Current Wings Quest 129
Pause Time

NiGHTS is (not) delayed

Author  Message 
Amused Himself to Death
pretty close...
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Sun 02 Dec, 2007  Reply with quote

(The Sega Dreamcast came after the Sega Saturn. The Sega Dreamcast had superior graphics than the Sega Saturn).

Chuckiferd
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Mon 03 Dec, 2007  Reply with quote

shatterspike1 wrote:

First, those videos are old, and second, you really don't remember how the dreamcast looked. Even at its peak, the dreamcast had worse graphics then that.

Actually I never have seen either of those. I had the system with the different parts that fit together (I had the CD player and the cartrage player). I can't seem to remember the name. I do remember that the playstation1 branched off from that system to become the most powerful system compared to the top-o-the-line computer

shatterspike1
Threadkiller
Dream Deity
LD count: Dry Spell

PostPosted: Mon 03 Dec, 2007  Reply with quote

Chuckiferd wrote:
shatterspike1 wrote:

First, those videos are old, and second, you really don't remember how the dreamcast looked. Even at its peak, the dreamcast had worse graphics then that.

Actually I never have seen either of those. I had the system with the different parts that fit together (I had the CD player and the cartrage player). I can't seem to remember the name. I do remember that the playstation1 branched off from that system to become the most powerful system compared to the top-o-the-line computer

That isn't even sega, that's Nintendo. *facepalm*

Chuckiferd
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Wed 05 Dec, 2007  Reply with quote

shatterspike1 wrote:

no it was a sega. It was black. It had different segments. The cartridges were more "ergonomic" than the boxy nintendo cartrages. I know because I got a super nintendo. Maybe i was wrong about the PSI though. Some of the games I had were, Street Rash, Streets of ??? (sidescrolling fighter) Sonic 1, Sonic 2, The first hockey game with a password system, and Madden ???.

LorDrrr
NiGHTS fanboy
Astral Explorer
LorDrrr has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 50+

PostPosted: Wed 05 Dec, 2007  Reply with quote

Chuckiferd wrote:
shatterspike1 wrote:

no it was a sega. It was black. It had different segments. The cartridges were more "ergonomic" than the boxy nintendo cartrages. I know because I got a super nintendo. Maybe i was wrong about the PSI though. Some of the games I had were, Street Rash, Streets of ??? (sidescrolling fighter) Sonic 1, Sonic 2, The first hockey game with a password system, and Madden ???.

i believe you're talking about the Sega CD?

Reno
Dance Water, Dance!
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 3

PostPosted: Thu 06 Dec, 2007  Reply with quote

LorDrrr wrote:

He means he had the Sega Genesis/CD but misspoke about it branching off to Sony.
The story behind that was that Sony was developing a CD drive add-on for the SNES like Sega had for the Genesis. Basically, Nintendo screwed Sony over and went back on the deal, Sony dropped everything with Nintendo and took their half-finished work and turned it into the PlayStation.

Full story can be found in this wikipedia article.

shatterspike1
Threadkiller
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Wed 12 Dec, 2007  Reply with quote

To quote my highly accurate source:

DiGi wrote:
You know, i just realized something. It's the 11th December right now in the UK but over in Japan, the 11th December is just finishing because their time zones are ahead of us. Most people in Japan will be going to right about now and by the time our 11th December is finished in the UK, it will the morning of the 12th Dec in Japan.

So, what i'm getting at is, by tonight for us in the UK, the Japanese will only have one more day until the release of JoD in their country.
...lucky gits.

I think it's fair to say that this delay was never in place to begin with but that the Sega PR got things HORRIBLY twisted.
I would like to appologize for all the confusion that's happened in terms of this release date. It just goes to show you can't even trust the PR's sometimes.
Not my bad, i was merely the messenger...but i'll appologize anyway.

So in other words, there is no delay. Their source was wrong, and on account of that, I was wrong. Looks like we will be treated to JoD this christmas after all.

Chuckiferd
Somniologist
Somniologist

Reno wrote:
LorDrrr wrote:

He means he had the Sega Genesis/CD ].

Thats it Genesis!!!! y didn't anyone just say so???

Reno
Dance Water, Dance!
Lucid Initiate

shatterspike1 wrote:

So in other words, there is no delay. Their source was wrong, and on account of that, I was wrong. Looks like we will be treated to JoD this christmas after all.

Ah, excellent!
I have high hopes for it, but I really don't think anything will ever be able to compare to the original, although I am looking forward to hearing the new soundtrack.

dreaminghamster
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Thu 13 Dec, 2007  Reply with quote

I found out the hard way that it's better for them to delay a game than release it before Ironing out the bugs. I got Kane and Lynch: Dead Men last week and it completely doesn't work on the PC, still waiting for them to patch it so I can actually start playing grrr .

Chuckiferd
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Fri 14 Dec, 2007  Reply with quote

dreaminghamster wrote:
I found out the hard way that it's better for them to delay a game than release it before Ironing out the bugs. I got Kane and Lynch: Dead Men last week and it completely doesn't work on the PC, still waiting for them to patch it so I can actually start playing grrr .

Why is computer gaming so complicated (sigh). I don't have Kane and Lynch but I have had the same problem. Thats why I like consols more

Reno
Dance Water, Dance!
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Fri 14 Dec, 2007  Reply with quote

Chuckiferd wrote:
Why is computer gaming so complicated (sigh). I don't have Kane and Lynch but I have had the same problem. Thats why I like consols more

Meh. I usually prefer Computer Games over consoles due to the ability to mod them and that they can easily be expanded upon by the developer (who can also fix bugs) with a simple download. Also, I love being able to make infinite copies of my save files (I'm paranoid about losing data) and the PC makes that so much easier.

To keep this NiGHTS related, I absolutely despise the Saturn's internal memory. A lousy 510 memory blocks and the battery dies after about 3 years. Needless to say, I was completely paranoid about my save files until I finally got a Saturn Memory Card (and I still worry about it mysteriously erasing my data! crazy)

shatterspike1
Threadkiller
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Sat 15 Dec, 2007  Reply with quote

So I was watching CN looking for the new NiGHTS commericial, and I saw it. Apperantly it was given a 9 out of 10 by good old Nintendo Power. I liked it, but I can imagine boys ages 5-10 throwing things at the TV in annoyance. By the way, it isn't online, so you'll have to resort to watching it on TV if you want to see it. In america only.

Reno
Dance Water, Dance!
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Sun 16 Dec, 2007  Reply with quote

shatterspike1 wrote:
So I was watching CN looking for the new NiGHTS commericial, and I saw it. Apperantly it was given a 9 out of 10 by good old Nintendo Power. I liked it, but I can imagine boys ages 5-10 throwing things at the TV in annoyance. By the way, it isn't online, so you'll have to resort to watching it on TV if you want to see it. In america only.

Huh? What channel did you see it on?

shatterspike1
Threadkiller
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Sun 16 Dec, 2007  Reply with quote

Cartoon Network (watched just for that reason)

print