar once, except it wasn't really like flying, it was more like leaping while in the lotus position. I have however heard many stories about monks hiding away in the mountains.. doing things like re-growing limbs, manifestation, remote viewing, etc. so I think it is a possibility. You have to remember these monks go through all kinds of body conditioning, martial arts, eating healthy vegetarian meals and meditating from the age of 4.. clearing all their karmic debt and what not.

paus wrote:

I am a person who likes to set goals in his life and to chase them till its completed.
Levitation is the dream of every person upon this planet (actually, flying is, but its almost the same thing :q) But there arent many guides who tell about it on the internet.
^_^

One day my friend.. One day... meditate

Current LD goal(s): Explore persistent realms
Spartan76092
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

Re: Levitation while meditating
PostPosted: Sat 09 Feb, 2008  Reply with quote

paus wrote:
<mod>just a reminder. Two posts have been removed from this topic. The beyond forum is not to discuss if you believe in these things or not, or (demand) proof (of) existence, rather to share experience or learn more about it. moogle </mod>

I have seen the Levitation topic, but thats about magic tricks, I have a different question, about levitating while meditating.

I have seen serveral pictures of a day called Continental Yogic Flying Competition. A group of people gather around and levitate by meditating ( i dont know the details about what they actually do there). Is it a trick? I hope not. Because it gave me hope.
I am a person who likes to set goals in his life and to chase them till its completed.
Levitation is the dream of every person upon this planet (actually, flying is, but its almost the same thing :q) But there arent many guides who tell about it on the internet.

So my question to you, do you think its real and do you know a way how to attain this form of enlightment?

What I have collected so far about this subject:
http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a4_136.html (some information about the Flying Competition)

More to come thanks to your contribution hopefully ^_^

I saw this on T.V.
Not to ruin your dreams at flying or anything, but they were jumping around, in Indian style siting postition. It was really stupid and they believe that they will one day believe they can fly.

Personally, I think that's a bunch of crap. I think we might be able to fly one day maybe with technology, but not by jumping around in an Indian style postition.

The world has limitations, such as gravity. In a dream world, there are no such things as limitations, you can do whatever you want. So forget about trying to fly in the real world, and do it in your dreams. It will be just as good.

print