Current Wings Quest 130
Rainbow Connection

The BIG Reality Check topic, part IV

Author  Message 
Lincourtz
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sat 16 Nov, 2013  Reply with quote

So is there a method to prompt your concience to make a reality check within a dream other than doing it often in real life? Cuz ive been reading this read for a quite long time now and i see that people do RC with stuff they've got at hand in real life, but when im dreaming i hardly have anything around that will prompt a reality check, in fact, its like im there but i dont even see my own body, let alone check for something with text or a vending machine or stuff in my room (i never dream about locations im familiar with)

Current LD goal(s): to realize im dreaming in a dream
Thorn
Another LD4all Dragon
cookie lover
Thorn has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 404

PostPosted: Sat 16 Nov, 2013  Reply with quote

Lincourtz, whether you "see" your body or not, you should be able to do RCs with it. I don't look for my hand when I go to pinch my nose; I and other humans have proprioception, so I can guide my hand to my nose with little thought. If you have a head in-dream, why not try putting pressure on your tongue with your teeth? I and some other people have found this to be an effective, discreet RC that results in having no tongue to bite in dreams. Surely you can do a body-based RC if you put your mind to it.

Also, I think you want to say "conscious mind", as your conscience is your inner sense of wanting to do the right thing. smile

Current LD goal(s): Get back into good LDing habits
Lincourtz
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sun 17 Nov, 2013  Reply with quote

Thank you very much, i still dont know much of the terminology and im trying to get used to it. ill keep going with my reality checks and see how it turns out!

Current LD goal(s): to realize im dreaming in a dream

print