Habits and RC

Author  Message 
RainStorm
novice dreamer
Somniologist
LD count: 6/7+1

Habits and RC
PostPosted: Fri 07 Dec, 2007  Reply with quote

Did anyone of you ever notice that many habits you have in WL don't just pass into dreams? I noticed it when I tried to RC every time I smoke a cigarette, so discovered I never smoke in dreams (and this could be good), nor use the phone, never flip any switch, never wander around the internet... Nothing important, just something I noticed and thought to post so that you remember of it when deciding what to bind RCing to.

G. atlanticus
Shiny Space Slug
Dream Deity
LD count: 23

I've noticed this too. I've only been on a computer once. I've only flipped light switches once. (two nights ago... ding ding ding! times 6) I've yet to have braces in my dreams, though I've had them for a year now. I don't have to busy my hands in dreams like in real life, I'm always tapping a pen or messing with something in my pockets.

However, I have had countless dreams about missing my morning school bus, probably because it's my #1 priority in the mornings. Similarly, I dream a lot about losing homework. sadblauw

But that makes sense, I guess. If dreaming is a purely mental experience, shouldn't day-thoughts carry over more? We don't really think about habits.

Current LD goal(s): *formerly known as hunaynay
kTFox has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

I've only had two dreams with a computer in them and I get on my computer almost everyday!

It seems as if my dreams have something different in them every time so I don't have a reoccurring dreamsign.

AsiAsi
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 4.5

Whenever I do an RC on somethign, the next nights they do not show up in my dream, regardless of how many times they showed up before. I would just keep trying-you're bound to dream of it sometime, and when you do...
But if anyone has an explaination for this I would really like it.

luciddator
OBEoligist
Somniologist
luciddator has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
LD count: 100+

PostPosted: Mon 10 Dec, 2007  Reply with quote

I agree with everyone here, i have pretty much stopped doing reality checks now that I have a solid technique. I do find that I dont have a dream sign and that things in WL are not in most of my dreams (except people that I care about) I use MILD and i have great sucess (Borat anyone smile ) so why rely on reality checks?
The only time that I almost had a Lucid Dream from reality checks was when i was in this big, wide meadow and I thought to myself "Is this a dream" but unfortantly i didnt do a reality check in the dream and it stayed a normal dream...
Best of Luck,
The Luciddator

print