LC I - TM and initiator: Ian1 - winner: -=JaSoN=-
LC II - TM: Magnus - winner: Q
LC III - TM: Q - winner: Bravsein
LC IV - TM: Bravsein - winner: WritersCube
LC V - TM: WritersCube - winner: dimsya
LC VI - TM: dimsya - winner: Queen SD
LC VII - TM: Ysim - winner: Mugiwara

Rules
Players will be given points each day based on how well they performed in their dream on the previous night. What do I mean by this? Well, I will explain. You see, there will two different types of ways to earn points. There will be lucid points, and task points. Let me explain lucid points first.

Lucid points are simply given based on how lucid a player gets during the night. The possible amounts of general points that can be earned are as follows:

You have a normal dream without ever considering you are dreaming = 0 points
You consider you may be dreaming at least once in the dream, but don’t get lucid = 10 points
You realize you are dreaming, but wake up within 10 seconds of your realization = 20 points
You realize you are dreaming and have a lucid dream that lasts over approximately 10 seconds = 30 points

In order to get your score you must post the dream in this topic the day following the night you had the dream, and it must be posted before 9:00 PM EST (2:00 GMT), because that is when I tally up the scores (the next task maker can change it to a different time, if he or she wishes.)

Now, here is the fun part. Every other day of the round, the Task maker comes up with a task for the players to complete in their dreams. Now, each task has several different amounts of points that can be earned, depending on the task and how well the player completed it. For example:
Task: Fly to Rome in your dream tonight.
Succeed in flying, but don’t get to Rome = 20 points
Get to Rome, but not by flying = 30 points
Fly, and see Rome ahead of you but never actually reach it = 35 points
Make it to Rome by flying = 40 points
Fly to Rome but find yourself in a magical land called Gerfwergahbafwabah! = :eh: Uhm… 20 points.

The points from completing the task and your lucid points will be added up to make your full score. Also, when you post your dream, also post the score you think you got, to make it easier for the task maker. If you complete the task without becoming lucid, unlikely as that may be, you will still get your task points.

You can also score points by completing tasks that were assigned on previous days, so long as they were assigned during the current round. However, if you complete a task the night it is given, you will receive a 10 point bonus. Remember, you may complete more than one task each night.

Now, when the round comes to an end, whoever has the highest amount of points gets to be the task maker for the next round. If there is a tie, as many tiebreaker nights will be held as necessary, but no new tasks will be assigned during the tiebreakers and the tied players will have to use tasks earlier nights in the round.

1. liam_sw
  2. Doson
  3. Queen SD
  4. ian1
  5. TwilightDreamer
  6. Wyvern
  7. Ysim
  8. strinky
  9. Ang
  10. wnvoss

Sign up now. It’s your chance to get to participate in the eight challenge before it’s too late :ebil:

I suppose i could try again, sign me up :happy:.

Try try again I will also sign up.

Havent had a LD in some time… But i think i’ll give it a go, sign me up :content:

Sign me up too.

Count me in.

'Tis going to be a good month for me so sign me up as well.

/me signs up.

I apparently need some more incentive…I haven’t had a LD in a good while.

Great, only 3 more to go :content:

I would like to play. :smile:

2 more :content:

Oh my god i totaly forgot about this! :eek:
runs back
Hasn’t started yet, has it? Phew… Come on people, sign up!

Hm. Sure, I’ll sign up.

1 more to go! Who will be the last participant in the eight lucidity challenge :smile: ?

C’mon, people, sign up! Why is it taking so long for just one last person to join.

Mugiwara, if this continues for a day more, I suggest you just cut the list off at nine. It’s better than waiting for what could be weeks more without starting.

Lucky number ten! :cool: I’ll join for this round.

Great! Now we have 10 participants :content:.
I’ll post the first task on Friday 02.00 AM GMT :smile:

Task 1: Enter your cellphone

A friend of mine helped me come up with this :content: .
Enter your cellphone and see what’s really going on in there

We got our idea from: youtube.com/watch?v=Uu_vq0lK3xo

Enter your cellphone: 50 points
Read one of your messages while in the phone: 30 points
Read one of your messages while outside the phone: 20 points
Find the panda: 100 points
Ride on the pandas back: 50 points
Find out what or who it is that works in your phone: 30 points
Grab a sms and ride with it to another cellphone: 70 points

The task will end on Sunday 02.00 AM GMT

Okey dokey. What’s a sms?

(I barely ever use a cellphone so my knowledge of these things is very limited.)

I loved that commercial, it was very clever. Wish me luck…