kin goneth

I have decided to remove the 13 moon / kin stuff from LD4all.

It has nothing to do with lucid dreaming, and is confusing for newcomers. It was nice, but I feel it is time now to go without it. So it is not in the date anymore, and also not in the profile. The dreamspell forum will eventually evaporate too into the lounge probably. No topics will be lost.

For those who still wish to keep their DJ in accordance to the 13 moon style, the [kin] codes to use in your DJ will still be available :content:

edit: starting may 1st, the Quests will also run according to months instead of moons :smile: (easier to remember when one starts and ends too)

i think that was a good decision Qu :wink: … i always got misxe up what moon it is (annoying with tha quests hehe)
by kins :wave:

Haha, being one of the members who’s always known this forum with the kins, that shall feel very weird. On the other hand, the Dreamspell forum was the lowest traffict in the forum — its topics were incresingly sophisticated in terms of especialized knowledge required to post in there, which eventually lead to mostly just skeptics posting there. So yes, I think it was a wise decision to evaporate it, we can still discuss Dreamspell casually, on the Lounge or Beyond, if we want to, but having one single board dedicated to it would eventually lead to needing a whole forum on the subject.

As for the kins, I think smiley/bbCode versions of the icons could be implemented? This way people still can put them in their sigs, and thus nothing is “lost”. The removal of dynamic systems is great, on the other hand: it ought to make pages load much faster (think it had to calculate a kin per page for the header, and also link a kin per post which is up to 15 linking procedures per page), and the pages will also be a tad more lightweight — which is always good news for our phone members. :cool:

:thumbs:

On a side note, I just managed to use the [kin] code in my sig (will take screenshot and revert). The kin image is too big according to guidelines, but perhaps an exception could be made? Like “you can use kin but then you have to count its line as two”.

As promised, here be screenshot.
You know, it kinda reminds me of ye ol’ days.

good idea for sigs!, well I could have smaller kin images for that maybe, like they used to be in the profile. But like this, it is like the old days, isn’t it!

it’s an ideal time to do it since the current planetary moon ends on 1st May :happy:

yeah, I’m good in timing aren’t I :cool:

Wow, i only just noticed that they disappeared…i thought i would notice something disappearing… feels kind of wierd without them though

ooohh noes! after all the work we put into it to make it fit nicely on the lines? :’(

/me pokes Qu
good choice :wink:

Aw, I’m gonna miss them, but I guess it doesn’t really matter because I didn’t realize they were missing in the first place.

Is there a link to somewhere that has all of the icons? I sort of wanted to place mine in my sig or something.

I didn’t noticed that they were gone at first. I guess I never really payed attention to them.

tahku: here is a small list: [new kin images (press CTRL-R) ;))

and here is some more explanation on how to put it in your sig [new: kin BB code :D [kin])

also if you do a search for “dreamspell” and/or “kin” on the forum you will find all topics to do with dreamspell :smile:

I agree

Richie, you chatspeaker you :tongue: ~Q~

So is there no more list of the full 200 or so? Like are the symbols narrowed down now to the ones above? If I’m White Lunar Wind is my symbol just the Wind?

no, if you search for dreamspell you will find topics where they are all displayed, I can’t remember what topic. But if you know your kin number then you just type [kin=244] for example, and then it displays your kin :smile:

what was the code for the small kin icons that used to be displayed under the avatar?

there is no code for those moogle.

Oh… surprising to stumble upon this change now just suddenly. It is a change I’d prefer not to happen, but you are right it is better this way. :content:

I appreciate this change, since I never understood it.

Another change eh? Kins didn’t really serve a large point in the forum anyways, (cept’ that the yellow kins are better than the blues) (Don’t let the evil ones dissuade you otherwise)

Course if someone really wants others to know their Kin they can always just make a small image or put it in a nice text format in their signature.

(Bruno said) “As for the kins, I think smiley/bbCode versions of the icons could be implemented? This way people still can put them in their sigs, and thus nothing is “lost”.”

Good idea if it’s not too much trouble to be implemented, though I wouldn’t use it myself.