EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 129
Pause Time

Hitting the Ground

Author  Message 
LD count: 0

Hitting the Ground
PostPosted: Wed 12 Mar, 2008  Reply with quote

I was just wondering if when any of you guys have a dream in which you're falling do you ever hit the ground? I only ask because I've heard you're always supposed to wake up before you hit the ground but I always hit the ground. Just wondering if I'm the only one.

Rare
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

hrms, can't say that I've ever hit the ground. Usually when I am falling it's because I just jumped off a cliff, building, tower etc with the intention of free-falling for a bit, then spreading wings, and soaring off into the distance.

But usually, when I near the ground I tend to wake up before actually reaching it.

So when you're falling is this something that happens randomly that you have no control over or are you consciously trying to fall?

I don't usually have dreams where I'm falling for no reason, but I don't jump off of cliffs in my dreams either. It'll usually be something like I get on my trampoline and just bounce super high and then falling back down I miss the trampoline and fall flat onto the hard ground. It's pretty scary when it's happening but those are my favorite dreams when I wake up. I always try to brace myself and somehow try to soften my landing but then my DCs are freaking out saying are you alright but I just stand up and walk away.

Pseudos
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

i never fall in my dreams. Thank you for making me concious about that :D Now i can pay more attention to falling tounge2

OddDreamingDreamer
Some odd rank
Somniologist
LD count: 2 MILD 4 DILD

It no longer happens to me, but when I was little I dreamed of just staring the floor from a high place for hours and then for no reason just suddenly fall and slam the floor very hard. It doesn't hurt at all, but the hit can be quite shocking. And then I don't wake up, I just was a few more hours lying in the floor and then the dream ended.

Current LD goal(s): achieving a steady sleep schedule, then getting proper dream recall
TwilightDreamer
Dream Deity
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Fri 14 Mar, 2008  Reply with quote

Is it anti-climatic for you too? I mean, I jumped off high places in the past (5 metres to 2000) in dreams, but always when I hit the ground, nothing special happens, I am not smashed or anything.

PostPosted: Sun 06 Apr, 2008  Reply with quote

Yeah, last night I just had another falling dream. I was trying to jump roof-to-roof from across these 3 story houses but I tried doing it at the edge instead of at the center so I tripped and fell into the backyard, trying to brace for impact, I landed on my back. I have these fairly regularly, a few a year or so. They're definitely the coolest dreams I have but I don't know why most people don't hit the ground.

DreamKitten

PostPosted: Mon 14 Jul, 2008  Reply with quote

i've fallen but never hit. odd.

Brownman
Padawan Dreamer
Somniologist
LD count: 101+

PostPosted: Mon 14 Jul, 2008  Reply with quote

I think I read up that if you jump off a really high object and hit the ground you have a chance on leaving your body OBE style.

JaRoD
LD Addict :P
cookie lover
Chat Mods

PostPosted: Tue 15 Jul, 2008  Reply with quote

I have a lot of dreams about falling since I'm afraid of heights sadblauw And I pretty much always wake up before I hit the ground but I've had times when I've hit the ground before waking up. Usually I'm just so scared of falling that I wake up while falling. Luckily I'm not scared of heights any more in LDs woo

Scarecrow
Logos.
cookie lover

PostPosted: Tue 15 Jul, 2008  Reply with quote

I used to have falling dreams (well, nightmares)
I hit the ground, feel all warm, and then wake up.
I loved the freefall, even though i thought i was going to die.

Current LD goal(s): Have an SD with that cute little crow.
Brownman
Padawan Dreamer
Somniologist
LD count: 101+

PostPosted: Wed 16 Jul, 2008  Reply with quote

Well I was flying a bit too high this morning and was scared I was going to enter space. So I was having trouble lowering because I was going wicked fast. So I just stopped all flight powers and attempted to free fall. Before I started falling I thought about this topic and wondered if it would hurt, but from that high up I was certain it would. I fell into a shallow stream wicked fast but I felt nothing, just a warm little tingle.

Synneth Relmn
Needs Dream Censors
Lucid Initiate
LD count: Not enough

PostPosted: Wed 16 Jul, 2008  Reply with quote

I've hit the ground several times from falling. I don't I've ever woken up right before I hit, although I have on occasion frozen the dream world, giving me time to wake up or think of a way out before I hit. 2 out of 3 times it hurts when I land. After that, I either:

A. wake up in pain, or
B. awaken in a new dream (or sometimes a ghost in the old dream)

Gaze
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
Gaze has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: Countless

PostPosted: Mon 11 Aug, 2008  Reply with quote

Last time I jumped out of the window(I was running away from people who discovered that i'm a LD-er and prolly wanted to kill me :D ) and when I hit the ground with my knee, I was suprised that it actually did hurt.

underscore
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: 21-ish!

PostPosted: Tue 12 Aug, 2008  Reply with quote

I've only hit once or twice that I can remember---I usually freak out and wake up just as I'm about to hit the ground. When I do, I usually get a weird vibration in my legs (presumably because I'm absorbing the shock from the fall; it sorta reminds me of the feedback from a game controller), and everything goes black. Gotta try this more in a LD (and not by accident ).

print