Pause Time

The BIG "Was this a LD?" topic - Part VI

Author  Message 
Major Tom

PostPosted: Mon 07 Jul, 2008  Reply with quote

mattiasdavis wrote:
Major Tom wrote:
An overwhelming sense of excitement came

Oh, yes! Deffinetly a LD!! Isn't that feeling just increadible? I've never felt that excited IWL, lol...

And congratulations, it was a very good lucid dream! And you met Clementine! eek2 How cool is that! It was your first LD? It was great for a first one!

How did you know when to stop spinning? Did things get stable and you just felt you weren't waking up anymore? I'm not that good at spinning... cry

Keep up the good work! wink

It was the single most amazing experience of my life.
Sounds sad really, but I really am in love with Clementine.
Aha, is it actually possible to fall in love with a DC if you become so attached to them in your dreams?

Put it this way, upon feeling me waking up, it felt like I was being pushed out the dream, like, off a cliff and when I fell I'd wake up, and when I started spinning after a while I felt safe again, sturdy.
First LD! I'm so excited, I hope for another one soon. It really is extremely exciting, worth going to bed early for, I think! wink5

mattias
Globahead
Globahead
mattias has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Tue 08 Jul, 2008  Reply with quote

Quote:
It was the single most amazing experience of my life.

Just don't ever forget that! Let it help you get extra motivated to practice and you'll get better and better. ^^

Good luck!

Drumm
Musician
Somniologist
LD count: 1

PostPosted: Tue 08 Jul, 2008  Reply with quote

A while ago, I had a weird experience that I think might have been an LD but I don't know...
I went to bed and tried to perform WILD. Basically all I did was use that point relaxation technique (I learned it last summer), then just go with the flow and picture my "dream hand" rising over my real body, then falling through the bed. My dream self ended up back in bed, except it was morning, and I had pretty much full control over everything. I went through with the entire dream like that--full control, and the only two things that were hard for me were 1. keeping it in first person view and 2. making scenes appear properly. That's kind of what makes me think it was more just "glorified imagination" than real lucid dreaming...or some sort of halfway dream. I've done something like it before, but this one was the closest I've gotten, I think.
Could it have been an LD or was it just imagination? neutral

Chat Mods
LD count: 13

PostPosted: Fri 11 Jul, 2008  Reply with quote

It's hard for an outsider to say that is, or is not a dream. I don't think there is anything that jumps out at me as saying that it isn't a real dream. Dreams can be varying vividness and just being in 3rd person doesn't mean it isn't a dream. Many of my dreams have been in 3rd person, some even alternated between 1st and 3rd person. Things don't always appear 'correct' in dreams either. If it was a real dream, and your control was because you realized it was a dream, you were probably lucid.

Current LD goal(s): Become a Dragon! RAWR!
Drumm
Musician
Somniologist

PostPosted: Fri 11 Jul, 2008  Reply with quote

Well, I went in knowing that it would be a dream, that's the thing...but I don't know if I actually entered a dream or not eh

World-of-Bones

PostPosted: Mon 14 Jul, 2008  Reply with quote

Ok,last night I THINK I had a lucid dream. First of all, abit of background, I became interested in this a while back, but then my life got a bit more stressful so i left it alone for a while, and it's only since today, when I woke up thinking i'd become lucid, that i've gotten interested in it again. So basically, I wasn't trying to have a lucid dream last night.
Anyway, this might get a bit complicated, in my dream last night, I remember thinking that I was in a dream, I don't know how but I just remember thinking "Am I in a Dream?" and then thinking "Ok, if I am in a dream I will be able to jump through my bedroom window". So I tied jumping through my bedroom window (To no avail by the way tounge1) And then there was a bunch of other stuff.
But my dilemna is, I'm not entirely sure if that was actually a dream, or whether I just dreamt I had a lucid dream

Chat Mods
LD count: 13

PostPosted: Wed 16 Jul, 2008  Reply with quote

There is often a difficult to describe feeling when you realize you are lucid. In one of my earliest Lucid dreams I tried a similar thing. I said in the dream I must be dreaming, if I am, I should be able to fly. I jumped and floated slowly to the floor, losing lucidity as I hit it. Dreaming you are dreaming is a good indicator that LDing has penetrated your subconscious. If you are struggling to figure out if it is an LD or dream about an LD. I wouldn't worry about it, you will be able to tell once you do have one.

Current LD goal(s): Become a Dragon! RAWR!
trophycase
Somniologist
Somniologist
trophycase has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 79

LD? Or ND About LD-ing...?
PostPosted: Thu 24 Jul, 2008  Reply with quote

Ok, so this morning I woke up and laid in bed still trying to remember my dreams. I was remembering one, but then i started to remember another. It was an LD! But when I began to remember it, it didn't feel like it was an LD. I remember doing things in the dream like reality checks, and rubbing my hands together and things that I do in LD's, but why couldn't I remember it? And when i started to remember it... It didn't feel like I had ever been lucid while i was sleeping. It just seemed like an ND with all the LD characteristics

So... Was this simply just an ND about LD-ing? Or was it an LD with poor recall? Or was it just a very low lever of lucidity?

This has never happened to me, where I have to work to remember my LD's. Usually I wake up right when they're over and remember them perfectly, and I know that they were LD's. It's sort of upsetting to feel that I had an LD, but i don't remember the feeling of it. cry

help!

mattias
Globahead
Globahead
mattias has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Sat 26 Jul, 2008  Reply with quote

trophycase, it's really hard to say sometimes. overspannen All of those options are possible. I too tend to not forget my LD's, so yeah, it's weird when/if it happens. When you did the RC's did they tell you you were dreaming?

FLD's can be fun but really make you crazy! Once I actually said "man, I've never been this lucid!" in a dream without beeing lucid!! grrr (ok, even today I'm still not 100% sure it wasn't a LD. lach2) Anyway...

- - -

I had something weird this morning I'd like some comments. grin I put it in my DJ.

mattiasdavis wrote:
Usually when I get HI it's when I'm not really expecting it. This morning however I was able to kind of "summon" them. I got really relaxed (after trying WILD and giving up) and looked into the "darkness". I watched the weak images that appeared passivly for a long time. Just some crazy random running and turning and spinning REALLY fast at one point, hard to explain. Although the spinning felt "SP-ish"... I also heard and sang some crazy music. (I was actually screaming along, I even wondered if I was making noise IWL )

At one point (after a lot of watching random weak images) I wondered if I was already in the dream so I tried to rub my hands. They felt like "pins and needles" so I stopped and went back to watch the "HI".

Well, I think it was a dream (since I decided and was able to rub my hands), although at no point I was sure I was in a dream. I just decided to go along with it.

Here's where the deffinition of Lucid Dream makes me wonder... eh I didn't know I was in a dream but I was conscious, no doubt of that. So maybe it wasn't a lucid dream, but it was a conscious dream! overspannen

Anyway, LD, ND or HI, whatever, it wouldn't be the first time bad visuals got me confused! And, well, it was fun!

So, basicly, the lack of visual vividness makes me tend to think it was HI, although that doesn't mean a thing, I know... Any comments would be much apreciated. wink If this was a WILD, it was my first HI initiated WILD, I think. And any tips on how to get the visuals more vivid (or a link) would be great. I didn't remember to try "increase vividness!" or other things...

Drumm
Musician
Somniologist

PostPosted: Fri 08 Aug, 2008  Reply with quote

Well, I had a freaky experience this morning with HI, SP and, I believe, LDing. IRL, I was just laying in bed after I had woken up. I was sort of halfway drifting off to sleep at one point, on and off I guess you could say. Then, without warning, my head felt like it was vibrating and becoming paralyzed. I figured that I was going through true SP for the first time, so, trying not to get too excited, I just waited. I could hear an odd laser/synth sound in my ears, and I saw some weird "energy beam" HI that looked a lot like graphics from a video game I have (the sound I was hearing resembled the sound of the beams from the game). Then a strange purple cloud appeared as HI, and it looked like there were numbers or letters etched into it and the whole thing was shifting. Then the picture of a hotel room came into my head, and this is where I believe an LD occured. My upstairs neighbor and one of his little kids were there. The kid was talking about how I have amazing powers and he doesn't. I shook my head--noticing that my hair, waving in front of my face, was a lot shorter than it is IRL--and told him something about since it was a dream, anyone could have amazing powers. At that point I believe I flipped in the air or something to show him, but that part didn't seem to be from my point of view, and everything faded as I started to move my RL body again. I'm pretty sure it was a low-level form of WILD done in the morning...and I'm probably going to try again later if I'm tired enough to take a nap.

Basilus West
Cat of Ulthar
LD4all addict
LD count: 199

PostPosted: Sun 10 Aug, 2008  Reply with quote

Perfectly described. smile Probably a micro-awakening or a FA, then a SP or a dreamt SP, then a LD. The fact you had in the same time images which looked like HI, and that they remind of a video game let suppose it may be a false SP. You can find a similar experience in my DJ here; and another curious one that semt clearly to be a false SP.

And about possible confusions between micro-awakenings and FA, you can read here a case when it was quite impossible to distinguish between them (even after having woken up, I mean).

All this isn't such obvious indeed. ^^

<mod>This topic is a split topic, it continues in part VII here dragon</mod>

print