the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic part 53

This is Part 53 of the big “Hi I’m New Here” topic. The previous part can be found here. All links to previous parts including the “shake hands” topics can be found in this post.
Keeping all the intros in one topic prevents us from having thousands of individual “hello, I’m New” topics and keeps the forum from getting cluttered up. :content: Anyone is welcome to post here :user: , new and old members. So don’t be shy :peek: , we don’t bite :wolfbite: .
(please remember to not carry on long chatspeak conversations in here, we have a wonderful private message system, chatroom and playground for that :thumbs: )

:welcome: Hi all newcomers :happy:

Hi, everyone! I debated for a while in section I should post in and decided to post here. At one time I was a member of this site, but not very active, so I didn’t really perceive myself as one.

This go around, I plan on being an active member, and learning as much as I can. Dream linking has always been a point of interest to me, also, hopefully I can achieve that while I am here.

• Caroline

:welcome: Caroline!
You can learn a lot here.I hope too that you become an active member and don’t mysteriously disappear!

:yay: welcome back, I wonder how long it would have taken me to guess who you were if you hadn’t pmed :eh:
/me chains Caroline to the chatroom :grin:

Hello everyone :smile: I hope I’ll learn a lot new things about LD’s here :cheesy:.
Just love Lucid Dreams.

Kind regards,

Mryc

:welcome: I hope you find everything you need here. The people here are very nice, and helpful so if you need anything, just ask!

:welcome: Mryc!!!
You can find everything you need here, good luck!

:welcome: hello Mryc, welcome to the forum.
I’m sure you will have LD discoveries to share with us too. :smile:
BTW have you got the ‘Attach signature’ ticked in your profile? Since It doesn’t show at the bottom of your post :eh:

Hello everyone! My name is dreamcat and I’m new here as well. I Iearned about lucid dreaming when I was reading a book about astral projection. But I got really interested in it after I read a fiction novel where the main character practiced lucid dreaming. I’ve been trying to learn all I can about lucid dreams since then. I still haven’t had my own ld but I think I almost did once. :content: Its nice to meet everybody.

:wave: hello dreamcat, welcome to LD4all :happy:

but I notice you put "umm…1/2? " in your profile :eh:
if you became aware that you were dreaming in a dream, no matter how long the lucidity lasted you should call it a LD :content:
Good luck with your lucid quest :thumbs:

Oh, okay then! Thanks for letting me know, moogle. I thought that since I woke up from my dream right after I said “This is a dream” then it might only count as half a ld, lol. :slight_smile:

hiey all… just joined the forums today after reading up on the site for a few months bout how ta get myself started… posted a dream journal now as last nite i succesfully remembered two dreams. looking foward to getting into it more, ive been taught about self hypnosis and relaxation before, but im a terribly anxious person none the same. on and off medications and seeking better way to deal with my problems… short of psycadelic therapy this is running up one of my only better potions so here i am…HI every unz :grin: .
il b roundz abit i reconnin so i lookz fowards to meeting uall…
PeAcE :wave: :wave:
wookiesliveonendor :neutral:

Hi Kira, Mryc, dreamcat and wookiesliveonendor! I’m Yanielle, haven’t been here too long but I already love it. I hope to see you guys on the forums, maybe on chat-its fun.

'lo, everyone :smile:

Short intro: one of my mom’s friends is a psychologist with a specialty in dream interpretation, she had him workshop us – family and other friends-- for a weekend when I was 7, and I’ve been interested ever since. Even though I didn’t actually practice what we learned then until 8 years later-- started keeping a dream journal more-or-less diligently, tried to interpret them and they weren’t all interpretable but I thought they’d make a good story… some day.

I got into OBE’'s for a while, but a professional psychic in the flat downstairs (also an old friend of my mom’s) panicked a bit and told me everything I like to do out-of-body (fly, meet my guides, resolve my spiritual purpose) I can do in lucid dreams, without “mischievous energies.” So I’m trying that out now, thinking it would be easy because my recall was already pretty good thanks to Uncle D. ,and psychologists say OBE’s and LD’s are the same thing anyway… but LD’s are turning out to be so much harder!

So here I am.

Hey… I’m new here too. I’ve been LDing casually for a couple of years now, but these past 6 weeks have given me two that were much more vivid than I’m used to. So I’m here to learn and share…

Hi there. I’m new. I’ve been interested in lucid dreaming for about a year now, but I’ve only gotten one so far. I found your website and decided I should pop in and make myself known.

Hopefully, no one takes offense to my user name. I’ve used it for as long as I can remember.

And hopefully I’m not the only one that’s compared lucid dreaming to the Matrix, with freeing your mind and all that. >_<

I think I’m new here - I’m not entirely sure.

Anyways, I hope that I’ll get and LD or two here, and make some new friends. 'Cause that’s what life’s all about.

Hello J Assassin and Frosted Ambassador! :welcome: I hope you’ll find us quite friendly. :happy:

It’s great to hear you’ve already had an LD!

Actually, I think there’s a large thread here dealing with just that. digs around Right Here!

:wave: hello wookiesliveonendor, EllyEve, antwan711, J Assassin and Frosted Ambassador to LD4all

wookiesliveonendor, I will be following your DJ and I’m sure we will get a first LD appearing in there :grin: If you find relaxation difficult, you may be better to concentrate on MILD and WBTB.

EllyEve, in addition to the fun of pondering the meanings of dreams … some are so weird or obvious dream signs are missed, they are funny to read afterwards and share with others :tongue:

that is true :content:

:wave: antwan711, seems odd welcoming you here after talking in your DJ previously :grin:
I think you will enjoy being a member of LD4all :happy:

J Assassin,

We have a My First LD Collection in the dream journal forum it would be good if you posted your first LD into it. Also feel free to start an online DJ in the DJ forum if you wish to keep a record of your dreams and LDing progress :cool:

Frosted Ambassador,

I think it would be impossible to be a LD4all member and not make some friends here :grin:

I’ll bump into you all in the different topics on the forum :wiske: (bump is probably a bad choice of word on a forum :tongue: )

:welcome: Everyone!!
I hope you find everything here that you need! :content: