EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 127
LD4ALL 23rd Anniversary Party

Still having premature awakening problems...

Author  Message 
mattias
Globahead
Globahead
mattias has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

Still having premature awakening problems...
PostPosted: Mon 01 Sep, 2008  Reply with quote

I'm getting better at having LD's. The last months I've had a good number of them. But I still have a problem: I wake up! A great number of my LD's are less than a minute or maybe a few minutes. Rarely I have a 15 minute one.

I think my problem is the way I think in the dream, my state of mind. As most of my LD's are short I usually expect to wake up at any minute, and I guess that expectation kills the LD sadblauw . Even if I try to tell myself to stay calm and remember that I can have a long LD I end up waking up. I guess I still expect waking up, deep down.

When I have longer LD's (around 10-15 minutes, I guess) I end up thinking "hey, this LD is kinda long!" and I wake up! cry

I don't think it's a matter of rubbing hands or spinning since I do those... (actually I can't get spinning to work that well ) I think it's a matter of geting into the right state of mind. I'd like some advice here smile because it's kinda hard for me. It's usually hard for me to be in a LD and think about the LD itself. It would be great to be able to tell myself I can have a long LD in a way I truely beleive it...

It would also be nice to hear if other people have this problem. smile And sorry to the mods if this is in the wrong forum.

thanks for reading. grin

mongolloyd
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: not yet...

PostPosted: Tue 02 Sep, 2008  Reply with quote

you could try to breath deeply and slow to keep calm

mattias
Globahead
Globahead
mattias has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Tue 02 Sep, 2008  Reply with quote

Yeah I'll try that, thanks. wink

print